IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 156.
#6901 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Many thanks to Taylor34 for the ramp
Cover it is well done abs made Well
New right ramp cover successfully installed it was soooooo hard to do there’s no room in there to work even with ignition wrenches ;
Holy hell that was tough !!!
Looks great about to test
I don’t care that it’s not see through seems way better than original and looks phat
[quoted image]

Very nice of him to send that cover, but why do you wish to lose sight of the ball on that cool u turn? Clear was done that way on purpose so ball travel is not lost. The whole point of pinball is to see the ball traveling all over the PF. That’s why Gary Stern will not allow subways on any Stern game, because they are pointless, when the ball is lost from view. Contact Stern and they’ll send you a new one.

#6902 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Very nice of him to send that cover, but why do you wish to lose sight of the ball on that cool u turn? Clear was done that way on purpose so ball travel is not lost. The whole point of pinball is to see the ball traveling all over the PF. That’s why Gary Stern will not allow subways on any Stern game, because they are pointless, when the ball is lost from view. Contact Stern and they’ll send you a new one.

I love the new ramp cover much better and durable then stock;

I actually like how the ball hides for a second…. To me it isn’t a big deal that you loose sight for a second but so may be bothered ;

I’m gonna looking for that ramp adjustment I just got to location

#6903 1 year ago

#6904 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I love the new ramp cover much better and durable then stock;
I actually like how the ball hides for a second…. To me it isn’t a big deal that you loose sight for a second but so may be bothered ;
I’m gonna looking for that ramp adjustment I just got to location

Top green circle is the nut and thread your looking for.

D04F7BB5-4D5B-4300-AC54-34D9CDC7FBA2 (resized).jpegD04F7BB5-4D5B-4300-AC54-34D9CDC7FBA2 (resized).jpeg
#6905 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Top green circle is the nut and thread your looking for.
[quoted image]

Thanks for this ; here’s Is what my ramp entrance looks like ; looks like it looks ok

98DD39AB-534A-4D7B-BBEB-0F50A628C7C0 (resized).jpeg98DD39AB-534A-4D7B-BBEB-0F50A628C7C0 (resized).jpeg
#6906 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thanks for this ; here’s Is what my ramp entrance looks like ; looks like it looks ok
[quoted image]

Yeah looks good mines pretty similar, the flap is straight with a slight downward curve.
Too much downward curve (nut too tight) and you get a curved ramp entrance that launches the ball. I worked all this down when I did the key post about removing the ramp and sorting washers under the U turn and up/down scoop.

#6907 1 year ago

Anyone want a topper? Send me a message, I had a pending sale on one that fell through - (note: for the normal retail price +tax/shipping)

#6908 1 year ago
0C55EC51-6C22-4457-B198-3EED97518BDC (resized).jpeg0C55EC51-6C22-4457-B198-3EED97518BDC (resized).jpeg
#6909 1 year ago

I'm hoping Dwight will give us a code update with the new season.

#6910 1 year ago

Maybe Translite of this!

#6911 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

So I had this planned months ago but the last quarter of last year was rough what with the misses and her health dramatically declining. But things have began to pick up the last few weeks so back on the pinball train.
Finally got round to completing and finishing up my Beskar Camtono mod, internally lighted with an amber light like in the show and compete with a stack of Beskar. Mounting this either on the pop bumper or at the front of the right hand ramp plastic.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hello! How did the mod placement turn out? And where did you get your apron cards?

Thanks!

#6912 1 year ago

Played Mando Pro a few times. Unable to form any opinion about it. It seems like Mando does not get much love from the pin community at large. What are the negatives about this title? Been thinking about getting one, but they seem to be overstocked everywhere and that is making me a bit gun shy.

#6913 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Played Mando Pro a few times. Unable to form any opinion about it. It seems like Mando does not get much love from the pin community at large. What are the negatives about this title? Been thinking about getting one, but they seem to be overstocked everywhere and that is making me a bit gun shy.

I think they are overstocked simply because stern has been pumping these out like crazy because it’s such A great game and they are selling a bunch of them just check how long and posts on this thread ;

I thought it was a super popular title …

I love my mando I was going to trade it in because it was soo brutal but I added 2 outlane genie posts and made the game seem night and day;

I think it’s a great pin and I won’t be getting bored with it anytime soon;

As far as hate I don’t know much about that everyone that plays mine loves it ;

Oh and with mando in my opinion you just need the pro then add some mods and it will be close to a premium besides the upper playfield ;

Made by the same guy as medieval madness I believe ;

Mando is all short shots fantastic game !

As far as negatives there aren’t many at all !

Some people find the game to be hard and it is unforgivable;

I’ve had mine for 3 months and play it 2 hrs a day and everyday just under 2k plays no major issues few minor tweaks etc

I would say pull the trigger you won’t regret it but definitely play it more so you know it’s right for you ;

I was about to trade mine in before I added the thicker outlane posts now it’s one of my favorites

#6914 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Made by the same guy as medieval madness I believe ;
Mando is all short shots fantastic game !

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/brian-eddy

#6915 1 year ago

Also mando season 3 is about to come out ;just my guess that will maybe surge more people to get the game as pinball is really becoming more popular I think ?

That will sell most of that overstock your talking about perhaps even if there is that large inventory

I did talk to stern recently and they said they are still pumping out mandos so I doubt they would still be making them if they weren’t selling ….

But I know what you mean they are available

#6916 1 year ago

I attribute some of the negativity to the sour grapes people who are angry that Stern makes anything besides Godzilla Premium or another Elwin pin. They put in their deposit without asking if they were #584 in line at a distro that gets an allotment of 5 machines at a time, and somehow that is Sterns fault, not theirs…

I also think the long pause between seasons (since 2020) also has a part to play in availability. I think people will be excited again when new episodes start playing

#6917 1 year ago

We won’t be getting footage from season 3 eventually could we in a update or that is a sailed ship

#6918 1 year ago

If we get anything from season 3, it’ll be DLC.

#6919 1 year ago

Mando is a very good game

#6920 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

We won’t be getting footage from season 3 eventually could we in a update or that is a sailed ship

I doubt it. It would have to be licensed, and would likely mean Stern would have to pay Disney more to do it. New video assets would likely only come from someone adding it using Pinball Browser on their own as a bootleg effort

#6921 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

MANDO was my first pin. It's still my favorite (scooby might knock it out, but it will be hard). I have a Prem

The theme is really well done, the modes progress in an order that makes sense (unlike SW, which seams like a free for all IMHO). The multi balls come fairly easy and often. I've had no issues with the build of my machine, some where north of 3k play on it now. Side rules and modes are fun for a change of pace (impossible mode is brutal). lots of show assets and Carl Weathers does the call-outs (grief carga from the show)... i find myself yell 'thanks carl' and 'shut up carl' during some of the call outs...

it is a cradle and shoot type pin, not much 'flow' but i prefer the controlled madness rather than the fast ball free-for-all that SW is. The fan type layout would be a good ying to your godzilla 'all over the place' layout (i don't know what to call it)

I would go Prem if you have the $$, the upper playfield and wire-forms is worth it IMO. if buying again, i would check out the classifieds and find a fairly low play game from someone close.

The main thing i have heard is the left ramp can break w/o a cliffy installed on it. Has not happened to me (knocking on the oak table). Mods are plentiful and cool, but Stern has decided to price me out of an official topper. The other thing is the left orbit gets ball tracks fairly quickly and requires cleaning about every 100-150 games or so.

that being said, I am a huge OG starwars fan, mild prequal fan, hate the post force awakens movies (i forgot their names) but loved Mando seasons 1, 2 and 2.5 (the bubba fett stuff slowed it down though)

#6922 1 year ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

MANDO was my first pin. It's still my favorite (scooby might knock it out, but it will be hard). I have a Prem
The theme is really well done, the modes progress in an order that makes sense (unlike SW, which seams like a free for all IMHO). The multi balls come fairly easy and often. I've had no issues with the build of my machine, some where north of 3k play on it now. Side rules and modes are fun for a change of pace (impossible mode is brutal). lots of show assets and Carl Weathers does the call-outs (grief carga from the show)... i find myself yell 'thanks carl' and 'shut up carl' during some of the call outs...
it is a cradle and shoot type pin, not much 'flow' but i prefer the controlled madness rather than the fast ball free-for-all that SW is. The fan type layout would be a good ying to your godzilla 'all over the place' layout (i don't know what to call it)
I would go Prem if you have the $$, the upper playfield and wire-forms is worth it IMO. if buying again, i would check out the classifieds and find a fairly low play game from someone close.
The main thing i have heard is the left ramp can break w/o a cliffy installed on it. Has not happened to me (knocking on the oak table). Mods are plentiful and cool, but Stern has decided to price me out of an official topper. The other thing is the left orbit gets ball tracks fairly quickly and requires cleaning about every 100-150 games or so.
that being said, I am a huge OG starwars fan, mild prequal fan, hate the post force awakens movies (i forgot their names) but loved Mando seasons 1, 2 and 2.5 (the bubba fett stuff slowed it down though)

I think that’s pretty accurate. It’s fun but very different from the others I have (which I like). Shots feel very close-up and fast. Callouts and video assets are all very good. Multi-balls are fun. Upper playfield on the prem/le is also a lot of fun.

#6923 1 year ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

Mando will still be your favorite after about 100 games on SD. Mando has so much more in every way game play wise. It’s one of my goto games in my collection. Such a fun shooter with interesting mechs and game play. SD has none of that in comparison, although it has some cute code, shooter wise, its pretty plain. Mando is made by the guy that made MM and AFM, two of the top five games.

#6924 1 year ago

Mando also gets some shade from the competitive players for being "wood-choppy" and too linear at times. This was especially true on early code (razorcrest shot, amount of time spent starting and completing encounter levels) but later code has balanced that out a little bit more. I think this was exacerbated by the slow pace of code updates initially. By the time the most egregious wood-chopping issues were softened by a code update, the pinball media had already moved on to talking about the next release. Mando kind of missed the hype window, which didn't help.

If you're not a tremendous competitive player I don't think the above are really issues that should prevent you from owning one. If you like the theme and like a challenging trap/shoot game, this is a fantastic machine with staying power. I think it could still use one more (substantive) code update to eliminate bugs and increase the utilization of the mechs a little more (Grogu magnet is just screaming to be a hurry-up lock for 2-ball multiball, imo), but I also love the machine it is right now.

EDIT: Beskar accumulation could really stand to be increased as well. I think having "foundry shopping" closer to the start button would help hook new players by giving them something "cool" that they can reasonably get to most games. Right now it can be a little tough for a player to get enough beskar in a game to be able to buy anything, due to the way the big beskar payouts are tied to modes like Hunter that you usually have to complete intentionally.

#6925 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Elvira and Avengers have subways.

#6926 1 year ago

When is next batch of toppers shipping from Stern?

#6927 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Anyone want a topper? Send me a message, I had a pending sale on one that fell through - (note: for the normal retail price +tax/shipping)

Still have this if anyone wants one!

#6928 1 year ago

Stern told me that the big ramp can sometimes crack ; getting that in and out has to be a mega mission;

This Game is super underrated in my opinion just because sterns pumping them out like crazy doesn’t mean a bad thing;

I like it better then other games rated higher; it’s definitely a top 20 of all time game to me or Better

I’m new to the hobby mando was my first pin so I’m biased;

Game grows on you like fine wine;

I did not start enjoying mando until I installed fat genie out post

I’ve got about 2k plays

#6929 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When is next batch of toppers shipping from Stern?

If I remember right I think March

#6930 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

It was the game that was released shortly before Godzilla, the biggest, most popular release in 20+ years. It got overshadowed.

I'm not that big into the theme, but really enjoy the game. The pro is loaded and feels like youre not really missing much from the premium/LE (granted the premium's upper playfield is super impressive). It feels just right as far as difficulty is concerned. Shots are fairly narrow except the middle shot and all the shots are close to the flippers which make missed shots punishing. Both ramps and the U-turn are easier and safer to hit as a backhand, which makes it kind of unique to shoot.

#6931 1 year ago

I'll echo what a lot of other folks have said. Love my Mando. The theme integration is top notch. I think if you go to any "owners club" thread you'll find mostly positive reviews.

I've played through "I like those odds" maybe 5 times and it's such a fantastic, true to theme pinball moment. Scoop to left flipper cradle to left ramp to right flipper cradle to right ramp to center ramp back to scoop is so satisfying.

#6932 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Elvira and Avengers have subways.

Avengers subway is completely visible, the ball does not disappear.

#6933 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I did not start enjoying mando until I installed fat genie out post

I did the exact same thing!

#6934 1 year ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

I did the exact same thing!

What is a Fat Genie Outpost? Sounds exciting, I like my Genie fat

#6935 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Avengers subway is completely visible, the ball does not disappear.

I really wouldn't call that completely visible.

Anyway, a subway is a subway.

Are you denying Elvira has a subway?

#6936 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

What is a Fat Genie Outpost? Sounds exciting, I like my Genie fat

Star post

Genie (resized).pngGenie (resized).png
#6937 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Star post [quoted image]

That’s it !!

I’m bummed out on my GZ I can only fit one on one side cause the ball will get stuck on the right side ;

About to install it on AIQ right side ;

Mando is way. Better with these posts on it

#6938 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

That’s it !!
I’m bummed out on my GZ I can only fit one on one side cause the ball will get stuck on the right side ;
About to install it on AIQ right side ;
Mando is way. Better with these posts on it

It’s your game. Set it up to play however you like!

If the game ever feels too easy, you can always put it back to stock.

#6939 1 year ago

Anyone who's had the game for a while regret their Mando purchase? I'm looking to get a Mando pro, but a lot of people keep saying Godzilla is much better, although I'd probably want the Premium and that one and it's major $$$. I've played each of them several times at my distributor but still can't decide.

#6940 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Anyone who's had the game for a while regret their Mando purchase? I'm looking to get a Mando pro, but a lot of people keep saying Godzilla is much better, although I'd probably want the Premium and that one and it's major $$$. I've played each of them several times at my distributor but still can't decide.

Mando is fun, Godzilla is much more fun.

#6941 1 year ago

They are very different games with very different IPs. Try both and buy what you like.

#6942 1 year ago

Anyone who's had the game for a while regret their Mando purchase? I'm looking to get a Mando pro, but a lot of people keep saying Godzilla is much better, although I'd probably want the Premium and that one and its major $$$. I've played each of them several times at my distributor but still can't decide.

I still have my Pro from the first run of Mandos when the game hit the assembly line. Had no issues with it at all. Love the game. It’s challenging but rewarding and keeps me coming back for more.

#6943 1 year ago

Both great most say GZ is better,I had both still have mando,! Just personal opinion!

#6944 1 year ago

I love my mando. Also love my GZ premium...godzilla is more flow and variety with rules IMO. Both are great and I like the theme on mando more...but not gonna say it's a better player. I'd buy it again if that helps.

#6945 1 year ago

Mando is a top goto game imo. Really fun once you learn where the shots are on the flippers and backhand most of them from a cradle position. Then the game comes alive.

#6946 1 year ago

Stupid question but here it goes… How do you select which item you want the lockdown bar button to activate? I understand that jet pack helps complete missions and flame thrower spots shots but Im missing something as far as choosing which one I want to activate.

#6947 1 year ago

Diverter blade is loose, swivels left and right. I tightened the screw but it didn’t help. Nothing appears broken. Anyone else have this issue?

6D86A915-5370-4DA8-A430-2C5181C1AA7A (resized).jpeg6D86A915-5370-4DA8-A430-2C5181C1AA7A (resized).jpeg
#6948 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Stupid question but here it goes… How do you select which item you want the lockdown bar button to activate? I understand that jet pack helps complete missions and flame thrower spots shots but Im missing something as far as choosing which one I want to activate.

I believe the flame thrower is a longer press. I still screw it up going for rifle or whistling birds however.

#6949 1 year ago

So if the Mandalorian can do it so can I! Sneak peek at the N-1 Naboo Starfighter

I picked up a Mandalorian Premium last year, fun fast game, love it and all things Mando.
So, Since Moff Guidon went ahead and destroyed the Razor Crest, the Mandalorian had to commission another ship, turns out it’s a Naboo Starfighter in the hangar waiting to be assembled.
Challenge accepted! Since he did it so could I, as long as I had the time to revise/redesign the 3D model to include lights for the Nubian drives through the wings and support pins for the wing assembly, then it was game on!

Well, After several months, 100 or so design modifications and a few test prototypes (see photos), the current prototype came out fairly well other than the drives being on the wrong side. (Fun story, had forgotten that “mirror” in CAD programs is opposite and everything was printing in reverse, ugh.)
so, with a decent prototype ready I went ahead and did a quick paint job and tested fitment for installation to play a few games.

Personally, I Love this much more than the Razor Crest and I think you will too!!!

Yea, I only showed you photos up through the prototype installed and a few design and print photos to wet your whistle.

… to be continued.

05A6DA3F-CB3C-4BD5-8B5D-102E68716758 (resized).jpeg05A6DA3F-CB3C-4BD5-8B5D-102E68716758 (resized).jpeg3A45954A-3BF5-405F-902D-0570D396D935 (resized).jpeg3A45954A-3BF5-405F-902D-0570D396D935 (resized).jpegB867AB30-48F8-4030-966E-4226E5F55FAF (resized).jpegB867AB30-48F8-4030-966E-4226E5F55FAF (resized).jpeg484039B2-8657-418E-A1B5-229F9D7664A8 (resized).jpeg484039B2-8657-418E-A1B5-229F9D7664A8 (resized).jpeg01E54B25-133E-4707-81E6-B87BC29ACD71 (resized).jpeg01E54B25-133E-4707-81E6-B87BC29ACD71 (resized).jpeg576371DF-34CC-495A-850F-4EB5923727A0 (resized).jpeg576371DF-34CC-495A-850F-4EB5923727A0 (resized).jpegE11EF0AA-7CA2-452E-92A7-BF91795F4CC8 (resized).jpegE11EF0AA-7CA2-452E-92A7-BF91795F4CC8 (resized).jpeg561CC9A8-A91F-4573-99AE-4C590B1D744D (resized).jpeg561CC9A8-A91F-4573-99AE-4C590B1D744D (resized).jpegB45E8DDE-3976-4964-88F3-5388A66305A7 (resized).jpegB45E8DDE-3976-4964-88F3-5388A66305A7 (resized).jpegA6F84E77-EAB9-4F5C-B766-929E13EA8693 (resized).jpegA6F84E77-EAB9-4F5C-B766-929E13EA8693 (resized).jpeg2877F399-3459-4005-95C9-A995F2989559 (resized).jpeg2877F399-3459-4005-95C9-A995F2989559 (resized).jpeg
#6950 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

So if the Mandalorian can do it so can I! Sneak peek at the N-1 Naboo Starfighter
I picked up a Mandalorian Premium last year, fun fast game, love it and all things Mando.
So, Since Moff Guidon went ahead and destroyed the Razor Crest, the Mandalorian had to commission another ship, turns out it’s a Naboo Starfighter in the hangar waiting to be assembled.
Challenge accepted! Since he did it so could I, as long as I had the time to revise/redesign the 3D model to include lights for the Nubian drives through the wings and support pins for the wing assembly, then it was game on!
Well, After several months, 100 or so design modifications and a few test prototypes (see photos), the current prototype came out fairly well other than the drives being on the wrong side. (Fun story, had forgotten that “mirror” in CAD programs is opposite and everything was printing in reverse, ugh.)
so, with a decent prototype ready I went ahead and did a quick paint job and tested fitment for installation to play a few games.
Personally, I Love this much more than the Razor Crest and I think you will too!!!
Yea, I only showed you photos up through the prototype installed and a few design and print photos to wet your whistle.
… to be continued.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hot damn. Well done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop
Shooter rods
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Essex, VT
$ 39.00
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,782 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.