Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 157.
#6751 1 year ago

So is this topper really worth the price? What do you get on additional modes and how easy is it to get to them? Love to gear from people first hand.

#6752 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So is this topper really worth the price? What do you get on additional modes and how easy is it to get to them? Love to gear from people first hand.

Topper is great. Mandalorian madness is not that easy to get. I wish it was a multiball and not a timemode. It’s fast over. The beskar mode is more a Gift than a mode. 20.000 beskar are also not easy to get. There could be more animation in the topper and maybe one other mode. Is it worth that money? I
Think 1200-1400$ would be more fair. But these days are crazy because everything become more expensive. No idea how this ends.

#6753 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Topper is great. Mandalorian madness is not that easy to get. I wish it was a multiball and not a timemode. It’s fast over. The beskar mode is more a Gift than a mode. 20.000 beskar are also not easy to get. There could be more animation in the topper and maybe one other mode. Is it worth that money? I
Think 1200-1400$ would be more fair. But these days are crazy because everything become more expensive. No idea how this ends.

Agreed on all.

Plus it’s worth it if you want more bugs and over 2 months for stern fix these bugs specific to the topper. You would think they could do this with the high $$$ of it. Sigh

#6754 1 year ago

What funny about the Topper issues is that there's no "licensing, supply chain, or Disney" holdup at this point. All Stern.

#6755 1 year ago
Quoted from DesertRrat:

This Hot Wheels speeder bike makes an inexpensive ($20-$25) DIY mod for your Mando.
If you only like expensive Mods, then this one may not be for you
Saw that someone else had posted something similar without much detail on how they did it. So, I thought I'd add a few more details with some pictures to help us newbies put one on ours.
I've used both the Storm Trooper and the Mando version as shown in my pictures. Either one looks great on the game.
Nice part is there's already a hole on the plastic U-Turn cover that you can use when you mount the base. You'll just need to drill the hole in the speeder base, a mounting screw, a few washers (for spacing) and a lock-nut.
As you'll see in the pictures, if you line up the speeder with the graphic on the plastic, it can look like a reflection or a shadow of the speeder when it's mounted. It actually looks like it belongs there.
Below is a kind of step by step picture show on how to install.
[quoted image]
U-Turn plastic shown removed. Notice the hole below the bike graphic. That's where the screw will go to hold the mount of the bike to the U-Turn plastic.
[quoted image]
Keep in mind that I've already lined up the bike with the graphic and marked where the hole in the base should be using the existing hole in the U-Turn plastic, then drilled the hole. One washer under the screw head, and two washers under the mount. The two washers keep the mount from getting squished when you snug up the lock nut.
[quoted image]
One washer underneath the U-Turn plastic before putting on the lock-nut and snugging. Make one more check on the alignment of the bike with the graphic before snugging up the lock-nut.
[quoted image]
U-Turn plastic replaced, showing the Storm Trooper.
[quoted image]
Mando looks like he's kicking up some dust as he rides
[quoted image]
Back side of the Storm Trooper
[quoted image]
Wider angle of Mando.
Here's a video that shows how the Mando bike looks on the game with the lights on.
The Storm Trooper I found at Target. But I couldn't find any Mando bikes. So, I ended up buying him in bulk. So now I've got about six extras. If anyone would like one, let me know.

Thanks for documenting this. I found one on Amazon for $12. Since this is my first machine, this gives me confidence in working in around the tight spaces.

mando bike (resized).pngmando bike (resized).png
#6756 1 year ago

Mine arrived yesterday, I'll be installing tomorrow.

#6757 1 year ago

Anyone pull off the 720 Million Ambush? I had about a 650 Million all set up and bricked the right ramp. Heartbreaking.

#6758 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Anyone pull off the 720 Million Ambush? I had about a 650 Million all set up and bricked the right ramp. Heartbreaking.

2 questions my friend...assuming you are on latest code...

1. Are you insider connected?

2. Any resets or weirdness or bugs?

#6759 1 year ago

Yes and No

#6760 1 year ago

Anyone have this issue? Where the wire ramp comes out of the speeder bike ramp, the wire ramp is moving back and forth a bit and has chipped the clear plastic of the ramp on both sides? Only have 585 games so far and am worried about the integrity of the ramp. I will probably call tech support later this week, but wanted to see if others have this issue.

#6761 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

Anyone have this issue? Where the wire ramp comes out of the speeder bike ramp, the wire ramp is moving back and forth a bit and has chipped the clear plastic of the ramp on both sides? Only have 585 games so far and am worried about the integrity of the ramp. I will probably call tech support later this week, but wanted to see if others have this issue.

Got pics?

#6762 1 year ago

Yep, sorry for not posting them with the question. My glass is really tight and getting it on and off is a pain. Here they are. As you can see, the left and right side of the opening of the ramp is chipping where the wire goes through the hole in the ramp. Also, you can see scratches where the left wire form end has been rubbing back and forth on the ramp

Mando Ramp 2 (resized).jpgMando Ramp 2 (resized).jpgMando Ramp 3 (resized).jpgMando Ramp 3 (resized).jpgMando ramp 1 (resized).jpgMando ramp 1 (resized).jpg

#6763 1 year ago

I would put something thin in between the habitrail and the ramp. Maybe small piece of mylar or felt or something similar. Maybe try loosening the screws to habitrail and try to manipulate it when tightened so that there is less upward pressure on bottom of the ramp.

#6764 1 year ago

Hello Mandalorian Club. I have had my brothers premium game at my place for about 4 months. I like the game and want to like it more- as I sincerely like the whole theme. I have noticed a couple of nagging issues with this particular game and wanted to see if anyone else has experience them and if there is a remedy.It seems most of the issues that I experience are all concentrated on the right side.I have found the right ramp to be strangely difficult. I would say that at least half the shots to it are not successful. Most times the ball will jump up and hit the clear plastic ramp cover and roll back down the ramp.I checked to power to both flippers and it was default at 255.I did see where a few players backhand this shot with great success.Any suggestions at what to look at next? The other tough shot is the the right scoop on the Premium. I have made it from both flippers, but a good percentage of the time the shot is not clean enough to complete the scoop and return to the left flipper.Very satisfying went executed.Lastly the 2 spot target multipliers- i get some weird spins coming off the targets from time to time. To the point where i had to examine under the playfield to see if there were any magnet solenoids. Thanks for any constructive pointers. I will try to follow Greef Karga's advice when draining to the outlanes-"Play Better!"

#6765 1 year ago

I bought The Mandalorian Topper and just never installed it. It still sits in the box, unopened. I am on the fence about selling it. If you are interested, send me a message. I am not looking for a profit. Might trade for a project pin. IDK. I just can't bring myself to open it yet.

~ Chase

#6766 1 year ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Hello Mandalorian Club. I have had my brothers premium game at my place for about 4 months. I like the game and want to like it more- as I sincerely like the whole theme. I have noticed a couple of nagging issues with this particular game and wanted to see if anyone else has experience them and if there is a remedy.It seems most of the issues that I experience are all concentrated on the right side.I have found the right ramp to be strangely difficult. I would say that at least half the shots to it are not successful. Most times the ball will jump up and hit the clear plastic ramp cover and roll back down the ramp.I checked to power to both flippers and it was default at 255.I did see where a few players backhand this shot with great success.Any suggestions at what to look at next? The other tough shot is the the right scoop on the Premium. I have made it from both flippers, but a good percentage of the time the shot is not clean enough to complete the scoop and return to the left flipper.Very satisfying went executed.Lastly the 2 spot target multipliers- i get some weird spins coming off the targets from time to time. To the point where i had to examine under the playfield to see if there were any magnet solenoids. Thanks for any constructive pointers. I will try to follow Greef Karga's advice when draining to the outlanes-"Play Better!"

Two easy things you can do (for the right ramp backhanding) are:

1) adjust the right flipper so that is aligned with or maybe just a hair above the alignment dimple, giving you a little more of a “window” for hitting the right ramp shot. See key post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/131#post-7262846

2) For a few bucks you can try replacing the lower star posts on the slings with the skinny style instead of the stock star style. That buys you a little extra clearance when shooting right out of the cradle on the flipper, which makes it a little easier to hit that right ramp. It's a very easy and very reversible change.

Initial post explaining it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/90#post-6824302
Link to where to buy the posts: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/90#post-6824358
Picture comparing the sizes of the different post styles: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/120#post-7188907

#6767 1 year ago

Can someone tell me what feature adjustment #31 does?

Multi ball always enabled ??

Do I want this on off ?

As far as changing slingshot posts highly recommended

I will have to say I changed the Star posts to the pinball life smaller posts and what a difference backhanding!!

#6768 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can someone tell me what feature adjustment #31 does?
Multi ball always enabled ??
Do I want this on off ?
As far as changing slingshot posts highly recommended
I will have to say I changed the Star posts to the pinball life smaller posts and what a difference backhanding!!

It means you don’t have to complete a Hunter in order to progress the next multiball after you complete one.

#6769 1 year ago

Anyone tried precision flippers on Mando yet? I ordered a set of halos today. Love the look.

#6770 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Thanks for documenting this. I found one on Amazon for $12. Since this is my first machine, this gives me confidence in working in around the tight spaces. [quoted image]

That's a great price! Yes, the possibilities are many with this one. One tip is to put some tape on one side of your 5/16 box wrench, so when the lock-nut comes off the screw, it doesn't tumble onto your playfield. Plus it also helps when you're putting them back on.

This is the way...
Tape underneath the box portion keeps the lock-nut held in placeTape underneath the box portion keeps the lock-nut held in place

#6771 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Anyone tried precision flippers on Mando yet? I ordered a set of halos today. Love the look.

Yep, I have them and they are great.

#6772 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Yep, I have them and they are great.

I’m getting a halo set (and bushings) for Mando and Bond. Already have ‘em on JP, AIQ, and GZ. Yeah, you know where this is going… will be standard on all my games.

#6773 1 year ago

I have found a bug and have a question about the topper for Mandalorian.

The bug I found is, according to the podcast, when you sign in with Insider Connected you should see some stats for the user. This works if you sign in with your QR Code, however, if you sign in a home team member it does not show the stats. How can I report this to Stern?

Second, is there any way to adjust the hologram height? Even with the hardware to tilt it up it seems a bit low and for my height 5'9" is cut off during gameplay unless I step back, also note when it initializes the Stern logo is cut off. See Image. I feel if this screren was in frame everything would be OK. Can it be adjusted?

20230106_160105036_iOS (resized).jpg20230106_160105036_iOS (resized).jpg
#6774 1 year ago
Quoted from AweHellYeah:

I have found a bug and have a question about the topper for Mandalorian.
The bug I found is, according to the podcast, when you sign in with Insider Connected you should see some stats for the user. This works if you sign in with your QR Code, however, if you sign in a home team member it does not show the stats. How can I report this to Stern?
Second, is there any way to adjust the hologram height? Even with the hardware to tilt it up it seems a bit low and for my height 5'9" is cut off during gameplay unless I step back, also note when it initializes the Stern logo is cut off. See Image. I feel if this screren was in frame everything would be OK. Can it be adjusted?[quoted image]

Send a nice polite email to [email protected] and (ideally) it will go on a punchlist for the software team to knock out in the next update.

Don't think there's any official method of changing the pitch of the hologram, but maybe you could add some washers or small appliance shims to get a little more tilt on the topper overall. Not sure how feasible it is to disassemble and adjust the tilt of just the LCD/lexan within. I don't have a topper, so these are just unverified thoughts.

I wouldn't worry about the cutoff stern logo since that's really just a diagnostic/bootup screen and not really "hologram content" that is supposed to look nice.

#6775 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Send a nice polite email to [email protected] and (ideally) it will go on a punchlist for the software team to knock out in the next update.
Don't think there's any official method of changing the pitch of the hologram, but maybe you could add some washers or small appliance shims to get a little more tilt on the topper overall. Not sure how feasible it is to disassemble and adjust the tilt of just the LCD/lexan within. I don't have a topper, so these are just unverified thoughts.
I wouldn't worry about the cutoff stern logo since that's really just a diagnostic/bootup screen and not really "hologram content" that is supposed to look nice.

OK. Thank you. I will send them an email.

#6776 1 year ago

I wish they will fix the encounter bugs in coop mode

#6777 1 year ago

Hey guys- just seeing if what I'm encountering is an anomaly or the norm.

Mando premium left inlane wire form breaks off at the spot weld. This is the 2nd premium I have had this happen on. For time being I used 2 small zip ties for field repair.

20230106_233801 (resized).jpg20230106_233801 (resized).jpg
#6778 1 year ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

Mando premium left inlane wire form breaks off at the spot weld. This is the 2nd premium I have had this happen on. For time being I used 2 small zip ties for field repair.
[quoted image]

News to me. Try bringing it to a shop to repair it. 2 second job.

#6779 1 year ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

[quoted image]

No issue on mine and haven’t heard of this issue before.

#6780 1 year ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

[quoted image]

Contact Stern and they'll send you a new wireform

#6781 1 year ago

Broke a Billion this morning. When this game is dialed in, it's so much fun! Talk about nerve wracking. I made it through the first round of precious cargo and finally drained down to one ball. There were 3 or 4 lit green shots and I kept making them but never could seem to finish that mode until I finally drained. Is there a sequence to finishing that mode? Finishing them all with "You have what I want" is going to be really, really tough. That upper PF is difficult.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6782 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Broke a Billion this morning. When this game is dialed in, it's so much fun! Talk about nerve wracking. I made it through the first round of precious cargo and finally drained down to one ball. There were 3 or 4 lit green shots and I kept making them but never could seem to finish that mode until I finally drained. Is there a sequence to finishing that mode? Finishing them all with "You have what I want" is going to be really, really tough. That upper PF is difficult.
[quoted image]

I haven't hit a billion yet, but you're absolutely correct. The game is addictive w/a lot of high pressure moments.

#6783 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

That upper PF is difficult.

That's why I got a pro. I liked the upper playfield better when it isn't tilting

#6784 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

There were 3 or 4 lit green shots and I kept making them but never could seem to finish that mode until I finally drained. Is there a sequence to finishing that mode?

From what I recall stage 2 of Precious Cargo requires you to complete the lit targets on the upper playfield first before you can start making progress on the main playfield shots.

#6785 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

From what I recall stage 2 of Precious Cargo requires you to complete the lit targets on the upper playfield first before you can start making progress on the main playfield shots.

That sounds right after what I just watched from a Deadflip VOD. So close! I wasn't even shooting for that. Good to know.

#6786 1 year ago

Damn you can rack up points in “I Like Those Odds”. 394,000,000

2031EAD4-3032-4978-A1EF-55A375C8E316 (resized).jpeg2031EAD4-3032-4978-A1EF-55A375C8E316 (resized).jpeg
#6787 1 year ago

I hit my high, 890 million this weekend. Wow, that was intense. I was hoping for the billion, but fell short. Had a terrible quick drain on the second to last ball.

#6788 1 year ago

Munsters Pro out, Mando Pro in...and never watched the show.

Interesting shots, for sure. Time to read +6K posts! Kudos to Riefepeters for an excellent pin.

#6789 1 year ago

I've had my Mando Premium for about 6 weeks now and have put ~150 games on it. Factory default settings all the way around, and I hit my Personal Best yesterday. Before that game, I had never completed I LIKE THOSE ODDS or YOU HAVE WHAT I WANT and I completed both in that same game (and was one away from lighting PRECIOUS CARGO). One of these days, I'll get to THIS IS THE WAY.....and I need to figure out how to break 1B. A lot of stuff was happening so fast in that game I couldn't tell how I got Razor Crest shots to give me more than 15M several shots in a row. That game lasted nearly 25 minutes, and that was cutting short/bypassing all of the video modes (except for the ones I hadn't seen before!!!). It was so intense, and to think I did over 400K of that 666K score on just my first ball. The other three (I picked up an extra ball along the way) went rather quickly.

Love this game....my other 7 pins are feeling neglected lately but I can't step playing Mando when I've got time for pinball.

Score PB (resized).jpgScore PB (resized).jpg
#6790 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I've had my Mando Premium for about 6 weeks now and have put ~150 games on it. Factory default settings all the way around, and I hit my Personal Best yesterday. Before that game, I had never completed I LIKE THOSE ODDS or YOU HAVE WHAT I WANT and I completed both in that same game (and was one away from lighting PRECIOUS CARGO). One of these days, I'll get to THIS IS THE WAY.....and I need to figure out how to break 1B. A lot of stuff was happening so fast in that game I couldn't tell how I got Razor Crest shots to give me more than 15M several shots in a row. That game lasted nearly 25 minutes, and that was cutting short/bypassing all of the video modes (except for the ones I hadn't seen before!!!). It was so intense, and to think I did over 400K of that 666K score on just my first ball. The other three (I picked up an extra ball along the way) went rather quickly.
Love this game....my other 7 pins are feeling neglected lately but I can't step playing Mando when I've got time for pinball.[quoted image]

Great score. The immersion on this game is great. When those mini wizards start. It really sucks you into the drama of the moment.

I will say. The game I broke a billion, all the stars aligned. I had some lucky breaks on child awards for beskar and EB . I also took all the multipliers into multiball twice which is huge. I know maybe the jet pack isn't the preferred armory choice but I just love that long ball save on MBs.

#6791 1 year ago

My high score so far is 350 million w my average game being about 80 million; trying to get my average above 100 mill so I get longer ball times;

Any tips for breaking a billion or half a billion? Or for becoming more consistent

#6792 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

My high score so far is 350 million w my average game being about 80 million; trying to get my average above 100 mill so I get longer ball times;
Any tips for breaking a billion or half a billion? Or for becoming more consistent

Extra balls and multipliers. Don’t forget about Hunter. You get a multiplier and a bunch of Beskar so you can buy the light extra ball from the foundry. Also make sure to progress through 2 missions so when you light the third you also light extra ball.

#6793 1 year ago

I've "wasted" a whole lot of games trying to take hunter/scope/boba triangle into a mission with razorcrest ready. IF you can do that, it's magical. Especially with a flame thrower and the rifle or armor from the beskar reward on top.

#6794 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Extra balls and multipliers. Don’t forget about Hunter. You get a multiplier and a bunch of Beskar so you can buy the light extra ball from the foundry. Also make sure to progress through 2 missions so when you light the third you also light extra ball.

Extra Ball lights for me at 2nd mission lit. Pre IC code.

#6795 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Extra Ball lights for me at 2nd mission lit. Pre IC code.

Maybe I changed mine to 3 to make it harder. It is a menu option. Can’t remember the default.

#6796 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Maybe I changed mine to 3 to make it harder. It is a menu option. Can’t remember the default.

Not sure the number but yes it is an option. Also for some version of code it was like 1 default but then changed to 2 if I recall correctly.

#6797 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Not sure the number but yes it is an option. Also for some version of code it was like 1 default but then changed to after 2 if I recall correctly.

#6798 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

The screw with the "dome" top looks like it may hold the upper playfield plastic together. I don't know the technical term for that type of screw.
Not sure abut the others.

Apologies for necroing an old comment but I wanted to say thanks, you were right about this screw. I didn't do a good job inspecting the upper playfield and another one came out and fell into the switch trough below the upper PF. 2 of those screws had come out and a 3rd was loose. I guess that plastic gets a lot of vibrations. Hopefully this helps folks remember to check those screws when your doing your PMs.

#6799 1 year ago

Pretty much normal on any pin.

#6800 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Apologies for necroing an old comment but I wanted to say thanks, you were right about this screw. I didn't do a good job inspecting the upper playfield and another one came out and fell into the switch trough below the upper PF. 2 of those screws had come out and a 3rd was loose. I guess that plastic gets a lot of vibrations. Hopefully this helps folks remember to check those screws when your doing your PMs.

Happy to help and glad you followed up! I had those screws fall out on mine so I figured it would be the same for yours.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 22.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.