Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 157.
#6451 1 year ago

Sharing mine as well.

C914CFDF-79E6-4740-916E-18353084EFD5 (resized).jpegC914CFDF-79E6-4740-916E-18353084EFD5 (resized).jpeg
#6452 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

Thats the worst scenario that I could imagine. Sorry for your loss. This need to be fixed.

agreed. For the msrp. You would think the obvious bugs would have made it thru q/a :-/

#6453 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I never had that specifically happen to me but did remove the upper playfield to change the sleeves and coil stops. I was dreading doing this also but once you do it, it’s not that bad. A few mole connections, remove the upper playfield arm screw from the motor and loosen a bolt on each side of the playfield bracket (you do not need to remove these screws all the way. Just loosen)and your good to go. See attached picture for underside of the playfield if this helps. You may want to go ahead and change the sleeves and the coils stops when you remove it. Felt like I was doing brain surgery cause I was a nervous wreck trying not to scratch or damage anything. Hope you get this issue resolved.

Thank you for this post! I just joined the Mando club last night with a Premium and ~40 or so games into play, both the flippers in the upper playfield died. It was probably no coincidence that it happened about 15 games after I installed a shaker motor.

I was dreading taking the mini-playfield out to examine the flippers but your pix (and the Stern support doc) made it seem pretty straight forward. Got the mini-playfield out and on my bench and there it was....the Gray/Orange wire broken off. And since it daisy-chains to the other flipper, it made sense that both would be dead.

Stripped off a new lead, re-soldered, re-installed the mini-playfield, and we're back in business in less than an hour. I reflowed the solder and checked the strength of the solder jobs on all of the other coil lugs under the mini-playfield while I was there, just as preventative. I would've put new coil stops in but I don't have any on hand at the moment and the family was watching me fix this so they can get back to playing Mando, lol!

IMG_2855 (resized).jpgIMG_2855 (resized).jpgIMG_2856a (resized).jpgIMG_2856a (resized).jpgIMG_2857 (resized).jpgIMG_2857 (resized).jpg
#6454 1 year ago

I have found the some of the stand up targets on the mini-playfield can be out of alignment with each other, making them harder to register.

#6455 1 year ago

Prem Mando here, so I might have an opto sensors out. Games stats and thinks I just hit an ambush. At the U turn I can tap the sensor on the right and it’s intermittent. Never had one of these fail. Anyone else?

#6456 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Prem Mando here, so I might have an opto sensors out. Games stats and thinks I just hit an ambush. At the U turn I can tap the sensor on the right and it’s intermittent. Never had one of these fail. Anyone else?

I’ve not had one on Mando but I have had opto issues/fails before.

However it sounds like yours is working but intermittently as you said, so before you order a new opto receiver/ emitter double and triple check it’s not a bad or loose connection to one of the boards and check the alignment between the two boards hasn’t altered during play, it could even be a loose board that’s moving and breaking the beam.

#6457 1 year ago

Today again a reset in a coop game short before we made it for the first time to this is the way. Man that sucks

#6458 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

A loose wire or screw can cause the opto to flicker. Go into the switch test menu and see if the switch is responding.

#6459 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

A loose wire or screw can cause the opto to flicker. Go into the switch test menu and see if the switch is responding.

Thanks for the follow-up. From the test menu when it works it checks out. The screws are tight but if you lightly tap the sensors, I mean lightly, it’s fails to work off and on. Tapping wires does not change it but the whole sensor does.. grrrrr it’s frustrating at times.

#6460 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Thanks for the follow-up. From the test menu when it works it checks out. The screws are tight but if you lightly tap the sensors, I mean lightly, it’s fails to work off and on. Tapping wires does not change it but the whole sensor does.. grrrrr it’s frustrating at times.

You have a cold solder joint on the opto. Pull it and reflow the pads. It probably only happens on the one side. Transmitters have issues way more than the receivers.

#6461 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

You have a cold solder joint on the opto. Pull it and reflow the pads. It probably only happens on the one side. Transmitters have issues way more than the receivers.

I’ll give that a try today, have not looked but sure these just unplug under the PF.

#6462 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Today again a reset in a coop game short before we made it for the first time to this is the way. Man that sucks

Latest code? I rolled back. Really sucks, especially for topper owners.

#6463 1 year ago

I like what was done to ambush. I think it's the best version yet. I was able to get 180 Mil out of it. But all previous attempts were much less. I think it's good risk/reward. It's worth going for it now. My up/down ramp shot works just fine. I can hit it from either flipper. But I prefer backhanding it. The rules are not hard. Play it few times and it starts to click, the rules are actually really good and fun. I just wanted to give my two cents on that.

Is everyone having the issue with the topper that the beskar meter resets to zero when you turn off the game? Is there a setting I'm missing or something? At this rate I'd have to leave it on for days to get the reward.

#6464 1 year ago

I’ve been noticing a static sound coming from left speaker since code update.

Any ideas if it’s code related or if there is something I should check?

#6465 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Is everyone having the issue with the topper that the beskar meter resets to zero when you turn off the game? Is there a setting I'm missing or something? At this rate I'd have to leave it on for days to get the reward.

Same issue with mine. No setting to change as far as I can tell. Hope Stern fixes it.

#6466 1 year ago

I put in an email to Stern Tech support. Got a reply that they are sending a message to their code guys to asking them what is going on with the Beskar.

#6467 1 year ago

I was a good boy this year…

4C3D9CAB-0C23-4FC2-B7C4-DAF51D951077 (resized).jpeg4C3D9CAB-0C23-4FC2-B7C4-DAF51D951077 (resized).jpegEC4A02F5-756C-4184-82C3-C654BCF30431 (resized).jpegEC4A02F5-756C-4184-82C3-C654BCF30431 (resized).jpeg
#6468 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh heck yeah, bring me a beer I’m going to be busy. Sweet

#6469 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I’ll give that a try today, have not looked but sure these just unplug under the PF.

Ok I tried to fix it but the overall fix was a new opto sensor on the u-turn. Back in business, thanks in Colorado to Game Exchange for having the part!

#6470 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Ok I tried to fix it but the overall fix was a new opto sensor on the u-turn. Back in business, thanks in Colorado to Game Exchange for having the part!

I am having a similar issue with the Ambush mode in regard to the U-Turn, do you have a part number for that sensor that you had replaced?

#6471 1 year ago
Quoted from BSoulMan:

I am having a similar issue with the Ambush mode in regard to the U-Turn, do you have a part number for that sensor that you had replaced?

In the u-turn there are two pieces to the opto and both are different with different numbers. It depends on what side you need. PM me and we can talk it through.

#6472 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I have that same Star Wars topper from TJ Max...lol.

#6473 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have that same Star Wars topper from TJ Max...lol.

Ha ha yup. Amazon. $25
https://www.amazon.com/Paladone-Mountable-Freestanding-Officially-Merchandise/dp/B093Y3W6SD

#6474 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Ha ha yup. Amazon. $25
amazon.com link »

TJ Max was only $10, but you have to have some luck there.

#6475 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

If I bring my wife into a TJ Maxx, I'm not getting out for under $25

#6476 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

A little less than 2000 and looks great.

#6477 1 year ago

Can someone tell me what this part is in the manual? It’s the u-turn plunge diverter to the mini playfield. Welds did not hold up.

Thanks!

2DD3AB32-7420-4B8E-943F-3BAC5B682145 (resized).jpeg2DD3AB32-7420-4B8E-943F-3BAC5B682145 (resized).jpeg97C20482-B52F-4C4C-9EAC-BADEDFFB8BB2 (resized).jpeg97C20482-B52F-4C4C-9EAC-BADEDFFB8BB2 (resized).jpegE1075E54-3D76-4446-B697-172EEF8E377F (resized).jpegE1075E54-3D76-4446-B697-172EEF8E377F (resized).jpeg
#6479 1 year ago

Ok so I am having my first major issue with my Premium. I have no upper left flipper. The switch works in test, there are no tech alerts, the node boards test good, but when the upper left flipper does not work. I have checked the flipper switch spacing, the wires to the coil, and connections, and still no upper left flipper. Any ideas?

#6481 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Going to order one just to have on hand.

Same here. Looks like it has been redesigned.

#6482 1 year ago

Exactly why I want to pick one up. My lucky when mine fails I won’t be able to find one. If not in the future I got one for a Pinsider.

#6483 1 year ago

Has this part been redesigned? I think we have an early run, since we put it on route when it first came out.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Same here. Looks like it has been redesigned.

#6484 1 year ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

Has this part been redesigned? I think we have an early run, since we put it on route when it first came out.

The very 1st Pros had poor/weak welds. Stern added an extra weld or 2 to future runs. The Marco diverter looks like overkill but nothing wrong with that so long as you can't see that massive weld.

#6485 1 year ago

So i let the machine sit for a while. I played a game and the upper left flipper worked about 90%. I did nothing but let it sit. Maybe a bad plunger stop or coil sleeve when it gets hot? It's kinda confusing

#6486 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

So i let the machine sit for a while. I played a game and the upper left flipper worked about 90%. I did nothing but let it sit. Maybe a bad plunger stop or coil sleeve when it gets hot? It's kinda confusing

I suggest rebuilding that flipper.

#6487 1 year ago

Double check the wiring and solder connections. I had a cracked/broken solder connection at the coil that was being held in place well enough that it looked okay at a glance and worked okay some of the time. But as the upper playfield moved it would disconnect and I'd loose the flipper.

#6488 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I suggest rebuilding that flipper.

I was thinking this also.

Double check the wiring and solder connections. I had a cracked/broken solder connection at the coil that was being held in place well enough that it looked okay at a glance and worked okay some of the time. But as the upper playfield moved it would disconnect and I'd loose the flipper.

Sounds just like what mine is doing.

#6489 1 year ago

Yep broken wire on the upper left flipper coil. The wire was broke off the solder joint on the coil. Everything else looks to be good.

#6490 1 year ago

My upper playfield stopped working and lights flickered. Node board 9 is not responding. Works one minute and out the next. I have checked the connections on the board but can’t figure it out. Any thoughts?

#6491 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

My upper playfield stopped working and lights flickered. Node board 9 is not responding. Works one minute and out the next. I have checked the connections on the board but can’t figure it out. Any thoughts?

There’s an intermittent short somewhere most likely. Hard to locate unless you can get the game to tell you where the short is by running the node test.

#6492 1 year ago

Yep broken wire on the upper left flipper coil. The wire was broke off the solder joint on the coil. Everything else looks to be good.

This is the third instance I've heard of this particular problem (broken coil wire) plus my own experience last week (left flipper coil too) makes at least 4. I wonder if it's the same Stern build tech responsible for these....send him back to Solder School, lol!

IMG_2856a (resized).jpgIMG_2856a (resized).jpg
#6493 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

This is the third instance I've heard of this particular problem (broken coil wire) plus my own experience last week (left flipper coil too) makes at least 4. I wonder if it's the same Stern build tech responsible for these....send him back to Solder School, lol![quoted image]

I just fixed a broken wire on my upper playfield left flipper. Went from intermittent to just not working. Fortunately the mini playfield removes easily. Also replaced coil stops and sleeves while it was off the machine. Game had a little over 1000 plays when this happened.

#6494 1 year ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

Can someone tell me what this part is in the manual? It’s the u-turn plunge diverter to the mini playfield. Welds did not hold up.
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just take both pieces to a welder shop and it’ll be fixed with less hassle and far less money than ordering a new one. My local shop did it cheap, better and even shined it up much prettier than Stern.

#6495 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Just take both pieces to a welder shop and it’ll be fixed with less hassle and far less money than ordering a new one. My local shop did it cheap, better and even shined it up much prettier than Stern.

On my first Pro I did this with liquid weld and it held up

#6496 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s an intermittent short somewhere most likely. Hard to locate unless you can get the game to tell you where the short is by running the node test.

Upon startup it says node 9 over current? Also, right side of playfield is unlit.

#6497 1 year ago

OK update. I figured out that the overcurrent is in the white G.I. on the right side of the plate field. After looking at other post on pinside, it looks like I either have a bad bulb or we’ll have to figure out where the socket is doing something funky. I’ll get back to y’all thanks .

#6498 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Upon startup it says node 9 over current? Also, right side of playfield is unlit.

Quoted from hiker2099:

OK update. I figured out that the overcurrent is in the white G.I. on the right side of the plate field. After looking at other post on pinside, it looks like I either have a bad bulb or we’ll have to figure out where the socket is doing something funky. I’ll get back to y’all thanks .

Yes. Remove all the GI from that right side. Add them back one by one until the over current error comes back. Then you’ll know what’s the bad one.

#6499 1 year ago

OK here’s the update. I removed each lightbulb and there were 13 of them. I received them and cleaned off the connectors and made sure they weren’t touching anything and that seemed to have solved it. No errors and played multiple games. It’s fun when it’s simple.

#6500 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

OK here’s the update. I removed each lightbulb and there were 13 of them. I received them and cleaned off the connectors and made sure they weren’t touching anything and that seemed to have solved it. No errors and played multiple games. It’s fun when it’s simple.

This is the way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.