Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 157.
#6151 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Couple things I was wanting to ask the rest of the club about or just mention:
1. Question: Has anyone else tried the “Minimal Use” shaker motor setting? I was wanting to tone down the shaker in my machine but found this setting to be no different than “Maximal Use.” I ended up just disabling my shaker and tbh I think I like having it off more than having it "Maximal Use." Partially because I tend to play later at night (when my son is asleep two floors above) and I'd rather hear the game than the rattling, but also because I think the shaker is a little too intense. I was gonna submit this as a "bug" to Stern but wanted to check with the club real quick.
2. Question: Does anyone have a strong opinion *in favor of* the Upper Playfield flipper(s) (pro or premium) being enabled during normal play? I feel like this should be an adjustment that can be set to the owner's preference. Beyond putting unnecessary miles on the upper flippers, having them enabled also generates a lot more machine noise. I'd love to be able to turn that off to quiet the machine down a little bit. Was going to suggest/request this in my bug report email to Stern, but wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in thinking this.
3. Comment: I put some "Precision Flip" flippers (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/23#post-7207078) on my Mando last night and had some of my best games right after. Can't really prove that they were the reason for the improvement, but there's a whole thread of people with similar experiences to mine (feeling like shot consistency/repeatability improved). I'd recommend giving these a shot if you're interested. They also look pretty awesome, which doesn't hurt.[quoted image]

Shaker is too much for me as well. It is done well on many other stern games but ruins the experience for me on Mando which is sad. If done right the game would be awesome with a shaker. I even offset one of the shaker weights 90 degrees and it was still too intense compared to all my other games with shakers. I think our best hope is a software fix. Xaqery - Can I have an “I’m a delicate flower” shaker setting that takes it down a few notches?

#6152 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Shaker is too much for me as well. It is done well on many other stern games but ruins the experience for me on Mando which is sad. If done right the game would be awesome with a shaker. I even offset one of the shaker weights 90 degrees and it was still too intense compared to all my other games with shakers. I think our best hope is a software fix. Xaqery - Can I have an “I’m a delicate flower” shaker setting that takes it down a few notches?

I had the same experience with the shaker and had to remove it.

#6153 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

1. Question: Has anyone else tried the “Minimal Use” shaker motor setting? I was wanting to tone down the shaker in my machine but found this setting to be no different than “Maximal Use.” I ended up just disabling my shaker and tbh I think I like having it off more than having it "Maximal Use." Partially because I tend to play later at night (when my son is asleep two floors above) and I'd rather hear the game than the rattling, but also because I think the shaker is a little too intense. I was gonna submit this as a "bug" to Stern but wanted to check with the club real quick.

I took the shaker out as well - was a distraction - much better in GZ

#6154 1 year ago

I have found that the Stern shaker motor is too much no matter how it is set. The shaker offered from Pinball Life is less intense and works well.

#6155 1 year ago

GI on left side while standing in Player position sometimes not on. Feel noobish asking buy I’ve never had a prob with newer Stern GI so i figured I’d ask for help here

#6156 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

2. Question: Does anyone have a strong opinion *in favor of* the Upper Playfield flipper(s) (pro or premium) being enabled during normal play? I feel like this should be an adjustment that can be set to the owner's preference. Beyond putting unnecessary miles on the upper flippers, having them enabled also generates a lot more machine noise. I'd love to be able to turn that off to quiet the machine down a little bit. Was going to suggest/request this in my bug report email to Stern, but wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in thinking this.
3. Comment: I put some "Precision Flip" flippers (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/23#post-7207078) on my Mando last night and had some of my best games right after. Can't really prove that they were the reason for the improvement, but there's a whole thread of people with similar experiences to mine (feeling like shot consistency/repeatability improved). I'd recommend giving these a shot if you're interested. They also look pretty awesome, which doesn't hurt.[quoted image]

I put them on all of my Pins. I absolutley love those flippers.

#6157 1 year ago

i have enough saved up to spurge on two pins . star wars is for sure but is the mandalorian similar as far as playing excitement ? i have not played mando before so it will be a blind buy but it looks great on you tube .

#6158 1 year ago
Quoted from barroncaliber:

i have enough saved up to spurge on two pins . star wars is for sure but is the mandalorian similar as far as playing excitement ? i have not played mando before so it will be a blind buy but it looks great on you tube .

I love it! This game should be in top 10!

#6159 1 year ago

Really suggest you go play it for an hour somewhere to make sure you like it before you buy one. It has some really great moments, lighting, and sound in it.

I'm a pretty average player, so for me it's also a difficult game and a bit of a punisher. It challenges and frustrates me, and a really good game is a bit more of a rarity. As a result when I *do* have a good game, it feels amazing. The payoff of hitting a mini wizard mode or getting a super jackpot is just that much better as a result.

In my collection I have a Mando Premium (shorter ball times, tougher, less approachable), Deadpool Premium (moderate ball times, average difficulty, easy approachability) and Batman 66 Premium (long ball times, easy difficulty, easy approachability). I like having that variety of ball time/difficulty/approachability.

I think if I owned just a Star Wars and a Mandalorian, I might find myself wanting an easier or more flowy game. Sometimes you just want to have fun on a machine and not fight it. Anyway-- just my opinion! Plenty of locations for you to play near Seattle, so go try some out before you commit!

EDIT: I see now that you currently have a GNR and Godzilla, so maybe these would be perfect complements to your more flowy/approachable games.

#6160 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

[quoted image]

A resounding YES! Since there is an entrance opto, until its triggered why oh why should the upper flippers engage and increase wear and tear on the upper pf, along with increasing sound issues??? Makes no sense. In full support of an option to allow user to adjust to either on all the time or on when there’s an actual ball up there. Let’s all request this. (Not to mention coil dust needlessly falling all over from those unused flippers.)

Shaker motor is an easy fix. Take cover off and adjust one arm either 90 degree for medium shake or 180 degree for very mild shake.

#6161 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Really suggest you go play it for an hour somewhere to make sure you like it before you buy one. It has some really great moments, lighting, and sound in it.
I'm a pretty average player, so for me it's also a difficult game and a bit of a punisher. It challenges and frustrates me, and a really good game is a bit more of a rarity. As a result when I *do* have a good game, it feels amazing. The payoff of hitting a mini wizard mode or getting a super jackpot is just that much better as a result.
In my collection I have a Mando Premium (shorter ball times, tougher, less approachable), Deadpool Premium (moderate ball times, average difficulty, easy approachability) and Batman 66 Premium (long ball times, easy difficulty, easy approachability). I like having that variety of ball time/difficulty/approachability.
I think if I owned just a Star Wars and a Mandalorian, I might find myself wanting an easier or more flowy game. Sometimes you just want to have fun on a machine and not fight it. Anyway-- just my opinion! Plenty of locations for you to play near Seattle, so go try some out before you commit!
EDIT: I see now that you currently have a GNR and Godzilla, so maybe these would be perfect complements to your more flowy/approachable games.

I also have rush so i just added it to my profile collection . lol thanks ! i have time to go play mando tonite . great advice what was i thinking !

#6162 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

GI on left side while standing in Player position sometimes not on. Feel noobish asking buy I’ve never had a prob with newer Stern GI so i figured I’d ask for help here

I had a lot of bad bulbs in my mando, I had to replace them all. They would flicker on flipper actuations.

#6163 1 year ago

I’m Brand new to pinball and recently just impulse bought a mando pro and absolutely loved it although my avg score is around 50 million it gives me great joy and a challenge to play ;

When I first got this game I thought it was easy ; now after A few hundred plays I feel it is brutally Difficult yet enjoyable…

The game is just so unforgiving for missed shots they rebound back so quickly !!
;

Here’s the mods I have ready to be installed ;

-Scoop illumination
-back ramps illumination
-diverter illumination
-grogu flasher
-upper playfield flasher
-wizard mods side art

#6164 1 year ago

I have a Star Wars Pro and Mando Pro. Both games can be tough but it feels great to put up a high score on both! No brainer for a fan of SW and pinball. They look great next to each other!

20220804_202931 (resized).jpg20220804_202931 (resized).jpg
#6165 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I have a Star Wars Pro and Mando Pro. Both games can be tough but it feels great to put up a high score on both! No brainer for a fan of SW and pinball. They look great next to each other! [quoted image]

I spent some time over the weekend out in Madeira Beach Florida playing a SW Pro in a brewery. I think SW is more forgiving than Mando IMO as my $2 into the machine lasted me the better part of an hour with extra balls and replays (I don't think that machine gets played much).

They do look great together and play very differently, so if you are a Star Wars fan they make a great combination. I'm personally mulling over selling my Deadpool pro towards picking up a SW premium

#6166 1 year ago

I also have a SW and a Mando. Both premium. I would describe SW has having long shots and quick with the returns. All the shots on Mando are close range. One is very different from the other. I think they go great together.

#6167 1 year ago

Hi All
Is there a way to control the Grogu magnet. When the ball lands on the magnet, it goes crazy etc. I thought I read somewhere you can control the magnet via the flippers??
Thanks

#6168 1 year ago

Ordered the topper and was told I should see it possibly within 30 days. I'm going to have a line outside my house when I arrive with it. Last time that happened was when we brought home Rick and Morty from Wisconsin.

#6169 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Is there a way to control the Grogu magnet. When the ball lands on the magnet, it goes crazy etc. I thought I read somewhere you can control the magnet via the flippers??
Thanks

Nope. There are adjustments in the system menus to change magnet pulse timings if you want to spend an afternoon tweaking that, but no way to control the magnet with the flipper buttons.

Guess it might be possible to do an aftermarket mod for that, but don’t really see it being worthwhile since it doesn’t impact the gameplay much.

#6170 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Thanks

There are two post on the top and bottom of the D in "CHILD". I have flirted with the idea of putting a rubber here because over 1/2 the time the ball roles over to D and you are awarded little points. I might suggest you try this and see how you like it.

#6171 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Thanks

That would be a great feature to tie in with the shaker, being able to influence control over the oscillation of the Grogu force. Would definitely add appeal to that area of the game.

#6172 1 year ago

I also have rush so i just added it to my profile collection . lol thanks ! i have time to go play mando tonite . great advice what was i thinking !

I have a Mando, Rush and Godzilla. It's an awesome trio. However, Mando is a difficult game and lower in the rankings. I worry it will be tougher to unload when the time comes.

IMG_20220801_120259233_HDR.jpgIMG_20220801_120259233_HDR.jpgIMG_20221011_102723718.jpgIMG_20221011_102723718.jpg

#6173 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I have a Mando, Rush and Godzilla. It's an awesome trio. However, Mando is a difficult game and lower in the rankings. I worry it will be tougher to unload when the time comes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hard to say. It is a tough game, but I think once Season 3 of The Mandalorian series comes out it will gain back it's popularity. Plus, SW items always stay tough in the pop culture crowd.

#6174 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

There are two post on the top and bottom of the D in "CHILD". I have flirted with the idea of putting a rubber here because over 1/2 the time the ball roles over to D and you are awarded little points. I might suggest you try this and see how you like it.

Quoted from JStoltz:

Nope. There are adjustments in the system menus to change magnet pulse timings if you want to spend an afternoon tweaking that, but no way to control the magnet with the flipper buttons.
Guess it might be possible to do an aftermarket mod for that, but don’t really see it being worthwhile since it doesn’t impact the gameplay much.

Half the time (most actually) my magnet ends up throwing the ball out and it just comes down the middle. Maybe I will try to tweak so the magnet is not so fierce .
Thanks

#6175 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Half the time (most actually) my magnet ends up throwing the ball out and it just comes down the middle. Maybe I will try to tweak so the magnet is not so fierce .
Thanks

Gotcha. I don't know/remember 100%, but when people were first bringing up this concern I think Stern spent some time trying to adjust the magnet timing for it. With it being a magnet and by nature pretty unpredictable/varied from machine to machine or game to game, I think they realized it was a tough nut to crack. There was an update where I think they did tweak the default timing a little but, but a subsequent update basically admitted defeat, added some adjustments for the pulse times, and punted that "tuning" to the machine owners.

I could see the tuning of that magnet being difficult to get right for all machines. You want the randomness for the mystery award, but you also don't want it so crazy that it shoots it SDTM. I've not spent any time trying to set mine up any different from factory, but I also don't tend to get SDTM drains like others do from the feature. I'd probably be more bullish on the adjustment editing if I was having the same issue, though!

#6176 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I have a Star Wars Pro and Mando Pro. Both games can be tough but it feels great to put up a high score on both! No brainer for a fan of SW and pinball. They look great next to each other! [quoted image]

thanks man . love your star wars corner !

#6177 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome images ! but maybe never plan to sell so no more worry ?

#6178 1 year ago
Quoted from joecitizen:

That would be a great feature to tie in with the shaker, being able to influence control over the oscillation of the Grogu force. Would definitely add appeal to that area of the game.

I thought I was missing out on a great feature all this time .

#6179 1 year ago

Awesome images ! but maybe never plan to sell so no more worry ?

One thing I know about myself is that all games leave, it's just a question of how long they stay. I love pinball and I want to own every game out there, including every project that won't boot and every cabinet that is falling apart. The affinity for bringing games back from the dead usually leaves me out of space and out of cash.

However, Mando is a great game and I don't see myself cutting it loose any time soon. Selling it is a future me problem.
IMG_20221027_113311863_HDR.jpgIMG_20221027_113311863_HDR.jpg

#6180 1 year ago

For those that were wanting that right ramp fix that I discussed a few pages back, I put a couple up for sale in my shop. It's nothing glamorous or great, but when the option is not being able to play vs being able to play, could be a stopgap or fix for a machine. I know that when mine was broken I gladly would have paid a lot of money to not have to come up with this solution, lol, so maybe my cheap fix will help someone out.

#6181 1 year ago

Anybody more technically advanced than me (this is a low bar).

Lucky enough LE owner after happening to see one become available on my local distributors site last year. After a year of plays, my first real problem. The ball catch for the upper playfield no longer springs up and down and during play just stays up. Ball does not register in playfield and just falls through. Do I need to replace the electronic spring loaded mechanism?

Mando (resized).jpgMando (resized).jpg
#6182 1 year ago

Wait there’s more. The back metal rounded guide at top of ramp is loose and swivels back and forth. Can Anybody with a machine tell me how there is secured in place. On the right bottom of piece there is a long metal spike that goes through a hole on the metal floor of ramp, mine now has nothing securing it so it flips around.

378FDD00-5120-44F6-8154-A379CCE7B572 (resized).jpeg378FDD00-5120-44F6-8154-A379CCE7B572 (resized).jpeg
#6183 1 year ago
Quoted from surebeam:

Wait there’s more. The back metal rounded guide at top of ramp is loose and swivels back and forth. Can Anybody with a machine tell me how there is secured in place. On the right bottom of piece there is a long metal spike that goes through a hole on the metal floor of ramp, mine now has nothing securing it so it flips around.
[quoted image]

This part is broken on your machine : https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-2392-00

For the coil, have you checked the plug connectivity under the playfield?

#6184 1 year ago

From Dwight on TiltForums, about an exploit in Encounters mode and the next game code release:

"The fix will be in the next release which is imminent"

"The next release features the topper and some slightly new rules for Ambush plus a few other bug fixes and tweaks."

#6185 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

This part is broken on your machine : https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-2392-00
For the coil, have you checked the plug connectivity under the playfield?

The part is intact but just loose in how it attaches. Any idea if it is soldered to anything? How does that long metal spike secure once the part is in place

#6186 1 year ago

Is anyone able to consistently backhand the left or right ramp shot ? Got any tips for a newer player ?

I keep trying to backhand the right ramp or left ramp shot and it rarely is able to get there …

Thank you so much .

#6187 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Is anyone able to consistently backhand the left or right ramp shot ? Got any tips for a newer player ?
I keep trying to backhand the right ramp or left ramp shot and it rarely is able to get there …
Thank you so much .

Begin reading at page 120 to read our extensive discussion on the right ramp issue and fix.

#6188 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

From Dwight on TiltForums, about an exploit in Encounters mode and the next game code release:
"The fix will be in the next release which is imminent"
"The next release features the topper and some slightly new rules for Ambush plus a few other bug fixes and tweaks."

bonne nouvelle

#6189 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you so much .

if its not "physical" (as said above to set up your pin), than just train again & again, simply because you have to master these 2 shoots in reverse (mainly the right ramp), else you'll get much more drains...

#6190 1 year ago
Quoted from surebeam:

The part is intact but just loose in how it attaches. Any idea if it is soldered to anything? How does that long metal spike secure once the part is in place

You should see those 3/4 weld spots on your diverter, those welds have broken. That is a common failure in early builds and stern should replace that for you.

#6191 1 year ago

I recently got the stern mando art blades but have not yet installed them. I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to take out the playfield to install but due to height of the right ramp, I may not have a choice. Anyone else successfully installed art blades without removing the playfield? If so, any tips or tricks?

#6192 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikew492:

I recently got the stern mando art blades but have not yet installed them. I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to take out the playfield to install but due to height of the right ramp, I may not have a choice. Anyone else successfully installed art blades without removing the playfield? If so, any tips or tricks?

I installed them without taking the playfield out just spray the back side with a mix of water and drop of dish soap. Get someone to help hold and move playfied around a bit while you position it.

#6193 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikew492:

You don't have to - using a wet method helps.

But taking the Playfield out is way easier than you might think and makes putting on artblades really easy too. Literally just take the balls out, put PF up in upright position and pickup.. or use two people to pickup if you fret.. and lead it against something setting it down on the apron/pegs because Mando has stuff coming out the backboard. Literally the hardest part is just deciding where/how to lean it up. Getting it in and out is easy.

#6194 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't have to - using a wet method helps.
But taking the Playfield out is way easier than you might think and makes putting on artblades really easy too. Literally just take the balls out, put PF up in upright position and pickup.. or use two people to pickup if you fret.. and lead it against something setting it down on the apron/pegs because Mando has stuff coming out the backboard. Literally the hardest part is just deciding where/how to lean it up. Getting it in and out is easy.

You might want to disconnect the wiring harness too before you try to pull it out Here is a good video of how to remove a playfield on a spike 2 for anyone of you who haven't done it.

I like to remove the playfield and use the dry method and employ a few cheep plastic harbor freight spring clamps to hold it perfectly in position. I undo a clamp, start peeling the backing, then keep shuffling the clamps as I move along.
9a5d658f33f2a3b0d3dde9d558f550e6b061f390 (resized).jpg9a5d658f33f2a3b0d3dde9d558f550e6b061f390 (resized).jpg
I like the official stern art blades. You can unstick them and reposition them a few times if you need to. The material is great.

#6195 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

You might want to disconnect the wiring harness too before you try to pull it out Here is a good video of how to remove a playfield on a spike 2 for anyone of you who haven't done it.
I like to remove the playfield and use the dry method and employ a few cheep plastic harbor freight spring clamps to hold it perfectly in position. I undo a clamp, start peeling the backing, then keep shuffling the clamps as I move along.
[quoted image]
I like the official stern art blades. You can unstick them and reposition them a few times if you need to. The material is great.

Thanks all! These are some great tips!

#6196 1 year ago

I’ve never used any method except sliding it down the side. The trick is tapping it in two or three places and adjusting it until you’re happy and then applying the pressure across evenly. Sterns Art blades are really versatile. I have had to pull them and put them back on several times and never had a problem with them not sticking. So don’t be nervous just go for it

#6197 1 year ago

I use the wet method w/ windex on the decal.

#6198 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

You might want to disconnect the wiring harness too before you try to pull it out

The looms are usually long enough to place the PF near the cabinet without disconnecting them.

#6199 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The looms are usually long enough to place the PF near the cabinet without disconnecting them.

I just unclip the 3 connectors to keep them out of the way. I hate trying to maneuver the playfield in the air any more than needed since I am always doing this by myself

#6200 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

You should see those 3/4 weld spots on your diverter, those welds have broken. That is a common failure in early builds and stern should replace that for you.

Thank you. I will call them next

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/124?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.