IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 156.
#6001 1 year ago

Thank you Stern!

IMG_20221015_134127806_HDR.jpgIMG_20221015_134127806_HDR.jpg
#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

What does it do?

It helps prevent the rejects that are frequent from the right ramp, takes the flex out of the plastic. My prior post linked above had some interest from others so I'm trying to move this forward for the benefit of the community.

Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]
The solution to the problem is just having another piece of lexan cut to replace any factory piece that breaks. That doesn't obscure anything and is a good solution. Your print blocks everything and makes a big hood in the center of the game that could not be unseen.
Just sell a piece of plastic if people don't want to make their own or can't rivet.

I was personally frustrated with the the rejects, I should have stated that here since the prior discussion was awhile back. It does give the added benefit of protecting the plastic, but that's not the main objective. Some would argue if you're watching the ball go through the ramp you're not watching the right things anyway, but to each their own. I am considering other alternate solutions that would be a better visual as well as prevent the rejects and reinforce the plastic, but this is where the project stands for now.

#6003 1 year ago

Would any owners be interested in a pair of cast, dual chromed so think Beskar pattern, pop bumper caps to replace the shitty looking factory ones?

For reference use the quality and finish of Hookeds stuff, like the caps he did for Deadpool and Ironman plus a handful of other games.

#6004 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would any owners be interested in a pair of cast, dual chromed so think Beskar pattern, pop bumper caps to replace the shitty looking factory ones?
For reference use the quality and finish of Hookeds stuff, like the caps he did for Deadpool and Ironman plus a handful of other games.

100% interest!

Edit: a little post bath-time silverball for the little man tonight. I find it hilarious that he got the skill shot from the auto-plunge. Also hilarious that the display says “The Child is Lit” in the picture, haha.

1B8DD196-5F2A-4BC7-AADE-FEEE6A45DFAA (resized).jpeg1B8DD196-5F2A-4BC7-AADE-FEEE6A45DFAA (resized).jpeg
#6005 1 year ago

Took a stab at some apron cards for Mando Prem. Also putting in a picture of my home made topper. Took into account the colors and back glass, check it out.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6006 1 year ago

Great news, Dwight & Co. are actively working on an update for Mando along with bug fixes and are aware of the flamethrower achievement glitch.

#6007 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sounds good to me.

#6008 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great news, Dwight & Co. are actively working on an update for Mando along with bug fixes and are aware of the flamethrower achievement glitch.

Excited to see what else they may add or come up with. Mando code is getting better all the time! Thanks Dwight and team!

#6009 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where/when was this announced?

#6010 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

Where/when was this announced?

Privately between myself and a member of Stern team, saying they are working on it gives nothing private away other than sharing the good news.

#6011 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Privately between myself and a member of Stern team, saying they are working on it gives nothing private away other than sharing the good news.

Can you ask if Mr. Sullivan has one final SW update in him? For bugs if nothing else?

#6012 1 year ago

Highly recommend cliffy protection on the left ramp. As has been said before in this forum. The Stern factory cliffy is not sufficient. My cliffy’s came in and I was shocked to find a crack in the plastic hidden under the factory protector. The cliffy is twice as long and a bit thicker. Some epoxy and cliffy later and the ramp shot is smoother than ever. I was getting rejects because of the rattle where the plastic cracked.

#6013 1 year ago

Finally just focused on encounters and started the mini wizard mode. Holy Shit! The flipper held my ball for the cut scene. And then it did it again cradling two balls. I’ve never seen a game do this before. That was very cool. And a great mode. Almost made it.

#6014 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Highly recommend cliffy protection on the left ramp. As has been said before in this forum. The Stern factory cliffy is not sufficient. My cliffy’s came in and I was shocked to find a crack in the plastic hidden under the factory protector. The cliffy is twice as long and a bit thicker. Some epoxy and cliffy later and the ramp shot is smoother than ever. I was getting rejects because of the rattle where the plastic cracked.

I feel like the cliffys also helps improve the consistency of the shot and reduce rejects, but that might just be my imagination at work

#6015 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I think that is a design flaw - the left ramp will break after a while on any machine.
I assume it is cost prohibitive for Stern to make new protectors and throw the protectors that they have already in stock / on order away especially considering the cost for development and testing cycle of a new part.
Rather unfortunate, but they did send a replacement ramp fairly quick.

#6016 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I think that is a design flaw

I think the same. I'm not fast calling some issues design flaw, but in that case... Without the Cliffy it is just unstable, weak, will break for sure. Anyhow, put Cliffys in there and you are ready to go

#6017 1 year ago

From Jack's stream Gomez says the topper is done and approved already. Just trying to find time to put it into production. I really want to see it!

#6018 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

From Jack's stream Gomez says the topper is done and approved already. Just trying to find time to put it into production. I really want to see it!

Was that in the bond stream I must have missed that.

#6019 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I did the same with a 3D printed version, helps with rejects a ton! Gave up on the speeder bike idea but the prototype looked cool just couldn’t keep the bikes in place for location play.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I too had the same plastic snap happen to me tonight, if not exactly, in the same curvature as @taylor34. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/118#post-7142772)
I was thinking of just replacing it like for like, but I wouldn't mind trying out the 3d printable version. It would be my first venture into the 3d printing space.
Any links for your 3d model print file PinballHaven ?

Without something covering the right ramp, surely the balls will prefer to fly like X-Wings off to the upper playfield than swing around the ramp.

Cheers,
Glen

#6020 1 year ago

Nice!

#6022 1 year ago

It looks sweet, is 2 Grand the actual asking price?

#6023 1 year ago

Ooof. That’s a new record surely.

#6024 1 year ago

I was like YES YES YES an amazing topper, wait… does that say $1,999. Dang it that prices me out. That’s like 1/3 of a great used pin. Hope we can see it in action at the expo.

#6025 1 year ago

If so, 2 g’s is like what, 25% cost of the whole machine? Wowza.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6026 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

MSRP at least so yes and maybe no as you might could get it for slightly less, maybe.

#6027 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

If so, 2 g’s is like what, 25% cost of the whole machine? Wowza.

Well, looks like I'll need to sell Mando in order to buy the topper.

EoNxTMhVoAINuE9 (resized).jpgEoNxTMhVoAINuE9 (resized).jpg

#6028 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Yea, and they seem to try to justify it cause it's locking new game modes that work with it

#6029 1 year ago
Quoted from gentrsa:

MSRP at least so yes and maybe no as you might could get it for slightly less, maybe.

I'll stick with the one I have, would love to have one but the kids need braces so...

IMG_20220522_200953324~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220522_200953324~2 (resized).jpg
#6030 1 year ago

Where are people seeing the price? I wonder how it looks not powered on.

#6031 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Where are people seeing the price? I wonder how it looks not powered on.

Like a $2,000 piece of plastic.

#6033 1 year ago

Topper looks awesome, Can't wait to get one installed.

#6034 1 year ago

Using the new Hallmark Mandalorian ornaments as a 'mod' is more in my price range. $2k for a topper seems excessive to me.

new mandalorian ornament (resized).pngnew mandalorian ornament (resized).png
#6035 1 year ago

$2,000?

Wow… not surprised though.

#6036 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'll stick with the one I have, would love to have one but the kids need braces so...
[quoted image]

Seriously! LOL. Braces for the kids are a topper for your pinball machine. Things have just gotten stupid.

#6038 1 year ago

So what are the game modes associated with it? I was pretty excited for the topper and expected it to be a hologram, but the video did a poor job demonstrating any features beyond projecting mostly static 3D images and it killed my enthusiasm, even before I saw the price.

I was really hoping for something more dynamic, like character holograms talking to the player, not just “here’s a cool 3D render of a TIE fighter, here’s a cool 3D render of a spider that kind of moves.”

My wife’s response to the video was “so it’s another display that displays the same stuff as the other display but it looks different.”

#6039 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

My wife’s response to the video was “so it’s another display that displays the same stuff as the other display but it looks different.”

old-school-no-response.gifold-school-no-response.gif
#6040 1 year ago

Has anyone seen it available to buy? Says it's open to insiders now - couldnt see it in the shopping thing logged into insider.

(No that I will buy one at $2k)

#6041 1 year ago

Looks really cool. Can't and won't spend $2,000 on it, either.
Would be nice if Stern would release the gatekept modes (maybe in year or so?), whether you had the topper or not.

Reminds me of another thing Gomez said in the stream (about home leaderboards and how those might impact operators), paraphrased: "We're trying to make sure we do things the right way and keep everyone happy." This kind of stuff is really frustrating as a home buyer.

Edit: I wonder; could one theoretically get ahold of the type of node board used in the topper, hook it in, and access the gatekept content? Also wonder if that would re-enable the second HDMI output on the CPU board. A few hundred bucks for a lo-fi stand-in sounds heaps better than $2000.

#6042 1 year ago

Wow, 2K -- That is too much

#6043 1 year ago

Looks great, really cool accessory, happy that some of you will have this on your pin.
Doesn't make me want to ever own Mando again.
And at 2k there would be no way I'd be purchasing.

#6044 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I was like YES YES YES an amazing topper, wait… does that say $1,999. Dang it that prices me out. That’s like 1/3 of a great used pin. Hope we can see it in action at the expo.

That was pretty much my reaction as well, lol. Looks fantastic but out of my price range as well.

#6045 1 year ago

I think I might be done with Stern as a company, 2k just feels like they are simply taking the piss out of their loyal customers now. Recent price increases where big enough now toppers just went from $700 to 2k!? Totally understand a business is out to make money but talk about bleeding your customers dry.

#6046 1 year ago

Looks great. not gonna spend 2k on a topper. extra game modes kind of make me upset but oh well. Happy for those who can afford it.

#6047 1 year ago

This reminds of the scene in “Used Cars” That price is too F#%&ing HIGH! Ha ha. I’m out.

#6048 1 year ago

It appears the topper color scheme is matched closest to the LE.

#6049 1 year ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Looks great. not gonna spend 2k on a topper. extra game modes kind of make me upset but oh well. Happy for those who can afford it.

Previous topper modes eventually came to all IC users

#6050 1 year ago

Mando Topper

Looks like those HDMI out videos where as everyone predicted. It's hilarious that they removed them from the firmware after they were discovered.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spike-2-hdmi-otput#post-6753512

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Goodrich, MI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/121?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.