Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 157.
#5401 1 year ago

I think folks are having remorse on some pins. The market is flooded with pins currently in my area.

#5402 1 year ago
Quoted from huo:

Ive been having issues selling my mando prem. I think its a fun game and it seems like others do too. Is the demand in general down or just this game?

For MI area you might be priced a couple hundred high. I'm west coast where prices are generally inflated and have one with 21 plays for $7500.

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For MI area you might be priced a couple hundred high. I'm west coast where prices are generally inflated and have one with 21 plays for $7500.

Damn that's a $1300-$1500 loss...I'd hold onto it for awhile. Maybe wait for the next price increase.

#5404 1 year ago

There is a glut of them in inventory right now which is holding the price down. If you can hold out for the next season of Mando they'll climb in popularity again, especially if there is a code update

#5405 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Damn that's a $1300-$1500 loss...I'd hold onto for awhile. Maybe wait for the next price increase.

If you can hold, that's a good idea. I bring pins in (often/usually NIB), do the mods and testing and move them out, so sometimes I take a loss just to keep things moving. I can't let them pile up because new pins are always coming. Upside is buying at $7500, you're pretty much going to have a free rental or make a little if you sell it in a year.

#5406 1 year ago

Man I really enjoy playing this game. Spent a couple hours on it last night doing a bit of streaming on Twitch which I also enjoy quite a bit! I managed to clear the "Destroy the Imperial Base" mission on 5 consecutive shots (if you watch the clip, it's quite a surprise that I got them all in order! The shots definitely feel rewarding. I just need to get my game and voice audio on the stream working a little better....

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProductiveCautiousAlpacaChocolateRain-BE6rUlog9IBDp4vW

#5407 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I think folks are having remorse on some pins. The market is flooded with pins currently in my area.

The economy is slowing down. Inflation is still out of control. Rising interest rates and free falling stock valuations are all factors in how fast games sell. Pinflation has been huge the last two years and we are seeing that in the msrp increases at stern. At some point we need to see demand decrease if we want prices to stabilize.

#5408 1 year ago
Quoted from njenabnit:

Man I really enjoy playing this game. Spent a couple hours on it last night doing a bit of streaming on Twitch which I also enjoy quite a bit! I managed to clear the "Destroy the Imperial Base" mission on 5 consecutive shots (if you watch the clip, it's quite a surprise that I got them all in order! The shots definitely feel rewarding. I just need to get my game and voice audio on the stream working a little better....
https://clips.twitch.tv/ProductiveCautiousAlpacaChocolateRain-BE6rUlog9IBDp4vW

perfect combo !

and while i'm here, a gameplay ask (for evbd) : what the main purpose of the 2 fixed targets left & right of the ramp ? is it only to set that ramp shot on X2 value !?

tanx

#5409 1 year ago

Some Mandalorian topper news at San Diego Comic Con next week? I'm hoping for it.

Screenshot_20220715-121233 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220715-121233 (resized).png
#5410 1 year ago

I have just added a coin validator to my mando pin. Needless to say it is overpriced and just a detail, but in my opinion it’s a detail you shouldn`t miss!

Now replay, special and match finally make sense. Who would have guessed making the most of just one buck is a fun on its own?

My game has already earned its first 5 bucks. So proud of my boy! The family's piggy bank has moved to the basement now...

IMG_20220715_223436 (resized).jpgIMG_20220715_223436 (resized).jpg
#5411 1 year ago

I have a new, unpopulated, Mando Pro playfield listed in the market. Figured I’d mention it here as owners of the machine might have the most need for it

#5412 1 year ago

Has anyone had an issue where the grogu magnet fires to catch the ball, but no longer knocks it around.

#5413 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone had an issue where the grogu magnet fires to catch the ball, but no longer knocks it around.

it seems we have the same problem! =>

I went to a friend's house to install a grogu mod in his mando LE.

He bought the game at the beginning of the year (NIB) and has less than 10 plays.

His job takes him a lot of time and he plays very little.

I realized that the C H I L D magnet is not working properly.

When the lane insert is on, the ball is captured, then released but the ZIGZAG effect does not occur.

I don't understand how this is possible, the magnet works well but the sequence is incomplete.

We looked in all the settings if there was not a function to deactivate this effect, we did not find anything on this subject.

The game was in 0.97, maybe an update will fix this problem.

Same problem with version 1.2.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem?

The game is under warranty but before looking like fools from the dealer , I ask the question.

Thanks in advance

#5414 1 year ago

on my machine magnet catches the ball, then drops it down the middle lane (I- letter). My expectation was the magnet would swirl the ball before dropping, but no, doesn't happen. Game code is V1.20.0.

#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

on my machine magnet catches the ball, then drops it down the middle lane (I- letter). My expectation was the magnet would swirl the ball before dropping, but no, doesn't happen. Game code is V1.20.0.

Yeah, mine used to fire to grab the ball and then shake it around violently. Recently it just gave up on the second part which is no fun. I don’t know how to fix it .

#5416 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

My expectation was the magnet would swirl the ball before dropping,

yes, that's what it should do

#5417 1 year ago

my guess was the swirl feature got lost somewhere in between game code updates. the first game code I do know, is 1.02, readme file says something about having tinkered with magnet pulses, maybe we should try different pulse lenghts for first and 2nd+ pulses?

#5418 1 year ago

ok, pin is 7 days home, than wanna know more about THIS IS THE WAY, did a "wizard" search on this topic...
for what i see, none of pinsiders have gone there since the 1.20 !? and only few (in fact 1) before

hard to share gameplay tactics than

to me, the prob is to advance ENCOUNTERS (PRO model), as the modes are feeling quite easy, and than RAZOR CREST alone (!) is also makable (even now with the added hurry-up parts) & ... boring :/

my score (1.389B) seems to be in range with yours

will than try to finish the pin with my son while playing in CO-OP

#5419 1 year ago

ok, pin is 7 days home, than wanna know more about THIS IS THE WAY, did a "wizard" search on this topic...
for what i see, none of pinsiders have gone there since the 1.20 !? and only few (in fact 1) before

to me, the prob is to advance ENCOUNTERS (PRO model), as the modes are feeling quite easy, and than RAZOR CREST alone (!) is also makable (even now with the added hurry-up parts) & ... boring :/

and :

not more on line !?
another link/hoster may be ?
tanx

#5420 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

yes, that's what it should do

My game on the newest code still swirls the ball on the child magnet, but just a day or two ago it caught and held in the middle of the magnet. I'm not sure if they balls are becoming magnetized overtime and that impacts it or what. I have have only seen it happen once or twice, but the rest of the time it throws it around normally AKA tries to YEET it straight down the middle.

#5421 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

I finished it a couple of weeks ago. As you mentioned, the modes are not that hard. Encounters and the endurance run of the Razor Crest things are. My tactic with standard gameplay (no co-op) was focussing on multiball with the first mission first (because you have to finish hunter before lightening the hurry up again), then the first encounter. Trying to get hunter, finish it and try to activate hurry up. While everything is blinking red, 2nd encounter. And so on. The Mode-MiniWizard is quite easy, the RazorCrest one also, just the encounter one is hard to finish without draining.
So, getting to This is the Way is one thing, got often there on ball 3. But starting it was quite a pain in the a**, because you have to hit every shot once, before it starts.
Finished it the first time I started it, but hmmm, to me it wasn´t that spectacular as I hoped for. Just felt like another "normal" mode? Even the scenes on the LCD...don´t get me wrong, it looked cool, but not THAT great. Not even some new scenes from the episodes?

But, have to say that this pin would need some more Code-Love in general. Every Mission feels quite the same. And hitting Razor Crest 8 times feels more like work than fun. Same with the Encounter, 5 times the left ramp, really? The 2x targets don´t even get used in a mission, same with the side targets. I think this pin got so much more potential, but the code just keeps it away from. Just like DRI374 mentioned in one of his Mando-Streams, the pin ist just getting harder and harder along the progress, but not more rewarding. In my eyes, the coding is besides the foundry just lazy. No secret combos, no secret skill shot (the super skill shot is not really rewarding, and the sneaky one not that sneaky), ambush risk/reward is just ridiculous, no cool combo rewards in general, I mean, Brian Eddy is talking about the great flow that he feels with this pin, but you get no real rewards for it (e.g. Iron Maiden 2 Way Combos, Death Blow etc.), the game makes you to stop and aim.
I really love the theme and I like the physical design, I like the shots. But man, the code just feels so meaningless to me, there´s definetly some love missing. Easiest fix suggestion from me would be to include the targets more to the missions, include combos for lightenig up the 2nd or 3rd level of Razor Crest / Encounter instead of "Hit that Ramp X times", include the spinner more (normally it´s just not worth the points to even aim for it.

I reeeeally hope for a major code update, I don´t really expect it, but who knows...

#5422 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

I finished it a couple of weeks ago

tanx for this quite complete feedback, and so... funny you did write this while i was beating it too, but than "only for fun" and in CO-OP with myself (lol)
time to go to bed, more talks tomorrow

#5423 1 year ago

than after 77CMG77 feedback, i know i have to try to do it in normal play

while yesterday i did beat it, but in a 4 players games, and a CO-OP with myself
of course, this is NOT the way !!! looooooooooooool

#5424 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

than after 77CMG77 feedback, i know i have to try to do it in normal play
while yesterday i did beat it, but in a 4 players games, and a CO-OP with myself
of course, this is NOT the way !!! looooooooooooool

You're awesome dude! I always enjoy your posts.

#5425 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

You're awesome dude! I always enjoy your posts.

tanx of course... but in this case, nothing special, just a lot of balls to complete the run
and for sure, most of us can do it too

#5426 1 year ago

Does anyone know what influences how steep/flat the upper playfield is on encounters on the Prem/LE?

I noticed that on Encounter 1, level 1, that it would become more or less steep sometimes (staying on that same level and not progressing to level 2 or 3, which, I understand normally changes the steepness). I'm not sure why...but I suspect that it might be due to me hitting shots outside of that playfield, then going back up there....Perhaps if I keep going back up there, without hitting other shots in the game, the steepness stays the same, but if I hit other shots on the playfield, it flattens it out?

Before anyone responds and says they change based on the encounter level, please read the previous paragraph.

#5427 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Does anyone know what influences how steep/flat the upper playfield is on encounters on the Prem/LE?
I noticed that on Encounter 1, level 1, that it would become more or less steep sometimes (staying on that same level and not progressing to level 2 or 3, which, I understand normally changes the steepness). I'm not sure why...but I suspect that it might be due to me hitting shots outside of that playfield, then going back up there....Perhaps if I keep going back up there, without hitting other shots in the game, the steepness stays the same, but if I hit other shots on the playfield, it flattens it out?
Before anyone responds and says they change based on the encounter level, please read the previous paragraph.

I have this same issue, and its tough to replicate when it happens (I am trying to figure this out so as to be able to report it as a bug to Dwight). But its the same as you - sometimes, in Encounter 1, you leave the upper playfield and it screws up the pitch for later Encounters. I have seen it go completely flat and stay there, and also completely steep. I think it has something to do with starting scope and / on Ambush, which causes the UPF to move (I think it goes completely steep). Then the game, on occasion, gets confused and doesn't fix itself for the next Encounter.

#5428 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I have this same issue, and its tough to replicate when it happens (I am trying to figure this out so as to be able to report it as a bug to Dwight). But its the same as you - sometimes, in Encounter 1, you leave the upper playfield and it screws up the pitch for later Encounters. I have seen it go completely flat and stay there, and also completely steep. I think it has something to do with starting scope and / on Ambush, which causes the UPF to move (I think it goes completely steep). Then the game, on occasion, gets confused and doesn't fix itself for the next Encounter.

OK, so you're convinced it's a bug, rather than a feature?

#5429 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I have occasionally that issue as well, I thought it originated from some of multi balls that allow you to get in there. I had it on some occasions that it was so vertical the flippers could barely reach the switches anymore after I drained out of the MB.

#5430 1 year ago

Its not a feature. How its supposed to work is:

Encounter not started: UPF at its steepest
Encounter 1-1: UPF one stage up from completely flat position.
Encounter 1-2: UPF one stage up from 1-1 (slightly more steep)
Encounter 1-3: UPF one stage up from 1-2 (again, one stage more steep)
Bonus Level: Moving UPF
Encounter 2: UPF rocks and locks in when you get to the UPF
Encounter 3: UPF rocks and doesn't lock in

Things get dicey when Scope and Ambush move the UPF back to the steepest level, and as T3quila has pointed out, in 2 of the MB's when the PF rocks back and forth. Somewhere in this, the UPF develops issues where it ends up at the flattest or steepest positions when the next Encounter starts.

If anyone can reproduce this, and describe how you specifically got it, it would help Dwight in diagnosing the issue.

#5431 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Things get dicey when Scope and Ambush move the UPF back to the steepest level

Why does scope and ambush move the playfield?

#5432 1 year ago

Damn, 47 new comments was thinking a topper reveal or code update, cmon Dwight any more code coming?

#5433 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Damn, 47 new comments was thinking a topper reveal

I was thinking the same thing! Where's my topper??!!

#5434 1 year ago

I’m also convinced there’s a bug that results in some erratic upper playfield behavior. Just last night my encounter 1-1 pitch, which is usually less steep than than 1-2 as you’d expect but still steeper than the main playfield, went as flat as the main playfield (or close to it). And I’ve had cases where 1-1 is more steep than other times.

I’m not sure what the intended position is, but it’s certainly inconsistent. No common factors, like prior multiballs or scope, seem to predictably affect it. I am one patch behind on updates, though, so my experience may be irrelevant.

#5435 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I’m also convinced there’s a bug that results in some erratic upper playfield behavior. Just last night my encounter 1-1 pitch, which is usually less steep than than 1-2 as you’d expect but still steeper than the main playfield, went as flat as the main playfield (or close to it). And I’ve had cases where 1-1 is more steep than other times.
I’m not sure what the intended position is, but it’s certainly inconsistent. No common factors, like prior multiballs or scope, seem to predictably affect it. I am one patch behind on updates, though, so my experience may be irrelevant.

Yeah the upper PF gets all fucky.

#5436 1 year ago

i want a topper!!

#5437 1 year ago

There is an issue with the upper playfield levelling for the 1-1 encounter under some circumstances. I'm running the latest code.

I think it's related to starting the first encounter, failing and then starting a multiball - possibly Jetpack multiball, where the upper playfield will change its level when you clear the targets.

What ever the case, the upper playfield moves to an incline that it shouldn't be for 1-1 and doesn't return when you get back into the 1-1 encounter.

#5438 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Damn, 47 new comments was thinking a topper reveal or code update, cmon Dwight any more code coming?

Remember when we all thought May 4th would be the topper reveal? Fun times

#5439 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Just like DRI374 mentioned in one of his Mando-Streams, the pin ist just getting harder and harder along the progress, but not more rewarding.

Thanks for the callout! Yeah, I'm one of the hopefuls that is holding on to the game thinking there will be an overall balance brought along one day. Yesterday was my one year anniversary owning it. Stranger Things took to the day 1 year to fix, I had my hopes up Mando would follow suit.

It's really low on the totem pole at the moment.

#5440 1 year ago

Hello everyone,
I am having an issue with our Mando LE with the opto that alerts the diverter to send the ball into the mini-playfield. About 10% of the time it works, and I went into switch test, and the opto did not register the ball. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Max

#5441 1 year ago

For non-functionning optos, here's some things to try:

easy things:
clean emitter/reciever
alignment/position (nothing blocking between LEDS)
loose mounting bracket
wiring continuity (plug loose, etc.)

a bit more involved:
swap plug to another port and see if the problem follows the optos or the board
reflow solder on LED boards
confirm continuity with multimeter - LED board to plug pins or node board
switch positions of emitter/reciever
light shields

f* it, nothing works:
swap out emitter and reciever boards
swap out node board

#5442 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

For non-functionning optos, here's some things to try:
easy things:
clean emitter/reciever
alignment/position (nothing blocking between LEDS)
loose mounting bracket
wiring continuity (plug loose, etc.)
a bit more involved:
swap plug to another port and see if the problem follows the optos or the board
reflow solder on LED boards
confirm continuity with multimeter - LED board to plug pins or node board
switch positions of emitter/reciever
light shields
f* it, nothing works:
swap out emitter and reciever boards
swap out node board

Hi,
I already tried cleaning the emitter and receiver and I don’t think that helped. I am going to attach a picture of what they look like in case you can tell if they are mis aligned.
Thanks!
Max

4E6BB2BC-8A32-47EB-8E0C-D7AB3DF72458 (resized).jpeg4E6BB2BC-8A32-47EB-8E0C-D7AB3DF72458 (resized).jpeg83E0D8AE-22E6-4623-B86B-EC35966148E8 (resized).jpeg83E0D8AE-22E6-4623-B86B-EC35966148E8 (resized).jpegA2CEBFF7-CF2D-4908-ACA4-0B5C07B40DB6 (resized).jpegA2CEBFF7-CF2D-4908-ACA4-0B5C07B40DB6 (resized).jpegE4BF914C-8047-41FF-97A4-824C5A2FAF0B (resized).jpegE4BF914C-8047-41FF-97A4-824C5A2FAF0B (resized).jpeg
#5443 1 year ago

PM me best offer for Mando brand new ramps center & criss cross ones. Thx

#5444 1 year ago

Got a Premium for a steal this week. It wasn't a game I was actively looking for but for the price, I figured why not. Only played the Pro on location a couple of times. Gotta say I am really surprised how much fun I am having playing the Premium!

#5445 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Rebel552:

Hi,
I already tried cleaning the emitter and receiver and I don’t think that helped. I am going to attach a picture of what they look like in case you can tell if they are mis aligned.
Thanks!
Max
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had the exact same issue... same location. Stern sent me a new set of opto's. Raise a ticket with Stern, they will send you a set.
Thank you

#5446 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

I had the exact same issue... same location. Stern sent me a new set of opto's. Raise a ticket with Stern, they will send you a set.
Thank you

Are they hard to install?

#5447 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Rebel552:

Are they hard to install?

Yeah, very. If I can do it, you'll be fine . They come with the cable also, just disconnect the mini type molex from underneath the playfield and feed the wires through.

#5448 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Yeah, very. If I can do it, you'll be fine . They come with the cable also, just disconnect the mini type molex from underneath the playfield and feed the wires through.

Does it show you how to install them?

#5449 1 year ago

Stern didn't provide any instructions, no. They sent me a replacement set, but my issue was the one in your pic. Just undo that nut, swap and replace.

#5450 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

I finished it a couple of weeks ago

ok, advancing, just reached THIS IS THE WAY in normal play, but than didnt started it ! quite frustrating...
you have to go there (while finishing all 3 mini-wizards, than start the TITW (the 6 main shots), than play/beat it !!!
its hot in factory settings, and may be concentring on more beskar (to get more EB) would be a good idea (even if taking another gift, depending on where you are, seems finally better than an EB)

IMG_20220721_204615_659 (resized).jpgIMG_20220721_204615_659 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 22.95
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/109?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.