image (resized).jpg
20220803_172933 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220802_084312847_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220802_084512915_HDR.jpg
7B57A11C-D4AA-4592-9A11-3A7362C608F1 (resized).jpeg
DFF7898D-29E8-4145-88D9-92DD9861A3E8 (resized).jpeg
CAB1D910-3873-46BD-A8E0-51DEBEBAC1EA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,690 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 114.
#5301 48 days ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Anybody else get their game recently and notice ribbing on the playfield? Mine was made June 9th.
Ribbing won't keep me up at night, I'm just curious...

Mine has it in the right light and it’s from the first premium run in June or July of ‘21, seems to be holding up just fine though

#5302 48 days ago

Anybody else get their game recently and notice ribbing on the playfield? Mine was made June 9th.

Yeppers. Not major and can only see in certain light. No big deal for me.

Edit- mine was built 7/21

#5303 48 days ago

The TWD at a local kiddie place has that as well though. I think that’s when people were pretty happy with the clear coat durability. They went to a point where they were putting too much on. Looks great out the box, but is a lot easier to see all the dimples. If they have toned that down then maybe chipping clear will be reduced as well. Stern doesn’t have it nearly as bad as some super ultra premium companies suffer from, but it might be a step towards the right approach that seemed to work just fine.

#5304 48 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Yeppers. Not major and can only see in certain light. No big deal for me.
Edit- mine was built 7/21

Same for mine. Still plays fine/no issues. I see it on almost all my new sterns in the last year.

#5305 48 days ago

I've seen it mentioned several times in this thread, that the game is perceived as "hard". Really?
Here's the thing from my perception: I'm a good player, so maybe I don't personally find it hard, but I don't think that matters when assessing if a game is hard or not. This game doesn't have a single "dangerous" shot. What do I mean by "dangerous"? I'm defining that as a shot that you're required to make (see, not optional), where when hit, comes back at you dangerously or is out of control. All main shots in Mando are pretty damn safe if made.
Contrast that with a game like Metallica or Walking Dead (or nearly any Borg game, LOL). You HAVE to hit Sparky, but that's a dangerous shot that comes back unpredictably. In that situation, you successfully made the shot, but can get punished severally. This is not the same as missing a shot and getting punished.
Now in Mando, all main shots are safe. Sure, you have to catch an orbit, but that's not the same as a Sparky shot, Well Walker, Prison, etc. Even the turnaround shot on Mando is fine if your game is level.
Given that it's a fan layout with safe shots, the game becomes control and muscle memory. Over time, you'll be having longer games. I can routinely get to the mini wizard modes on this.
Now, there's a good deal of content here to get through, but again, I wouldn't call that hard per se.

I guess the difference with mando is because the shots are so close, if you brick it, you’ve lost control and there’s a good chance it winds up in the outlanes. Forget going for the targets on the right and left. With Metallica and twd, there’s more chance to nudge and regain control. I find mando to be brutal, frustrating and sometimes not so fun. But, when you do have that great game, it is rewarding.

#5306 48 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I guess the difference with mando is because the shots are so close, if you brick it, you’ve lost control and there’s a good chance it winds up in the outlanes. Forget going for the targets on the right and left. With Metallica and twd, there’s more chance to nudge and regain control. I find mando to be brutal, frustrating and sometimes not so fun. But, when you do have that great game, it is rewarding.

I guess I measure brutal against the TMNT Pro I used to own as my first Stern. Mando seems much more forgiving by comparison.

#5307 47 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I guess I measure brutal against the TMNT Pro I used to own as my first Stern. Mando seems much more forgiving by comparison.

Yeah, I’ll definitely not argue with that.

#5308 47 days ago

All main shots in Mando are pretty damn safe if made.

That’s a pretty big “if” at my skill level

Missed shots require quick reflexes. The game is less forgiving for missed shots than some other modern pins, but quite fair when you make your shots.

It’s teaching me to be a better pinball player.

#5309 47 days ago

I created this thread not long ago. Any of you that have both would appreciate your comments on the 2.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-pro-or-mando-prem-#post-6994108

#5310 47 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hard games seem to last longer at my house, so it isn't a bad thing. Considering how many reviews come from "I played it twice on route and it sucked" it's not surprising to be a little lower on the top 100.

If I want to have a good game on Mando, I have to catch and trap the ball. If I try to let the shots flow and just string them together, I hit the posts (and there are so many posts) and straight down the outlane.

The mini play field takes up a significant amount of real estate causing the fan to be a little crowded. The shots are so close to the flippers. The left ramp is super steep and it takes a clean shot to get up there.

So, yes, Mando is a "harder" game than most. Just one more game, I know I can crush it this time!

#5311 47 days ago

Yep. Mine was delivered in Feb and she ribbed.

#5312 47 days ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Yep. Mine was delivered in Feb and she ribbed.

Can someone share a picture of the ribbing? Interested to make sure I know what people are referring to. Thanks.

#5313 47 days ago
Quoted from donjagra:

If I want to have a good game on Mando, I have to catch and trap the ball. If I try to let the shots flow and just string them together, I hit the posts (and there are so many posts) and straight down the outlane.

100%. This is a catch and trap game. You can take shots on the fly when they go through the return lanes, but that's it. If you're wildly flipping, then forget it. Those are probably the people saying the game is hard.

For those of us that catch and trap, this game isn't that hard. I honestly think I'm holding back from beating it too quickly b/c I like the game and don't want to get rid of it anytime soon.

#5314 47 days ago

100%. This is a catch and trap game. You can take shots on the fly when they go through the return lanes, but that's it. If you're wildly flipping, then forget it. Those are probably the people saying the game is hard.
For those of us that catch and trap, this game isn't that hard. I honestly think I'm holding back from beating it too quickly b/c I like the game and don't want to get rid of it anytime soon.

Let's face it, it's a bit "hard" indeed. I can stay 2 times longer with one ball on any other of my 4 flippers than in manda, but.....
HARD is not a bad thing! And most of the women love it!
Seriously, i love dark souls because even if is hard game it's rewarding when you can do it. And Mandalorian you need to catch and trap indeed, and to be aware if the ball bounce. Still, i love it, it's soo different gameplay that all the other pinballs i have, and i love that variety.
I can only recommend.

#5315 46 days ago

hey all, so I'm loving my Mando premium and slowly working my way through this thread (only up to page 32 though). I've seem some indications that my questions below might have been hit by others, but would rather not wait till i've had time to read through everything before solving these problems.

1. I'm getting the issue where the ball bounces back from the pin (that pops up) when i hit a strong right orbit. Did anyone find a solution for this? I noticed some people talking about metallica having a metal pin, is it possible/easy to make this change?

2. I'm not convinced my skillshot stuff is working. Sometimes when i hold in the left flipper the pin still comes up (and it doesn't only seem to be when child is lit) and sometimes when i don't hold the left flipper in, the ball still completes the orbit (the pin doesn't seem to come up). Is this normal? Am i missing something?

3. I'd like to do a low level upgrade on my speakers (love pinwoofer gear but don't have the budget for a full upgrade). I found an option (linked below) here in Australia, but am i right i'd still need some new brackers/spacers? if so, i they something i can find online? what am i looking for?

https://www.amazon.com.au/BOSS-Audio-BE524-Range-Speakers/dp/B06W2G8K2Z/ref=sr_1_1?crid=184EX1A92EVOP&keywords=BOSS+Audio+Systems+BE524+5.25+Inch+Car+Speakers+-+225+Watts+of+Power+Per+Pair%2C+112.5+Watts+Each%2C+Full+Range%2C+4+Way%2C&qid=1656496949&sprefix=boss+audio+systems+be524+5.25+inch+car+speakers+-+225+watts+of+power+per+pair+112.5+watts+each+full+range+4+way+%2Caps%2C539&sr=8-1

Thanks for any help!

#5316 46 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

hey all, so I'm loving my Mando premium and slowly working my way through this thread (only up to page 32 though). I've seem some indications that my questions below might have been hit by others, but would rather not wait till i've had time to read through everything before solving these problems.
1. I'm getting the issue where the ball bounces back from the pin (that pops up) when i hit a strong right orbit. Did anyone find a solution for this? I noticed some people talking about metallica having a metal pin, is it possible/easy to make this change?
2. I'm not convinced my skillshot stuff is working. Sometimes when i hold in the left flipper the pin still comes up (and it doesn't only seem to be when child is lit) and sometimes when i don't hold the left flipper in, the ball still completes the orbit (the pin doesn't seem to come up). Is this normal? Am i missing something?
3. I'd like to do a low level upgrade on my speakers (love pinwoofer gear but don't have the budget for a full upgrade). I found an option (linked below) here in Australia, but am i right i'd still need some new brackers/spacers? if so, i they something i can find online? what am i looking for?
https://www.amazon.com.au/BOSS-Audio-BE524-Range-Speakers/dp/B06W2G8K2Z/ref=sr_1_1?crid=184EX1A92EVOP&keywords=BOSS+Audio+Systems+BE524+5.25+Inch+Car+Speakers+-+225+Watts+of+Power+Per+Pair%2C+112.5+Watts+Each%2C+Full+Range%2C+4+Way%2C&qid=1656496949&sprefix=boss+audio+systems+be524+5.25+inch+car+speakers+-+225+watts+of+power+per+pair+112.5+watts+each+full+range+4+way+%2Caps%2C539&sr=8-1
Thanks for any help!

Doug at speaker light kits carries the metal 5.25 brackets.

#5317 46 days ago

My upper playfield flippers just completely died during game play. Any ideas?

I have a bad feeling I'm going to have to take apart the upper playfield, which I'm dreading...

#5318 46 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Thanks for any help!

I may have a pair of 5.25” brackets. Pm me if you want.

#5319 45 days ago

I have a bad feeling I'm going to have to take apart the upper playfield, which I'm dreading...

I never had that specifically happen to me but did remove the upper playfield to change the sleeves and coil stops. I was dreading doing this also but once you do it, it’s not that bad. A few mole connections, remove the upper playfield arm screw from the motor and loosen a bolt on each side of the playfield bracket (you do not need to remove these screws all the way. Just loosen)and your good to go. See attached picture for underside of the playfield if this helps. You may want to go ahead and change the sleeves and the coils stops when you remove it. Felt like I was doing brain surgery cause I was a nervous wreck trying not to scratch or damage anything. Hope you get this issue resolved.

8CA68BB7-B55B-4C65-95AB-9E59C420D7E0 (resized).jpegCFC44B91-1566-4BF3-9B2C-2E91A21EF8B9 (resized).jpeg
#5320 45 days ago

I got this file from Stern support.
https://sternpinball.zendesk.com/attachments/token/2t4frfgWsKS5U9jbZAEmfdjxQ/?name=Mando+Mini+Playfield+removal.pdf

#5321 45 days ago

any concensus on best solution to the U turn shot on the pro just resulting in immediate drains? It just seems the ball slamming off the side rail after exiting is like 50% death on our example.

#5322 45 days ago

Didn't see anything when searching, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before trying to contact Stern support -- has anyone had problems with the machine hard crashing and rebooting when trying to connect to Wifi? I'm in the guided setup and click to join my network, it scans and shows a bunch but then the controls lock up and about 10 seconds later it hard resets the pin. Haven't been able to get it to work yet to register it for insider.

#5323 45 days ago

Have you pulled out the top coin-door switch while trying to connect? That's needed as part of the setup. If you have, then I'd try a re-install of the latest code from USB.

#5324 45 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

any concensus on best solution to the U turn shot on the pro just resulting in immediate drains? It just seems the ball slamming off the side rail after exiting is like 50% death on our example.

Not a problem I have had. Have you tried adjusting the left to right level a bit in either direction?

#5325 45 days ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Saw a couple options in gravity charges for the flashers but didn't love them. Finally snagged a set of four from a guy overseas. Ok.. awesome. SO much better. Also installed a shaker while I had the hood up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi, where you buy it ?

#5326 45 days ago

OriginalFresh I really appreciate the post and pictures, thanks!

Question for you and anyone else: Given both flippers stopped working...and looking at the underside of the playfield in that pic, should I be focusing on the black and yellow wire that's going to the coils, or the black and purple wire that's connected to the board?

I'm trying to track everything down before resorting to taking the playfield apart, thanks.

#5327 45 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I was having that issue and was thinking about installing some sort of 1 way gate that would slow the ball down but before I did that I adjusted that rollover switch to be as sensitive (high) as possible without becoming a ball trap (I also don't think that switch has missed registering a shot since either) and after that, the ball feed became much more consistent for me so I never bothered.

#5328 45 days ago
Quoted from shaub:

I was having that issue and was thinking about installing some sort of 1 way gate that would slow the ball down but before I did that I adjusted that rollover switch to be as sensitive (high) as possible without becoming a ball trap (I also don't think that switch has missed registering a shot since either) and after that, the ball feed became much more consistent for me so I never bothered.

Yeah its the speed that seems to be lethal. Which is annoying as the cleanest shot often is the deadliest :/

#5329 45 days ago

Question for you and anyone else: Given both flippers stopped working...and looking at the underside of the playfield in that pic, should I be focusing on the black and yellow wire that's going to the coils, or the black and purple wire that's connected to the board?

I'm trying to track everything down before resorting to taking the playfield apart, thanks.

I would look at all of these coils and see if there's a grey/orange wire broken off. They all daisy-chain together so if one broke off, any coils further down the line wouldn't be functioning.

pasted_image (resized).png
#5330 45 days ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I never had that specifically happen to me but did remove the upper playfield to change the sleeves and coil stops. I was dreading doing this also but once you do it, it’s not that bad. A few mole connections, remove the upper playfield arm screw from the motor and loosen a bolt on each side of the playfield bracket (you do not need to remove these screws all the way. Just loosen)and your good to go. See attached picture for underside of the playfield if this helps. You may want to go ahead and change the sleeves and the coils stops when you remove it. Felt like I was doing brain surgery cause I was a nervous wreck trying not to scratch or damage anything. Hope you get this issue resolved.[quoted image][quoted image]

I had a wire come loose, re-soldering fixed it...

Upper Flipper Not Working- Broken Cable (resized).jpg
#5331 45 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Have you pulled out the top coin-door switch while trying to connect? That's needed as part of the setup. If you have, then I'd try a re-install of the latest code from USB.

I ended up being able to complete the setup by going through the networking menu instead of the guided setup menu, not sure what was wrong with guided setup

#5332 45 days ago
Quoted from BSoulMan:

Did that only kill one of your flippers though?

Edit: NVM, depending on which of the two of those grey/orange wires broke off, one or both flippers could be dead and if none of the other coils I mentioned have a broken off grey-orange wire, NickBuffaloPinball should look under the mini-pf as well.

#5333 45 days ago

Foundry is back instock in the shop, I got a few pms over the last about when it would be available again.

64e818612f8a7490098e538df09e41985bfd3b49 (resized).jpg
#5334 45 days ago
Quoted from BSoulMan:

Oh man, that's probably it...

It's funny, had the game for less than two weeks, and when I got it, I looked at the upper playfield and said, "I hope I don't have to take that apart anytime soon". Thanks life.

#5335 45 days ago

+1 on the Foundry mod. Looks great on my game!

#5336 45 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

+1 on the Foundry mod. Looks great on my game!

+1 had to add the armorer though.

IMG_20220308_150630112~2 (resized).jpg
#5338 45 days ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Foundry is back instock in the shop, I got a few pms over the last about when it would be available again.

That's a beautiful mod sir. Wish I could bring myself to cover up Carl Weathers' face, but I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I did.

#5339 45 days ago

That's a beautiful mod sir. Wish I could bring myself to cover up Carl Weathers' face, but I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I did.

Give it a week lol

#5340 45 days ago

Is the Forgemaster from one of the Disney character sets? If so, which one? Love that with the foundry, excellent addition.

Quoted from Apinjunkie:

+1 had to add the armorer though.
[quoted image]

#5341 45 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Is the Forgemaster from one of the Disney character sets? If so, which one? Love that with the foundry, excellent addition.

It's from the standard line of 3 and 3/4 in figures. I added a few of my own paint highlights bring out some of the detail in it. It's a nice sculpt and fits well there.

IMG_20211230_160825327 (resized).jpg
#5342 43 days ago
Quoted from shaub:

From a layout perspective it might be a great compliment to Mando. Mando has lots of close shots and quick returns, Star Wars has further away shots and lots of flow.

They are an amazing pair!! Great variety in gameplay, but obviously such a strong pairing in terms of theme. If you're a big SW fan, go for it. SW is amazing.

20220628_170714.jpg
#5343 43 days ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Can someone share a picture of the ribbing? Interested to make sure I know what people are referring to. Thanks.

I have a decent picture of some ribbing on my DP. I got it used on a decent deal. Can’t complain because it still plays great and you don’t really notice from most angles with the glass on.

BDEA02CE-B54A-433D-BF0C-AACB7B7955ED (resized).jpeg
Notice from another shot you don’t really see it as much

2884E26D-E7B1-4DDA-8937-1BAD1BA37EF2 (resized).jpeg
#5344 43 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I have a decent picture of some ribbing on my DP. I got it used on a decent deal. Can’t complain because it still plays great and you don’t really notice from most angles with the glass on.
[quoted image]
Notice from another shot you don’t really see it as much [quoted image]

Wow that is really interesting. Luckily haven’t seen this on my machine. But glad it isn’t effecting your play.

#5345 43 days ago

I had one stop working and had to remove it and resolder a coil wire. It was easy. Instructions if you need them.

547dd069bad2f16947c7cf1adc9fb2a68ac83343 (resized).jpg0ea8fe0d2f332d4809e0708f9efe6c9b128856d5 (resized).jpg3fdbcc9e13d247c0d920e9702171acfdd3c64ccc (resized).jpg
#5346 43 days ago

Turns out a wire became desoldered from a coil on the mini playfield. Once that was fixed, it started working again. Thanks for everyone's help!

#5347 43 days ago

Turns out a wire became desoldered from a coil on the mini playfield. Once that was fixed, it started working again. Thanks for everyone's help!

Pinsiders Assemble!

#5348 43 days ago

Just played competition mode and the light show is insane, it’s almost impossible to see the ball after hitting the kit shots. Such a great game.

#5349 43 days ago

I have a brand new unpopulated playfield for a Mando pro, just arrived but i don’t have use for it anymore. Listing for sale in regional groups but could also ship as its still boxed

#5350 43 days ago

I’m the club. Played the pro and traded for a Premium. Can’t believe how different the Premium plays. So much better in my opinion. Mods ordered and wait for shipping.

76E3C10E-44EA-4D6A-B3F7-D06A1658118A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 93.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
$ 8,899.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
$ 6,699.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 8,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
$ 8.50
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6,699.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg , PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centennial, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,690 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!