Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 157.
#5201 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

So... Start mission, start multiball and fire flamethrower? Are encounters a waste? I might need to watch the tutorial sooner than later

Flamethrower is pretty powerful if you use it to cash in on a juicy super jackpot during multiball…with a multiplier(or 2 or 3)stacked it can turn into a big cash out.

#5202 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Flamethrower is pretty powerful if you use it to cash in on a juicy super jackpot during multiball…with a multiplier(or 2 or 3)stacked it can turn into a big cash out.

How do I switch between items when I'm playing?

Are multipliers from the boba Fett targets?

#5203 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

How do I switch between items when I'm playing?
Are multipliers from the boba Fett targets?

That’s one of the 3 multipliers you can shoot for and the easiest to get. Getting a scope shot(after you qualify it)will give you another multiplier and completing a Hunter mode(after you start it)will also give you a multiplier.

#5204 1 year ago

You also can get a multiplier in the foundry. It will cost you some beskar.

#5205 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I created a tutorial and rule set video for Mando. Hopefully it will be useful for some of our newer members

Awesome video. I finally read the rulesheet too. Still not 100% on the best strategy for high scores, but focusing on Razor Crest for multiballs makes sense.

For those of you feeling like the code needs some additional refinement, what is the game missing? Too many shots up the center?

#5206 1 year ago

Only refinement I'd like to see is make the ambush more valuable.

#5207 1 year ago

Man that ambush is so bad, played it for like 10 minutes and got 60m.

Way too risky hitting those 2x ramp targets and uturn.

#5208 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I created a tutorial and rule set video for Mando. Hopefully it will be useful for some of our newer members

Nice video. My approach to the game is very similar to yours. I do hit the left ramp from the left flipper to progress through encounters as often as possible. I also really didn't like that you had to start a hunter mode or drain to enable progression on the multiballs and hurry ups, so I changed that setting to bypass that requirement. Just too many cheap drains starting hunter modes. I like the game so much more with that setting changed.

#5209 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Man that ambush is so bad, played it for like 10 minutes and got 60m.
Way too risky hitting those 2x ramp targets and uturn.

You're right, ambush is too many shots that don't earn any points. I played it a few times and got the jackpot way up, but drained before I could collect. I ended up with less than 10m points. Feels like I'm better off ending the mode as quickly as I can.

#5210 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

You're right, ambush is too many shots that don't earn any points. I played it a few times and got the jackpot way up, but drained before I could collect. I ended up with less than 10m points. Feels like I'm better off ending the mode as quickly as I can.

I time it out right when it starts. If I accidentally make a shot and it gets into ambush it takes too long to timeout.

#5211 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I time it out right when it starts. If I accidentally make a shot and it gets into ambush it takes too long to timeout.

Truly the sign of a great mode or feature.

#5212 1 year ago

Funny thing is, on previous code I played like 500 games and activated once so I thought it was so cool. Now it activates at least twice a game and I hate it.

#5213 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I agree ambush and Hunter both need scoring increases, I totally get Dwight wants Hunter to be for Beskar but it still needs additional scoring to make the risk of the mode worth it.

#5214 1 year ago

The playfield multiplier makes Hunter worth it. I wish they would add one for completing ambush also.

#5215 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I also really didn't like that you had to start a hunter mode or drain to enable progression on the multiballs and hurry ups, so I changed that setting to bypass that requirement.

I’ve missed what you’re describing about having to do these things “to enable progression…”. Would you mind please explaining more what you mean? And how you changed the setting to bypass it (what setting is it)?

Thanks in advance!

#5216 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

The playfield multiplier makes Hunter worth it. I wish they would add one for completing ambush also.

It does but unless your going for maximum multipliers boba and scope are much easier and less risk.

#5217 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

If ambush paid out at the same rate it builds jackpot and still had the jackpot, it would be a killer mode. I would play it every time.

#5218 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

I’ve missed what you’re describing about having to do these things “to enable progression…”. Would you mind please explaining more what you mean? And how you changed the setting to bypass it (what setting is it)?
Thanks in advance!

The rules have this as the default setting for mutiballs:

"After playing a multiball, the Razor Crest can be relit to start Razor Crest Hurry-Up by completing a Hunter mode. The Razor Crest also relights when the ball drains, if it isn’t currently lit. Playing all three multiballs in a single game qualifies Precious Cargo as the final Razor Crest award. Every Super Jackpot scored during multiball adds 2.5 million to end-of-ball bonus."

In the game settings you can change this so that the Razor Crest relights automatically to allow you to progress towards the next hurry-up and multiball without the need of completing a hunter mode or draining. In my opinion, changing this setting makes the game much more enjoyable.

#5219 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

If ambush paid out at the same rate it builds jackpot and still had the jackpot, it would be a killer mode. I would play it every time.

I’m hoping Xaqery still has some time to devote a little more love to Mando, it’s very good as is but it could be great with a little more code love.

#5220 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m hoping Xaqery still has some time to devote a little more love to Mando, it’s very good as is but it could be great with a little more code love.

In a real life ambush, the only goal is to escape. I wonder if that is the mode's purpose too.

#5221 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

In a real life ambush, the only goal is to escape. I wonder if that is the mode's purpose too.

There is that but I think Lyman said it best in his CGC interview with TSAPshow, he believed that everything should be valuable, rewarding and feel a necessary part of the game to shoot, nothing should be left feeling like it should be skipped or timed out.

#5222 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

There is that but I think Lyman said it best in his CGC interview with TSAPshow, he believed that everything should be valuable, rewarding and feel a necessary part of the game to shoot, nothing should be left feeling like it should be skipped or timed out.

He did say it best.

I have owned a lot of games over the years. The games that last the longest are the ones that have multiple ways to play for the high score. Having mini modes with big score potential makes deviating from the primary goals worthwhile.

Ambush could also suffer from the location of the ambush lights in the playfield. Both lights are obscured by the ramps, so it appears the triangles are the most important targets. While they do build the jackpot, they don't really score anything. Before knowing the rules, I kept getting caught hitting the flashing triangles and collecting nothing. If the triangles payed out while also building the jackpot, it's a boost to uninformed players and incentive to play the mode. All in, it would basically double the value of the ambush. Maybe add that multiplier reward for good measure too.

EDIT*

I just played through an ambush with boosting the jackpot and it only payed out 14m. It should be closer to 50m.

EDIT**

Is the ambush total jackpot progressive and increased with multipliers? I went into ambush on the first shot after skillshot, boosted jackpot twice and collected, 14m. I got into ambush later in the game and it had increased to 45m. Do I understand this mode at all?

Just a thought.

#5223 1 year ago

Just got my NIB premium set up. The ball is often getting slowed down/hung up on something when the left orbit is shot. Is this a common problem? What should I look for to fix this?

#5224 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Just got my NIB premium set up. The ball is often getting slowed down/hung up on something when the left orbit is shot. Is this a common problem? What should I look for to fix this?

The ball lock mechanism can get hung up in the release position. I had to lightly file the tab on the ball release to keep this from happening.

#5225 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

He did say it best.
I have owned a lot of games over the years. The games that last the longest are the ones that have multiple ways to play for the high score. Having mini modes with big score potential makes deviating from the primary goals worthwhile.
Ambush could also suffer from the location of the ambush lights in the playfield. Both lights are obscured by the ramps, so it appears the triangles are the most important targets. While they do build the jackpot, they don't really score anything. Before knowing the rules, I kept getting caught hitting the flashing triangles and collecting nothing. If the triangles payed out while also building the jackpot, it's a boost to uninformed players and incentive to play the mode. All in, it would basically double the value of the ambush. Maybe add that multiplier reward for good measure too.
EDIT*
I just played through an ambush with boosting the jackpot and it only payed out 14m. It should be closer to 50m.
EDIT**
Is the ambush total jackpot progressive and increased with multipliers? I went into ambush on the first shot after skillshot, boosted jackpot twice and collected, 14m. I got into ambush later in the game and it had increased to 45m. Do I understand this mode at all?
Just a thought.

Did you hit the 2x ramp targets on either side of the right ramp? That multiplies the ambush collect.

#5226 1 year ago

The plastic hanging over the left orbit can also droop too low and catch the ball. May want to check if the ball rolls cleanly under it.

#5227 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

The plastic hanging over the left orbit can also droop too low and catch the ball. May want to check if the ball rolls cleanly under it.

I think it's this...What's the solution?

#5228 1 year ago

I think it's this...What's the solution?

I placed a rubber ring underneath the screw here (not my picture). A few washers would probably work too. That plastic just needs to be raised up a bit.

Edit: And while you're fixing that remove that unnecessary post next to the pop bumper which can also cause hang ups.

5f81bbb4562c1d92343e2798f8e1d4b4b33f1a67 (resized).jpg5f81bbb4562c1d92343e2798f8e1d4b4b33f1a67 (resized).jpg

#5229 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I placed a rubber ring underneath the screw here (not my picture). A few washers would probably work too. That plastic just needs to be raised up a bit.
Edit: And while you're fixing that remove that unnecessary post next to the pop bumper which can also cause hang ups.
[quoted image]

Thank you!

#5230 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Did you hit the 2x ramp targets on either side of the right ramp? That multiplies the ambush collect.

Probably. I played Mando all day yesterday and played the ambush whenever it came up, even actively trying to start it. After a day of play, I found myself just wanting ambush to end. The hit a shot, confirm the shot is tiresome and doesn't boost the jackpot at all. I wonder if I would feel differently if the jackpot doubled after each confirmation.

My main takeaway is that when I get ambushed, I just want to escape. I'm sure that isn't what the programmers we're going for.

All the practice is paying off though. I was happy with this score. Unfortunately, I need to double it if I want the GC.

IMG_20220620_090211316_HDR.jpgIMG_20220620_090211316_HDR.jpg
#5231 1 year ago

Anyone know when the topper is coming out?

#5233 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

At this point I don’t think even stern know the answer to that question.

#5234 1 year ago

ambush could use some new rules:

1. we shouldn't be able to just sit out an ambush. in a real ambush you can't just wait until it's over. someone is attacking, so deal with it.

2. instead there should be 2 escape shots. these shots should be at a fixed position and these should be easy shots, like razor crest target and/ or middle ramp, so if you are ambushed you can decide whether to run or to fight. running is a reasonable choice, running is easy, you escape, but you don't get any reward.

3. if you instead decide to fight, the fight should be tough but fair, like a duel at high noon, so orbits and ramps raise the points, right scoop locks the points and right ramps cashes (mostly like it is right now), but this should be timed, and if time is over, ambush is over, all points are lost, if not cashed.

4. after ambush is cashed or lost, maybe some bandits are still standing, so ambush can go on, but maybe they try to run, so a shot with medium difficulty is necessary to make the ambush go on, or it's finaly over.

#5235 1 year ago

Anyone here need center ramp & or cross cross ramps. DM me

#5236 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

[quoted image]

I’d be careful about that. The purpose of that post is to prevent the pop bumper from slamming balls into the spinner. The spinner is a bit fragile for anything but straight-on hits. Things like this are usually discovered during testing, and there’s a reason Stern added this.

#5237 1 year ago

medeski7 Thank you

#5238 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I’d be careful about that. The purpose of that post is to prevent the pop bumper from slamming balls into the spinner. The spinner is a bit fragile for anything but straight-on hits. Things like this are usually discovered during testing, and there’s a reason Stern added this.

Noted, I assume all risk I've had it removed for hundreds of games now. The angle between the pop bumper and the spinner doesn't seem to lend itself to many direct hits, but anything's possible.

It would be interesting if they added that post after noticing issues with the spinner during testing, but somehow missed the cracking plastic ramp and diverter.

#5239 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Thanks for the kind words. This was my first attempt at this type of video. If I can ever beat this thing, I’ll create another walking through the whole game. That encounter path is tough to complete.

Good video, and tutorial of sorts!

#5240 1 year ago

One encounter level away from mini wizard and then this is the way today ugh. Gotta chop away at that earlier.

#5241 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Very soon I hear.

#5242 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Very soon I hear.

I have been hearing this for almost a year now LOL

#5243 1 year ago

I agree with everybody’s feelings on Ambush & Hunter.

I like the IDEA of Hunter, but sometimes I wish I could just ignore it. Instead, I can’t since it locks out other features (specifically encounters).
Ambush I completely ignore 99% of the time and wait for it to go away. Not worth enough points and way too stressful of a mode. Most times if I attempt to complete it, I end up draining before collecting any points.

I truly hope they can be reworked a bit.

#5244 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Noted, I assume all risk I've had it removed for hundreds of games now. The angle between the pop bumper and the spinner doesn't seem to lend itself to many direct hits, but anything's possible.
It would be interesting if they added that post after noticing issues with the spinner during testing, but somehow missed the cracking plastic ramp and diverter.

Removed mine as well and no issues after 600 games.

#5245 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

My main takeaway is that when I get ambushed, I just want to escape.

Ambush = escape or die
So if you feel that way I think they hit their mark !

#5246 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ambush = escape or die
So if you feel that way I think they hit their mark !

I guess we are escaping by sitting completely still so they don’t notice us.

#5247 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I guess we are escaping by sitting completely still so they don’t notice us.

Sounds like Tom foolery!

#5248 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Sounds like Tom foolery!

That’s my name

#5249 1 year ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

I agree with everybody’s feelings on Ambush & Hunter.
I like the IDEA of Hunter, but sometimes I wish I could just ignore it. Instead, I can’t since it locks out other features (specifically encounters).
Ambush I completely ignore 99% of the time and wait for it to go away. Not worth enough points and way too stressful of a mode. Most times if I attempt to complete it, I end up draining before collecting any points.
I truly hope they can be reworked a bit.

I love the red gi and the stress of ambush, it has such potential.

Does ambush collect items? I feel like attackers could be dropping good stuff.

The rulesheet says that ambush should only be collected after building the multipliers. That would explain why it was a 46m jackpot the other day.

#5250 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I love the red gi and the stress of ambush, it has such potential.
Does ambush collect items? I feel like attackers could be dropping good stuff.
The rulesheet says that ambush should only be collected after building the multipliers. That would explain why it was a 46m jackpot the other day.

If it gave equipment, beskar, or anything besides points I would do it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

There are 7,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/105?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.