pasted_image (resized).png
slingshot damage (resized).jpg
IMG_20220806_165244320_HDR.jpg
image (resized).jpg
20220803_172933 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220802_084312847_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220802_084512915_HDR.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,706 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 115.
#4951 3 months ago

Regarding lower flipper power, I've maintained mine at stock only because of flipper power drop-off after extended play.

I assume this is due to solenoid or driver heat-up, and I also assume a lower power setting would further reduce power after extended play? It starts to get tough to make it up the right scoop

My alternative way of thinking has me wondering if lowering default flipper power would extend the time it takes before heat-up is noticeable?

#4952 3 months ago
Quoted from WillSVT:

Regarding lower flipper power, I've maintained mine at stock only because of flipper power drop-off after extended play.

I assume this is due to solenoid or driver heat-up, and I also assume a lower power setting would further reduce power after extended play? It starts to get tough to make it up the right scoop

This is the way
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit

#4953 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

I managed to mount mine so the arm is not restricted by the ramp. Had to modify the mount/body and the arm but it works perfectly, arm reaches its full range of motion just as it touches the ramp.
Play about with the mounting and you can get him under the ramp comfortably and he looks 100x better face on.

what about my request , is it a secret ?

#4954 3 months ago

Does anyone out there have the Stern Headphone Jack kit in stock? Been looking.

#4955 3 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Does anyone out there have the Stern Headphone Jack kit in stock? Been looking.

Any reason you don’t want the pinballife one? That’s what I have, barely even use it anymore.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

#4956 3 months ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Any reason you don’t want the pinballife one? That’s what I have, barely even use it anymore.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

Why do you barely use it anymore?

#4957 3 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Why do you barely use it anymore?

I was using headphones at the beginning but doesn’t bother anyone around me anymore as the pinball itself is pretty loud. I play at a low volume, generally about 4-5 and never adjust it so don’t need the knob either. Disabled it because kids kept bumping it on accident.

#4958 3 months ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I was using headphones at the beginning but doesn’t bother anyone around me anymore as the pinball itself is pretty loud. I play at a low volume, generally about 4-5 and never adjust it so don’t need the knob either. Disabled it because kids kept bumping it on accident.

Oh I was going to listen my headphones because I hear the quality is better. Any opinions on that out there?

#4959 3 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Oh I was going to listen my headphones because I hear the quality is better. Any opinions on that out there?

It definitely is better.

#4960 3 months ago

For me about the code :

1) All in for me too to increase ambush points, this points vs risk is just ridiculous actually.
2) Also, there's still a bug I would like to see to be fixed. I already informed Xaqery few months ago but it's still ongoing.
When you are on the mini playfield (for example during skill shot) if you stay there for a long time (complete everything), almost the entire playfield lights goes off, you need to go into the scoop for example then everything come back normally. I have also seen this randomly during the game but I don't know exactly how to reproduce.
3) Last bug, the coil for the diverter stay ON too long time during razorcrest multiball which sometimes keep 1 ball magnetized under the ramp/coil.

#4961 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

I spoke to Dwight a while back about the code and mentioned Ambush and Hunter need to be worth bigger points, otherwise they simply get ignored by tournament players as neither mode is really worth playing when it comes to points.
From what I remember he was pretty set on Hunter being for Beskar. I still feel it needs to be worth points too though or at least the mode should offer up the risk reward for great Beskar and points rewards the deeper in you go before cashing out. Totally understand the theme integration and reasons behind it but often if something isn’t worth much then there’s a group of players who will just ignore the mode and that’s a shame.
Xaqery can probably recall the conversation better than I and chim in on the points/Beskar discussion above regarding these modes.

Ambush is really cool task and idea with the lighting etc, its just not worth the trouble or risk at present.

Hunter on the other hand i disagree. It's probably the most lucrative achievement in the game. In order to get full 6x you need to have hunter nailed every time. Its the hardest pf x to acquire out of the 3. So hunter incidently creates huge pay days when you stack things right and have the 2 other pf x up and going. Once you start hunter you can also then start a multiball to help finish it. Harvesting big points requires hunter so consequently its worth a shit load to complete. Its one of the most important tasks in the game as is.

Dwight leave hunter as is and dont mess with it

#4962 3 months ago

From the Stern Mando Rule Sheet:

AMBUSH
This mini-wizard mode can be quite lucrative or it can award very little.
It is all about a value that can be locked in and then collected on the right ramp. You can build
the value and can keep it going as long as you want. Then you can collect it on the ramp when
you are ready

Once started, there are two stages: white and blue. It begins on the white stage.
During the white stage -
• The value is counting down and can be stopped (not collected) on the right scoop
(u-turn on the PRO).
○ Once shot the mode will move to the blue stage.
• All other shots except the right ramp will be lit white. Shooting any of them will add time
and points to the value counting down.
During the blue stage -
• The right ramp is lit to collect the value and end the mode.
• All other shots except the u-turn are lit blue.
• You have two options.
○ Collect the value on the ramp and end the mode.
○ Shoot any blue shot to add to the value and move back to the white stage where
the value will start counting down but can be increased.
The mode can be quick, 2 shots, or it can go on as long as you want.

SCORE POTENTIAL - Try to get the 2X RAMP targets going and as many playfield multipliers
going as possible before collecting AMBUSH.

So shooting the other shots before the right ramp will increase the value. So there is a risk - reward. I do not know the values you get per shot made.

#4963 3 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

AMBUSH
It is all about a value that can be locked in and then collected on the right ramp. You can build
the value and can keep it going as long as you want. Then you can collect it on the ramp when
you are ready

The use of the term "mini-wizard mode" here is funny. I believe Dwight uses the term for a mode that basically locks you out of all other things which actual mini-wizard modes tend to do but that isn't what makes them mini-wizard modes. If anything, Ambush is the complete opposite of a mini-wizard mode because you literally need to do NOTHING to qualify it because it is available only when nothing else is happening.

#4964 3 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

The use of the term "mini-wizard mode" here is funny. I believe Dwight uses the term for a mode that basically locks you out of all other things which actual mini-wizard modes tend to do but that isn't what makes them mini-wizard modes. If anything, Ambush is the complete opposite of a mini-wizard mode because you literally need to do NOTHING to qualify it because it is available only when nothing else is happening.

Good point. Basically a "side mode".

#4965 3 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

From the Stern Mando Rule Sheet:
AMBUSH
you are ready
Once started, there are two stages: white and blue. It begins on the white stage.
During the white stage -
• The value is counting down and can be stopped (not collected) on the right scoop
(u-turn on the PRO).
○ Once shot the mode will move to the blue stage.
• All other shots except the right ramp will be lit white. Shooting any of them will add time
and points to the value counting down.
During the blue stage -
• The right ramp is lit to collect the value and end the mode.
• All other shots except the u-turn are lit blue.
• You have two options.
○ Collect the value on the ramp and end the mode.
○ Shoot any blue shot to add to the value and move back to the white stage where
the value will start counting down but can be increased.
The mode can be quick, 2 shots, or it can go on as long as you want.
SCORE POTENTIAL - Try to get the 2X RAMP targets going and as many playfield multipliers
going as possible before collecting AMBUSH.
So shooting the other shots before the right ramp will increase the value. So there is a risk - reward. I do not know the values you get per shot made.

Thanks for posting but yeah again... the juice just isn't worth the squeeze. Your risk of losing your ball for the points up for grabs just isn't worth it. Comparitvely the mode is worth very little to other modes even if you risk building up the values.

#4966 3 months ago

My pro has the insider connect hardware and when I installed the current code it appeared to be capable of supporting it. When I tried to set it up it said the kit wasn’t installed. It’s there and appears to be installed correctly. Am I missing something?

#4967 3 months ago
Quoted from Fogdad:

My pro has the insider connect hardware and when I installed the current code it appeared to be capable of supporting it. When I tried to set it up it said the kit wasn’t installed. It’s there and appears to be installed correctly. Am I missing something?

Check the RJ45 seating on the node board and your reader. Also, make sure you have the coin door switch pulled out to allow PF power while setting it up.

#4968 3 months ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Check the RJ45 seating on the node board and your reader. Also, make sure you have the coin door switch pulled out to allow PF power while setting it up.

The 1.20 code supporting Insider Connect was released on the same day I received my Premium. After code update from 0.98 (I think?) it was shipped with, the behavior changed on this. If the door is open, it'll say there's no insider hardware, you can pull the door switch as Brandon says, or if you enter setup mode anyway and close the door, Insider HW will be recognized and you can continue setup using the flipper buttons

#4969 3 months ago

Does anyone know if half of the 750 LE machines went overseas?

#4970 3 months ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Does anyone know if half of the 750 LE machines went overseas?

Yes. Half of LEs always go overseas.

#4971 3 months ago

So this is my first pin and I'm still getting used to having a pin and working on it.

I see people say 6.5 level is a good level.

At 6.5 my bubble on the machine is a little below the middle line.

To get the machine bubble in the middle it puts the level at 7.5.

Is my bubble just off on the machine or am I over thinking this and should just go with what I feel is best for it?

#4972 3 months ago

Saw a couple options in gravity charges for the flashers but didn't love them. Finally snagged a set of four from a guy overseas. Ok.. awesome. SO much better. Also installed a shaker while I had the hood up.

20220514_123923 (resized).jpg20220514_123926 (resized).jpg20220514_124036 (resized).jpg20220514_124049 (resized).jpg
#4973 3 months ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:

So this is my first pin and I'm still getting used to having a pin and working on it.
I see people say 6.5 level is a good level.
At 6.5 my bubble on the machine is a little below the middle line.
To get the machine bubble in the middle it puts the level at 7.5.
Is my bubble just off on the machine or am I over thinking this and should just go with what I feel is best for it?

The bubble is notoriously off. Make sure you are measuring on the playfield itself near the flippers, not the glass. Go with whatever feels right though.

#4974 3 months ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Saw a couple options in gravity charges for the flashers but didn't love them. Finally snagged a set of four from a guy overseas. Ok.. awesome. SO much better. Also installed a shaker while I had the hood up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like your rubber color choices. Are these Titans or Pinball Life? And are your flipper rubbers a clear blue?

#4975 3 months ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I like your rubber color choices. Are these Titans or Pinball Life? And are your flipper rubbers a clear blue?

All titans.. and light blue. I used gray for the upper flipper..

#4976 3 months ago
Quoted from smokinhos:Saw a couple options in gravity charges for the flashers but didn't love them. Finally snagged a set of four from a guy overseas. Ok.. awesome. SO much better. Also installed a shaker while I had the hood up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice looking machine. The mirror blades are a great addition. With the rails, speaker light kit, foundry and other mods, I would say this one qualifies as a promium.

#4977 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

I spoke to Dwight a while back about the code and mentioned Ambush and Hunter need to be worth bigger points, otherwise they simply get ignored by tournament players as neither mode is really worth playing when it comes to points.
From what I remember he was pretty set on Hunter being for Beskar. I still feel it needs to be worth points too though or at least the mode should offer up the risk reward for great Beskar and points rewards the deeper in you go before cashing out. Totally understand the theme integration and reasons behind it but often if something isn’t worth much then there’s a group of players who will just ignore the mode and that’s a shame.
Xaqery can probably recall the conversation better than I and chim in on the points/Beskar discussion above regarding these modes.

+1, and in my opinion :

• The ambush mode levels order should be random, to better represent the unpredictable aspect of an ambush.
  • The missions sometimes lack sound FX and callouts from the scenes.
  • The foundry needs another special mode to add some magic.
  • Please add some HSTD.
#4978 3 months ago

Is a code update in the works?

#4979 3 months ago

Lower left GI doesn’t come back on after opening and closing the coin door. It does after a minute but that isn’t right. Thoughts? Hard to see in the photo but the right side is bright, left isn’t.

6BB0B37E-89EC-40A3-AB9E-9F09806793CE (resized).jpeg
#4980 3 months ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is a code update in the works?

I'm pretty sure of that, the Topper settings aren't visible yet.

#4981 3 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Lower left GI doesn’t come back on after opening and closing the coin door. It does after a minute but that isn’t right. Thoughts? Hard to see in the photo but the right side is bright, left isn’t.
[quoted image]

Think multiple people reported that as code error.

#4982 3 months ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Think multiple people reported that as code error.

That’s a relief. Had a node board go out on AIQ yesterday so that’s the last thing I need haha.

#4983 3 months ago

I created a topic for another mod for the Mandalorian. I just cant copy the link for it?? I am almost done with a center ramp replacement mod for it. The ramp will be $220 shipped to U.S. I used my segmented design that I used on Star Wars. If your interested in this mod please pm me as I am starting a list. I am almost done with it with only minor tweaks and playtesting in progress. I figured I would mention it here for owners to see it. Thanks for all the support with the rails..

I only had blued plates on hand, final will be non blued tempered steel. I also need to finish segments by upper transition.

A quick video of the prototype.

94B8E2AA-D223-4660-BB15-4B84A5D48335 (resized).jpeg26E95207-43C0-4619-811F-E83981FCD001 (resized).jpeg63038E34-B03A-48A7-9110-B93B9D8848A6 (resized).jpeg63AE593C-2675-4E34-8594-41C04D549C55 (resized).jpegD39C4D1A-A277-4E27-A60E-D57D0DCC1B76 (resized).jpeg248C35B7-9204-4E11-8A17-21679B3DC3F1 (resized).jpeg

034F1C24-D112-4A9B-A7A7-069CF23B1032 (resized).jpeg5E19F32C-2008-4729-83DB-12F195E9D051 (resized).jpeg
#4984 3 months ago

Holy shit how neat is that ramp!! Great work!

#4985 3 months ago

Comparison of the original diverter (early build) vs the newer one, sold by Marco Specialties and probably elsewhere. Full seam weld and slot/tab mating for the newer one:

PXL_20220515_201945582.jpgPXL_20220515_202023569.jpg

#4986 3 months ago

Last post over here. I ended up adding a Darksaber ramp on the right side. Some pictures and a better play video. Shameless cross promotion, please forgive me.
I am working on a lightsource under the sword that lights up on the flasher circuit, but you can see the potential.

A73AD6C2-3991-45DF-8FF1-E3054E271C65 (resized).jpeg248B8135-A8A9-4D3C-B494-E43C20A43795 (resized).jpeg29C54AC7-C0A4-4450-A461-06CEEA78FFAC (resized).jpeg6BB733B4-67D9-46ED-B30A-42A3CE63D9C2 (resized).jpeg73002E95-696C-45D4-88D0-1A81EC9B2EF8 (resized).jpeg9CF3DBE1-62E4-48C7-A001-37BF3D50A595 (resized).jpegD5E4261E-48F0-482E-903F-129A17B42CBE (resized).jpeg

D140B3F6-1F5C-4E35-93B6-FF2D309F6CDC (resized).jpegBEB4C5BA-2B4B-486A-94C4-2D966F522E43 (resized).jpeg
#4987 3 months ago

Nice job man, congrat !

#4988 3 months ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Last post over here. I ended up adding a Darksaber ramp on the right side. Some pictures and a better play video. Shameless cross promotion, please forgive me.
I am working on a lightsource under the sword that lights up on the flasher circuit, but you can see the potential.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

The ramp looks awesome, but I'm more impressed with you hitting it everytime with any of the flippers.

#4989 3 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

The ramp looks awesome, but I'm more impressed with you hitting it everytime with any of the flippers.

No skill involved. I playtest every set of wireforms I make for Mando (163) and disable the divertor and just keep shooting ramps to make sure they are adjusted for drops. I have 800 plus games on the machine and I really only “played” it about 50 times.

#4990 89 days ago

I've owned my Mando LE for a couple of weeks now, and have a couple of questions. Apologies if this stuff is common knowledge...

1) When I head up the left ramp for an encounter, all off the playfield lights go out other than the encounter lights in the upper playfield. If the ball drops back into the lower playfield, the lights stay off, as if I'm still in the encounter mode in the upper playfield. Is this a glitch, or how it's supposed to be?

2) After I've completed the first encounter (protect the child) and progress to the 2nd encounter (the jawas), the upper playfield tends to be rigid in the steepest position rather than moving up and down. Is this normal, or a glitch? It moves up and down during the protect the child encounter, but locks during all shots for the second.

Thanks for any advice.

#4991 89 days ago
Quoted from njvc:

I've owned my Mando LE for a couple of weeks now, and have a couple of questions. Apologies if this stuff is common knowledge...
1) When I head up the left ramp for an encounter, all off the playfield lights go out other than the encounter lights in the upper playfield. If the ball drops back into the lower playfield, the lights stay off, as if I'm still in the encounter mode in the upper playfield. Is this a glitch, or how it's supposed to be?
2) After I've completed the first encounter (protect the child) and progress to the 2nd encounter (the jawas), the upper playfield tends to be rigid in the steepest position rather than moving up and down. Is this normal, or a glitch? It moves up and down during the protect the child encounter, but locks during all shots for the second.
Thanks for any advice.

For #1, I think the ball is sometimes missing the switch on exit from the mini playfield, but others could chime in. I have no idea on #2.

#4992 89 days ago

I'm getting a Premium in the next run. Do I need to order the cliffy ramp protectors, or has Stern started putting their own on newer runs?

#4993 89 days ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I'm getting a Premium in the next run. Do I need to order the cliffy ramp protectors, or has Stern started putting their own on newer runs?

They did add ramp protectors, so technically not needed. My cliffy's just shipped and unless they are radically different/better I plan to leave the stock ones on. The foundry also has a protector from Stern. There isn't a shooter lane protector, mini-playfield exit protector from Stern.

#4994 89 days ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

They did add ramp protectors, so technically not needed. My cliffy's just shipped and unless they are radically different/better I plan to leave the stock ones on. The foundry also has a protector from Stern. There isn't a shooter lane protector, mini-playfield exit protector from Stern.

I assume all LE Models do not have the ramp protectors?

#4995 89 days ago

Wait, do new mandos have bigger ramp protectors now? They had shorter ones before. Anyone have a pic?

#4996 89 days ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Wait, do new mandos have bigger ramp protectors now? They had shorter ones before. Anyone have a pic?

Mines a march 2022 build.. maybe that’s the difference? I did turn down my flippers too. Here’s some quick pictures

82B6D046-6559-42C2-9649-6A05A92B5741 (resized).jpegF682D8B3-353C-4BCE-B638-62B1D8027CF3 (resized).jpeg
#4997 88 days ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Mines a march 2022 build.. maybe that’s the difference? I did turn down my flippers too. Here’s some quick pictures

These are shit and crack your ramp edge in under 30 plays. Get Cliffy's on order pronto.

#4998 88 days ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Your ramp is already cracked...you need some Cliffys mang.

#4999 88 days ago

Hi, i just ordered a Mandalorian Premium , i think is production of mars, i also need that Cliffys mod?
How can we see if we need it?

#5000 88 days ago

Do the Cliffy ones require you to drill your own holes in the ramps?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Fargo, ND
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 7.95
There are 5,706 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!