(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,426 posts
  • 797 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by wisefwumyogwave
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 425 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 338 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg
D552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpeg
Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg
20211004_170546 (resized).jpg
20210818_193825 (resized).jpg
20210910_195820_capture (resized).jpg
Bare Post Mando LE (resized).jpg
65893667-A247-4E6A-9CC3-677954BA59DD (resized).jpeg
39F87BE0-04DF-401E-B143-859B04F92E40 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7908 (resized).JPG
IMG_0676 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0685 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (5 months ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 months ago

In. Star wars pin = awesome. Better theme than back to the future

3 weeks later
#3280 5 months ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Friday 21st, 6pm cst. Deadflip. He’s so annoying but I guess that’s who sterns uses

Yup. They need to clean up the foul language in their streams. every other word is an f bomb

#3966 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Initial thoughts after watching the stream:
Great job with the video use in the game. Great clips
Music sounds very good too
Call outs are weak with only 1 person. They also don’t sound natural
Nice layout, looks packed but flows well.
Doll a complete waste
Art is solid
Upper PF looks like it plays like I thought - which is terrible and gimmicky. Two large flippers is over the top.
Pro is no doubt the way to go.

Agree. Static doll Is a horrible idea. Should have had grogu bash toy

2 weeks later
#4872 4 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

What color titans do you think should go on the flippers?

None. I feel like I never notice the color changes. I'm done doing them .

#4905 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

For me Superbands are a MUST. Not really about the colors but the way they play. They do pop with the colors but really feel they help with ball control, dead bounces, etc. Give them a try, you may dig them.

are they the same as titans? i got some red bands for deadpool, not sure where from. i did not like them. i felt like the slings had less bounce on them and were letting pinballs just rub against them without hitting them. putting back on the cheap black sling bands made a big difference.

#5096 4 months ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Mando will be setup and ready to play tonight at
Southland Lanes
6800 W 130th St,
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
Stop out and play open until midnight
[quoted image]

I'll be there tomorrow!

#5165 4 months ago

ok, honest opinion. i was luke warm on it. played only a few games. keep in mind i'm a big star wars fan. the lighting with the orange lights is nice, the effects with different colors on and off is a lot like turtles. the star ship looks better in person with the blinking lights and all vs. seeing it on a stream. the shots were ok and all. upper playfield...visible, decent gimmick. (i thought maybe the ramps might block some visibility, but that's not the case).

foundry was cool. i chose one power up to have the right lane save lit (i think its called "heal" in the game).

what i don't like...

grogu...toy does nothing. sort of unforgivable. we all knew that, but i still just don't get the decision not to have a bash toy of him or a toy in some way.

call outs--terrible. it's just bad acting and yelling. this makes Jurassic park voice call out acting seem light years ahead.

center shot leads to mb to easily. i already knew that from the streams. but it's just an easy shot.

the tv clips. i fell like game is just episode segments mish mashed in here to be one objective after another. i suppose you could say that on the star wars game too from a few years ago. but it's like they had to find a way to get them in, so 1 episode is this on the progression ladder, another segment is next, seems like that have little cohesion or anything to do with each other other than just showing some action seen from the show.

i'll be playing it again soon, and i realize code updates changes things. so we'll see.

#5181 4 months ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Is this game too similar to turtles?

no. i would say it's different. the lighting effects on and off are similar. shots are a lot easier in mando. vs. turtles

#5234 4 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

This is exactly what people want. Assets! Be careful what you wish for.

idk, i feel like there should be something more. maybe animations or some mini games. they need to involve Grogu more in this vs. a sitting doll. In star wars they had the falcon and asteroid mini game. Something like that might help to. I love star wars, but one concern I had when I heard of this game is that there is not much content, just 2 years of the show. The creators even said they didn't see any of the episodes early, they were putting them in after they saw them. so that leads up to a mish mash of episode clips into missions that don't exactly add up, they are just thrown into this game. For example, spider multi ball? Not sure why they made this a mutliball, it was one scene in, I think, the 2nd episode of season 2. Not much significance to the show.

#5252 4 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you watched the show - the mode plays fine. By this logic... why did the pirates multiball make it either, it was just one scene, etc.
And playing if you hear plenty of Grogo sounds and references to the child. He doesn't feel 'missing' in the game. He's cooing and he's on the orbit shots and callouts refer to him and the awards sequence all have him. It's a non-issue really. Oh and he's in the ball save animations too.

he should have been a bash toy. i don't like the over sized doll. i will have to play again and hear more of the game. i'm not a hater, as i recall star wars had a lot of stuff missing in it when it came out.

#5253 4 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I said I'd never buy a NIB pin... but I'm definitely getting in on a Mandalorian Premium. As of today, Cointaker is saying by October there will be plenty. I'm ok with the long runway... gives me time to move some crap.

i'm on their list too. they didn't get many pro's in. i think they all went to distributors.

#5279 4 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

Grogu should have been a bash toy?
How the hell does that make any sense?

it's the fun of pinball. it should have been something like the zombie in walking dead. or, he should move like dino raptor pit toy in jp. not much use having a doll do nothing is there?

#5285 4 months ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Why would you bash baby yoda?

why not? it's just a game.

#5286 4 months ago
Quoted from zaki:

why not? it's just a game.

they made groot into a bash toy in gotg. and everyone likes the trees creature.

#5306 4 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

And there was a whole discussion there as well that Groot's hands did not move. Discussion is putting it politely.

i love the gRoot toy. its still amazing how fast he launches the pinballs out of mouth. i was ok with the hands not moving.

#5320 4 months ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I understand the need for a huge baby yoda presence. I think the sculpt is quite nice even. But it does bother me that there is basically no integration.
I would have liked to see grogu close his eyes and rotate his hand enabling a TOM -ish magna save feature. Or if i could be greedy, I would have asked for a magnet that slowly drags the ball across the playfield.
I would have gladly given up the premium rotating mini playfield to get one of those.
But, none the less.... I'll buy one anyway.

i feel the same way. also, i'm wondering if they are going to kill off grogu on the show.

#5330 4 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

I thought that story arc was done and Mando's going to go off doing other things in S3?

i was just saying that to ruffle feathers. i'm thinking grogu might show back up, but a little older. maybe like a teenage frog.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside