(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1953 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It always cracks me up that people always seem to think new games are cobbled together from “leftover parts.” That’s not how it works. They make the parts for the games they build.
When was the last time we had a game this orange?! Looks cool to me. Burns like the tattooine suns.

Looks good to me too, and I love the orange-dominant artwork as it will definitely make the game "pop" in a lineup.

Based upon the vids, the game appears very promising and the Pro seems to contain a lot of value in terms of playfield content, but no one can really develop a truly informed opinion without seeing in-person and playing first so it's pointless to speculate further.

The "leftover parts" bromide that pops up from time to time is always amusing. Folks, use some common sense here: production of a new machine requires a steady supply of parts that can be inventoried and adjusted in real-time, and it would be impossible (and a terrible business decision) for a company the size of Stern to rely on overstocked "NOS" parts because there would almost certainly be manufacturing delays, resulting in lost $$$ and potentially negatively impacting production on other lines.

#2019 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup. Reusing an already designed part is definitely a thing, though. BM66 right ramp was used for both Deadpool ramps, I assume due to the post-Trudeau redesign time crunch.

Oh sure, reusing a prior DESIGN is a smart thing to do; no reason to go to the expense of reinventing the wheel if it is not necessary.

What Levi (I think) and I are referring to is the claim that they would rely on old stocks of surplus parts. I just cannot imagine them doing so for a title that is intended to be part of their regular production, due to the reasons in my prior post. Also, I am sure they make considerable efforts to tightly control the parts supply and scale it to production demands so as to avoid wasting $$ buying unnecessary parts and subsequently inventorying them. I could maybe see them doing this for a limited-run boutique/bespoke title.

#2053 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just total nonsense. Not how it works.

Yep, it's "not how it works" at ANY facility that manufactures complex durable goods at scale, pinball or otherwise.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

embarrassed this idiot is from Nashville

Take heart, given the significant growth in the area the odds are good that he is a transplant from somewhere else!

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You should honestly be banned for posting this crap. Nothing more than an attempt to get views on your channel.

Oh lighten up, he is just having a little fun with us on a forum ostensibly dedicated to fun; there’s nothing wrong with doing something absurd to shed light on absurdity, such as Pinsider neuroticism that fuels 2300+ posts (including mine) on a game no one has played yet.

A little levity was just what this thread needed, and I thought the stunt was well-played. I mean, it was obviously a nonsense post but I still couldn’t resist taking the bait and had a good laugh at myself as soon as I clicked. If he padded his view count, then good on him for being clever enough to fool us into watching!

#2753 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

More likely the bride's parents questioned their daughter's judgment for getting engaged to a guy with such poor decision-making. Paying that much for Mando LE is hilariously stupid. Same thing I told Nic and Brooke over text when they sent their $14,999 price gouge to folks on The Pinball Company's "interested in an LE" list. People like this hurt the pinball gene pool and we'd be better without them.

Quoted from Xelz:

Oddly, I contacted The Pinball Company early this year to pre-order a Deadpool premium and they told me Stern wouldn't be producing them anymore, which I knew was wrong because multiple other distributors told me about the planned April/May production run. So I pre-ordered from a different distributor. Now The Pinball Company has Deadpool premiums available for sale... at over $1K what the other distributor charged me.
I'm new to this hobby and starting the learn the reputation of different distributors. Now I know to avoid The Pinball Company in the future.

I don’t know what happened to them, they used to be great.

I bought two NIB games from them in ‘14-15 (separate transactions), and at that time they were great to deal with and didn’t come anywhere close to price gouging; they posted prices at or below MSRP and would “deal” further, and were pleasant to interact with. I had a shipping issue with one of them and Brooke profusely apologized (not their fault), got it resolved immediately, then refunded a small amount of the purchase price for my trouble. At the time, I thought I had found one of the best distributors around...

Then I called them in late ‘18 ready to buy, and Nic treated me like I was wasting his time - very rude and abrasive, and I was really taken aback. It was also around this time that I noticed them beginning to post NIB games above MSRP and inflating used prices to laughably stratospheric levels (though I must give them credit for at least not raising the price on that NIB Jetsons machine they have been sitting on for at least 4 years, lol). I have also seen a few posts here and there over the past couple of years with similar experiences as mine.

For what it’s worth, I have had great experiences buying from GEX, LSOG, Cointaker, and Hemispheres, and I would have no reservations about doing business with Automated/pinballs.com or PinballStar in the future (I have interacted with both, but not bought anything; they were very pleasant, have a good reputation, and I have a strong impression they’re reliable and ethical.)

3 weeks later
#4943 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hearing Stern has a supply problem with LCD screens.

This is entirely plausible.

I have a friend who works in an unrelated industry and was recently tasked with modifying several product designs due to shortages of LCD panels. The smaller ones used in industrial and commercial applications seem to be in particularly short supply.

Perhaps this would be a good time for Stern to build a couple of VEs (assuming there is no shortage of DMDs); they need to keep the lines moving, so why not fill the time with some LOTR and Tron?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.