(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5994 2 years ago

What was JP when it first hit the list?

#6009 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Well the Pro always gets ratings like, “great game, lots of fun: 6.8”. The LE just gets a 10 from every owner.
The top 100 is meaningless, especially with how great the art, sound, lights, and theme are now.

I wouldn’t say it’s meaningless. To new ppl coming into pinball it means a lot to them.

#6014 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

That’s actually my point, new people to the hobby are anchored by it. Wanting to only own games in the top 20 and not understanding how games got their rating and there could be something they may enjoy more, that’s not even in the top 100.
The Top 100 is a fun curiosity with a series of design flaws in weighting, eras, model division, etc. I really enjoy NASCAR and I don’t think it’s in the top 200 but I like it more than pins in the top 20.

Yeah. It’s fun to watch tho. As a Prem owner def want to see it on the top 25 vs under 100. Def a prob if that’s the case.

Hopefully the averaging algorithm drops the high and low scores.

#6096 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah You might want to get over yourself thinking most people are stern haters and try not to take it so personal. There’s very few people who stoop so low to try to skew ratings, I mean who actually does that…oh hey look at your ratings, I guess you’re one of them. Shame shame. Hahahaha

Shame. Agreed

#6149 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Dayum diddy, now this mod I like!!! Would definitely be interested in this mod once it gets painted and textured. Put me down for one brutha.
Still contemplating the Beskar mod. Do you have an updated photo of the finished product? Also reason I ask is because I’m going to somehow mount one of those X-wing miniatures Tie Fighter above the spinner to the left of that scoop and I don’t want it to look too cluttered, but I really like your mod because it sets up the shot well.

X-wing miniature Tie Fighter?!? I gotta see it

#6156 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Yep. The tie fighter is the perfect size.
The Slave One ship…..um….I mean Boba Fett Starship
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"f1cd179d552a8efc75ece9e1191ba8ca4ed22aa2-1625929703-1800"};
//]]>

is going to be placed near the large support post near the right ramp to help cover it. Both of them are really detailed.
Now just waiting on my Mando premium.[quoted image][quoted image]

Brilliant!

#6221 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If The Shadow is TS, The Mandalorian could be TM I guess but that is Time Machine. TMN? or Mando works...

MDO seems like a good fit. Sounds like mando.

#6420 2 years ago

First prem sighting. CP pinball. Upper playfield is a bute!

B5F6FE90-5BCF-4F78-9EFC-7A25C9DF951E (resized).jpegB5F6FE90-5BCF-4F78-9EFC-7A25C9DF951E (resized).jpegE168E717-2D34-46A5-A965-F64B23BA8142 (resized).jpegE168E717-2D34-46A5-A965-F64B23BA8142 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6688 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I'm on the fence about it. It's fun but it's such a small area even while trapping balls. I find it pretty difficult and it moves very quickly of course even though I have turned down the flipper strength a bit.

How about compared to “the power” on twilight? Less or more random?

#6703 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Thanks! It was actually only an hour. I was hesitant to say that in the same post as my negative comment about the upper PF, to avoid the yOu DiDnT pLaY iT eNoUgH crowd.

You didn’t play it enough.

2 weeks later
#6975 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Regarding upper playfield.
I spent about 20 games focusing on the upper playfield. I can now make it to the third set almost every game. Dont mess with the flipper power. Just practice playing up there. Its actually easy for me to hit the targets accurately until the playfield is at its max pitch now. That left most target causes me some grief.
I love playing the encounters and shocking people by the scores you can get up there.
I try to have the first set of encounters done before I start my first mode or mb.
[quoted image]

Maybe add a post to it?

#6977 2 years ago

A metal post with a rubber. Right between the flippers. Although it was a joke. I seem to recall seeing machines with this at some point but not finding any off hand.

4 weeks later
#7278 2 years ago

Had a blast recently with the upper playfield on an LE on route. Didn’t like it too much (the UPF) until I got it going this first time and now can’t wait to try it again.

I really like how the angle changes as you make progress. Very dynamic experience. But until you get to that point I can see how it would frustrate ppl.

1 week later
#7297 2 years ago

Been following this thread for a few months and finally got my Premium. Loving so far, maybe not as much as JP but the family/kids def likes it better than JP

Within the first 25 plays my left scoop (foundry) sensor kind of fell apart to the point where the ball wasn't hitting it and therefore not ejecting. I had to screw one of the tiny black screws back in as it completely fell out. Just a heads up in case anyone else has that issue. Easy fix.

I'm having a lot of SDTM drains when the ball doesn't go all the way around the top loop on a left flipper hold (...using the center button to launch the ball FWIW). It kind of bounces in the child area and then SDTM. I recall a couple recommendations on SDTM fix out of the child area but can't seem to find them. Any advice?

Also any advice on addressing the ball not going all the way around the loop on the left flipper hold?

Thx all, Mondo FTW!

#7314 2 years ago

Just hit a week in on mando. Find it quite buggy, specifically the upper playfield on the prem. About 20% that I’m up there it’s essentially inactive. Love the feature; it’s just a huge letdown to be in the playfield and it doesn’t count.

Otherwise am def enjoying it. Just keep wondering; wen new code

Also starting to enjoy co-op bits it’s way too inconsistent.

In general, my trust level on this machine is low. Is this normal for a stern .97? Should I have hope and patience?

I think this game could be stellar by 1.0+ so happily standing by in the meantime.

1 week later
#7336 2 years ago

Lermods animated grogu is great. It moved too fast for my tastes but it has a volt meter adjustment (inside the box, 1/4 turn with a micro screwdriver, green board) to slow it down to the movement speed of your choice.

Video at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7800wf0u6t1rwnw/Video%20Sep%2028%2C%207%2034%2040%20PM.mov?dl=0

A2D36A58-96D3-46D5-BFBD-7766C19A04DA (resized).jpegA2D36A58-96D3-46D5-BFBD-7766C19A04DA (resized).jpeg
#7348 2 years ago

Is anyone else seeing the extra ball after mission 1 is gone on .98?

#7355 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Maybe you lost your setting? The extra ball mission number complete is a setting.

It’s still set to auto which was 1 mission for the previous code version. All my settings retained.

#7360 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I hate auto anything when it comes to settings. I set extra ball to after mission 1. Auto settings can throw off your strategy.

There is no 1. Only auto, off, 2, etc.

#7364 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Oops must be 2. Whatever it starts at before it auto increases.

I see. Thx! I swear I had it on auto before but will try 2.

2 months later
#7481 2 years ago

Was super excited to read the 1.0 update. Then I read it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=rob3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.