(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, I have never done this before...committing to buying a game without having seen it much...

last (and first !!!) time i've done this was for TRON LE... was finally a very good experience

1 week later
#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A JJP standard would be equal to a Stern Premium...

where do you set API ? as for example Houdini, more than loaded for sure

#1070 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Oh, it's just become a catfight between French nationals, lol
[quoted image]

can i put my 2 cents between these guy ? Belgium always been so close to France... (lol inside of course)

#1077 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Ne ramenes pas ta fraise toi, sinon j’ai un stock de blague qui devrait te plaire

même pas peur...

#1084 2 years ago

a mandoglorian !?

#1997 2 years ago

687 new posts since my yesterday last visit... i suspect new back to the future pinball has been anounced

1 week later
#3756 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I’ll be recording local to upload this broadcast to YouTube as soon as the stream is over!

perfect ! as some of us are becoming old (starting with me), and 1 or 2 in the night (Belgium) will be a bit too much (to not fall asleep before lol)

#4077 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

... Sure he could have had flashing lights dancing girls and hot pants which is great...

well, this is not good for your heart Neil...

#4445 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

... I don't want to shoot static Tie Fighters on the screen with the action button.

that's perfectly where you didnt understand it : this few seconds of action in SW was not made to gift you some easy TF... the purpose is to make you remove hands from the flippers buttons (and lose the ball !!!)

if you're good enough, and/or with practice, you can deal with it most of the time
but than, when i have "lambda" players on my SW, i can see it with no doubt : the fact is these guys are quite always losing the ball

#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah...what makes you think I didn't know the purpose of it? I just don't think it's incorporating the story in the ruleset well.

and i can understand that

#4588 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Still really, really liking that PRO at the end. It's packing a lot for so much less $$. And the graphics are totally on par with the two other models. For some games, it's preferable to get at least the Premium. But from what I've seen so far, the PRO holds its own.
[quoted image]

+1

waiting to see/test/play it
and to be honest, i'm even not sure the mini PF (area) will be less "fun" on the PRO than the moving one...

#4610 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Did you happen to listen to the Dwight and Eddie interview on Super awesome pinball show? https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/19099136
Jump alittle over half way is when Dwights part starts and Dwight talks about the differences of the two minis.

no... simply because being not english native, its hard to follow these kind of talkshow, even more if its Dwight talking (quickly)
but will soon see the pin with JD, and later test it, the best way to really know

anyway, tanx for the link, will give it a try

#4763 2 years ago

just to say :

the "you've missed everything" call out is already in T3 (Dwight again)
as its said from Arnold, is this an easter egg while they are each 2 in PREDATOR !?

1 week later
#5036 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Then it should be game of the year...

Mando & Roses !!!???

#5051 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Tommy's twitch channel is: https://www.twitch.tv/thisflippinpodcast
I assume it'll be there? Nothing live yet.

its on

1 week later
#5459 2 years ago

watching streams, i still feel this is/will be a good game, my only complain (as lots of others) is that center ramp shot to go for multiball seems way to easy as it, really needs more spice in there

#5557 2 years ago

could last 2 pins pics be from the same "accident" !? i see serials 318215 & 318206...

#5590 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

LIVE - BANNER GIVEAWAY - DWIGHT IN STUDIO
twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball
[quoted image]

please please please, can you (not as a bad joke) really ask Dwight if yes or no, he will polish the Munsters code
simply because i really want to grab one, but...

tanx (even if you dont ask him lol)

#5597 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

RipleYYY I’m almost positive Dwight answered this and said the code is finished and there are no plans to go back.

yes, +/- as he said years ago, when talking about GB...

ok than, back to Mando

#5617 2 years ago

as said above, dont feel Mando is deep
and yes it remind me SW (same coder of course) which is also not really deep (but its just perfect as it)

#5621 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What do you think a deep game is if Star Wars isn't deep? Tons of modes and multiballs in that.

lord, simpsons, oktoberfest, hobbit (which i dont know well), ...
now we may not all have same feeling about "deep" in pinball

SW than :
16 modes (4x4 planets), but few already completed at start, depending on who you choose
win the multiball planet (should we consider this as mini wizard !?) and you get the vicory lap
complete the back lanes to enable hyperspace
complete drops to reach light saber
complete combo/white hurry up to get boba fett
than you also have a videomode
and a classic multiball (t-fighter)
finally the Emperor as the wizard mode
lets forget the multiplicators here, as its not something as a mode to do/complete

and now, think as you want, but there's nothing more than that in SW (which, again, its enough & a very good mix as it in this game)

#5655 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Good one. Now as far as really deep games coded by Dwight go, we can’t leave out Munsters incredible depth:
1. Achieve Munster Madness.
2. (Repeat 3 times)

lol...

meanwhile, i must admit i had fun playing Munsters when i meet one
sometimes, simple is not bad
in the overall idea, and the "not deep code", can i compare Munsters with Iron Man (this one being of course much harder) ?

#5713 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

The shaker is great! Dwight knows how to code a shaker very well.

heu...

(fun/joke inside !!!)

#5801 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Ok I’m still having issues any ball returning to the flippers from the left orbit goes straight down the middle
Game is fully level.
Im 99% sure my ball guide is off from the factory but want to check before adjusting.
Here is a photo it’s following metal ball guide then hitting black post. Right side the guide sticks out much further then the black post. Is anyone else’s game set up like this or is your ball guide pushed slightly towards the center of play field?
[quoted image]

yes for sure...

on JD streams, ball was perfectly running along the left side/sling, on the left flipper...
on the german "Johannes" stream, quiet same as you, small rebound there, than ball was deviate on the right flipper...

easy tweak

#5862 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

... libation...

for everybody !

#5874 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s really too bad they can’t put games on test for a month like they used to and get real field results and make fixes before games went to production.
They’d be podcasted out of existence today.

yep, that would be the dream job for lots of us, play-testing all day pins, pushing them to the limit...
does i have to understand that this is no more the case ?

#5889 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Games used to sit in a dive bar for a month or so in Chicago to see how they earned/held up. Obviously they can't do that any more with 500 amateur Kanedas running around with cameras and youtube channels. This practice ended in the early 2000s.

ok

#5914 2 years ago

ok, but who "win" !?

1 week later
#6162 2 years ago

from his cousin pinball...

1 (resized).jpeg1 (resized).jpeg

#6166 2 years ago

@to you guys

30 pics : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ec6nihae3i1nlwo/AAAKN8t1W7FG_PItzIfJP2zea?dl=0
30 more : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cu0oq8f72ilww3b/AACFthFcrju_k88q1XdEkYG4a?dl=0
last ones : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hz17onh2b9fvudt/AABvq4Z6HQcT_rTKXCxF2z8Ka?dl=0

and sorry, can reply more as its was already there from a previous owner (tribute to you Bjorn)

edit : he's member here, but long time not seen... may be you can PM him, he's a nice guy >>> Brandaris

1 month later
#7082 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Found this sticker loose in my Pro cabinet. Anyone know where it's supposed to be?
[quoted image]

look for plastics in the manuel, n° 02...

#7100 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Haha...I'll admit it wasn't necessarily a smoking deal but the price started with a 5...good enough.

you (from USA) are lucky guys...
full of sarcasm of course, as here (west europe), next container should have PRO starting with a 7...

#7104 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

You getting a Mando Pro? If so, I look forward to your obscenely high scores! Lol

no not now for Mando, its too early (better waiting a mature code)...
mainly it will be Iron Man or Hotwheels

4 months later
#7504 2 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I've got an LE and just started playing it. Got around 20 games or so and then started to get this happening when hitting a flipper:

Any idea what switch might be going off? Pretty sure I'm not supposed to be cranking up the beskar by hitting the flipper buttons!

1st thing to check is : a too sensible switch

1 year later
#7616 6 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Been getting about an hour in on this thing at the company office once a month. Really enjoying the game. Finally got to "I like those odds" and put up a GC score. Trying to figure out how to get through all the modes. I think I could probably do all the Razor Crest modes in a game if I put my mind to it, and I know I could do all the Missions (since I just did), but I've never finished more than one "encounter" on the upper playfield. Obviously you have to do all 3 to get to the "This is the way" final wizard mode. Any tips for getting through all the missions?
Great and underrated game IMO.
[quoted image]

well, the "play better" remain the only way...
but i must admit that the "upper" PF is (to me) way harder on PREM/LE than on the PRO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 22.95
4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=ripleyyy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.