(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

If it's a good game with neat mechs I might consider getting a pro.

Pros don’t have neat mechs. You’ll want a Prem.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Not to derail the thread but what is it about LZ that is so disappointing?

Everything?

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Nah I rather save the money with the pro. I only ever bought four premium/LE games so far while in the hobby.

LOL you don’t even know what the features are yet.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Of course we do.
Three pops in the upper right corner.
Giant Bounty Hunter Head with mouth that opens.
Baby Yoda on a spring.

LOL, ok....but nah.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I never knew a thing about the Avengers and thought it was based on a movie this whole time. Still don't really know what it is but I like the game a lot.

I get that not everyone follows everything - but for real, were you never a kid? How can you not know Hulk, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, etc? Marvel characters have been around for decades in various forms of media.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I watch NFL football

I’ve never watched a football game in my life - but I’m aware of what it is. I can sing the Super Bowl Shuffle lol. Some things are just “in the air”, even if you don’t care about them.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah, never thought I’d say this but I’m getting SW burnout. Just too much marketing, news drama and just plain overexposure.
My 12 year old self heard me say this he’d bitch slap me.

If it turns out to be a great game, you’ll flip positions. The drama doesn’t matter. It’ll either be cool/fun or not.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If Stern is going to make a pinball machine based on a TV show series that still has many seasons left and only had like two seasons under its belt it better have the capability of upgrading the code to newer seasons with new voice overs and crap.

Once again, it’s a game, not a full series box set. There’s more than enough content, action, quests, characters and story in the existing seasons to create a pinball ruleset & modes for a game that will last 5-10 minutes.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The second season came out just last October, that doesn't really sound like enough time to have the 2nd season represented in the game but who knows. I don't see Disney giving Stern details about the second season months prior but who knows.

Code/rules come very late in a game’s production. You can make any rules and content once a physical design is done...usually inserts are vague enough to go along with any rules you want to create. The game will have both seasons worth of content/story.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Kaneda has said he thinks the game will be based on season 1, not season 2

He's wrong.

Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m 47 and grew up on Star Wars. I love Star Wars, but the original Trilogy. I don’t have the same love for anything past that. In fact, I’ve never even watched the Madolorian.

If you love the original Trilogy, ignoring Mando is truly your loss. I bet you'd really enjoy it. Give it a go.

Quoted from Krupps4:

It’s just that I bet a lot of buyers that are of my vintage (which are most buyers) feel the same.

Don't project your experience onto others...Mando is huge, fans of old school SW love it. Kids love it. Families are enjoy it together.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

dood i was just like you - but bored I watched ep 1 - didn't stop, me and the whole family LOVE it and most of my family don't like Star Wars.

I don't care for SW at all, and I enjoy Mandalorian. It's just fun and well done....and the music sticks in your head!

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just got a note from a buddy. He got a call from his distributor that their allotment for LEs was way down this time, and that it was "The Mandalorian".
Take it for what its worth.,,

No shame in chilling out, seeing how it is, and getting a Premium (or Pro) after the reveal and hype dies down.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

For me its In if Season 2 is in and Out if its not. Anyone heard if Season 2 would be included? It would be dumb if just Season 1 was the game.

In.

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Dead right. LEs are gimmick just to get scrape in more cash. I can see why they do it but it sucks.

It's literally the only way they keep the factory moving & stay in business.

LE guarantees they can build & sell 500-800 machines at a way higher profit margin before anyone even has a chance to play it. If the LE model didn't exist, people would just wait and see. LE allows them to immediately profit on the project. If they only sold the LEs and no one bought the Prem/Pro...they'd be fine...but then if people like the game and Prems/Pros continue to sell for years, that's just gravy.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Any word on the designer, could it be one of Keith's??

Brian Eddy.

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Brian Eddys last game was based on an even more popular show and it completely bombed at release.

Popular show vs. Star Wars. Two different beasts entirely. People like Stranger Things (the show), but don't feel compelled to buy merch to commemorate their enjoyment of it...Star Wars, though? Millions of fans screaming "TAKE MY MONEY"

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What abbreviation are we using for Mando?
TM is already taken for Time Machine?

Mando's good. We could do something stupid like SWTM, but it's only 1 less letter than Mando, so why bother.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Is it weird that Zen is doing their version at the same time? Is there any chance they are similar or related? I don't know how Zen operates but I have to imagine they are kind of barking up the same tree right?

Zero relation or similarity. Zen does a lot of their own versions of the same themes real pinball makers use. Marvel, Star Wars, Jurassic, Alien, Family Guy. Zen's always suck. There's no back and forth between their silly video games and real pinball.

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I could use a little at-st action in this game , maybe a slightly obese boba fett somewhere in there too .

Aw, poor Blobba Fatt

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Curious about this one...Who's the designer? Do we know?

Yes, we've known forever & it's been stated many times. Brian Eddy.

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If Stern really feels they have big one here, it has to be Lyman on code. No one else would make sense.

Actually it’s the opposite. This theme would sell huge even if Jpop’s Starbucks cup was coding it. Most buyers, especially in this new bonkers market, have no idea who designers & programmers are. They don’t care. They see shiny new game with theme they want. Sold.

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlady:

Old Town Pinball is taking reservations for Mando pro and prem if you are interested.

I get blind buying the LE, since you risk missing out...but why not wait on Pro/Prem? See it or play it first. No rush.

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Even Bill Brandes is buying 2 MandoLE's to flip like GnR CE and he is a millionaire.

Bill gotta eat.

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Pumped for this game... honestly I have no interest in bttf. 1st movie is fine I suppose. I get its now a cult classic and its aged fine.

Cult classic? It’s a perfect film, highly mainstream & widely beloved.

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m curious (hope) there will be some character selection like we’ve seen before SW, GoT etc.
I know this is somewhat gimmicky and probably tournament players don’t like it but it’s kind of fun to me.

Ugh, hate it. Won’t fit this theme either. The player will be Mando, you’ll be hunting his bounties, protecting the child, etc.

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

lol thanks for spoiling the show dude, what the actual fuck

It happened 4 months ago....at this point, it's kinda on you.

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Really hoping that they got the shows main theme song in the license.

They did.

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Saw this on my local Facebook group. Does anyone know anything about this auction?
[quoted image]

A Pro?! C’mon, do a Prem at least for that charity cash!

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Isn't there a list somewhere of all the numbers?

Most are 500. Avatar was 250. Rolling Stones was 350. Tron 400. Some were split between two variations. AC/DC had 200 LTBR & 300 BIB. Avengers had 250 Hulk & 250 “Blue”.

Look up any LE game on IPDB to see the numbers.

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

750 units is not limited in my book.

Literally anything produced with a designated number of units is limited.

#965 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

So you heard it here people. Buy now!! It's only 10k...we haven't seen it but it's awesome!!! send money now! Ahhh, Kaneda....Stern owes you money bro

Normally 500 is the "magic FOMO" number to get people to buy something they might not even want THAT bad....but in this case - with the crazy frothing market the way it is & the love for this theme, I think they could even get away with doing 1000 LEs. If the goal of LEs is to get 500 guaranteed sales, I think they'd still get that EASY, day 1, even if they did 1000...and I think the rest would easily sell within a month, maybe less. That's just this title & moment in time...I don't think they could get away with it on every LE in the future.

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well if Kaneda tells them to buy all 1000 I'm sure they will....lol. this is just fun to watch.
Fabricated FOMO

Every pinball "LE" is fabricated FOMO...that's the point. Marketing = people spending extra money without playing the game...it's kept Stern in business. I'm fine with waiting to see how I feel about it & then just getting a Premium if it's awesome. Everyone wins.

#971 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. They had half sold on day one. May want to check your facts.

Also, JJP's "Limited" is different than Sterns. JJP is more like "Limited to...". If a JJP LE is 5000, they're just saying "at most we'll make 5000 & then we're done". They might not even get that high, but they're just letting you know what the maximum machines of the run will be....and of course we know that if they do sell through that number, they can go ahead and make a variant & sell whatever number of those they feel like.

So, if all 5000 GnRs sell through...would not shock me if they did a "1000 Slash LE Encore Editions" or some shit.

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Are there any rumours on what the table has? Upper playfield and....

Tables have 4 legs & sometimes have food on top.

#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Dear Stern
Please don’t strip the Pro like the Jawas stripped the RazorCrest.
Sincerely,
The entire Galaxy from far, far away

LOL, it's a Pro...that's the point. Cheaper & has all the goodies taken out.

Buy a Premium if you want the full experience.

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Something is missing from this thread
[quoted image]

What does an X-men character have to do with Mando?

#1279 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Because I want one now (I might die soon) and the Pro is always best. Every time.....

Bros before Pros.

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

.So we know the game has a drop ramp like Stranger Things,

This has been misinterpreted. No drop ramp.

#1421 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I bet the baby yoda hand is like the houdini ball launch into the chest, but instead is a Vuk/catapult under baby yodas hand and it shoots the ball up and his hand is magnetic which catches it. That can lock a ball.

Have you ever seen a magnet toy that wasn’t a big core? There’s no magnet in his hand.

#1438 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Pinball Magic wand

Touché....but from Stern?

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

You would think they gotta up their game eventually, particularly after GNR.

Aside from lots of blinky blinky, what exactly is in GNR that upped the game?

#1515 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

That looks like a vertical upper playfield to me. If so, that sucks. Like I've always said, the Pro is always the best. Every time....

Pros R 4 Hoes

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Bill Burr. Bill fucking Burr. I bet he'd have a great jackpot callout.

He’s on the art package. Hopefully on the LCD/in modes as well.

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Where? Insider info or am I simply blind to miss him on the super-fuzzy photo?

You’ll see tomorrow.

#1752 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Forget LE - price is not worth it.

...but how are you gonna look at yourself and say “I’m an awesome dude who paid a flipper distro $14k!!” without a mirrored backglass?

#1766 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

However I didn't catch Bill Burr in the art package on any of the 3 versions... can anyone confirm?

Alrighty, but only cuz you love Bill Burr so much.

45A182CB-033C-4A3F-A55B-5D3E816C2DA4 (resized).jpeg45A182CB-033C-4A3F-A55B-5D3E816C2DA4 (resized).jpeg6BE690E5-E3FD-48F0-96DB-9EA7BFB721C0 (resized).jpeg6BE690E5-E3FD-48F0-96DB-9EA7BFB721C0 (resized).jpeg
#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So 5 main modes from the show, across two seasons of content, and that's it?

How many times do I have to tell you, it’s a pinball machine, not a complete show. LOTR has 7 modes for 9 hours or movie. It’s pinball.

That being said, the mode inserts don’t have text on them. So there might be more modes, but you only have to do 5 from a stockpile of more to get to that mini wiz mode.

#1972 2 years ago
Quoted from scooter75:

it doesnt matter what your leanings are. She was a huge part of the show. Now non existent.

Turn on Diz+. She's still in the show. Literally exists.

#1973 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

a divertor molded like a helicopter

That's the Turtle Blimp (tm) Glider (tm), bro

#2688 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Smog on your Hobbit is really a stationary figure too, but yet you like it.

I don’t think “stationary” means what you think it does. Smaug is an animated character. He turns, his mouth can open to various programmable degrees & is synched to his speech, and his eyes & mouth can light up with various effects. There’s nothing stationary about it.

#2749 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Here is the guy who bought the 16k Mando LE. Now he needs to sell. [quoted image]

Delicious. I hope he has to sell it for MSRP lol

#2785 2 years ago

Can anyone think of a game that has a large plastic crossover? I’m drawing a blank.

#2799 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Gameshow, Nitro, CFTBL?, Diner..(sort o f)

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Who Dunnit. The worst offender.

These either have interesting cohesive concepts for the plastic or the plastic is more near the back. This one seems really weird, being close to the player & a really long path to the inlane/flipper.

1 month later
#6192 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I set up my LE today and I will say there’s absolutely no comparison to the pro. Pro is a fun game no doubt but the Pre/LE upper pf, ambush scoop and wireforms take it to another level.

Thanks for having us over to play!

I had a really good first impression of it. I haven’t generally been into Dwight’s games, but I think this one really balances approachability & depth really well. Shots, flow and combos felt really nice - although there are a few things that I hope can be dialed in, like some fast shots that bounce a bit on the exit rather than a predictable path to the flipper. The shots that lead the ball to exit down the middle are a bit obnoxious, as it was 90% STDM. Feels like there should be an Avatar spring somewhere there to keep that from happening.

The moving Mando head playfield is really cool. The shifting gravity & physics keep you on your toes, and it’s really addicting to keep trying to get it back up there to complete Encounters. The multiball that uses the upper playfield is awesome.

Another unexpected feature was the ability to control the Grogu magnet with the flippers & the choreographed shaker FX. Really feels like the machine is being controlled by The Force.

Sound & music are incredible. Custom callouts are great. I feel like it could still use some more voice clips from the show, but in some places that’s definitely used well. I was in a Darth Chicken mode, and every time you made shots, he was saying stuff in that very distinctive voice.

LE is gorgeous. The armor is super smooth and feels great. The mirrored backglass is one of the best I’ve seen. So much mirroring instead of just a few bits or lines. Congrats to you LE peeps getting your games right now. Enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (OBO)
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

9,900 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.