(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

She is terribly thicc......in the head

Yeah she's a real outlier there. Hollywood actors and actresses are usually such sage philosophers in their spare time.

#502 2 years ago

I'm looking forward to more details. I'm also hoping it turns out not to be Dwight on code - not for the normal hater reasons, but just so we get something completely different code-wise than the existing SW. Not that he isn't capable of variety, and I've come to really like SW now owning one, but... I hope Eddy has an exciting fresh design, excited to see what they've done.

#1411 2 years ago

Yeah right, that has at least 3 distinct toys/sculpts - zero chance it's real. You gotta go SLE tier to get 3 whole toys noobs!! And not a single shrinky-dink?? Spff.

#2397 2 years ago

Hmm, overall I'm fairly impressed.

Lot of cool shots and a unique layout overall imo. I think it's very interesting that even with the mini playfield tucked in the corner it has all the standard shots and features you'd expect crammed in. Kudos to Stern and Eddy there, even the Pro is packed and it feels to me like the upgrades to the Premium are just that, upgrades, and not crippling of the Pro by removing spinners and cheap shit just to screw over the Pro buyer.

Looking forward to gameplay vids. Everyone has been quick to slam it but honestly the Pro mini playfield looks more interesting than the dual flipper Prem tilting version to me - despite the extra features. Seems they intend to block draining at least briefly with the tilting model and dual flippers looks like just a flip-as-fast-as-you-can frenzy. Perhaps I'm wrong but the Pro looks like it MIGHT play more deliberately, will give you the opportunity to nudge the ball off that rubber on the left side and require some skill to keep the ball "up top". Reminds me of Swords of Fury in that regard - though yeah, drop targets for the win... The tilting function could easily end up a huge game killer feature depending on how that works out and is coded. Can't wait to see more.

And who cares about the figurine - at least it looks decent and isn't a friggin flat plastic Shrinky-Dink with Grogu's image printed on like we've OFTEN gotten on machines. This is a good looking custom sculpt. The premiums magnet will give some illusion of interactivity at least there to imo. They've majorly cheaped out on figures/sculpts in the past

And I really like the look of that swinging Razorcrest target - something fairly unique again even if it's simple, with what looks like a pretty sweet model of the ship - here's hoping it feels satisfying to shoot. If the size of the ship vs target ratio is too much for you, I'm sure there are any number of larger models you could substitute.

Anyway, kudos to the team - I'm thinking very seriously about a Pro...

#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Well the ball goes under him so it doesn't necessarily take away space for game play. I think 99% us can agree it should have done something however.

I would agree - though it seems pretty efficient use of the space to me. There is an orbit, a controlled post, a magnet/themed lanes, and a ramp with another controlled gate (I believe) all snaking under/around that Grogu figure. I'm not seeing an issue other than I don't want to stare at the green baby the whole time, but whatever...

I'm not so sure it'll be easy to replace that Grogu sculpt either, I think it's largely hollow and looks pretty tightly integrated and cutout for the surrounding components and ramp, etc.

#2767 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

while i actually think the game looks interesting...that whole portion is...boring. I flip flippers to move the dot...done on EVERY game since it was invented. 3 or 5..really doesn't make a difference. I will say..i suppose it will depend on how exactly that magnet is utilized.

Looked to me like there was no flipper-controlled lane change function. Unless I missed it it on videos. Anyone see otherwise?

Edit - well they do look to move on at least a few video clips, guess it remains to be seen if they are directly flipper controlled or tied to some other switch hit event(s).

#3384 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In Dwight's Super Awesome Pinball show interview, he talked about using different steepness positions at different times during gameplay. I think that's a very cool innovation. Wonder how steep it can go before the ball falls off after a couple fast hits.

I'm pretty sure there is a clear plastic cover over the whole rotating PF, so it can only exit via the drain. You can tell on some of the close-up images.

On the podcast mentioned above I believe Dwight casually mentioned the max pitch - seems like he said 60 or 65 degrees or so, but I may be mistaken.

#3387 2 years ago

Image of the upper with the clear cover "clearly" visible. Taken from TWP's article:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/stern-announces-the-mandalorian-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Mandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-14-1536x1024 (resized).jpgMandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-14-1536x1024 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4775 2 years ago

I'm really not liking that multi-ball is lit and started by just repeatedly shooting the center target/ramp shot. That seems really dull and makes it a gimme frankly - you can start the first MB within like 15 seconds of starting a game. Where is the challenge there? I guess you don't get many points without stacking a mode, but still... Just doing something else to lite the locks would have been nice.

Did the Premium have the "Sneaky levels" mechanism of soft plunging into the mini Playfield (not sure you physically can) to get additional upper pf target completions? And what was the reward for completing those? I liked the look of that mechanism, but I couldn't tell what was to be gained there, scoring from that was virtually nil...

#4833 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Jack, on the pro demo, said that he was getting a lot of points from the encounters, thrashing on the mini playfield in other words.

Yeah, he definitely was getting points up in the mini-pf, but it was specific to the Encounter modes. The "Sneaky Levels" from short plunging had a different ruleset, and different level you reach with target completions it seemed - with sub-100,000 point scores shown. Scores that would appear so low I'd hope there is some other award or higher points when you get to higher levels/more additional completions or something.

Either way, that "sneaky level" mini game may not be present on the Premium model?

#4835 2 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

It looks like this is the case. On stream Jack short plunged into the mini playfield and there was some sort of sneak in scoring associated with it.
[quoted image]

Yeah, that image shows Sneaky Level mini-modes or something? Which doesn't seem to be a normal Encounter mode.

Screenshot_2021-06-03-20-26-56-136~2 (resized).jpegScreenshot_2021-06-03-20-26-56-136~2 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.