(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I'm on the list with my distributor for a LE, I just hope it has clips, callouts and music from the show.

Good Luck.! There were not many LE spots left when we put our name down for one last Thursday.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I've had a spot since March.

Awesome!

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

It is if is indeed Mandalorian, perfect theme for our family.

My wife and I love that it is a newer theme and hope it is Mandalorian too!

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

This is the reason I find it fun. But its terrible for pinball. Any casual walking up to the game see's no pinball magic, plunges straight into the target bank to an outlane 2 out of 3 balls. It's demoralizing and makes people uninterested in pinball. It's definetly why i wouldnt put it in a small collection, people gravitate to star wars only to walk away with a bad taste in their mouths.

You cannot blame Stern or the title because a machine is not set up properly. Our SWLE never did that. Sure the game was challenging but most people that played ours loved it and it was in a home environment.

1 week later
#458 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Are there any pics of this yet?

No leaks yet!

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

^ Calling number one bitch ^.

Agree! Biatch is a much better term than dick head

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Not really - I am buying it based on the fact that I have purchased all of the new Stern releases over the last couple of years (except for TMNT, and I confess that's just because the theme does nothing for me, and Elvira because I hesitated and failed to get one), and I have loved each and every one of them. They have the designers, the coders, and the artists that have delivered consistently and they have had me covered if/when I needed something.
I am buying based on track record and I don't give a crap about exclusivity.

Well said. There are quite a few of us genuine people in the hobby. We have been buying a new LE game or two every year for 10 years and never been disappointed. Some we like more than others and some are definitely hard to let go of.

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

squinted so much at the picture I almost had a seizure I’ll just wait for later today to see what it actually looks like

This is the way!

#2318 2 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

I don’t get all the trash talking of the design and people who worked tons of hours to make this pin. I do not personally know Dwight. However, I’ve watched him in game reveals and interviews. The man clearly loves what he does. He’s always trying to do something fun and interesting. I personally love his code on TMNT and Star Wars. They’re shallow enough to keep visitors engaged and deep enough to keep the pinheads coming back for more. I’m really happy to have MNDLN in my collection. I cannot wait til it gets here. (Munsters code is great for the 50-70 year old people who grew up with the TV show)
As someone whose worked in industry, I understand the cost vs benefit ratio. Stern knows how to make a fun and interesting game. They have to stretch the dollar on licenses like this. Do you know what it’s like to pay a union labor force in a market like Illinois, through Covid? They didn’t increase prices and are they’re giving us a packed pro and premium/le.
Some of you dudes are the biggest bunch of old school whiners with no clue on how business and economics work. Maybe we need a new pinball forum for everyone who hates everything since 1998 to go and hang out on.
Seriously, go cry somewhere else. Stop sh****ng on the hard work from all these guys up in Chicago.
Great job Stern folk on putting out another really awesome title. My 3 and 12 year old kids can’t wait to play this. My father and father in law who are pushing 70 can’t wait to play this. I cannot wait to play this. I hope it makes you guys a solid profit. Please continue to release titles that bring younger people into the hobby and keep the older ones engaged as well.
Edit:
PS. I literally just got done playing a wonderfully restored Shaddow, five minutes ago. There is no way original Shaddow holds itself up to a modern stern title.

There are two types of people in this hobby:

One type that loves playing all the games and sharing the fun and joy of any pinball machine with friends, family and people they do not know.

The other type that does whatever they can to remove that smile.

#2444 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

A couple thoughts...

2) Stern selling some games on their own... very interesting. Taking a page from Spooky and JJP I see. Honestly I think this is a test to see what the reaction is ... and from the Stern fans I feel they will want more of this. The concept of distributors dates back to 'before the internet'. No one had things like web pages, amazon, ebay, but the concept of selling direct to consumer thru e-commerce is growing by a lot. If Stern wanted to they could open up the flood gates and sell a lot of games direct to their growing data base.
The idea that you could sell at FULL price direct to consumer plus charge them a FEE/SUBSCRIPTION for the option is probably coming soon. If Stern worked 20% of sales direct to consumer they might increase revenue by a TON without making more games. There are drawbacks obviously like customer service, warranty, repair or replacement issues. I think Stern is testing the waters to decide how they will proceed.

FYI.

JJP came about because Stern were selling games direct from the factory. Jack was one of Sterns largest Distros and he could not stop Stern selling direct in his area so he went off and formed JJP. So no.. Stern are taking a page that did not work out of their own play book and playing it again. Spooky came up with the Subscription thing however you can become a Stern insider without paying a fee.

#2458 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I do not recall Stern selling direct. My recollection was Jack departing as a distro to commence JJP was in relation to the drama surrounding LOTR LEs. I began interacting with Jack when I tried to buy a FGY direct from Stern and they sent me to a distributor instead as they told me they didn’t sell direct. That was 2008 or so.

More things happened in that relationship than any of us were told. We only found out about the direct selling stuff a few years ago when we were on holidays in Chicago. Stern have been selling direct to Time Zone for a very long time bypassing Distros.

#3009 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:Hulk on the original Avengers had a ton of ball hangups.

Not if you set him up properly. We had zero hang ups on our LE.

#3263 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Pinsiders ruin another thread with negativity. I'll see y'all in the club thread! It's pinball.....

It is only a few negative Pinsiders posting the same shit over and over. Learn to use the ignore function and your experience on Pinsidd will be much better.

#3270 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yeah, but fanboys that never want to criticize any game they own (or plan on owning) are equally annoying!
Both ends of the spectrum are kind of ludicrous before a single game is even played!
I remember thinking TRON was "cheap" and barren when it was first released (and I wasn't the only one). Ended up being one of my favorite games of all-time...currently own 2 I like it so much

Snow flakes eventually melt...

Hate speech or hating any game is not me and never will be. Just move along and find what you enjoy. Life is good.

If you want to be a fan boy.. good for you.. if you want to be a hater. Good for you.. if you want to be annoyed, good for you too. You can use the ignore function to taylor the pinside experience for yourself and what you like, hate or makes you annoyed.

1 week later
#4408 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

OK, on a serious note. How do I hide my LE from my wife? I figured out the "don't have it delivered while she's home" thing, but not how to camouflage it once it's in place.

Give the game to your wife as a "surprise" present!

3 weeks later
#5399 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Got some bad news for you, TWD prison door is also an opto. That poor door doesn't even know you're hitting it. Sorry to break the illusion!

But the head behind the door is a bash toy!

#5698 2 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

I would strongly recommend playing one on location before buying NIB on this title. Very disappointing. Shame that Stern got this license and not a manufacturer that could have made some magic. This is a game that I am glad is on location and not in my collection. There isn't one mech under the glass in this game. If you like a shooting gallery and no mechanical interaction, this is the game for you.

Are you sure it is the game? Game looks pretty good to me and we are hanging to have a go.

How many games did you play?

#5708 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I played a pro on location for about 2 hours. Where I go for $25 you get unlimited pinball and arcade for 3 hours. I had zero desire to get mando and now I want one. Pro is definitely the one to get for me. Best bang for your buck and love the cabinet art.
Just not enough there for the up charge for the premium for me. Wonder how well the shaker adds to the game?

We have not been lucky enough to get one in Australia yet.. We are keen to have a go one one.

If we buy a new game, we always get a shaker.. You can turn it off if you do not like it and always get most of your money back if you sell the game.

#5740 2 years ago
Quoted from sirocket:

Me too.... not sure why the industry is so non-transparent. They love to take those full payments though... l And this is from a full payment early may for a pro

It is not the industry, just your distro not telling you the truth or all the truth. Your distro knew before he/she took your order an approx date of when your game will be shipped.

Straight away I would ask myself, "What else are they going to lie to me about?"

#5747 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Unless you have proof, that's a pretty serious accusation.
As I said earlier, this is the first time Stern switched things up with the releases. Most distros had no idea how many pins they were going to get. Factor in parts delays and many distros were left in the dark as much as their customers.
As frustrating as the situation is, I'm sticking with my order. No need to punish hardworking and honest business owners over something not in their control.

So why take payment in full when you have no idea how many games you are going to get or when they are going to ship?

Good practice would be to have a wait list of orders and collect a deposit and then full payment once the game is about to ship (unless the game is a LE). Building honesty and a good relationship with customers is more important that securing sales.

I stand by my statement. Distro could have been honest and stated what you just did. I do not care how you spin it, taking a full amount for a game when you do not know when it is going to ship is not the right thing to do.

And for your info, our distro has given us an approximate delivery date and been clear with the financials etc before we gave him one cent. And we live in Australia, so I know Stern has been honest with its distros.

3 weeks later
#6412 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stern designers usually suggests 6.7-7 depending on the title. Could you please link a reference to Brian Eddy stating 6.5 is how the game was designed to be played?

Stern manual says 6.5.

It is your game, set it up however you like.

1 week later
#6757 2 years ago

Hey that looks awesome.

Could I please ask what color is the t mould that goes around the head box? Looks great!

#6802 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I bought the molding on Tmolding.com and got the light grey

Thanks vet much.

4 weeks later
#7193 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

The lockbar has done this to my front art. Was already happening when I received it. What should I do?
[quoted image]

Get a spare decal from your distro. Fixing them is quite difficult unless you know what you are doing.

Putting the lock bar on and off will keep making it worse until you bend the tabs on the lock bar, stopping it from rubbing on the decal every time you latch it on and off.

#7224 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is anyone selling the interactive grogu? Or a guide for it anywhere? Thanks

There is a thread for it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grogu-modding-thread

All the info is in there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

11,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.