(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 3 years ago

In on an LE. Awesome show.

#26 3 years ago

It’s Grogu bro.

#28 3 years ago

I’m lost. You’re hoping there aren’t near mechs? What?

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m between a premium and pro, really depends quality of the light show and upper playfield playability. Not sure what it would take for me to move up to an LE, it’s possible with this title but would really take something special.

I’ve never been in on a Stern LE, sight unseen. But I like Mandalorian quite a bit, so I’m willing to roll the dice!

Hopefully Stern does this one right. After getting a GNR CE recently, it’s going to be hard to impress me to be honest. The bar has been raised pretty high by the crew at JJP.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I wouldn’t think it could be the mandolorian since that only came out in late 2019. I doubt that’s enough time to secure a license and design and manufacture a game. I could be wrong, but I thought lead times were like 2-3 years, and with covid, I’d guess it set them back more. It has to be a code word for something else. Someone mentioned Delorean so I’d guess Bttf2 would be more likely. Personally, neither are that attractive to me, haven’t seen the mandolorian.

Stern has a relationship with Disney. Is it possible the got access to the show before it went public?

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

As apposed to all the ones they did wrong? You weren't impressed with JP, DP, TMNT, SW etc. This GnR lust is crap. The fact that the theme is a SW based Bounty Hunter already kills GnR. Ok some fancy lighting, a guitar neck, 2 drumsticks and a spinning hat not too mention the gameplay isn't all that great. If u like it good but this whole "the bar has been set high" is just plain ridiculous.

I owned JP and DP. I really liked them both for sure. I don’t have enough time on SW to make an accurate opinion. Never played TMNT.

Do you have a lot of time on GnR or own one? If not, you really should. Game is nuts. You really can’t judge it without putting some real time on it and understanding it all. Everyone I’ve had over to play it a been blown away. The usual response is, “I’ve never played anything like this before!”

I’ve owned a lot of games over the years. Nothing has come close to GnR. It’s so immersive. I really like Stern games too, I just hope they up their game after GnR.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Randy Martinez on art!?
[quoted image]

That’s what Kaneda said. What’s everyone’s thoughts on that. I dig his art personally.

#126 2 years ago

Lol! Take it easy buddy. It’s just pinball. It’s all good.

Back to Mando...

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The one thing that would be a deal breaker for me is if the game is only based on the first season. The first season is good but the second season heavily expands on the show and has far bigger moments in it. The fist two seasons feel like they can represent a beginning, middle, and end for the story even though more seasons are coming. Just the first season though? No way, that's really just the beginning of the story. The second season is just so damn good.
The second season came out just last October, that doesn't really sound like enough time to have the 2nd season represented in the game but who knows. I don't see Disney giving Stern details about the second season months prior but who knows.

It wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me, but I can’t imaging them not having season 2 in there. I realize the show isn’t over, but after season 2, it feels very complete.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, I have never done this before...committing to buying a game without having seen it much less played it. But, I really like all of the Sterns in my collection and my intuition tells me that this one is worth taking the chance so I am now in on an LE. If I am wrong, watch for my PINSIDE ad, lol.

I’m in the same boat man! I’m all in on an LE sight unseen. F it. You only live once, right?

#168 2 years ago

Enjoy! It’s really good. I’m about to run through it again.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Anyone else kinda hoping that the pro doesn’t have the upper playfield?

You shouldn’t have any worries

1 week later
#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

When JJ @ GameExchange took deposits over the weekend, did he mention the price?
I'm hearing from at least one of the large distributors that he will be charging OVER MSRP for the Mando LE.
Someone else mentioned Betson saying something similar.

$9199

No price hike from JJ.

#1641 2 years ago

Hard to tell a lot from the pic we have seen so far. But so far, I'm really liking what I'm seeing. The art is exactly what I was looking for. It's on the darker side of the color spectrum. The back glass is super cool. The armor looks awesome.

I know some people wanted the armor to look like it has lines in it like in the Beskar bars. But when the bars are melted down into armor, it really just looks more like steel. All those lines are gone.

I'm not overly excited about the giant Grogu doll on the play field. I'm not surprised that he's there, because that little guy sells product for sure! I just really hope he does something. I can't imaging it won't be interactive in some way. For Stern to give up that much real estate on the play field and not have it do something would be absolutely insane.

I'm excited to see more pics and better pics, but so far it looks really good to me! I've been in on an LE for a while. Can't wait to get it!

#1650 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Maybe there is a magnet which grabs the ball and Grogu moves his hand to give a illusion of the force? I would be happy with that.

I would be good with that. I has to do something though.

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Posted pic first on Facebook last night, hundreds of comments until admin took it down. Lol

Who posted it? Stern?

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Baby Yoda does jack shit.

Are you stating that as a fact because you know? Or speculation?

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

This is the way....of Stern.

So.....speculation???

#1667 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Yes... remember Optimus Prime getting hit in the balls by a pop up ramp as a feature? This is the same company...
But seriously you think Baby Yoda is somehow animatronic enough to reach around and grab a ball and do what with it? He's just so far away from anything that would make sense there.

Gotcha. Oh yes, I remember. Also Homer on TSPP and the troll on RCT. I'll cross my fingers in hopes that he at least turns his head like Homer....

#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

If this is an actual leaked photo then I would say that Grogu is nothing more than a set piece. I hope I am wrong though. Game feels packed. LE looks cool. Probably one of the only games I would want to powder coat the door to match the trim because of how neutral the color is.

Yeah. I'm pretty bummed about that coin door. Stern needs to step up their game a bit and start powder coating those. I have no idea why all the other armor would be powder coated and not the coin door. It makes no sense. Why take the time to powder coat the rails, legs, and hinges and then just say "Yeah fuck that coin door. We're done!". It's crazy.

#1670 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Right. What do people expect? You think he is going to dance around, juggle balls, and wave at the player?

It's just a ton of real estate to put something there that does nothing. Seems like a very strange move. We will find out soon enough. I hope they didn't ditch the pop bumpers just to stick a Grogu on the play field.

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

because the doors come straight form china with all the wiring attached so they'd have to disassemble them and then powder coat them

And??? Your point?

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

man you can always pay the $100 and get it done yourself - of all the hills to die on!

I'm not dying on any hill. I'm simply saying it's crazy to powder coat 90% of the metal and just leave the door out. At least give the customer the option and upcharge for it like Spooky does. I'd be good with that.

#1784 2 years ago

The armor on the LE looks bad ass! Love those side rails! Really digging the art too!

The art blades are really cool as well.

Mando11 (resized).PNGMando11 (resized).PNGmando22 (resized).PNGmando22 (resized).PNG
1 week later
#3742 2 years ago

Will the stream be available to watch later tonight after it's live? I'm not free until about 9pm tonight. Will I be able to rewind and watch the whole thing?

#4115 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Does Luke get any representation on the lcd encounters or anything?

Yes. He is in one of the wizard modes.

1 week later
#4651 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I could do a few in resin

Hit me up if you do this!

1 month later
#6115 2 years ago

Man I really like that Cara Dune sticker. I just can't bring myself to pay $7.50 for shipping. Maybe I'm a cheap ass. I never like it when people over charge on shipping. Instead of paying $15 for the sticker and $7.50 for shipping, I'd pay $20 for the sticker and $2.50 for shipping.

It's a mental thing for me. Ok, maybe I'm nuts. Or does it really cost $7.50 to ship a sticker now?

#6116 2 years ago

+1 on the shaker. Dwight, please turn that bad boy down. It's crazy town. I love me a shaker, but that thing is a little hot. Otherwise, you coded a great game. I'm loving what I'm seeing so far!

#6144 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I have different speakers than the others i see pics of here, Does anyone know why? My speaker has a shield in the middle. I received
#444 today

Your speakers have shields in the middle because they are cooler than mine! Stern just switched speaker manufacturers at some point. No biggy. I like those better than the kenwoods.

#6146 2 years ago

Is anyone else getting crazy feedback from their speakers when the up/down scoop is activated and holding?

#6147 2 years ago

Anyone else getting these tech alerts? Not sure what it means. Everything seems to work fine.

C4C78B40-E1E6-46F3-BAAB-26F8D3E2C5A6 (resized).jpegC4C78B40-E1E6-46F3-BAAB-26F8D3E2C5A6 (resized).jpegCD1A8A3C-E772-4DD8-9E62-FE64A4EF13C0 (resized).jpegCD1A8A3C-E772-4DD8-9E62-FE64A4EF13C0 (resized).jpeg
#6157 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Just a wild guess is the upper PF flippers don’t have EOS switches but the code thinks they do.

That’s what I was thinking. Can someone else with an LE confirm they get these tech alerts?

3661BE85-8567-4DD2-A963-D0564DA2D07F (resized).jpeg3661BE85-8567-4DD2-A963-D0564DA2D07F (resized).jpegC646609A-F7E5-4081-9AA5-AD7FA1F44112 (resized).jpegC646609A-F7E5-4081-9AA5-AD7FA1F44112 (resized).jpeg
#6159 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What happens when you press Select and test it?

Good question. I’ll look and see if they even have EOS switches.

#6167 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yep mine says it too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool. Thanks for checking into that!

#6169 2 years ago

I really wish they would code in an option to turn off the mini playfield flippers until the opto up there is tripped when a ball enters.

I can’t remember who talked about it from Stern, but they said the reason they left those to always flip was because if that opto failed at a location, those upper flippers would never be on. They are right. But why not put an option in the settings to have them turn off until the onto is hit. They could leave the default to “mini pf flippers always on”. Then us home owners could switch it to only after the opto is tripped.

Makes sense to me. I would love to see this in a code update. I’ve already been cleaning flipper coil dust off the playfield under the mini Pf.

#6209 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Can you do the “sneak in” to the PF on the LE? Wasn’t sure if it laid flat until a ball enters.

Yes you absolutely can. I’ve done it multiple times.

#6215 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

He talking about where you can short plunge and sneak it in the mini area on pro but thats not possible on the LE since the mini is at a angle until start a mode that uses it and also its completely lifted away from the playfield at all times so its not possible.

Quoted from P1nhead:

How do you sneak into the upper playfield from plunge??

Ah. I must have missed the part about sneaking it in on a “plunge”. You can sneak it in from a slow rolling ramp shot.

#6252 2 years ago

I’m also having issues with rejects on the right orbit with child kit. I have an LE though. So the ball hits the up post and dribbles back down the right orbit, instead of being diverted to the child magnet. Doesn’t happen every time, but a good clean shot will make it happen. Super annoying. Especially since that shot it pretty tight. Getting punished for a good shot drives me nuts.

They did make a different post for Metallica. I think it was metal. Seems counter intuitive, but that actually dampened the force better. I think it was a thinner post in Metallica than it is in Mando though. I’d have to check. I believe I actually may have a spare metal one lying around. Now I know what I need to do tomorrow.

Anyone else running into this? Any other ideas and fixes for it?

#6279 2 years ago

Best part. Tweaked some shaker motor levels.

Thanks Dwight and team! Looking forward to trying it out! Looks like a juicy update.

#6294 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

This is NOT the way.
This why you always inspect the box before you sign for a delivery. Carriers should be more careful when you pay that much for delivery. Now we wait, unbelievable.
To be continued.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Grab a sharpie, slap the leg on, and you’re good to go!

I’m kidding dude. That sucks bad. No worries though. Stern will get you your game. Nice job inspecting the box and refusing delivery! Whew! Close one!

#6391 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

that bubble is never a good way to set pitch! I was told my premium is coming next week so Im super excited. Im going to powder coat a spare set of legs/lockdown bar for this. First time im doing this. I guess Im going to try and match the LE colors, but any other suggestions? EDIT: I think im going to try and match the organge color from Mando letters. That beskar gray wouldnt go well with premium color scheme
Also what is everyones pitch on this game? Did I see some saying around 6.8?

I’m set up at 7 degrees.

#6434 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yes 9 encounters. Each insert in the playfield is a level and each insert on the mini is a stage to the level. So 3 stages to each level equals 9 different encounters plus the wizard encounter.

It’s 3 encounters with 3 levels in each encounter. I get what you’re saying though. It does feel like 9 encounters. I wish they would change that up. The upper playfield is difficult on an LE. Haven’t tried a pro yet. I feel like I’m just frantically flipping and there is no skill involved.

#6435 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anyone think mylar is needed around The Child magnet?

Not needed. They magnet is designed to not need it. Google up the Metallica sparky magnet and then look at this one. They changed it up with the waking dead. No worries here.

#6477 2 years ago

I have fixed both of my bounce out and bounce back issues. The ramp to the upper playfield, and the foundry.

Picked this stuff up on Amazon. Stuck a little square in the foundry scoop where the ball impacts. Also stuck a square on the end of the metal diverter when the ball impacts. This stuff works awesome. That ball stops dead in its track when I hit the ramp now.

It does not have an adhesive backing. So you’ll need to use some sort of double sided tape. I used this 3M stuff that goes on those little wall hangers.

Here is the amazon link for this stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0100M67A4

If you don’t want to spend $20 on this stuff, shoot me a PM. I can mail you enough for what you’ll need for $5.

3A0B5A2A-4BA1-4BAC-9894-DD43F68E3078 (resized).jpeg3A0B5A2A-4BA1-4BAC-9894-DD43F68E3078 (resized).jpeg3B06F704-4128-4CE9-84BF-63CDDB5E05D4 (resized).jpeg3B06F704-4128-4CE9-84BF-63CDDB5E05D4 (resized).jpegED11A364-3FC1-43A5-B396-0B98C6118C67 (resized).jpegED11A364-3FC1-43A5-B396-0B98C6118C67 (resized).jpeg
#6490 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I backhand the U turn/180 ramp all the time also backhand the right ramp easy. Started Ambush mini wizard mode 2x now, sweet mode how the playfield lighting works like Slash mode in TMNT but needs a ball saver for a few seconds at the start.
Also I want the left scoop to have a ball saver for 2 seconds and its in the settings but doesnt work.

How close is your right scoop to the playfield when it comes down? Any chance you could take a pic?

#6658 2 years ago

Played a coop game with my wife today. She was player two, on ball 3. Hit the foundry and bought an extra ball. Ball kicked out and she drained maybe 5 seconds later. I laughed and said, “at least you have an extra ball!”. Then the game ended….

Bug?

#6684 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Feel like a bull rider trying to play the upper pf. Trying to figure out a strategy and how to last longer than a few seconds playing it.
How many seconds can I last? Yee Ha! [quoted image]

I really don’t know if there is much of a strategy. It just feels like a flailing shit fest to me. Sure, when you get to the bonus level, you can wait until it’s flat to flip. Other than that, I just….don’t get it. To be honest it’s a bit of a let down. Looks cool though. That’s about it.

I know some people are saying they like it, but do they really? Or are they just saying that because they want to like it and already spent the money?

#6771 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Im setting mine up tonight. What is the consensus on pitch for this one? I keep most of mine around 6.8 unless otherwise recommended.

Mine is around 6.8-6.9 and plays well.

#6843 2 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Anyone else having problems with the 2v1 coop? I can only get player 1 to have a 3 ball game, then it is game over. Not sure if I am missing something?

Are you pressing the start button 3 times?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 22.95
9,900 (Firm)
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.