(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,536 posts
  • 805 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 429 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 336 votes
    35%

(963 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2021-11-06 11.11.14 (resized).jpg
2021-11-06 11.11.24 (resized).jpg
2021-11-06 11.02.21 (resized).jpg
68560B45-0A5A-49DF-AF62-C1F8CF8255D0 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20220106_021337385 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220106_021521560 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220106_021528557 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220105-171025 (resized).png
Rush cringe (resized).png
LZ band member art (resized).jpg
Amen Brother! (resized).jpg
mando 3 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
3ba3b75f65e552ffabf1d4f9fe9a980c8bc93e21 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
GEDC6714 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (8 months ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#547 8 months ago
Quoted from roar:

I know my opinion is not a popular one, but I don't think Mandalorian is much of a show and for those who haven't watched it I don't think you're missing much at all.
The lead characters are entirely void of any sort of depth, one wears a mask all the time and offers very little in terms of range or even dialogue and the other is an animated baby, a baby that can't talk, can barely communicate and every couple of episodes does something interesting. They trudge from episode to episode with the thinnest of reasons to be where they are and the writing is just bad, the writing in Star Wars films have never been their strength but it seems particularly shallow and cringe worthy in this series.
Production value is very high, it looks and sounds wonderful, it is set in a very familiar universe and it has a bunch of bounty hunters that look like boba fett ... so it has things going for it. My family did enjoy watching it every week but I struggled with it.
With all that said however, I do look forward to seeing what Brian Eddy has come up with, he has made some of my favourite games ever, I'm also curious to see who is on code. I certainly don't need a theme to have a game appeal to me so I'm still excited to see it.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Will disagree with this. I've never seen so much range from an actor that wears a mask nearly 100% of the time, you can tell his emotions through his body language. There are a couple scenes (spoilers) where his mask does come off and when that happens the depth of the character comes out even more. You see Mando in the first episode as this emotionless badass and as the show goes on, as he meets baby Yoda, and cares for him you see his emotions come out. It's very well done in my opinion and is the best Star Wars content since the original trilogy.
As for Baby Yoda, same thing. Disney used a puppet for the character (thankfully instead of CGI) and puts a lot of emotion into the character. You can see Baby Yoda's body language reacting to events, facial reactions as he's figuring things out, learning, thinking, etc. There's some great comedy moments in there as well.

Good points on both sides and I can agree with each of you in general. It's a good series and worth watching but it's definitely flawed.
I'll be back for the new season but mostly because season 2 was much improved over 1. I expect/hope for better in season 3.

As a theme for pinball its right up my alley and I already have a deposit it.

#614 8 months ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Maybe posted, but do we know who the designer is?

Same guy that might be doing the code.

#625 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is it still gonna be a thrill when people are getting their Haggis Fathom in 2 years?

Nice troll, Levi.

#759 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is cobra Kai good?

I ordered the LE

#818 8 months ago

So am I the only one that's glad this is a Star Wars spin off and not Star Wars?

#837 8 months ago

Please, no more Luke Skywalker. That is so 1977

#840 8 months ago

Might be best if I didn't express my opinion about baby Yoda then. Or whatever they named the latest marketing gimmick.

#872 8 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Luke better be in the final wizard mode.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Grogu is awesome...especially when he eats babies!

I realize there are sacred cows for many people and my comments, while true to me, were unnecessary for some. I'll try to pause next time before posting while cranky.

In regards to those of us buying sight unseen. The Mandalorian is the first title from Stern in a VERY long time that has gotten me this excited. A lot of things still need to fall into place for me but my deposit is refundable if I see a bobblehead on a spring.

Watch this thread explode when the pictures are released.

#876 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I wonder how much this game will look like the recently released VR Mandalorian table. It has some of the rumored features....

Looks like Battle the Power from TZ in that mini playfield on the right. Cool

#999 8 months ago
Quoted from Gameroom-Goodies:

and it WILL resell for well over MSRP on the 2nd hand market, whether we all like it or not.

f47af04fe2cad0110a6f71fdffcc88c0.gif

#1088 8 months ago

Just got caught up on this thread. I'll reevaluate after the Tuesday reveal, but as of right now I've begun to lose my steam over this game. I'll label it as Pinside fatigue for now.

We'll see how well Stern can hook me back this next week.

#1093 8 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Why did you lose your steam over this game?

Not exactly sure.
This isn't my first rodeo and reading all of us speculate of what could be or bickering back and forth is a bit played out for me. I need more substance at this point like pictures, details of the layout, artwork and total package.

And when I glimpse into the future about a year from now I know it will be wash, rinse and repeat with the next title.

But that's just me and I understand that everyone processes things differently. Carry on and pay no attention to the ramblings of a Saturday morning hang-over.

#1190 8 months ago

Is the sarcasm emoji broken?

#1221 8 months ago

Better than Pugsley

#1246 8 months ago

#1330 8 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Yeah, but you know how Disney is with stuff. Honestly I'm just glad to know that the pin has all the music assets because they're really important to the theme.
If I told you how I knew I probably wouldn't get told anything else.
I don't ever leak stuff, but I feel like the people who are super excited about the game might get disappointed if they thought maybe the music wasn't in there, so I thought that was important enough to share. I'm just a dude excited to get mine!

How is it that a Pinsider of less than a year has a secret source at Stern?

#1336 8 months ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

If I was a betting man, and I am, I’d take NashtyFunk’s word on this title....

He's also telling us things that are most likely to happen anyway. I don't need a secret guy for any of that.

And you just joined Pinside 49 days ago. Both from Texas living less than an hour apart.

#1358 8 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Tux is my buddy. I sold him my GnR. Good dude.
I didn’t spoil any major secrets or leak anything juicy.
Just a couple small details I got and the part about not having the music in the reveal I thought was interesting.
I don’t even know what the art stuff means. Just what I heard.

Thanks for the up vote. You didn't answer my question.

I realize you're new but every few months we get some hot shot on Pinside that knows of a guy, that heard from a another guy that seemed believable. And because they believe the rumor themselves, they are very convincing and confident in retelling the "inside scoop". And so it goes.

Pinside is the number one source of misinformation and its mostly because people never stop to question. They read it on Pinside and therefore it must be true. I'm not sure which is worse, the talkers or the blind faith.

It's hard for me to believe that two guys with a combine one year on Pinside has a direct pipeline to Stern Pinball secrets.

#1387 8 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I guess that’ll be pretty easy to confirm tomorrow the advertisement to the pin doesn’t have the theme or music from the show huh?
And I am new to the hobby, but since I started last July I’ve bought 20+ pins and met a lot of friends and interesting interesting people through those transactions.

As I already said, most of what you posted is likely to happen anyway. It's you trying to take credit from a secret source that I object to.

Quoted from Bmanpin:

Thanks for doing us newbies a favor and educating all of us newbies and for the warm reception.

Wasn't intend to you or any others. No matter, I apologize for the misunderstanding and have edited my comment.

#1544 8 months ago
Quoted from Otto110:

I really wished they wouldn’t have put a big doll in the corner of these games. I understand it is cheaper than a mech of some sort and eats up real estate for Stern, but I’m just not into dolls.

Completely agree on that point.

#1864 8 months ago
Quoted from groverg303:

Looks legit to me. Hope they release a topper

I heard the topper code is the deepest ever.

#1946 8 months ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I checked in with 3 distributors last week when rumors started and was placed on the LE wait list but based on deposits placed already I'm not going to make it in.

I got shut out too. No biggie I guess.

#2277 8 months ago

Sorry guys, just now got caught up on this thread. Is it my turn to mention Cara Dune or should I ask who's doing the code?

#2384 8 months ago
Quoted from Monte:

I was hoping that little yoda would barf out pinballs.

Big Bang Bar does that. These two guys are "Loaded" with the balls while sitting at a bar, then they spin around and barf them onto the habitrail. The DMD also has a match sequence at the end where a guy pukes the number.

zzzzimage-4 (resized).jpg

#2520 8 months ago

I have made my purchasing decision.

zzz1z1z (resized).png
#2584 8 months ago

I'm not sure I understand the divided camps here. There is a lot that I really like about this game and there is some that I'm just blah on. After balancing the pros and cons with my personal tastes, I've simply decided not to buy.

And if after playing one I decide that I want it, there will be a butt load of new or used for me to choose from.

#2657 8 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Without a single flip? Okay...

Which is crazier under the same circumstances. Not buying or buying?

#2777 8 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

Am I the only one getting banzai run vibes out of that upper pf when it goes really steep?

Sorry but no. Banzai Run you have to climb and catch and its a cool challenge. This looks like a Congo under playfield you'll simply bash away at.

#2783 8 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a crap about this? The most expensive stern (Elvira) has plastic ramps. Just about every recent pro has had wire forms. From a cost standpoint I find it hard to believe there is actually a real difference. I thought we were passed believing wire forms were somehow more “premium”... but I guess not. I’m sure there will be a mod for this lol

I've never once had to flame polish a wire form.

#2864 8 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Idk, I love Swords of Fury and this (especially the pro) reminds me of that

I love Swords of Fury also. But those are drop targets and the ball then disappears behind them after knocked down and reappear elsewhere. Completely different experience than the comparison to Congo which I think is fair.

FYI. I love my Congo. I've had it the longest in my collection but I've disable the under playfield in the settings.

#2949 8 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Something really fishy here guys... Watch this video from 49 seconds and slow down playback to 0.25:

If you play the video backwards you can hear Grogu moaning, Paul is Dead.

#3008 8 months ago
zzzzz185502020_10219503966698375_311673812445375990_n (resized).jpg
#3146 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey remember what happened to last guy who thought the most brilliant argument tactic ever was to type "shill" as many times as possible, as fast as possible?
WHere'snow?

He's in Pinside Prison. They gave him a life sentence but he can still read and up-vote here. (pretty sure no down voting) Kinda like a cushy Federal Prison I guess.
Oh, and he can still send nasty emails. Ask me how I know.

#3183 8 months ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

Meanwhile..... I preordered a pro

Quoted from Jerickso77:

Same. High five!

So far from what I've seen, the Pro mini playfield with its single flipper is much more interesting that the premium/LE. The missing Grogu magnet is a non issue for me. And the price of the pro wouldn't cause a future father-in-law to melt down.

Still need more info but the Pro right now is looking like a smart play.

Congrats to both of you

#3214 8 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Congrats or condolences on that one...btw where’s iceman in this piece?
I’ve been stretched thin...sumpthin happen?

He took his ball and went home. Enjoy the peace and sobriety while we can.

#3218 8 months ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Talked to my distro today. They are disappointed and surprised that the demand is quite low so far (only) les are sold out with long waiting list.

Posted two days ago, I found this comment noteable and I'm surprised it went unnoticed here. (Maybe poor translation)

I've always assumed that the LE hype meant the Premium would be an immediate bestseller. This tells me a different story.
Distributors would normally never say such a thing, at least publicly, and I'm wondering if this is a rare glimpse of the true market and sales psychology.

My mind has been spinning on a few different levels and I'm wondering how others might perceive this.

#3226 8 months ago

I agree with all of you guys but scratch a little deeper. This was a comment from an experienced distributor and based on their past history, volume is low in comparison. With the exception of the LE.

There's more than meets the eye and I'm struggling to put my finger on it.

Quoted from Makakka:

Talked to my distro today. They are disappointed and surprised that the demand is quite low so far (only) les are sold out with long waiting list.

#3250 8 months ago

It would have been cool if they had placed a row of pop ups like the Gargoyles in Elvira along the top of the mini playfield.
Make them missle bullets or whatever they're called coming from his head. Or those little sand pirates on a stick.

You'd probably break them in short order on the two flipper playfield but that would make a spectacular effect.

Stationary targets serve their pourpose but action such as drop targets are way more satisfying.

#3252 8 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not too sure drops would even work in that oval shape, without designing a whole new mech..

Yes, completely agree. See the comment above mine from SLCPunk explaing just that.

But the pop ups might be fun

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside