(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 2 years ago

I wouldn’t think it could be the mandolorian since that only came out in late 2019. I doubt that’s enough time to secure a license and design and manufacture a game. I could be wrong, but I thought lead times were like 2-3 years, and with covid, I’d guess it set them back more. It has to be a code word for something else. Someone mentioned Delorean so I’d guess Bttf2 would be more likely. Personally, neither are that attractive to me, haven’t seen the mandolorian.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Stern has a relationship with Disney. Is it possible the got access to the show before it went public?

Possibly, but I'd think they'd want to gauge popularity before going in on producing a game.

3 weeks later
#4114 2 years ago

Game looks like a lot of fun. Cant please everyone, thanks to all who contributed and made the stream happen. I’ll be getting a pro and will have some fun trying to make a few mods.

3 weeks later
#5325 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

My pro should be here by Monday. My first NIB!

Are you an operator or is it going in your home? I’m confused what’s being produced and for whom. Seems initially a set of pros went to locations, and now it seems LEs are shipping within two weeks. Are pros also being produced now for home use?

1 month later
#6666 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The shaker Stern used for the LE is the strongest shaker motor I have ever experienced with any previous Stern. I have joked about the power of the shaker in my Gladiators as it shakes the house but now Mandalorian is a contender in the super shaker showdown. It rattles the shit out of the glass and it popped my LED by Grogu out last night(even with Sterns new metal LED holder). I actually dig how much it shakes

Interesting, it’s pretty tame in my game, kind of like a light rumble, which is how I like them. I got mine from cointaker, but I think it’s a stern shaker. Stock settings.

1 week later
#6821 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Finally was able to play this for the first time the other day. I don't think I've ever instantly viscerally disliked a playfield layout/shots more. It was like all the bad parts of Ghostbusters made even worse, with a really lame mini pf thrown in for good measure. I played about a dozen games and 90% of the shots it wanted me to take were just the one straight up the middle. Really unfun ramps layout too. Am I alone here or is this a polarizing game?

You need to understand the rules better. You don’t want go shoot up the middle until you at least start a mission, which is done by hitting both ramps and then the scoop. Then shoot up the middle a few times to start a mb. Plenty of other things to shoot for, just not as obvious when you first walk up to the game.

1 month later
#7303 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I am stumped, I could use some advice. I have built the animatronic Grogu from Hasbro but cant figure out how to mount it. The instructions from Ace Jedi are vague in a few areas. If anyone is willing to help me and have done this or know how please give me a call at 561/414/3620 my name is Mark I am working on this all day and am at a standstill. Thank you VERY much in advance for any help.

He fits into position snugly without any mount needed. Here's a pic of mine mounted. Left hand under the ramp, make sure his head isn't touching the glass channel or doesn't hit the backboard when moving. It's tricky, but definitely fits.

PXL_20210911_233339157 (resized).jpgPXL_20210911_233339157 (resized).jpg
#7308 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

AHH ok I see in the instructions there is a mounting plate that Ace offers but I could not find it.
Thanks pal I will keep going on this

Yeah, reach out to him, he has the bracket if you feel you need it.

#7309 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

where did you place the relay at on the game

You mean the sensor wire? The H insert.

#7313 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

no not the sensor the electronic relay that the wires all pass through from the grogu doll to the power at the ticket dispenser, where did you mount that at on the game

My setup different, i house everything in a small black box that adheres under the playfield and connect into the backbox. Contact Acejedi to see what he recommends if you followed his directions.

1 week later
#7332 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I can’t believe how many are for sale. It probably has the most pins currently for sale for a single title which is crazy. It’s an awesome pin.
I wonder if the same thing will happen with Godzilla.

it's mostly flippers/distros selling. Looking at the LEs for sale on pinside, half are NIB (distro or flipper). Barely any pros for sale. Look at Halloween, game has barely been out and there are 13 listed for sale in the market. it has nothing to do with the quality of the game, the market is just screwed up right now where people are trying to capitalize on perceived higher prices.

1 week later
#7382 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Could somebody please shoot me a picture of this area if they have a pro? I’m trying to determine if anybody has a post sleeve on this area from the factory
[quoted image]

mine looks like yours, but I have a black ring.

#7386 2 years ago
Quoted from buttcheekflipper:

I haven't seen may people post about the ramp lights. They are a nice feature if you aren't going to replace them. I also got a "Beskar" cup holder and sadly I'm a member of the cracked ramp as of Saturday. I emailed Cliffy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, glad you like the ramp lights! Hope the install went smoothly, tried to make it as simple as possible.

1 week later
#7423 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Anyone know which switch causes the back left flasher (red) to fire? I’m getting phantom switch hits. But the pop coils are not firing when it’s happening, and I thought those were the switches that activate the flasher. If I go to switch test it stops, of course.

If you are talking about the one just behind and to the left of spinner with the red dome, the spinner also causes that flasher to go off.

2 months later
#7536 2 years ago
Quoted from NullFlavor:

Anyone have issues getting the super jackpot to register on the Pro model?
It seems like it is somewhat intermittent, but if I hit it with a strong/fast shot, it seems to register like 50% of the time. The switch definitely works and if I go through diagnostics it all seems good.
I feel like I have seen it most commonly be an issue trying to collect the supers during/after a multiball, so I don't know if it *could* be software related. Perhaps the rollover just needs some adjustment though.

It happens on many games, including mine. The geometry of the shot is causing fast balls to rise up and not activate the switch. Two things you can do. First is to gently bend the end of the switch up (it’s not a leaf switch) so the ball can trigger it. The second option is to put something along the rail that slows the ball down, perhaps a piece of felt or magnetic strip. Something like this might work, I’ve used it in iron man to keep balls from flying off the left ramp and in TZ to prevent rejects for the upper right ball lock shot. I have not tried it yet in mando.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Magnet-1-2-in-x-30-in-Magnetic-Tape-Roll-96264/203613124?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&pla&mtc=Shopping-VF-F_D29A-G-D29A-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA_LIA-NA-NA-MinorAppl_Special_Buys&cm_mmc=Shopping-VF-F_D29A-G-D29A-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA_LIA-NA-NA-MinorAppl_Special_Buys-71700000042813121-58700005464629311-92700067963002094&gclid=Cj0KCQiA8vSOBhCkARIsAGdp6RR6wNX_1MkaPLdZGWgj_Bce6vuZToGWoT_lABn47aM_Nix66GQQ8V4aAnAzEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

2 weeks later
#7542 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It happens on many games, including mine. The geometry of the shot is causing fast balls to rise up and not activate the switch. Two things you can do. First is to gently bend the end of the switch up (it’s not a leaf switch) so the ball can trigger it. The second option is to put something along the rail that slows the ball down, perhaps a piece of felt or magnetic strip. Something like this might work, I’ve used it in iron man to keep balls from flying off the left ramp and in TZ to prevent rejects for the upper right ball lock shot. I have not tried it yet in mando.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Magnet-1-2-in-x-30-in-Magnetic-Tape-Roll-96264/203613124?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&pla&mtc=Shopping-VF-F_D29A-G-D29A-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA_LIA-NA-NA-MinorAppl_Special_Buys&cm_mmc=Shopping-VF-F_D29A-G-D29A-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA_LIA-NA-NA-MinorAppl_Special_Buys-71700000042813121-58700005464629311-92700067963002094&gclid=Cj0KCQiA8vSOBhCkARIsAGdp6RR6wNX_1MkaPLdZGWgj_Bce6vuZToGWoT_lABn47aM_Nix66GQQ8V4aAnAzEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just to follow up, the magnet tape didn’t work as I thought it might. Instead, just simply removing the switch and bending it so it’s more sensitive resolved the issue. Registers every time now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,900 (Firm)
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.