(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,426 posts
  • 797 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by wisefwumyogwave
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 425 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 338 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg
D552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpeg
Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg
20211004_170546 (resized).jpg
20210818_193825 (resized).jpg
20210910_195820_capture (resized).jpg
Bare Post Mando LE (resized).jpg
65893667-A247-4E6A-9CC3-677954BA59DD (resized).jpeg
39F87BE0-04DF-401E-B143-859B04F92E40 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7908 (resized).JPG
IMG_0676 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0685 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (5 months ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1231 5 months ago

I know it's another movie/vehicle but I'd love to hear a callout of Carl Weathers saying "It sounds like a damn monster movie!".

#1372 5 months ago

Baby Yoda is way too big too much space taken up, real or not. I had a design thought, what do you think? Have a hidden shot area of the playfield, or an upper playfield that is enclosed like the Mandalorian helmet and use a camera, lighting and the LCD to track the ball so you need to look at the LCD to navigate the hidden shots. Not likely here, just thought that would be innovative and cool.

#1393 5 months ago

Looks kind of like it has an elevated orbit behind the helmet from the left side to the right - a ramp orbit?

#1395 5 months ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

This ramp looks awesome to hit and probably has the magnetic hold of some sort? [quoted image]

Back to plastic ramps?

#1422 5 months ago

Agree that the coin door black is out-of-place should color match the legs and rails and lockbar.

#1541 5 months ago

Since it's Eddy on design, where's the flying cow?

#2165 5 months ago

The Pro would be the location machine of choice as always. That upper playfield is static does not tilt. So a tilting upper playfield seems not to be a location gimmick.

#2403 5 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Check out the main fan shots and the “missions and worlds” above the flippers. Yes, there are some differences, but especially the “missions and worlds” area...the same. To me, not a new game, just a redo with a little candy added...and SW and Mando are a grail theme.

If someone doesn't own Stern SW, then it would not matter anyway. Like AFM and MM arguments that they are the same, true or not, if you own only one of them does it matter?

#2416 5 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

Hey that reminds me... Are they ever going to reissue Ghostbusters?

Dwight Sullivan made an off-hand remark a couple of years ago? that he would like to see a GB Vault done with some changes, particularly I think he was mentioning the flipper gap to be closed. Not sure if it is anything but a wishlist item at this point...

#2437 5 months ago

Loving the LE. Baby Yoda is for my kids I keep telling myself.

#2545 5 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Your right Pinside will bitch no matter what that put out!I like the artwork and it is better then some other Stern offerings.
But just slapping the doll from Walmart on the playfield was lazy and there's no denying that.It's like people trying to claim the artwork for a certain music pin was great!

It's possible that Stern scanned an existing toy, no idea, but the figurine is custom designed using sculpt software and probably SolidWorks. That effort and process is there, not lazy at all.

#2591 5 months ago

Some good interview with Brian Eddy and Dwight Sullivan. Brian Eddy exerpt:

"Brian Eddy, lead game designer, on the early decision to include a lifelike Grogu."

“I think Grogu is one of the key elements that enabled a large audience to embrace The Mandalorian. He was the driving force, no pun intended, behind the first two seasons, the ultimate reason for the Mandalorian to do what he did. He’s pretty infectious and, yes, downright cute. The character creates a great balance between the epic battles and the human touch of the relationship of Mando and Grogu. It gives them both a place to grow and evolve.

“So it was important for me to make sure he was included in a big way. It was actually the first item I put on the playfield when starting to lay out the game. I had a 3D printed Grogu about the same size as what is in the game and was moving him all over to see where he would best fit. I wanted him as a large presence, so when people walked up to the game it would evoke those same feelings from the show. He looks amazing and has a fun integration. I’m very happy with how he and the entire game turned out.”

#2647 5 months ago
Quoted from fishinorgolfin:

What if his eyes light up, his little hand flips around so that his palm is up, and the ball levitates off of the magnet. Now that would be cool.

Reverse polarity with a vertical ball guide and there you go!

#2648 5 months ago

Anyone think a Beskar color coated coin door would be a good mod?

#2716 5 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Here is the guy who bought the 16k Mando LE. Now he needs to sell. [quoted image]

Is he letting the fiance's parents go, or the pinball machine?

#2722 5 months ago

It also says all 3 versions have a motorized rotating upper playfield with 6 standups and 2 flippers..

#2725 5 months ago

Would anyone say that this is Brian Eddy's modern The Shadow? BTW what is the game acronymn? TM?

#2842 5 months ago

Brian Eddy called Gorgu "a "fun integration" and he's a grown man like most of us here. I doubt Mr. Eddy thinks a static doll is fun. Or if he does, that's ok too. Seems to me, Gorgu is more than what it looks like at first glance. Next Friday we will know I guess during the gameplay reveal.

#2886 5 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So 25-30% scalpers markup is acceptable with you? You do realize many distros don’t charge tax, give discounts for paying without a CC and even offer free shipping.

These days you can get as much or more by paying with a CC that has a high percentage awards.

#2888 5 months ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I'm seeing a lot of people question where certain shots lead to and such. I put out a quick video (6 mins - no fluff) going over the shots for those interested.

Did not look at the video yet. What happens to a ball that gets ambushed? (Meaning the scoop is up and ball goes through..)

#2889 5 months ago
Quoted from pookycade:

So at the risk of offending some people, what is the value added here by distributors ? I understand in olden days you would visit the shop and order and then to pick it up. But these days all it seems a distributor does is put in the order at Stern on your behalf and Stern drop ships it directly to you. Please correct any misconceptions I have here as I admit being mostly clueless about their business model here.

Olden days you could play it first at the distro location.

#2894 5 months ago

Anyone else (I do see a few posted here already) interested in sharing what they paid for a fully-paid Mando LE? I paid MSRP plus shipping.

#2905 5 months ago

I think someone posted that some distros were on order lists (whatever the process is I am not sure) for any Keith Elwin game coming up before any sort of info on it. Is this true? I kind of felt this way when Brian Eddy came back to pinball designing given his track record and my MMR at home. I wanted a Stern designed by Brian Eddy. Stranger Things was not it for me. This theme is exactly what I was hoping Eddy would be on. It will be an amazing pin, I am sure there's some input from Eddy with Dwight Sullivan's software design as well. That's why I pounced on a Mando LE...

#2938 5 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where was the UV lighting in the stranger things promo? There is hope!!

A new hope.

#3013 5 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did he mention anything about a moving Grogu?

Brian Eddy sort of says that Grogu has no animation but he's talking about how an animated Grogu would be a maintenance issue on location. So it could have been in the non-location type machines, premium/LE but who knows? Listen at 26:45...

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/19099136

#3022 5 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

He does state "something special he does..." so I wonder what that refers to?
Maybe when the magnet catches the ball the do a dramatic lighting effect and set off the shaker to try to make it a moment?
Looking forward seeing more gameplay footage.

That's a cool insight you make. Turn on the shaker when the magnet has the ball and Grogu shakes. Interesting.

#3156 5 months ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Here's some context on that reaction since you're pointing this out publicly.
My father and I were close when I was growing up. A big thing that we shared was Star Wars. Over a decade ago I had to physically carry him into the ER at a hospital. Within a few days he contracted sepsis and I watched his health and body take an even more horrible downturn. I ended up having to inform him that the doctors couldn't do anything for him and he was going to die. We had a conversation that night about everything knowing he wasn't going to make it past the next 24 hours. The next morning I stood by his bedside as he took his last breath.
Fast forward to the big reason why I play pinball and do content for pinball. It's to cope with that type of trauma that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Now combine pinball and something that I shared with my deceased father, which is a love of Star Wars, all of those memories flooded back instantly.
So maybe for you, there's nothing to be excited about. And maybe for you, someone getting excited about something that you don't consider exciting is embarrassing. Fair enough, you do you, you're entitled to your opinions.
For me, I regret nothing and will never be embarrassed or ashamed for tearing up over emotions felt from remembering something I shared with my deceased father.

Your Father raised a good man it seems. My Dad always said you can tell a lot about a guy by the way he treats his Father. RIP Dad 1/27/17 worst day of my life. Maybe this poster thought you were adding to the hype in prices. Who knows?

#3168 5 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

just jabber on about the stupidest shit, we got nothing better to do it seems, except me, I am waiting to get a colonoscopy right now...

Next time go to the doctor to do that.

#3197 5 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Now, who wants to bet that someone is going to show up at the reveal playing the pin wearing a Mandalorian helmet?

More likely a Baby Yoda outfit.

#3201 5 months ago

The best I can tell, with the LE add-ons over the Premium version, we are paying about $500 (at MSRP) for the "limited" part of it. Personally, I have no issue with that. It is my one and only, first, Stern pin and I've been waiting since Ghostbusters to find the right machine. I pounced on an LE like Grogu on a hopping frog. Wait too long and that frog is out of range and baby Yoda goes hungry. The Premium with side armor is pretty sweet though...

#3204 5 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Which side armor? I don’t see anything specific on the Stern site, I may not be looking in the correct spot.

Check out TWIP website they have an accessory video there.

#3205 5 months ago
Premium Side Armor Mandalorian (resized).jpg
#3212 5 months ago

Anyone think a Mandalorian gun handle shooter, trigger activated, could be modded on this pin? Ala IJ IPA, Dirty Harry...I know those were bolted on. Or maybe modded to replace the lockbar button with a trigger activated gun mounted there?

#3246 5 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is the first time in a long time they haven’t streamed the game right after reveal. I’m sure this factored into it. People need to see the game being played at least when there is no scarcity.

Dwight Sullivan said he is still coding it during the TWIP podcast.

#3312 5 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Without Lyman involved, you can’t call any team a dream team. No disrespect meant to the other coders at Stern...but it is Lyman and then everyone else...and it’s not close.
No Lyman, no dream team...no matter who else is involved.

What is Lyman working on these days? Is he on Godzilla?

#3328 5 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, it’s all subjective of course and GOT is certainly a good game... Lyman has coded more of what are generally considered masterpieces than any other coder (likely all other modern coders combined, frankly)...I don’t think anyone can reasonably deny that. Keith would be in second place.

Dwight Sullivan says that he, Lyman and Keith Johnson all worked coding Revenge From Mars. That was a coding dream team. Gomez led it and Eddy worked on it as well:

Listen at 42:30:

https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-ep-26-mandalorian

#3357 5 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

If you want to get technical, then the mini PF does rotate around a pivot point that changes its pitch, the same way pilots describe changing pitch during take off as rotation. But I agree that most people would interpret "rotation" to mean something more akin to yaw than pitch.
Technically, though, the marketing is accurate in this case.

Technically, the servo actuator rotates.

#3466 5 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

All this mini playfield rotation talk reminds me of an old expression from way back which dealt with a certain extended middle finger and the accompanying verbal instructions of "sit on it and rotate"... which is exactly the sentiment I want to convey to all the rotational BS talkers. When did pinball devolve into a battle of semantics? It moves in a rotational relationship between the main playfield and the mini playfield. The path it takes places it on a 90 degree perpendicular axis which is collinear with a line drawn from left to right across the main playfield. Wether it has an actual axis of rotation on a pivot point or a virtual one by way of movement, one thing is patently certain and obvious, it fucking rotates. If something has an axis of rotation, it rotates, wether it makes a complete 360 degree arc, or not.

Just wanted to jump in on this in a FUN way. Nothing else. A pinball playfield is not horizontal, it in itself, is rotated from a horizontal axis for proper gameplay. Even the pro mini playfield is therefore, "rotated", since it has a parallel axis to the rotated static playfield. The Premium/LE mini playfield has that and relative rotation to the statically positioned main playfield.

#3473 5 months ago
Quoted from mizzou:

As someone who is NOT a pilot but who is an air traffic controller I say this......pilots are lame...

The rotating mini playfield has auto-pilot.

#3488 5 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's the way the magnets act. Addams and GB grab the ball randomly in different spots. It's not the same confined area all the time. and the pulses are shorter, which means it doesn't lock the ball down, drag it across the wood and release it. Short pulse just changes direction of the ball in a fraction of a second. Pulling the ball tight to the wood, then dragging it a specific direction, will dig a trench in the playfield.

Could this have been done with a "sacrificial" surface? Magnet under the playfield, but that "under the playfield" segment is a drop in flap that can be replaced and hooked up after wear becomes unacceptable to the owner? Every engineering issue has a solution. Just takes time to find it and make it cost effective in this case.

#3502 5 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

*Sigh* It's called rotate because the plane literally rotates. This is my final post on this topic, and anyone over and done with this argument can skip this. And if anyone wants the elementary version of this, check out the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum webpage on "How things fly" which says:
"Rotation around the front-to-back axis is called roll.
Rotation around the side-to-side axis is called pitch.
Rotation around the vertical axis is called yaw."
Pitch, yaw, and roll are all subcategories of rotation, just like how a cow is a mammal, which is also an animal. Many terms are more general, and others more specific to better communicate what you mean. If you said, "the plane moved," then someone would ask, "how did it move?" You can be more specific and say, "it rotated," but a plane can rotate on a lot of axis, so it's better to specify on which axis you rotated. Did you execute a lateral rotation to the left, or more simply, "yaw left" or "yaw to port"? Did you rotate the plane such that the nose pulls toward your head? Then you changed the "pitch." Did you rotate left or right along an axis that runs down the fuselage? Then you "rolled."
Pitch, yaw, and roll are more succinct and specific terms to describe a rotation. From a marketing standpoint, the unfortunate reality is that "pitch" doesn't work great as a verb or adjective to describe rotation. It'd be awkward to say the mini PF is a "Pitching playfield" or "A playfield that changes pitch" in promo materials, so it becomes a "Rotating playfield."
Done. Let's play pinball

Edited: So it's pitch (rotation around side-to-side axis) and not roll or yaw on Mandalorian? And roll (rotation around front to-back axis) not pitch or yaw on JPPOTC?

#3505 5 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I would describe JJ POTC's mini PF as rockin'

And IJ IPA Path of Adventure as well.

#3506 5 months ago

27 minutes without a thread post? Bump...

#3509 5 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Dwight mentioned in the Super Awesome Pinball podcast that there's no lane by the "D" in C-H-I-L-D. Did anyone catch how the "D" is lit?

Dwight Sullivan on that podcast also said there were surprises. Maybe that's one of them for him to point it out like he did.

#3520 5 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So the stream is this Friday correct? Does anyone know if it will be the premium version as well as the pro?

There's a Dead Flip thread on Pinside I think you could ask there or ping Mr. Danger directly he's here under Dead Flip I think.

#3525 5 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Upper playfield tilts, there is no rotation.

#3533 5 months ago

Sincere post regarding the LE backglass. What precautions are made in shipping or receiving at home so it doe not break? If it does break, does Stern have replacements? Is there a translite shipped with the backglass as well? Thanks!

#3542 5 months ago

And in the final analysis, from you all I've learned that yes, the Mandalorian mini playfield has pitch, like an airplane, which is front-to-back rotation around a side-to-side axis shown in the reveal video. Tilt is not rotation, in itself, just a way to describe relative axis positioning from normal axes for the axis of rotation. "Rocking" is roll, like an airplane, side-to-side rotation around a front-to-back axis, which is what JPPOTC mini playfield does. Stern is correct, the Mandalorian mini playfield rotates. So does the JPPOTC one. Thanks for the insight!

#3578 5 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just for anyone talking Child rollovers. Incase you hadnt noticed, the C lane is actuwlly just the left orbit switch. If the D is not a lane then this game has the fairly standard 3 lane setup?

That's true, left orbit guide isolates the C. Also, it's a matter of how far over can the magnet can actually throw the ball, meaning the outside rollover switches are not really reachable from the magnet position and lane hardware.

#3676 5 months ago

Isn't that Anakin not Luke S?

#3691 5 months ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but I pretty sure the Grogu starts to move his head downward at the 1:34 mark in the reveal video. you have to slow the video down all the way to see it because it happens right when the camera cuts.

The "C" in C-H-I-L-D was reachable out of the pops at 1:27 as well.

#4006 5 months ago

38:40 of the stream, the wedge bulb rolls down the playfield. The ball falls off the wire form a few times. Those are the only drawbacks I can see, the game looks great! I hope Brian re-visits the wire form design especially the transition of plastic to wire form that returns to the left flipper on the left ramp shot. Ball falls right off the wire form there. Also falls off on the ambush return.

#4098 5 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

they should have put Gomez on team as toy designer. When your company designs a pinball that begs for an animatronic toy and you employ a Master Toy Maker, why not ask him to design something? That is what he did for EHOH with the mansion and this is really no different. That this would push the bom too high is a valid reason for not doing it. But as a consumer I want to see lots of cool stuff. I want every game to be best, not just adequate.
Geez, even Transformers had a cool transforming toy under glass ... oh wait, no it didn’t. There was no cool transformer in Transformers, so nothing should have been expected here.

George Gomez modeled the Razor Crest ship in the Manadalorian pin.

#4255 5 months ago

Just binged watched Season 1 of the Mandalorian with the family, first time watching it. The Mandalorian, Din Djarin, is kind of a cross between Robocop and Batman with Clint Eastwood's voice cadence. Good stuff.

#4256 5 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Fwiw, folks who program for a living tend to be pretty good at picking up new languages. The learning curve of a second language is a lot easier to manage once you learn the fundamentals on the first one.
I’d hazard a guess that anything Eddy said in interviews about “not being familiar with C++” came from a place of modesty. Also, with C++ being object oriented and the framework of the code in Mando already being there, I’m sure he’d be able to contribute easily with additions/adjustments/tweaks/fixes. It’s not as if he’d be starting with a blank slate or anything.
Probably a better question is whether Stern values Eddy’s time as a designer more than they value his time as a programmer. Harder to find good designers than programmers, I’m sure.

C++ was written to accommodate the C language and those familiar with it. The class functions are all declared globally for that reason. Java and .NET languages did not have that requirement of backwards support so every function is declared in class. Brian Eddy would be able to pick it up quickly, no more direct coding of memory allocation like in C either, ATL and MFC wrap a lot of under-the-hood C functionality in a higher level function. Smart pointers release memory automatically, .NET has automatic memory cleanup. C was more intensive of memory management. Eddy seems like a smart guy. At this stage C++ has been around a long time.

#4258 5 months ago

Can't wait to binge watch season 2.

#4268 5 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Dwight took the barren playfield of Star Wars and spun it into gold so I'm psyched he's on Mando.

Dwight and team.

#4279 5 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Two things that always make laugh the whole lazy thing. It’s so far from reality it doesn’t even register. The other is “coder” it is just so cringe. It just sounds so childish like saying he builds legos. Coder should not even be a word.

When software languages became modular, coding became the proper term. Yes. like legos is modular to individual bricks, easily re-deployable, that's a good analogy. I hear on the podcasts, Brian Eddy uses the term "programming". Programming is more archaic for C languages/assembly maybe and probably COBOL, things like that that are not modular, more of a all encompassing standalone program of functionality from start to finish. I've been a software engineer for over 20 years, code is the term of choice now and I started programming in C as well.

#4283 5 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I am also in software never in my life have I heard the word coder in a professional situation. The word code sure but to actually call someone a coder. It just sounds so amateur and childish. I would love to drop it in a meeting just to see the look on peoples faces. Notice you called yourself an SE you didn’t say I’ve been a coder.

Yes you are right. The proper term there would be developer. Anyone that submits code to source control is a developer.

#4307 5 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've developed several compilers for C-based languages (C++/ObjC/ObjC++) and the term "programming" is what we commonly use. If you like the term "coding", great, but this idea that it's an industry standard term is false.

I've worked for a grand total of 2 software companies. I tend to stay. I don't speak for an industry just my experience. It's ok no offense. In Boston we call a sandwich from Subway a grinder. It's not wrong, tastes the same as a sub or hoagie and costs about the same, although in England I noticed that some places put corn on a sandwich shop grinder, that seems like not an industry standard.

Thats_just_your_opinion (resized).jpg

#4308 5 months ago

Anyone have thoughts on the topper? I am hoping for interactive IG-11.

Edit: Made a separate topic...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-the-mandalorian-topper

#4328 5 months ago

Just a comment nothing more. IJ IPA was manufactured using hand drawn models, assemblies and drawings. That was done in 1993. Not that long ago. Technology advances, productivity improves. Heck today, CNC machine software can gather manufacturing data straight from 3D models, no drawings needed. Software advancement requires constant learning. It is the way.

#4341 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ummm, where do you think the model that was scanned came from?

Scanned? I'm talking about 3D CAD models, CAD files.

#4352 5 months ago

Not to beat a dead horse but in this interview: (there are some season 2 spoilers in the interview)

https://ausretrogamer.com/interview-with-the-mandalorian-pinball-designer-brian-eddy/

Brian Eddy states "The programmer, Dwight Sullivan, is doing a fantastic job achieving that feel while adding in some long-term strategic elements for the more skilled players, like saving Beskar to trade at the Foundry for features."

In my humble opinion, I would use the term "software developer" or in Dwight's case "lead software developer" instead of programmer. That's all. Either way, Dwight and his team are some talented people.

#4357 5 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Totally agree on this. Science in general is largely 'people standing on the shoulders of the people before them'.. And it tends to work best when they aren't getting their ankles bitten out of spite while they're at it. Gatekeeping your knowledge is selfish and jaded, imo.
I understand the sentiment of bitterness and the "kids today have it so easy" viewpoint, but it's important to remember that expectations and system requirements are scaling up as the tools/libraries/modules are. There are better tools today, sure, but end users are also asking for more and more every day.
There are hard workers and lazy people in all fields and across all "eras" in those industries. Totally unfair to make sweeping generalizations about the work ethic of the people who came after you.

It is important though that people get credit for their work. There are some rare and valuable people in engineering who are original idea/original solution/innovators and preyed on sometimes by more vocal co-workers or bosses who take the credit to themselves instead. That's a mistake, real problem solvers need to be retained and valued. I don't think that's the argument here at all, but it should be noted. Software development tools have evolved for productivity and financial reasons, collaboration reasons and others. The engineering problems to solve may be different but the problem solving skill set is still and should be, much valued in the right environments. In that sense, it is nice in today's software environment that you can work for a boss that did your job in the past. That boss has a keen understanding of what your value is.

#4359 5 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Please entertain me with a topic related to Stern's Mandalorian pinball machine...
Is anyone concerned with the ball dribbling off the right wireform? It seems to be from where the up/down scoop's wireform meets the one coming from the right. Hope that is getting sorted in production.

Also dropped a lot just on the return from the right where plastic meets wire form. Someone slowed it down on the video when Mike V was playing.

#4372 5 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Great tip!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now a picture of stormtroopers taking a class on weapon shooting accuracy, that would be funny. Seems like they only exist to find creative ways to shoot them down in Star Wars movies. They can't hit the broadside of a barn from a foot away.

#4402 5 months ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

OK, on a serious note. How do I hide my LE from my wife? I figured out the "don't have it delivered while she's home" thing, but not how to camouflage it once it's in place.

...Put a sticker on it that says Mandalorian Pro.

#4419 5 months ago

Munster Madness right here...in this thread. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...I mean coding.

#4421 5 months ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

for the upper playfield, i can see chimp-flipping and then keeping both flippers extended as a possible strategy. keeps a consistent smaller gap between the flippers vs the huge gaps that result from single flips.
balls will be coming back quickly at angles off the standups. with both flippers extended, these rebounds will encounter the flipper tips and should reduce the probability of draining. might even trap up more balls for better control, as well. with single flips, rebounds toward the lowered flipper are likely to get caught behind the raised one, resulting in certain drains. [quoted image]

It's real counterintuitive playing, keeping the flipper up when not using it instead of down.

#4426 5 months ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

no drains should result from balls hitting the backs of flippers.[quoted image]

That's the risk part keeping just one flipper, non-ball cradled one in the up position. Hafta coordinate taking hand off the non-flipping one and flipping the other. Just have to practice it.

#4438 5 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Both good options

Pinballs.com I think is East Coast #1 distributor in volume.

1 week later
#4739 4 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My issue is with both kids getting they’re braces Im left having to sell if I purchase this year lmao

Just a tip maybe relevant maybe not, in case you did not know. Check with your insurance there's sometimes a one-time orthodontist benefit of $2000. I believe it is a health insurance benefit not dental insurance if yours is separate, but check them both as it's been years since i used mine. Good luck!

#4760 4 months ago

The balls are not falling off the plastic ramps like the premium wire form in the previous stream.

#4776 4 months ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm really not liking that multi-ball is lit and started by just repeatedly shooting the center target/ramp shot. That seems really dull and makes it a gimme frankly - you can start the first MB within like 15 seconds of starting a game. Where is the challenge there? I guess you don't get many points without stacking a mode, but still... Just doing something else to lite the locks would have been nice.
Did the Premium have the "Sneaky levels" mechanism of soft plunging into the mini Playfield (not sure you physically can) to get additional upper pf target completions? And what was the reward for completing those? I liked the look of that mechanism, but I couldn't tell what was to be gained there, scoring from that was virtually nil...

Jack, on the pro demo, said that he was getting a lot of points from the encounters, thrashing on the mini playfield in other words.

#4778 4 months ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Didn't anyone notice the fricking MIRACLE that occurred at the flippers at the 1:25:45 mark? Because DeadFlip sure didn't.
DAYUM
What are the odds?

It's actually at 1:26:45.

#4780 4 months ago

Where can you order the Mandalorian shooter knob from the Premium stream? Don't see it on the Stern website shop..

#4857 4 months ago
Quoted from mlenow:

Sure, why not

Penta (resized).jpg
#4861 4 months ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

waiting on the call from Peters billiard's

Billiards is a good analogy. New game, empty pockets.

#4927 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'd prefer the stainless over the crazy bright yellow. But you have an Indy and I don't!

Brass looks best on Indy IPA.

#4962 4 months ago

Anyone know the thread specs on the Stern shooter rod?

#4966 4 months ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Anyone have any predictions where it lands in the Top 100?

An aggregate 8.6 rating is my guess. Pro not far behind.

#5014 4 months ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Thanks for sharing the link, hope i didnt screw up to much, ive never done a live video and thought that this would be neat to try.
So here is my thoughts after getting to play it. Please keep in mind that i am not a good player, or that i play often. I look at my machines morethan i play them, seriously, but to me they are art and i enjoy that aspect very much.
So theme. I am odd, i do not like syfy (star wars or star trek) at all, so i was not excited for it personally and had no intentions of adding one to my collection for that reason alone, But i think that changed today.
Randy Martinez knocked it out of the park with art. Once i set the game up, i instantly thought, im going to keep one of these. Its that nice in my opinion. I know others will be different, but that alone had me. Play. Now remember, im not a player per se, but i had a blast playing. The upper playfield is hard to hit the targets to, so it was really fun trying. Multiballs came a little easy. So for a player of my caliber, thats great, as i usually am not good enough to finish modes or such to get multiball in other games.
I know its somewhat a shitty review, but its been a long day and i only got about 15 games in before i just was to tired from working all day. Ill get a few more in tommorow, then ill be sending this game down to cp pinball in st louis tommorow afternoon.
All in all, great game, great art, and i will be happy to have one in the collection.
[quoted image]

Anybody seen a Stern Mando banner yet?

#5102 4 months ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Does anybody have any idea what the topper is gonna be yet?

Not yet but specific discussion is here as well:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-the-mandalorian-topper

#5144 4 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

For those that played the pro. How is the plastic ramps?

From the streams it can be seen that the ball drops off the plastic ramp aren't there like on the wire forms.

#5146 4 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m curious about it blocking the view. I can adjust the metal ones usually but I am not a fan of plastic especially across the playfield

From the posts here it sounds like there will be a wire form alternative for the Mando Pro version, whether it's a retrofitted premium/LE wire form or aftermarket mod for anyone that wants that.

#5149 4 months ago

Anyone think the Razor Crest accessory shooter knob should have been on the LE out-of-the-box?

#5150 4 months ago

Any concerns about using a shaker with Spike 2 boards?

#5153 4 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes, topper should be included also but I don't blame Stern for their business model with demand being what it is.

I would have been happy with the shooter knob NIB and the topper remaining an accessory.

#5191 4 months ago

An inane comment while waiting for the Mandalorian pin delivery: It looks like Skywalker on the right sling plastic is the "older" Luke. Possibly Stern did the design before the end of season 2?

Spoiler:

Luke was CGI'd as age appropriate a few years after ROTJ.

#5194 4 months ago

Gameplay questions:

Stern gameplay descriptions state "Complete Missions to light extra ball." Meaning, does it take 5 missions (all of them) to light extra ball? If so, after completing 5 missions, what would you do? Shoot the foundry scoop to collect the extra ball, then shoot the razor crest center ramp to start I Like Those Odds? Do we have to complete the mini wizard mode or does it end on a last ball drain (last ball of multi ball or current one ball)? If the mini wizard mode ends, can it be re-enabled later?

Anyone know any other ways of getting an extra ball? I know you can also "buy" one with accumulated Beskar. Can you set extra ball as a replay award? Are there any other gameplay ways to light or get an extra ball? Is there an extra ball for Grogu mystery awards?

Do completing mini wizard modes light or give an extra ball?

#5195 4 months ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Looks fine to me
[quoted image]

I noticed in the Mandalorian episode 16, that Luke's hand still looked older, even though they CGI'd his face to be younger.

#5241 4 months ago
Quoted from zaki:

I love star wars, but one concern I had when I heard of this game is that there is not much content, just 2 years of the show.

Based on the length of each The Mandalorian episode a season is worth 3 feature length movies. 2 seasons of The Manadalorian would be as much time content as the original trilogy and 3 prequels.

#5243 4 months ago

Really interesting situation with the LEs here. Normally, buyer's remorse might cause someone to just cancel their order. Now, it's resell the spot. Has this been the case in the past for LEs? Or is The Mandalorian just a unusually high demand driven title in that manner?

#5271 4 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

I have not seen any drops so far either.
Also: Impossible Mode looks like so much fun.

Still can't tell if impossible mode extends to the mini playfield regarding trap time.

#5275 4 months ago

I've seen enough The Manadalorian streaming gameplay. Thanks to all of the streamers and participants for that. Time to play it myself, patiently waiting for my game.

#5290 4 months ago
Quoted from zaki:

they made groot into a bash toy in gotg. and everyone likes the trees creature.

And there was a whole discussion there as well that Groot's hands did not move. Discussion is putting it politely.

#5340 4 months ago

Still have not gotten an answer. What ways can you get extra ball lit or awarded in The Mandalorian? So far I know of:

1) Buy it with Beskar.
2) Complete some # of missions, some say 3 some say all 5, which would enable "I Like Those Odds" mini wizard if 5 are completed. I think this lights extra ball and a foundry shot collects it?

Any other ways known? I assume a replay award can be an extra ball as well..

#5347 4 months ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Mystery award from Grogu

Yes forgot that one. Anyone know much about the mini wizard modes? Do they stay around until you finish them or fail and you have to re-enable the mode somehow?

#5453 4 months ago

I played a few games of The Mandalorian Pro on location. It is a flowy shooter, it is easy to see that expert scores will be in the billions. I know Dwight said on the Premium stream that the goal was 100,000,000 is a good game but players will blow that up for sure.

Things I noticed that were issues (however minor some are )...

1. When holding the flippers for game diagnostics, one screen states "Launchs the ball" instead of "Launches the ball".
2. On the Mando Pro, game directions on the LCD still state "shoot the right scoop", even though there is no right scoop on the Pro.
3. During multi-ball, the balls clogged up the mech to the player's left of the Grogu doll and the ball search could not free them.

I do not know what code version was on the machine I played. It was at The Double Bull in Peabody, Massachusetts. My kids, 6 and 7, loved it and are looking forward to our Mando coming in soon to our home. I think the LCD made a big impression on them liking it.

One aside, The Double Bull has currently 10 machines, Led Zep, AIQ, TMNT, STh, Mando Pro, Stern Star Wars, BM66, Iron Maiden, Stern NBA and a nice AFM with ColorDMD that I have seen at another local location in the past I think. We really enjoyed Stern NBA, first time I ever played it. Wasn't so keen on Led Zep, I think a music pin in a location and not being able to hear the band due to environmental noise lessens the experience maybe.

#5648 4 months ago

The Grogu figure head in the above post is looking in a different direction than the released pictures.

Mandalorian-Pro (resized).jpg

#5719 4 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

Hey, it may be a firstworldproblem, but its OUR collective firstworldproblem! This is a safe space.

The money going into buying these pins took effort to make and accumulate. No reason whatsoever to be apologetic for the rewards of hard work.

#5766 4 months ago
Quoted from JPloof:

The inevitable metal ramp mod for the pro would like to have a word with you, lol.

The air ball protectors on GB would like to have a word as well.

#5771 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

My friends game just chipped after 133 plays. Watch the ball guide on the left hairpin turn. There’s pics by Lermods and Gusphan in the club thread. I will get a pic this weekend.

link?

#5774 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Not my pic but my friends is the same. Ball guides dug in. [quoted image]

Looks like where the right scoop would be on the Premium/LE. From the pictures of the Premium/LE playfield, there is no ball guide there, just on the Pro. is that post supporting the ramp on the Pro? Hard to tell from pictures. Pro owners should probably put a washer there?

#5777 4 months ago

Yup I got that. I am just surmising that the Premium/LE might not have the issue with that particular post as there's no ball guide there.

#5780 4 months ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

No. The damage is where the edge of the ball guide is resting on the playfield. Up and to the right of your circle. I think that silver area is supposed to be black.
See: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/3#post-6352379

A post washer might lift that edge.

#5811 3 months ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I finally had a chance to play about a dozen games on Mandalorian yesterday and a IT IS A BLAST! Like most everybody on this thread, I love the show which makes this pin all the more enjoyable with all the video assets. I think this will be a great machine to mod out... and upgrade the speakers.

LE has upgraded speakers just thought I'd throw that out there, maybe those speakers can be obtained through Stern for other models, not sure.

#5947 3 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

The Foundry is now available
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mandalorian-foundrymod

This is the Way

Welcome to the Foundry. Who said that?

#5982 3 months ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

LE landed at my home this evening!
[quoted image]

Is that the LE number (500) written on the box? Just curious...

#5989 3 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yup, look closely at the screen[quoted image]

Is there a LE serial number plaque somewhere on the machine?

#5991 3 months ago

Question on current production Stern pins. Mando will be my first Stern. Are they using fiber board on cabs anymore? Pics here seem to show even the Mando Pro has a plywood bottom. When did Stern start doing that? It seems GB has an MDF bottom (2016)...

#5995 3 months ago
Quoted from mlenow:

#17 on the top 100! Haha. I know it's probably not a real possibility but I don't think reviews should count unless there are comments attached. I enjoy reading people's individual reactions to the game and feel like just throwing up a number by itself is akin to all those Human Resources surveys that I blast through without thinking

That's actually pretty good for a Stern Pro version. I expressed here that I thought Mando Premium/LE would be an 8.6 rating machine.

#5999 3 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’d be shocked if the LE didn’t start in the top 5-7 and then settle around 13-15.

8.6 would be 15th currently, so I agree.

#6024 3 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Here comes a wall of photos.
FedEx said they couldn't deliver it until at least next week, so I went to the local hub to save the Child from their evil grasp.
Well packaged. Tip to others that are new to Stern NIB, the side that says you may truck from that side, this is where you will gently use a box cutter to open the box. The legs come loose inside cardboard sleeves that serve as corner protectors (do not pull up on these, you would risk the legs falling forward into your nice mirrored back glass).
The mirrored backglass is amazing in-person, photos cannot do it justice.
The artwork is awesome, very well done. The whole package is (near) perfect. This will always be at the end of our lineup, it is a very sharp looking package.
The Invisiglass is incredible. It makes me so mad that I feel as though I can't go back to "non-HD glass" - once the genie is out of the bottle, hard to put back in. At least my wife doesn't have to put much effort into gifts in the near future, I want to upgrade all the glass on our machines.
The pinballs were super shiny and packed with desiccant, no rust or pitting so I felt comfortable using these instead of Ball Barron.
The only issue I have is incomplete powder coating of our lockdown bar (nothing like spending all this money for rust out of the box). Will contact our distributor to see what Stern will do about this.
This machine FLOWS so well. The shots are not clunky, the flippers feel great and it is pretty impressive how well it shoots out of the box. It is a FAST game, the english put on the balls makes for some crazy action.
The upper playfield is a huge success in my opinion. We are having so much fun controlling the ball up there and attempting to keep accuracy for those shots to 100%, it gets VERY intense progressing through the levels. The playfield is not static at all (pitch, yaw, roll whatever we agreed this technically is based on perspective) and feels like this is going to keep the game fresh. I've played the pro (at least $60 worth) at Birdfish in Ohio and the mini-playfield is worth the upgrade in my opinion. Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE the Pro and think it is probably one of the best values Stern has put out in some time (though I hope someone will put out a wireform kit for owners, yet another reason to have the Premium/LE).
The magnet for the Child needs to be dialed in (less power I think) as it only throws it back down the left orbit or into the area of the Razorcrest. It is a neat addition and feels like the Pro is a little emptier without it.
That "shadowesque" loop/scoop to ramp diverter is one of the most satisfying shots in the game. Flowing from one to another, especially when lit for a jackpot, is a great feeling.
The light show, music/sound design add to the overall intensity of the game... very well done. I love the Carl Weathers callouts and truly appreciate the effort into making a cohesive package for sound. Tough to appreciate this on the pro in a noisy bar, the home environment allows this game to shine.
The code, well, it feels like the least polished of all (though still very happy with the game). I look forward to updates, modes, and squashing some bugs present.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are there still balls falling off the wire forms?

#6053 3 months ago

Anyone planning on installing a playfield protector? If so, do ramp flaps have to be removed?

#6103 3 months ago

Any suggestions on what pinballs should be used with the Premium/LE, regarding the pf magnet?

#6109 3 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The magnet can be pretty crazy powered. It threw the ball up over the ramp yesterday. Dwight should power it down to a crawl to mimic Grogu slowly pulling the ball with the force and possible add in some control with the action button letting the ball go when your over the lane you want the ball to go down to award you. Also Dwight if your here(i know your watching) the shaker is terribly to powerful. Every shake is full power even at minimum setting. Calm it down and make it build up. Also theres moments where all the playfield lights are off except the mini playfield that needs some work.

You can report this stuff straight to Stern:

[email protected]

#6110 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Titan standard shiny pinballs will work great in all games.

Is there an aftermarket product, if I remember properly there is, that de-gausses the balls while they are in the trough?

#6117 3 months ago

Would that Cara Dune sticker get torn up pretty quickly or is it worth it?

#6122 3 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Dwight is here reading/following so its much easier for him to see stuff here specific to his game then go through whatever happens at Stern i feel. Plus I've reported bugs before there even with videos of issues and no response where I've chatted with Dwight now a few times here and on streams so i just find it easier for him to notice by posting here.

Knowing how this works in practice because I have the same type of software job, using the general email will allow anyone on Dwight's team to pick it up and take a look at it as well. Always more effective to do that than send correspondence straight to an individual, even if it is the lead person. Your input will result in a customer case in their trackable system. Multiple reports of the same issue by others will most likely escalate the issue at Stern.

#6130 3 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yes there was four games played before shipping. Was a hairline crack at the metal post and then when I played three games I split in half. This is a known issue with all models so check your machines. The plastic has to be reinforced and metal extended longer or this will just happen again. No way to fix but replace the entire long plastic ramp.

I wonder if the steepness of the ramp takes more direct ball strikes than a normal ramp position.

#6132 3 months ago

Love this forum, Pinside in general. I have not even taken delivery yet and know what I need to do to prevent some issues from posters here. Thanks!

#6138 3 months ago

Anyone know what Stern is doing about the left ramp cracking issue? Are they supplying a thicker ramp or ramp with a better ramp protector or just replacing the ramp as-is?

#6158 3 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That’s what I was thinking. Can someone else with an LE confirm they get these tech alerts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

What happens when you press Select and test it?

#6161 3 months ago

I thought it might have something to do with the EOS override for the mini pf left flipper auto cradle to feed multi-balls. BUT, surprising that the right flipper has the issue as well.

#6173 3 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Good idea to go over a lot of the screws… on my LE at least on the top of the playfield I found several that were loose holding on plastics etc. really really loose in fact. Also my right wire form return slid completely off of the post and that was loose after one game. Wouldn’t be Pinball if something didn’t need to be tightened!
So far I love the game and I feel like I don’t need to MOD anything much I’m sure there will be a lot of stuff upcoming but I’ve currently only done the speaker lights and the Lermods green Grogu flasher. Highly recommend that one it looks great in the back left corner.

I was thinking no mods except the foundry scoop light. I'll look at that one.

#6174 3 months ago

In the first Twitch stream, Mando Premium, the bulb near Grogu kept falling out and rolling down the playfield. Is this still an issue?

#6198 3 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

Anybody know how you get the extra balls? I get them but have no idea how I got them. Lol.

Listed here in this thread in earlier posts.

1. Grogu mystery award.
2) 3 or 5 missions completed.
3) Buy with Beskar.
4) If replay award is configured.

#6199 3 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

Also, how does The Foundry get lit up? This is so incredibly valuable (imo)to progress to wizards.

Can you elaborate? There is a foundry light at some point? I ask because there are some foundry light mods, wonder if that negates some gameplay.

#6214 3 months ago

So what is the actual game acronymn for this, Mando?

#6217 3 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Update .....time , this will go into our league machine this week for test. Should easily see 100 plays this week. I will follow then, also for pricing I'm trying work it out, it's a pretty tedious to paint and tie on the ropes
[quoted image]

Roasted marshmallows. Looks good!

#6220 3 months ago

If The Shadow is TS, The Mandalorian could be TM I guess but that is Time Machine. TMN? or Mando works...

#6230 3 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

If they were pined.
Basically a nail up thru stake.
If you could print them hollow and insert a nail or metal pin Up thru bottom with rubber cement I believe that would keep them from snapping off.

Imbedding it in block of clear lexan and internally lighting it would be cool. Could even make it look like a static sand storm in the lexan.

#6239 3 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

I helped a buddy set up his LE tonight and wow that backglass Is F’n awesome !
[quoted image]

Would love to see someone do a beskar colored speaker panel cover.

#6243 3 months ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Update on this.I used a standard pinball and mounted it to the Child’s hand with a pretty small piece of a product called “Alien Tape” which is a spongy and extremely sticky double-sided tape. It’s also removable. I got it on Amazon.
I did this as a test while I locate a better option than a heavy pinball. I will say that after a day and a half and quite a few games (with shaker) it’s still stuck solid. I’m actually quite surprised.
If anyone finds a better spherically shaped, chrome plastic orb to go in its place I’m interested. I thin a 1” ball would also work well for relation to his hand size.

If you can get Grogu to do that Harlem Globetrotters one hand roll over the back shoulder to the other hand move that'd be impressive!

1:54

#6250 3 months ago

I've seen those. Was hoping for a solid beskar colored one, no background graphics. That would look sharp. Kind of like the Star Trek LE had.

#6251 3 months ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

If anyone finds a better spherically shaped, chrome plastic orb to go in its place I’m interested. I thin a 1” ball would also work well for relation to his hand size.

You could 3D print one, light fill.

#6257 3 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Finally got caught up on printing, so I was able to run the rest of Moff Gideons Light cruiser. And this thing is epic huge, there's still a lot of work to be done on this one and I have no clue on pricing but I would probably guess that it will be a limited run for them. I know there will be questions on site lines, I'm 6ft and the only issue I the right target next to the upper flipper.
I will report back when I have it dialed in 100%

Seems like a Pro model mod only as the rotating (pitching) playfield will impact it?

pitch (resized).jpg
#6281 3 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Here's the release notes for 0.97 Prem/LE.

They fixed a couple of things I reported to the Stern bugs email. "Fixed some text that referred to the RIGHT SCOOP" was one of them (there's no right scoop on the Pro) and a spelling error for "Launchs the ball". Nice to see.

#6283 3 months ago

Anyone have the quick guide for upgrading Stern machine code? My first Stern and at 0.96 currently when I get it tomorrow.

#6291 3 months ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

This is NOT the way.
This why you always inspect the box before you sign for a delivery. Carriers should be more careful when you pay that much for delivery. Now we wait, unbelievable.
To be continued.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you refuse delivery or just have the driver write it up?

#6300 3 months ago

Mando LE in the house!

Mando LE Delivered 071421 (resized).jpg
#6323 3 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

One of the reasons why I pay cointaker for white glove delivery. They bring the box to me from their site, unbox make sure its ok and only then do they leave. Any issues are documented and Cointaker is just awesome to deal with. Worth the extra bit for my peice of mind and I dont have to do shit!

You want to make sure that the delivery truck has a lift gate. Mine got delivered in a standard truck and I noticed that they took it off the pallet/skid and laid it down on top of other stuff because two guys were lifting the box out of the truck. Was not happy about that, that it was off the skid. This machine was flown into Boston. I'm sure it was left on the skid for that part of the journey. They did bring it right in the house though and that helped me since I normally have to hand truck it into the house myself from the street or garage. There's a couple of cab decal dings but no box damage at those 2 points it seems. Not sure then if it was a delivery ding or Stern factory ding. Either way, make sure that the box stays on the skid until you possess it, request a lift gated truck.

#6332 3 months ago

For anyone that has their Mandalorian leveled already. What's the measured distance from bottom of the leg leveler to the bottom of the cab for the front legs and back legs? I want to get it close before looking at the pf level, machine is still packaged. If I have the leg levelers dialed all the way down, there's 4.5 inch difference, back is longer by 4.5 inches. My MMR is only 3 inch difference. Do I need to bring the front up? is what I am trying to delermine. Thanks!

#6336 3 months ago
Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

My wife and I really enjoy the game so far with all the shots, call outs and video assets. She got on a roll and set the GC score at 197M after only a few plays. This one is definitely going to be a popular game around here.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The factory set GC is only set to 20,000,000 if I remember correctly when did my machine resets yesterday. All of the high scores are factory set very low as well, for standard play, coop and impossible and team play.

#6345 3 months ago

Anyone think that installing a playfield protector might be a warranty problem? Meaning, a lot of the pf parts have to be removed and re-installed to get the protector in. What are the implications to the warranty?

#6358 3 months ago

Quick question. Where is the USB port to load updated game software? I see it on the schematic CN9 or something but do I have to take the back glass off to get to it?

#6368 3 months ago

Got the Mando LE leveled. Pretty much all legs should be adjusted to the same leg leveler position, meaning all leg levelers dialed all the way down (nut to the lowest position on the screw) works, which sets the machine at the lowest overall height. The adjustment is really, how high do you generally want the machine? If you want the machine an inch higher for players' standing comfort, adjust all the leg levelers for the adjustable nut to be 1 inch up. I made a machine stool to hold it up while I adjusted. Made it for my MMR about 4 years ago.

thumbnail_IMG_8419 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_8421 (resized).jpg

Edit: I noticed someone down voted this and if you do not agree with what I am stating here please add comments. I'd hate to give bad information. To me, it seems that the leg bolt holes for the back legs are 4.5 inches higher than the front leg bolt holes. My point was, that 4.5 inch difference (if all leg levelers are at the same height) gives pretty much exactly the right playfield angle to have the bubble between the 2 lines. Other people might be more exact with this, maybe using a digital level and going steeper. Just what I experienced with it, right or wrong.

#6370 3 months ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

#122 in the house . Got a banner to go with it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a plywood bottom like the rest of the LEs? If so that's a nice piece of plywood, looks like no seams in it at all.

#6375 3 months ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

This should be the mod of the year.
[quoted image]

How does it hold up is there any usage wear? Maybe it could be clear coated?

#6382 3 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I didn’t downvote this but I am at about a 6.8 and I like it front is all the way down and my bubble is slightly out of the lines but how accurate is that bubble actually?

Steeper in that case, my guess is your bubble is above the top line. In the lines, Stern says its 6.5. How high are the rear leg levelers on your machine? If you make them all the way down like your front ones you'll probably be around 6.5 and bubble in the middle. That's all I am stating here. To get to 6.8 (above 6.5) you have to dial up the rear leg levelers if the fronts are all the way down. Having all 4 leg levelers at the same height gets about 6.5 and bubble in the middle. Just interesting conversation, thanks!

#6385 3 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Here's mine at 6.5 with a 10" digital level. All my legs are basicly all the way in.
[quoted image]

Ok, bubble might not be accurate I guess but all leg levelers are the same in your case and that passes the test, as an acceptable 6.5, which is Stern's recommendation. Thanks!

#6387 3 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

that bubble is never a good way to set pitch! I was told my premium is coming next week so Im super excited. Im going to powder coat a spare set of legs/lockdown bar for this. First time im doing this. I guess Im going to try and match the LE colors, but any other suggestions?
Also what is everyones pitch on this game? Did I see some saying around 6.8?

I don't have a digital level but my point was if all the leg levelers are at the same position the pitch is going to be close to what Stern recommends. The design is in the 4.5" diff between the rear and front leg bolt holes in the cab. Keep it at 4.5" difference by having all legs levelers the same height and it's close to what Stern recommends. that's all I am saying. If you have a digital level you can figure it more directly. Great game, the LE is.

#6394 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your theory only has value if the Floor your putting the game on is dead level which is why using an Actual level or inclinometer is the correct way to set up a game. Plus in your photo your installing on carpet so your pretty much guessing.

That's a good point about a level floor as an additional consideration, thanks. The leg leveler height in my case is not a guess though. I am measuring it with the stool lifting the machine off the floor and really all you have to do is measure the thread gap between the top of the leveler foot and the bottom of the adjusting nut when the nut is tight upside against the leg flange. Just measuring exposed thread in other words, it's an accurate measurement.

#6396 3 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I know, there are people who really love stern Star Wars. I wish I was one of them but we couldn’t get a good game on it at all when I owned it. Tried to a bunch of stuff to dial it in. My buddy had an LE. We played that at his house and same story for him. He sold it in a month. My pro lasted like 5 months only because of the theme. I just put a 521M game on mando. Played way longer game than any on my SW pro. It’s cool you love it though because I bet if you’re good at it then it’s a lot of fun

Which makes it interesting, since the factory set GC is only 20,000,000. I remember Dwight saying that when designing it he was trying to make 100,000,000 a good score. I thought the scoring levels would be like MM/MMR after hearing him say that. After playing the Mando Pro on location, I posted that I thought good players would be in the billions.

#6416 3 months ago

Recieved with my Mando LE. I've only leveled one other game, my MMR, and this is my first Stern. I just wanted to give my experience that all leg levelers from Stern were dialed the same as received and that was pretty close to level as-is, for me, with a little adjustment for more steepness. That's all. It might be true that bubble between the lines is about halfway between 6.5 and 7, not 6.5, but I just set the bubble between the lines. I don't have a digital level to check it. I also wanted to show the tool I made to "stool" up my pins for leg work. The bottom 2X4 is removable. Here it is again.

thumbnail_IMG_8423 (resized).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8421 (resized).jpg

#6419 3 months ago

Anyone have thoughts on the Mezel Mods offerings? I am looking for a foundry scoop light.

#6431 3 months ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Where can we get this?

Not sure where he got his. Check eBay or here on Pinside. Same guy selling them. (The Mandalorian Stern banner).

#6433 3 months ago

Anyone think mylar is needed around The Child magnet?

#6440 3 months ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Ask your distributor. That is where I got it.

If I can ask, free or paid for?

#6444 3 months ago

Anybody install a playfield protector? Just curious.

#6465 3 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Played for the first time. Love it. Is there a good tutorial video or rule s