(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2510 2 years ago

Does anyone else think the upper playfield was supposed to be Slave 1? It is shaped vaguely like it, moves like it, and would make a lot more sense overall. My pure guess is that it was designed as Slave 1 but had to change for some reason (licensing maybe?). Depending on how it's integrated in the code, it might be an interesting mod exercise to change it. Not meant as a complaint, just an observation.

The game looks great to me so far. Can't wait to see footage and play it! I'm really glad Dwight is on it...he's probably my favorite programmer. I hope he goes slightly easier on the hurry-ups than TMNT and SW, but overall I can't wait to see what he does here! Amazing art too...every package is awesome. Very well done. Not to mention most machines look better in person than in pictures, so I can't wait to see this beauty!

#2532 2 years ago

I really do not mind the helmet, and complaining about adding target lights to it is a little silly. It's pinball...not a sideshow replica. I think it would have been cooler as Slave 1, but the helmet is fine.

I kind of wish Grogu and the Razor Crest would have their sizes swapped, but that's also a really minor complaint. With how popular the character is, featuring Grogu that prominently will definitely pull in players that may not have been interested otherwise. I'm interested in seeing more of the prem/LE magnet in action. It looked to throw it around pretty good in the shots we've seen so far. If there is no lane change, that could make lighting them all pretty interesting. Gives it a more random bagatelle feel than your typical lanes. I appreciate that since lanes are kind of boring and overused normally.

#2659 2 years ago

Just speculating about Encounters. What if they were not limited to JUST upper playfield shots? It would be cool if you had to hit all targets, then drain to the main pf for a few shots, then back to the upper to finish, or something like that. I'm thinking along the lines of Stranger Things Demogorgan modes. Yes, they are focused on the center toy, but some of the modes incorporate other shots in between. Five Demogorgan modes, and they all feel different, even though they are all based around a single shot. So hopefully all three Encounters will have a feel of their own, and maybe even incorporate different shots. That could add a lot of depth and mitigate the concerns that it's just a few stand-up targets on that upper. Just thinking out loud...

#3379 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In Dwight's Super Awesome Pinball show interview, he talked about using different steepness positions at different times during gameplay. I think that's a very cool innovation. Wonder how steep it can go before the ball falls off after a couple fast hits.
He also said for the no-rotating pro version, he was going to simulate the levels of steepness by chanigng flipper power. For example, lower flipper power could give a similar effect as a steeper mini playfield position. Will be interesting to see what that ends up playing like.

That is very interesting. That mini-pf is definitely something I need to play before deciding what model I want. Honestly it looks more fun with only one flipper, but tilting is a heck of a trick. Varying flipper power makes that an even more interesting trade-off. Of course there is still the matter of that scoop ramp being a pretty big prem/LE add...

#3454 2 years ago

There are two types of movement...linear or rotational. Pitch/yaw/tilt/spin/etc are all rotational movement. If it is going around an axis...I don't care which one...it's rotation.

Holy hell this place is getting more ridiculous by the day.

#3923 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So far I haven't heard any. Tried asking on the stream but got yelled at by at least one person lol.
Why make a Mandalorian pin if there are no Mandalorian voice clips in the game?

I wouldn't freak out too much yet. Code has the modes pretty fleshed out already, but is still obviously early. History tells us the A/V usually gets added to and tweaked later. My guess/hope, is they concentrated on the "needed" call-outs first, and will fill in with a bunch of "atmosphere" call-outs pulled from the show later. Just breath, it's very early.

#4405 2 years ago

You know what has even less to do than Munsters? Iron Man. Yet Dwight gets crucified while Lyman is worshiped.

Both are fun games, despite their shallow ruleset.

Now then...what game are we supposed to be complaining about?

1 week later
#4748 2 years ago

I have to admit...that pro upper pf looks a little more fun to me with the nudging and only one flipper. The tilting is a cool trick, but honestly seemed like it might be more frustrating than fun. Biggest thing I would miss on the prem/LE would be that scoop ramp, but that shot without the ramp looks so fun I might not miss it. Can't wait to play!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.