(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hope they don't stick him up on that barrel like the RCT troll.

Don’t lie, I know you man and you would love to watch the fallout from that

1 week later
#1585 2 years ago

I kinda hope that is the LE, makes it easy for me to go with a premium, that things hideous!! And is that really the best a baby yoda doll that I can get for £15 from a toy shop? Wire forms look fantastic though, very shadow/Elwin esque.

#1748 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It does not matter if people love it or hate it, it will sell like Hotcakes. It will also do well on location. Just like Location, Location, Location. There is Theme, Theme, Theme-Mandelorian is well received and hot right now. Good on Stern
Helps suck up the monies in the hobby-now who has some classic HUO Sterns they want to unload to pony up $9200?
Also saw little animatronic Yoda at Walmart yesterday for $59.00 that would make for a good topper or something for someone.
I am going to sit on sidelines and wait for the Pro to get polished
Cheers

Exactly! The pro art is clearly designed for location play, every character from both seasons is on there somewhere. For Stern this is the game to go on location now they are opening back up again, combine the reopenings with a theme like Mando and it’s a receipe for big sales.

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If I could find a good location-I would buy a couple Pro's to put out. It will literally be a cash register for OP's

I was interested in an LE but after watching the reveal trailer I might be more interested in a pro and I’m considering sticking it in my mates bar to help him out and earn some coin as we are reopening indoor facilities soon here in the U.K.

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

Burr is on there. Didn't grab a screenshot before the video was hidden, but right side of the playfield just above the sling.

This should work:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR3c0GPtD-wV5mCZJTpQude9l0UM_2uA6LYHXbQZeioWSM_jnLs60i05sfI&v=_f08C9JHR3s&feature=youtu.be

#2468 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Asoka is a major Star Wars character. She’s already been in two animated series, is a fan favorite, and is getting her own live action series. Luke Skywalker is freaking LUKE MOTHER F&@?ING SKYWALKER!!! How are you confused???

I hope they have the Luke scene/rescue in the game, if it is then I maybe tempted to get a premium and stick it in my mates arcade.

#2472 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Going to translate what you really mean. PFreak was unable to secure an LE, so going to put this one down with derogatory comments. Only reason was let down is no one from your list of 5 companies you were on the waiting list for dropped out, because Mandalorian is such an awesome game and you don’t want to pay scalper prices.
Smog on your Hobbit is really a stationary figure too, but yet you like it. Upper PF right flipping ball endlessly around spinning house on WOZ got old really quick too, yet you like it. Dialed In Bob the Builder going back and forth endlessly blocking shots gets super boring, yet you like it. Lol

Why does it matter to you so much, what Panzer likes and dislikes?

Not every pin is going to rock everyone’s world, I think AIQ is the best pin ever made, I have an LE and absolutely love it, but plenty of people hate it or slag it off even in the owners thread, doesn’t make a blind bit of difference to me.

Not every pin is for everyone, luckily we have a lot of manufacturers giving us all a lot of choice. I was interested in an LE for Mando but now I’ve seen it I’m quite happy to wait for gameplay and the chance to play this before maybe getting a Premium, it just didn’t blow me away like it did others, good for them I’m glad it’s amazing for those who like the look of it, same goes for those who don’t like it, the next game might take their fancy.

Buy what you like, not what others like, always works out well for me.

#2478 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Oh, please. Play the game. Then buy it if it tickles.

I’ve never had an issue buying before playing, if I can watch a gameplay stream and I’m entertained watching someone else play and it just looks fun, I know it’s for me.

I wanted a Mando LE but watching the reveal I’m not 100% sold so I’ll wait for the pro and premiums and play those first, that magnet above 5 roll overs and the mini playfield area are the only things I can’t tell if they will be fun to shoot, so I’ll wait this one out.

But sometimes you just know it’s for you, hopefully all early LE buyers are super happy once they get their pins.

#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I had an LE in hand, but decided to pass after seeing initial layout, art, etc. Still might be in for a Premium, sitting on the fence until there is some gameplay shown so can get an idea of video and audio assets, rules, flow, etc.. My guess is a lot of people are in the same boat.

Same here, but after seeing those rifle side rails, I’m even happier to wait for a premium if the game looks good after gameplay.

Those side rails are possibly the best I’ve seen from Stern in a long time, they look awesome!

#3276 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I feel like if those mini playfields had drop targets it’d be a game changer!

Knock them all down and the playfield tilts to access a new shot would have been pretty unique and special.

1 week later
#4263 2 years ago

Didn’t get chance to watch the stream and won’t get chance for another few days, was there any mention of the epic season 2 Luke finale being in the game anywhere?

Mando with a sprinkle of Luke would be perfection!

#4344 2 years ago

Dwight being lazy is ridiculous, look at how much he puts into the games he’s free to code, TMNT, Mando looks packed with code, he’s pretty much added an RPG experience into a pinball, that’s not lazy.

He did exactly what he was told to do for Munsters, it’s was clear from the start it was going to be a throwback game, pretty sure they even say as much during one of the Stern/Deadflip stream, the inserts on the playfield gave it away too.

3 months later
#7163 2 years ago

Played Mando Premium today was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, but is Luke in the code/on the LCD in any modes? Thanks

#7169 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Any close ups of sterns shooter Rod? What’s the difference with Hooked one? Cheers!

The one from Hooked will be of a much higher quality.

#7198 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Cool, Have you actually seen the stern one?

I don’t need to see the Stern one, I have brought enough from Hooked to know his will be a much higher quality. Rob doesn’t mess about when it comes to casting mods, his stuff is second to none, just check out his deadpool pop caps and compare them to sterns it’s night and day dude.

#7210 2 years ago

I saw someone had added cara dune to the shooter Lane, was that a one off?

#7223 2 years ago

Is anyone selling the interactive grogu? Or a guide for it anywhere? Thanks

3 weeks later
#7335 2 years ago

Has anyone found Luke in the code yet? Listening to super awesome pinball show he is in there but not in “this is the way”. Managed to get the mission and razor crest mini wizard modes today so guessing it’s the encounter wizard mode?

#7370 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I got the wiz blades and they're fantastic.

Link?

1 week later
#7408 2 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

Mandalorian Pro arrives in 2 weeks - Cant Wait finally!!!

Will these be the first Mandos to hit you guys down under? Congrats on the incoming Pro.

It is well worth the wait, I didn’t like the reveal photos, thought it looked boring from the reveal stream, no streams grabbed my attention so passed it by initially, then played it at U.K. Pinfest and wow! 2 LEs later it is one of my all time favourite games.

#7410 2 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

I was allocated a Mando Pro in August but was told they made a mistake lol!
so then September allocation i was getting but ship mixed up container so delayed till now
Happy its coming now and not next years run after what Ive noticed with the huge worldwide demand and delays

Wow man that sucks! But it’s most definitely worth the wait in my opinion, as I said it wasn’t even something I was interested in other than the theme but second I played a game I was hooked!!

#7413 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Join the club today by adding a nice Mando Premium to the stable. Traded out my AIQ premium. Hope I made the right decision
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"7662814cd763cb475490a1c9b840914d4f3f0285-1634467719-1800"};
//]]>

Without being able to see the rest of your collection it’s a tough question to answer. Both amazing games in their own rights, both are in my top 3 Sterns of all time, AIQ flows far better and on paper the shots are better but something about Mando as a package just has that magic about it.

AIQ is as fun to shoot as it looks, Mando shoots far better than it looks like it should both brilliant so I don’t think you will be disappointed with the change up.

#7418 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Agree with the backhand-ability on Premium/LE. Can backhand the left ramp, right ramp, right side U turn. I think I've been able to backhand the ambush shot, the U turn with the scoop down, but not sure.

You can definitely back hand the ambush shot but it’s challenging! Speaking of the ambush scoop shot that’s the reason I felt the Prem/LE was the way to go, above all else that shot is a lot of fun!

The loop shot can rocket round and out the right orbit and the ambush 180 shot itself just feels great!

I now buy and keep games that have those memorable shots that never get old and it’s the reason I sold BM66LE, the code is phenomenal but there is not a single memorable shot on BM66, for me the scoop shot on Mando is that special shot and it helps all the other shots are great to amazing too.

#7420 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One of my favorite shots is the super skill shot jackpot hurry up. Not an easy shot and lots of risk reward-love nailing it and feels satisfying.

Yeah that flasher going crazy is intense. 50% of the time I brick that shot putting too much pressure on myself or just getting too excited to make the shot

1 month later
#7468 2 years ago

Looks like Dwight updated TMNT with some tweaks, bug fixes and small additions.

Assuming he went back to TMNT while he had the chance and will sort out Mando shortly. IC update is likely not part of his .99 and 1.0 plans.

#7472 2 years ago

Don’t stern often out source the production of toppers? If that is true then it likely adds another cog to the machine that has to be part of the approvals.

#7474 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I bought the set of side rail Mando rifles and I am not sure I want to install them on my LE? I did not realize the original stock rails go down further and have a screw hole that would need to be covered up. They look super bad ass-but not sure I want to cover up screw hole and if they would look out of place with lock down bar in silver.
Has anyone else installed the rifles on the LE?

Boba is going to slap some sense into you 12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif

But seriously as cool as those side rails are I don’t think they would look right on the LE.

They are extremely cool and one of the few times I think Stern have produced must have side rails! Maybe look at selling your LE or trading for a premium + cash your way?

2 weeks later
#7482 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Was super excited to read the 1.0 update. Then I read it.

What where you expecting? There are a lot of good changes and additions to 1.0.

#7486 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have not messed around with upper post settings. Is it odd that the orbits do not flow like all the other games-yes but at the same time it is different and sometimes the dribble down adds another dimension to gameplay. I asked myself-Do all games need to have wide open orbits? I am going to hold off on the update to make sure no major bugs and then I will download and experiment with different orbit options and will probably not choose to disable. I kinda like it being different

I have it set to only operate when needed. So for grogu and super pops, makes the game shoot even better imo.

1 week later
#7496 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

New code again. Did it help???

Yes another great update

#7498 2 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Anyone having issues with their button on the lockdown bar sticking?

Yeah I have had that issue recently, playing it too much probably haha. I will take the button apart when I get round to it, check it for any plastic nubs and sand them off if all fails swap the spring or button itself.

Edit: first game I have had this issue on.

2 weeks later
#7506 2 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I've got an LE and just started playing it. Got around 20 games or so and then started to get this happening when hitting a flipper:

Any idea what switch might be going off? Pretty sure I'm not supposed to be cranking up the beskar by hitting the flipper buttons!

Go into switch test mode and hit the side of the cabinet near the flippers as if you where flipping see what switch activates on screen.

#7509 2 years ago

After seeing Rush I am once again like I was when Godzilla was revealed really happy I took the plunge on Mando. Rush looks great but it also looks like nearly every other Borg game layout wise, super happy with Mando’S very different feeling layout.

#7511 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know what it is but I cannot get enough of Mando. The layout is so unique and different it has really kept my interest.

That’s the funny thing about Mando, it is another fan layout but the genius in the design is the shots are different distances from the flippers.

It mixes up the feeling of the shots, it also helps that the majority of all the other recent sterns have had a wide open middle with the shots all the way at the back, Mando mixes that right up!

#7515 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I re-assembled it and still no dice.
When I shoot the Razor Crest shot the optos in the ramp are registering, but it just builds the award, does not give hits towards the Razor Crest multiball. I think it's a combination of the Razor Crest target with the ramp optos that builds the multiball award; if you don't hit the RC target cleanly it just builds award(?). I don't know the rules well enough to know...

Looking at the manual and also the mech itself on my LE, is it some sort of magnetic switch? There should be a little metal nut on the back of the swinging target is yours in place?

I might be totally wrong about it being.a magnetic switch but for the life of me I can’t see a switch on the swinging target and the manual mentions a magnetic sleeve.

68560B45-0A5A-49DF-AF62-C1F8CF8255D0 (resized).jpeg68560B45-0A5A-49DF-AF62-C1F8CF8255D0 (resized).jpeg
#7518 2 years ago

Cool I was right.

So if the screw is supposed to be magnetised I bet that is the issue for some. Either that or there solder has chipped so the magnetic switch doesn’t detect the screw.

#7526 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Posted in the owners forum yesterday and havnt got a response:
Anyone have a fix for the Encounter mech binding? It will not raise high enough to release the ball and search won’t find it occasionally. Pretty maddening. When I read it by hand it will bind about 4/10 times.

The encounter diverter is only a plunger/coil, there has to be something rubbing/getting in its way, I would strip out the ramps and take a look personally

#7529 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No, the spring is there. I’ll prob just have to rebuild it.

I would mate like I recommended above, it’s a simple coil mech, so if you can’t see what’s causing the binding/restriction of it disassemble the ramp and get a better look.

The main ramp is super easy to take apart and remove mate, I’ve had the whole thing out so if you need anything just ask.

#7535 2 years ago
Quoted from NullFlavor:

Anyone have issues getting the super jackpot to register on the Pro model?
It seems like it is somewhat intermittent, but if I hit it with a strong/fast shot, it seems to register like 50% of the time. The switch definitely works and if I go through diagnostics it all seems good.
I feel like I have seen it most commonly be an issue trying to collect the supers during/after a multiball, so I don't know if it *could* be software related. Perhaps the rollover just needs some adjustment though.

I would try adjusting the leaf switch first and see if there is a change in behaviour.

2 weeks later
#7546 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

For your Mando fans out there who have not seen episode 5 of The book of boba Fett, you will want to keep your eyes out for a naboo fighter ship to mod. I've probably said too much

That’s for the BOBF pin

#7548 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So you haven't seen the episode.

Saw it day of release but my Mando pin has a big razorcrest front and center.

If BOBF is any where near as popular as Mando we will see a BOBF pin and if episode 6 carries episode 5 forward it could all make a nice little mode

#7559 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks for the feedback gang. My wife and I decided to go for a pro. The choice became pretty easy to make in the end since our window to grab a premium simply closed.
Either way, we are enthusiastic to join the club. We tried to join last year but gave up and grabbed a Stranger Things, which we are also really enjoying.

Get yourself over to the owners club thread tiger

#7563 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone make a decal for the IC on premium or is wizard apron only option?

Which decal are you referring too?

Once the rules are finalised these will be available for those who want to bling up the factory cards and decals. Apron windows will also be available so all decals on the apron can be replaced.

3B26C190-AF4B-4ED3-BB7F-77A7279AB032 (resized).jpeg3B26C190-AF4B-4ED3-BB7F-77A7279AB032 (resized).jpeg
#7566 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Don’t the new machines shipping now with IC installed remove artwork from factory apron?
I’d like to cover that up.

Yeah premium and pro aprons blow and the two IC aprons, which seem to replace the window decal art and right instruction card art with IC decals.
36B25296-EDDC-47B4-A6BF-A624D38CC58D (resized).jpeg36B25296-EDDC-47B4-A6BF-A624D38CC58D (resized).jpegB0DA822F-E296-44E3-9838-736FF5315546 (resized).jpegB0DA822F-E296-44E3-9838-736FF5315546 (resized).jpegE09B9A10-2B08-4581-B709-90B7C938BE09 (resized).jpegE09B9A10-2B08-4581-B709-90B7C938BE09 (resized).jpeg
31C49DB4-F98C-4743-88C5-38C336809A94 (resized).jpeg31C49DB4-F98C-4743-88C5-38C336809A94 (resized).jpeg

#7568 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So the rule card part is simple, install a custom card.
Anyone making something for the window apron art? Don’t care for IC and would rather have the art, I can’t be the only one that feels this way.

I think 99% of people are with you mate I know I am and do not want to loose art on any of my existing games.

Easiest solution for the window is to get someone with a prem/le to create some copies of the right apron window art

As for the rest I’ve designed and made this in tandem with a fellow pinhead, apron windows will be framed along with the shooter lane.

3154E062-16B4-40D1-BCD9-D3B5005082DA (resized).jpeg3154E062-16B4-40D1-BCD9-D3B5005082DA (resized).jpeg
#7570 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

I am looking for teh upper right apron 'triangle' decal for my pro. I have removed the IC (moving to coin door) and want to cover the hole.
Can a dealer sell an emblem kit? Are the available anywhere?

I could remove mine and take a hi res photo for anyone that wants one to print there own decal/create there own plastic for the windows on premiums

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.