(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indusguys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There are pins that have modes where the player is forced to hit the same shot over and over again. I think that's repetitive and boring.
In GNR you are shooting rotating shots (as on a majority of pins) but there's a set number of them per song, the shot requirements can change as you progress through a song (or collect a song jackpot to stop), and there's mode choreography (animations, music, sound effects, etc) being played as shots are made.
The shot requirements in GNR change by song, and each has a sense of stages as shot requirements change as the song is played through. Each song can be played a multiball or single ball mode, it's up to the player adding another layer of depth. That's entirely different and unique compared to a majority of main modes in say ACDC or Metallica that has a player bashing the same shot over and over again with the same single animation playing. Hit the ramp 10x, hit the orbit 10x, hit the snake 10x...ugh.

I’m wondering who would ever choose to start a song with only a single ball? The songs are meant to be played as multiball or you won’t score diddly. I guess in theory you have a choice though.

1 week later
#575 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Distributors already have a waiting list ! This is the first time my heart quivered , jumped into my throat as I immediately closed my eyes and prayed that I get one ! Please !

Quoted from arcadem:

Boy. Pinside shows again what a tough crowd it is. Share a piece of information and get a down vote for doing so. I never advocated for Eddy or Ropp, just reported what I heard. Crazy reaction.

I think he was just hoping for a different team to be on the game.

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Smart man. Prem/LE's rarely warrant the extra thousands of dollars.

That’s true, but if you don’t like waiting to play LE is the way to go.

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

They should either make 5000 LE or produce 500 LE and jack the Prices to $25 000 and be done with it. We all know where the most expensive versions are going.....deepest pockets.
People buying stuff without even seeing it is just stupid. Like marrying someone you never met, spoke or saw a picture, just doesn’t make any sense.

When you can buy a game, play it to find out if you like it, then sell it for as much or more then you bought it for, buying sight unseen makes perfect sense to me.

#1542 2 years ago

This art package makes me realize his much I love ZY even more.

#1688 2 years ago

Where’s the LE?

#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I've only been in the hobby for two years and have 7 new machines but has any other machine by Stern sold out LE's before launch? I heard Iron Maiden sold out in an hour. How much is an Iron Maiden LE worth now?

AIQLE sold out very quickly I think.

#3144 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

People are getting lost in the reasons again. I simply don't buy the machines I don't like. It doesn't mean I won't throw quarters in them, but even ops have to be feeling that pain. I look at $1 for a play and cringe that the game might last 30 seconds.

I put a dollar in a machine a cringe that it might last for half an hour or more, GNR, LOT, TSPP, TH. I am really hoping Mandalorian is a brutal difficult game.

#3395 2 years ago

John Wick for a ten year old???

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This is America. Violence is fine as long as there is no naughty language or sex.

Fair enough.

3 weeks later
#5080 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

FWIW, ordered my premium on the first day when I missed out on an LE. My distributor said I should get my game at the end of June.

I hope you’re right, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

#5084 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

classic game rooms said they have 3 prem runs confirmed…june, august and oct

Probably end of June run on Premiums means your get you games in July.

#5086 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

My distributor told me yesterday that he expects my Premium to ship out from Stern on June 28th.

Has anyone heard when LE’s are shipping?

#5199 2 years ago

Just play what you like and don’t worry about other peoples opinions. DP has a lot going for it in a home environment. If you just played it on location chances are you missed/couldn’t hear how great the music and the callouts are.

#5413 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

I've been told the first LEs are for export.

Hopefully to Canada

#5686 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Different strokes indeed -- after a 15+ minute game my first time out with GNR on location, I was ready for a nap and actually walked away with credits still in the machine (likely the first time I've ever done that). To add insult to injury, the game camera added at least 10 lbs (I'm going to blame that one on Axl and assume he required JJP install a "fat cam" to even the playing field). But obviously there's something there that others find enjoyable, and God bless 'em!
It seems nuts to me drop $6-$10k on any game without ever playing it. But I guess in this market you can turn around and get your money back easily enough, so there's no harm done if you're willing to put up with the hassle of selling it if it's not your thing.

I have bought nearly all my games without playing them first. My only disappointment was JJP GNR. Hopefully Mandalorian will live up to all of Stern’s other recent releases, because Stern=Fun in my books.

#5787 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Damn that sucks. Is the circled area damage too or a reflection?
[quoted image]

Looks like the same issue I had with my Antman scoop on AIQ. Cliffy to the rescue. And put a post washer on.

2 weeks later
#6273 2 years ago

I just checked Stern’s website, looks like they haven’t done any code updates in 3 months. All their focus must be on new games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indusguys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.