(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heyitsjoebob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3119 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Actually it is an issue, it's distracting

Agree to disagree?
Speak with your wallet and pass on this title? Or go pro for 50% less distractions?

#3681 2 years ago

I doubt the delay was code related. I'd think perhaps there's an approval SLA at Disney stretched out the launch window.

If there were known bugs or unfinished major things, it wouldn't be much effort to create a custom build just for the stream that walls off the stuff that's not ready for a live audience.
A few well placed comment-outs could hide anything they don't want to show.

#3893 2 years ago

The balls fell off the wireform trails many times.

Flow looked real nice though, seems like a blast to play.

#4469 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

And if you get caught, which you will, simply say you’re in negotiation with a gentleman from pinside who is buying machine X (name of one of your other machines). When weeks go by, say oh the deal didn’t go through and hopefully she won’t care about the extra machine you now have.

Here I was thinking I was really clever when I tried this.

Spoiler: She was not tricked

3 weeks later
#5313 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Last night he said it was/is “JENNIE”

I don't get the reference

#5318 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I understand the need for a huge baby yoda presence. I think the sculpt is quite nice even. But it does bother me that there is basically no integration.
I would have liked to see grogu close his eyes and rotate his hand enabling a TOM -ish magna save feature. Or if i could be greedy, I would have asked for a magnet that slowly drags the ball across the playfield.
I would have gladly given up the premium rotating mini playfield to get one of those.
But, none the less.... I'll buy one anyway.

In my mind I'm thinking the ball sits in a saucer like at the top of Harlem Globetrotters (or many other games of that era), then gets popped straight up like the Ant-Man scoop in AIQ Premium, but instead of within a wireform it's just open. Then, a magnet in Baby Yoda's hand activates and grabs it.

It would work right like, 20% of the time, and it would dent the hell out of the playfield and it would be awesome when it worked.

#5354 2 years ago

I was able to put some time on the Pro on location and thought it was a lot of fun. Volume was set a little low so I can't speak to that.

I didn't feel like the shots were too close at all. Flow was good, the shots were "in the right place" meaning easy to find and natural, able to hit them while flailing as I do. I was really surprised at the curve at the end of the left ramp. It's tougher to backhand than I thought it would be just because of the way it swoops to the right at the bottom. Just something that I didn't notice in the pictures or streams.
I found the upper playfield to be fun, real hard to keep the ball alive and hit the targets, and overall a good thing. I'm sure the tilting on the Premium is fancy, but the pro version is just fine in my book. Only caveat there is that on location the tiltbob was set tight, and I think that playfield really requires a little wiggle and nudging. So people playing this game out might not be able to do much up there. I certainly got a warning every.single.time I was up there.

The first multiball is VERY close to the start button. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't think any game we played went without 2 of the multiballs being achieved. My son and I saw very little game progress other than the multiballs. But we're not great players.

Couple negatives - Several times our game would just randomly end with the ball still in play. It would just dim the GI, tally up the bonus, and game over, ignoring extra balls and....the fact that the ball was still in play. Oddly when it did this it always gave us a match and free game, as if to say sorry.

When the diverter is down to drop the ball into the upper playfield, sometimes it would bounce back and fall down the ramp. Longest reject of all time?

Occasionally 2 balls would spit out into the shooter lane, which isn't super uncommon on new Sterns in my experience, but in my past the game always knew it did it and would let you drain one and keep going. Here, if you drained one you were done. Sudden death 2-ball multiball. This happened twice in a row to my son (ball 1 and 2) and I'm pretty sure that's why at the end of the night he said the game was "meh" and to not get one for home.

I'm looking forward to playing some more. It's going to be a money printing machine for most locations that get one. When you think about it, a smooth easy shooter with accessible multiballs is exactly what keeps younger or less skilled players coming back. Giving good players the option to go Impossible mode turns an "easier" game into a very difficult game, giving something for everyone. Squash a few bugs, give me some time on it, and it may turn out to be one of my favorite games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heyitsjoebob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=heyitsjoebob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.