(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 2 years ago

Can they get Bill Burr to do the call outs?

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They won't, have not done it in the past, and won't do it in the future.

See GOT. Forever locked in season four or whatever it was.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Callouts: Carl Weathers

22A07016-E131-4D50-B9DD-9FEF3B1BD93C (resized).jpeg22A07016-E131-4D50-B9DD-9FEF3B1BD93C (resized).jpeg
#193 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is that Nick Nolte? If so, I said the same thing.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha, now THAT would be great! Man remember that documentary with him interviewing himself? Wow.

That would be something! Nolte was only halfway comprehensible in the 80s, and the intervening years have not improved the situation.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Ain't happening boys .....its not Mando

Nailed it!

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And the churros seemed stale at the cart outside.

Did Walt invent the churro as well?

#693 2 years ago

Are there Stern LE’s from the past few years that have held their value? I haven’t looked in a while but it used to be you could generally pick them up at or below retail six months or a year after they were released.

#885 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

At some point you need draw the line if something is really going to be "limited". Market is red hot right now but what happens in 3 years when things cool with 1000 LE models are changing hands all the time?

JJP says 1500 is “limited.” And Stern can’t be focusing on what happens to used game prices three years down the line - they’ve got new games to make and sell right now!

#938 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just doesn't seem cool to charge over MSRP at these insane prices.

I don't see a problem, especially if they disclose it. Just buy from someone else in the future if you don't like their pricing practices. If it's truly an instant sellout then distributors selling at MSRP are effectively doing it as a goodwill gesture to their longtime customers, since they could easily charge more.

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

How do you dodge the tax?

He's suggesting that you buy from a smaller distributor that doesn't have enough sales to your state to be required to collect the sales tax under the new internet sales tax laws. Probably easier to pull off from MI than from CA. Of course you're still legally obligated to pay that tax yourself if the distributor doesn't collect it from you, and I've heard stories from CA (happened to Rarehero I think?) of the State tracking down large untaxed purchases and sending out tax bills.

#1186 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Brian Eddy is a design master, I highly doubt he will choose to incorporate a mini pf or ball, ever.

Good point. Brian Eddy would never, ever use a mini playfield in one of his designs.

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Combine that with likely low cost voice acting rate

How dare you?!? Carl Weathers is a national treasure.

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Still remember hip epic death scene in the Predator..!

Of course in that Action Jackson poster he is dangerously close to ashing down his gal-pal's bustier. But the 80s were a different time.

1 week later
#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I liked that dude with blue skin in the opening scenes, hopefully he‘ll become the wisecracking sidekick of the main character later on.

Horatio Sanz!

Horatio-Sanz-Mythrol-March-2021 (resized).jpgHoratio-Sanz-Mythrol-March-2021 (resized).jpg

(Looking at this pic, dude has lost some weight since his SNL days, or maybe the beard just hides the double-chin. I should probably look into that myself).

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

still a circle jerk?

Rotational jerk.

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

was hoping for some Darth action but I'm sure season 3 will be good.

I’d explain why that’s impossible, but I don’t want to spoil ROTJ for you ...

#3613 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm waiting for the next trilogy when they introduce Darth Solo. He is BADASS.

Didn't they do that already in The Force Awakens? Or are we moving on to Han's grandchildren?

#3674 2 years ago
Quoted from kumanaga:

I am putting this in mine

The plot thickens.

#3799 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You don't need to own a premium to order premium parts. Any distributor can order them for you. Here is an example.
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-cyborg-eddie-figure-with-mounting-bracket.html

I don't know about Premium parts, but in the past Stern has instructed distributors not to sell LE-specific parts without confirming LE ownership. But even that isn't always consistently implemented, so if you want an LE part as an upgrade for your Pro or Premium it's worth calling around (just politely say you'd like to order part no. XXXXX, there's no reason to start a discussion about Stern's policies or volunteer which model you own unless you're asked).

#4491 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

When is this forum going to get to the Tesla fan forum level of insanity and start counting trucks and doing drone flyovers of the Stern factory?

There was a time people were doing drive-bys of the JJP facility and counting cars in the lot. Stern has generally been too boringly consistent to warrant that level of espionage.

#4495 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Umm Iron Man was never a Pro, premium or LE!

I think he covered that with "people compare a low priced Pro or remake to an LE." You can argue whether the original Iron Man was effectively a Pro, but the Vault edition at least was a remake.

Regardless, I'm sorry you paid AU $14,000 for your Munsters LE and weren't happy with it. That's a lot of money to spend on something that you don't love, and I trust you'll weigh that experience when making future pinball purchasing decisions.

#4552 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Proof of concept baby Yoda hack.

Nice! And I like that Baby Yoda wears one of Mando's old wifebeaters under his robes.

#4556 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Where is the DeadFlip live stream? Why the delays? Anyone know?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anyone know why the dead live stream that happened a week ago is delayed? Not me.

My guess is that RPZ is moving backward through time, sort of a Tenet situation. He won't hit the DeadFlip live stream for another week.

#4631 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

And you will replace the grogu with what ?

#4755 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Ive bought mandalorion helmet signed by the hero itself only one left on ebay

Quoted from acedanger:

Slightly overpriced

Don't BK and SW toppers go for $2,500 now as well? This is right in the ballpark, plus it's signed!

#4773 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

No really...watch it again.[quoted image]

Why do I get the feeling we’re being set up for a “deez nuts” joke?

#4898 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This game is going to be a cash register for Op's. I can just picture the people-'Aw look at baby grodu-let's play it!'

Agree 100%, but you know they won’t be calling him “Grogu” …

#5101 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Does anybody have any idea what the topper is gonna be yet?

Quoted from TheProgrammer:

I put in an order for the topper with my distributor as well. No idea WHAT exactly I ordered yet, but I'm hoping its cool LOL.

I could see an R2D2 design working nicely ...

#5121 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Will they release a wire ramp to replace the plastic? Want a pro but I’m just not liking those plastic ramps over the play field.

It's been broadly speculated that you could just order a set of the Premium wire ramps from Stern and swap 'em directly into the Pro.

#5197 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

An inane comment while waiting for the Mandalorian pin delivery: It looks like Skywalker on the right sling plastic is the "older" Luke.

Mark Hamill wishes he still looked that good! He looks like ROTJ Luke to me, which seems about right. Hard to tell if there are age spots on the hands though.

#5259 2 years ago
Quoted from SpaceGhost:

It's not that I don't like modern pinball because I was very much hoping that Dead Pool, TMNT and Star Wars were going to be great machines. I really want to like them but I just feel like they are a bit rough in gameplay.

Can you think of any pinball games released within the last 20 years that you do enjoy? So far you've only mentioned AFM, which no longer screams "modern" the way it once did.

1 week later
#5685 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Oh then you haven't played GNR JJP yet.
Truly Amazing pinball a must have even if one doesn't like the band.

Different strokes indeed -- after a 15+ minute game my first time out with GNR on location, I was ready for a nap and actually walked away with credits still in the machine (likely the first time I've ever done that). To add insult to injury, the game camera added at least 10 lbs (I'm going to blame that one on Axl and assume he required JJP to install a "fat cam" to level the playing field). But obviously there's something there that others find enjoyable, and God bless 'em!

It seems nuts to me drop $6-$10k on any game without ever playing it. But I guess in this market you can turn around and get your money back easily enough, so there's no harm done if you're willing to put up with the hassle of selling it if it's not your thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.