(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duderegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There are pins that have modes where the player is forced to hit the same shot over and over again. I think that's repetitive and boring.
In GNR you are shooting rotating shots (as on a majority of pins) but there's a set number of them per song, the shot requirements can change as you progress through a song (or collect a song jackpot to stop), and there's mode choreography (animations, music, sound effects, etc) being played as shots are made.
The shot requirements in GNR change by song, and each has a sense of stages as shot requirements change as the song is played through. Each song can be played a multiball or single ball mode, it's up to the player adding another layer of depth. That's entirely different and unique compared to a majority of main modes in say ACDC or Metallica that has a player bashing the same shot over and over again with the same single animation playing. Hit the ramp 10x, hit the orbit 10x, hit the snake 10x...ugh.

For Metallica specifically, I used to think that was what it was about too. It has some pretty great depth with regards to strategy actually. Combos, stacking, Crank it Up, Justice, and all those things can be done in ways that can save shots, get multipliers, etc. I am still learning it now that it is back in my house for the second time.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He's wrong.

If you love the original Trilogy, ignoring Mando is truly your loss. I bet you'd really enjoy it. Give it a go.

Don't project your experience onto others...Mando is huge, fans of old school SW love it. Kids love it. Families are enjoy it together.

It really is a huge IP. Baby Yoda/the child was full on meme status along with "this is the way". The show has some really great moments, music, casting, etc. It has a "feel" that is the closest thing to the original trilogy out of pretty much anything else released in film or tv type content.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree! I know what you mean by having that original trilogy feel.. The time period it is set in is also very interesting. The Empire has been defeated, the new Republic has control, you know Luke, Han, and Leia are out there and best of all none of the stupid crap from the new trilogy has occurred yet.

I would love to see some Thrawn material on the screen too. I know he had a few spots on the animated stuff, but the books for him are great. One of my favorite characters. New book just dropped today too!

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is the LE sold out everywhere? Is the rumor true that they will make 800 of them? That is wild if they make 800 and they are sold out prior to announcement. Good for Stern if so.

Frankly, I don't lend any credibility to these statements that claim all are sold out. There are many dealers/distributors out there. Simple fact checking time of contacting all of them and getting responses makes this very difficult to confirm.

1 week later
#670 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Try getting an LE in Canada (of anyrhing)
I was told that if i were to buy every Stern premium and Kapow title for at least one year that then and only then would name even be put on the waiting list. "Legacy" customers have had all the LE's monopolized.
Its a bad set up. My favorite theme in the world could come out and i wouldn't be able to get an LE period.
I walked in to my distributor with 10k cash on hand last week for a deposit on the next LE and was basically laughed at.

Serious question-
If you were running a business, would you sell first to your loyal customers or the guy that walked in stating that he wants it more?

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I would run a business that treats customers fairly. Locking up inventory in the hopes of a “better” customer coming in is a great way to stop acquiring new customers.

Well that simply isn't what I asked. I mentioned loyal customers. Folks were talking about not being able to get an LE without having an established purchase history with a dealer.

If I was a dealer, I would certainly take care of the buyer that regularly purchases from me. Why would you bump that person down the list just because someone else really wants it?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#694 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are there Stern LE’s from the past few years that have held their value? I haven’t looked in a while but it used to be you could generally pick them up at or below retail six months or a year after they were released.

Many are up right now. Some are steady, some are lower. Some just never pop up so its safe to assume will be higher in this market. Even stuff like GoT LE was in the 6's have popped way up in some listings.

#754 2 years ago

I hope nobody spoils ball one for him.... At the end... it drains....

Rumor is they use the same weak ending for ball two and three as well....

#1629 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

If the LE is packed they could take off some other things like the baby yoda and other stuff...

Baby Yoda can get folks to put money in the machine. I don't think he is what gets removed on a pro.

#1815 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Looks like the Grogu magnet acts as the pops for the C-H-I-L-D rollovers.
[quoted image]

There are a couple of pops right below that. Videos show them.

1 week later
#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Pretty sure Thrawn is slated for the Ahsoka spinoff. Or is that the Ahsoka rotate-off?
[quoted image]

Thrawn makes way more sense for Ahsoka than Mando as things stand now. I would love to see him get his own stuff too though. The books are great.

#3616 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm waiting for the next trilogy when they introduce Darth Solo. He is BADASS.

Darth Jar Jar would crush him though

darthjarjar (resized).pngdarthjarjar (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Goodrich, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duderegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.