(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

The thing i find most interesting in pinball is how many "randos" remember playing and loving Addams Family over any other game. Yet most serious pinball players hate it. The "magic" is absolutely a thing. I think Star Wars is a property that should be aimed at the masses to positively impact pinball on the whole, it was nonsensical to give it to Richie and make ac/dc lite with code like GOT. It should be welcoming people to pinball, not driving them away from it!

I can remember playing Addams way back when...just the start of multiball is enough to always make you remember that game. But WOZ, in 2013, had that magic for me - and I couldn't get it out of my head. So I bought one.

#114 2 years ago

Star Wars is the machine most people gravitate to when they come to my house. After it kicks their ass in under a minute, they treat themselves to WOZ, which is right next to it. So yeah...it's a shame that such a universally loved theme is too hard for most people to enjoy.

1 week later
#275 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hear Stern is upping the MSRP for this title. That is indicative they think they have a grand slam on their hands...

You know better than that...they up their prices for the same reason JJP does. Just because.

#586 2 years ago

I'm not getting this game (one SW game for me is enough...and spinoffs don't do much for me), but you guys shouldn't get too down on Lonnie doing code. He worked on STh, and that's a great game. Also, if Brian is working with him on code as well (and he probably will), he'll make sure it's done the way he envisioned it. Looking forward to playing it.

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hope the topper lots better then the Star Wars R2D2. I hope they try not to cheap on it and just baby yoda head on top and make that rotate around in circles too. Beep beep boop boop
The navy spotted a Republic gun ship! Clone wars here we come!
[quoted image]

That's actually a pretty cool topper...it reacts to gameplay and the droid machine sounds and beeps come out of the game speakers. Not nearly as lame as some other flat-plastic toppers they've put out recently.

#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No final price listed, hopefully not over MSRP.

JJ doesn't pull that shit. Great distributor.

#1171 2 years ago

Yes...in America, one letter makes a HUGE difference. JJ is a great guy who runs Game Exchange and sets up Pinside meet and greets at shows across the country. JJP is the pinball company who, if you're to be believed, jacks up prices on Australian shipments. They don't call him Jersey Jack for nothin'!

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

When JJ @ GameExchange took deposits over the weekend, did he mention the price?
I'm hearing from at least one of the large distributors that he will be charging OVER MSRP for the Mando LE.
Someone else mentioned Betson saying something similar.

I'd love to know who these distributors are, and I have no idea why people aren't sharing it with the community. If my guy(s) ever did that to me, I'd look elsewhere from then on. And I just sent an email to my distro thanking him for not being a dick.

#1691 2 years ago

Too many toys. I'm out.

#1710 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Um so those 6 drop targets we heard about for weeks are really 6 standup targets representing the top of Mando's head? Baby Yoda is a doll and does nothing across all models. Upper playfield looks really odd, very little room and just hitting standup targets? WTF lol. Just initial impressions.

It's a packed playfield...I'd think you of all people would be impressed by this. And there's a lot on GnR that looks nice but does nothing. You've got to try to be a little more even-handed in your assessments. I have no horse in this race because I'm not getting one, but it looks like it'll be fun. And it looks to me like the whole upper playfield rotates forward and backward, kind of like the POTC ship. Looks like fun.

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Its unfortunate but she should have kept her mouth shut. I like her and what she stands for in most cases but at the end of the day, entertain me and shut up. She screwed herself by taking a stand. she is no better than the idiot Labron or any of these so called elite.

Can that apply to everybody in Hollywood, please?

#2502 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

To stern's credit, the pro is more loaded than what I've seen in the past but they did set the bar so low with LZ.

LZ is really a lot of fun to play. Again: A packed playfield does not equal a fun game. AFM, Tron, STh, and others are all "barren" playfields that keep you hitting the start button because they're so damn fun. And let's remember the Grogu doll does nothing. Take it out and it doesn't effect the gameplay at all...does it make Mandolorian a better game because it's there?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

LE’s are sold out. And to play devils advocate, no one is paying “MSRP” from a distro. By the time you get done paying taxes, shipping, and markup most (not all, like your brothers co-workers aunts pinochle partner) people are out of pocket 12k on an LE to begin with. Everyone looks at $9,199 and thinks, oh that person is marking it up 40-50% immediately.... which just is not the case (in most cases)

Who the hell are you buying your games from???

#3103 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think your post helps prove just how important code is in a pin. I've hammered on Mando but know my view can change based on the code. All of these games are just a box of lights without code and great code can make a pin a hit. Deadpool, GNR, LOTR, and other near universal acclaimed games would all suck if it wasn't for the great rulesets and code work put into the games.

Quoted for truth. Please play all the "empty" Stern games for a while that you and others have hammered and you might begin to realize how little tons of toys matter to the amount of fun you can have playing the game.

#3471 2 years ago

I heard this thread was the place to check on whether my IJ Path of Adventure tilts, swivels, or rotates. A guy I know is telling me one thing, but I think he's wrong. Please advise.

#3760 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Yea, this helps. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or if it was a camera trick. Seems I was wrong.

This is Pinside...where you never have to admit you were wrong.

#3862 2 years ago

Well...the music's great!

#3866 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha getting your revenge on everybody who thinks Zep sucks?

Um...no. I said the music's great.

I'm looking forward to playing it, too...I'm a huge Eddy fan. The theme does nothing for me though because I'm an original trilogy kind of Star Wars guy.

#3887 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry beeze that read as "well...everything sucks but the music!" comment to me. The music and sound does seem fantastic, hope you guys who are familiar with the assets (I haven't seen an episode) are getting what they want.

I can see that and thanks for your post. The difference between me and many on this forum is that I usually play the game before declaring confidently that it sucks. Novel approach, eh?

#4169 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’re are the first person I’ve ever heard say it was a great game day 1.

I'm the second.

#4174 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you want an LE, you damn well know the risks. Or at least I hope you know the risks. Either way, you can still wait if you’re really that concerned.

I and others are getting a kit to completely rebuild the EM spinner mech in LZ. It'll finally solve the spinner issues that were plaguing LE owners. I'm fine with being an early adopter and working the kinks out. GOT and STh were the most annoying...after that, anything is minor. Every time, the risk has been worth owning an LE, even if code doesn't shape up the way I envisioned. And who the hell am I, anyway?

#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

So... when do we get an owners thread?

This is it. They locked the others. Enjoy the off-topic banter.

#4181 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You getting a Mando, if so what flavour?

I'm not...for a moment, I thought I was in the STh thread and I had to get chuckwurt 's back because he's an epic contributor to this forum.

You'll notice I was quiet until then...

And PS - Why do you care? I'm not trashing the game like GnR fanboys were doing in the LZ thread. I think this game looks cool and I'm happy for all you owners. I just have a SW already...don't want to overdo it with the Star Wars themes.

PPS - I just now realize you may have been honestly asking me if I was getting one rather than being coy with your question. So I'll shut up now. Promise.

1 week later
#4813 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LE sold out about a month ago dood!

I think he's talking about the build style and not specifically the LE. Besides, even if he WAS talking about the LE, there will be more than a few for sale here soon. There are guys here who habitually open the box, play about 100 games, and sell it three weeks later. I don't really get that, but to each his own.

2 weeks later
#5415 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

If I bash the Bishop, does my weiner become a bash toy?

A very small one, but yes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.