(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2432 2 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Repeat it often- You CAN be fired for your political beliefs if not federally employed!
Anybody arguing this has something to do with anything other then political beliefs and/or freedom of speech- see another poster’s link about what the Mandalorian himself was posting. Stern didn’t have to work with Disney. It is what it is, support Disney or don’t but Cara D is never coming back.
ESPN also sucks since Disney took over. Who keeps paying these ridiculous cable bills? It all goes to Disney..

(I misread what you wrote, sounds like we are in agreement). there has NEVER been any protection regarding speech from who you are employed by or any forum/social media site. And in the last 5 years+ you do risk many things by posting things online, especially by employers. It's not new, but people still think they can and cry 'free speech!'.

That being said, I keep seeing articles that she IS coming back, but I'm not sure in what capacity.

#2765 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

2 of the biggest complaints so far in this thread:
- Complaint 1: Grogu should have been more interactive, maybe he should have had a magnet to control the ball.
- Complaint 2: There is a magnet at Grogus feet and it is pointless/useless, why is it even there?
Umm…..
Anyway, the magnet combined with the 5 upper lanes is kind of cool. Reminds me of an EM - you’ll have to nudge the ball around as it releases from the magnet to spot the 5 letters. Maybe they can do some fancy magnet coding so the ball flings around a bit.

while i actually think the game looks interesting...that whole portion is...boring. I flip flippers to move the dot...done on EVERY game since it was invented. 3 or 5..really doesn't make a difference. I will say..i suppose it will depend on how exactly that magnet is utilized.

#2787 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:Can anyone think of a game that has a large plastic crossover? I’m drawing a blank.

Gameshow, Nitro, CFTBL?, Diner..(sort o f)

#2919 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Can anyone confirm if Baby Yoda is static or does he move around? Looks like he is static/ lacking movement.

According to Stern it is highly interactive and controls the ball. Why would you doubt them?

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm curious who is on code, who did the playfield design, and if there has ever been a game with a plastic ramp before?

Plastic costs too much. It's only used on the pimpest of the pimpest.

#2956 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Grogu is a glorified Happy Meal toy, and is probably a repurposed, low cost, bottom rung of the ladder, entry level play figure sourced from a licensed third party supplier. I can not see Stern fronting the up front costs of a injection mold to make a simple static "do nothing" playfield toy in this day and age. They probably 3D printed the prototype and had to wait until the official figures showed up from China to start building these. This is the worst cash grab from an LE perspective I've seen in a long time. Try and convince yourself that $14K is worth it to own a machine that will more than likely come and go without much fanfare other than, yeah Stern made a Mandalorian back in '21, and people went nuts.
Then eventually Grogu goes rogue, purposefully kills Han Solo in some bizarre time travel "save the Younglings" campaign that is attempting to right the Kylo Ren wrongs of the past by killing the father (just to be sure) and becomes a Sith Lord to bring balance back to the force, which has got all out of wack due to the collapse of Vader/Sideous/Palpatine, leaving the light side in the majority. At least thats how it would play out if the Kathleen Kennedy's of the world could have their say on this, just like she screwed the pooch on the last three sequels.

Spoiler alert. Season 3 will have nothing to do with Groku(gu?).

#2970 2 years ago

Me buying the machine or not doesn't hinge on the doll moving, it just seems crazy - and pretty cheap - if it doesn't.

Was the original teaser video ever reuploaded? I swear in that it looked like that bastard shook.

#3007 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Did it move yet ?

In 2021 the cases of Shaken Baby Yoda Syndrome increased 200%. MOOOVE JUUST FFF'NGG MOOVE GOD DAMN YOUUU

#3017 2 years ago

Yodagate.

#3081 2 years ago

Haunted House upper and lower playfield flippers are off until you are on them - however it's 2 sets of buttons, and the main pf flippers are never off.

#3131 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get the pro then.

Now with 50% less distraction!

That was the thing that bugged me about the pro..what? one flipper??

#3143 2 years ago

People are getting lost in the reasons again. I simply don't buy the machines I don't like. It doesn't mean I won't throw quarters in them, but even ops have to be feeling that pain. I look at $1 for a play and cringe that the game might last 30 seconds.

#3170 2 years ago

IS CRAZILEVI A SHILL OR NOT!!!

#3173 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I'm shilling for colonoscopy and I am truly literally waiting for a doctor to give me a Cartman's Delight...

Still the funniest southpark episode ever.

#3222 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Posted two days ago, I found this comment noteable and I'm surprised it went unnoticed here. (Maybe poor translation)
I've always assumed that the LE hype meant the Premium would be an immediate bestseller. This tells me a different story.
Distributors would normally never say such a thing, at least publicly, and I'm wondering if this is a rare glimpse of the true market and sales psychology.
My mind has been spinning on a few different levels and I'm wondering how others might perceive this.

If you take it like it sounds, basically people are only interested in flipping.

#3227 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I agree with all of you guys but scratch a little deeper. This was a comment from an experienced distributor and based on their past history, volume is low in comparison. With the exception of the LE.
There's more than meets the eye and I'm struggling to put my finger on it.

Only one possible answer PINBALL BUBBLE BURST!

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So any chance of getting an le from a distributor at this point? Friend just saw this and is a huge fan. Or are le's all sold out?
If not any tips on a distributor with some left? Pm if you don't want share publicly.
Otherwise I'm just going to give him a list of distributors to call one by one.

Sure is, just have them give them their credit card number and tell them to charge whatever they want. That's pretty much how it is going right now.

#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I was wondering if anyone else thinks that while the game does look sweet that Stern jumped the gun and made this a season or two too soon. I kind of feel that way about Stranger Things, since season 3 was so awesome. They could have done so much with the Starcourt Mall, for example. I feel like a lot of good shows are only getting their stride by season 2. Can you imagine a theoretical Breaking Bad pin coming out after only season 2?! I said in a previous post that it just doesn't feel like a ton has happened yet in The Mandalorian. While that might have been a bit hyperbolic, I think that we'll be missing out on some cool stuff that will happen in future seasons.

Yeah, but season 3 is going to be a completely direction plot wise. I believe they even said he wouldn't actually be in it that much as it was going to focus on one of the other characters. So many shows good or not never make it to season 2 let alone 3.

#3342 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sooo...the mini playfield on prem and LE rotates too? That just sounds...annoying.
[quoted image]

I think by rotating they mean up and down..which we already know.

#3346 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hmmm, looks like Stern thinks it rotates too.
[quoted image]

Yeah, it rotates up and down. It showed it in the videos. It does different levels of 'rotation' to simulate different gravities (difficulty). I mean, if it 'spins' too, that'd be cool, but highly unlikely.

Stern also said the doll moves and controls the ball..so I mean....

#3349 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That is ‘rocking’ not ‘Rotation’ dude, c’mon.
I know you know the difference.

I sure do, but I'm not so sure the marketing department does.

#3358 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Technically, the servo actuator rotates.

nerd fight!

#3369 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Since I didn't get an LE, maybe I'll overcompensate and buy a Pro instead! Looks pretty good, and only $6k. Not sure about that upper playfield on the Pre/LE, could be fun, could also slow things down. The one flipper version may be less obtrusive. I do like the up/down divertor for Ambush on the Pre/LE but it looks like the Pro will throw it around a turn faster. Ok, I'd still like an LE.

Seems to be a huge part of the gameplay, so I'd say you might wanna try it before committing.

#3441 2 years ago

Flippers are stationary, the game moves around them.

#3472 2 years ago

Magnets in this game be so strong, game just levitates off the ground and the player rotates around it.

#3474 2 years ago

The mini playfield has auto-pilot.

This is probably a more accurate description than 'rotates'.

#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

As per usual, this thread was not hard to derail. Now...let’s talk about how bad Randy Martinez art work is

There needs to be a rail to derail...

Now..let's talk about those wood rails!

#3540 2 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

Still a complete and total circle jerk. Dudes freaking out about Stern saying the mini playfield rotates.
Let’s continue to debate middle school geometry instead of talking about pinball.
[quoted image]

So, discuss pinball. Oh wait, just another post of nothing calling out others about nothing. You either are here for discussion, or you don't have to visit. I find the thread funny as hell. The only ones being annoying are the whiners complaining about whats being discussed and make sure everyone knows they are annoyed, but yet, don't actually offer anything to talk about. As with most threads.

Maybe one of the super sleuths can sneak into Stern and find out once and for all if baby yoda moves and they can report back here, you know with some actual information. In the meantime, the rest of us will continue to yammer about nothing.

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

Yes, I apologize for the sarcasm in my response to a pinsider asking if there was any new news about the machine, other than a bunch of posts in response to someone calling Stern people liars for saying an upper playfield rotates. (It does in fact rotate.)
I would love to discuss anything about this pinball machine. I maybe don’t love the debates over what rotation is and isn’t. Possibly, it’s annoying because it detracts from any positive yak about this new title that I am excited about.
Again, I’m incredibly sorry for offending you. Shame on me for being so asinine and stupid!
Maybe you should go sit on a stick and..... wait for it..........
ROTATE!

Until we see more, there is nothing else positive to say. If there was, you would have brought it up. You're excited? Excited about what? You still failed to say anything except that you're offended. I like the game too, but what there is to be said has been said. Now we're just speculating. Also, saying it rotates is like saying it floats because it's on 4 legs while the rest of it is 3 feet off the ground.

#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from kumanaga:

I prefer counter-rotational

If the head doesn't spin like in Exorcist, I'm out.

#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Darth is dead.
Mandalorian takes place after the original trilogy.

SPOILERS!

But it does make you wonder if those who don't realize that have any clue why the baby yoda is significant. And I am not even a Star Wars fan.

#3611 2 years ago

I'm waiting for the next trilogy when they introduce Darth Solo. He is BADASS.

#3614 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Didn't they do that already in The Force Awakens? Or are we moving on to Han's grandchildren?

In a galaxy far far away...no one ever truly dies.

#3667 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If anything I feel like the hype has died quicker on this than some previous releases. The delayed stream is definitely the reason. Once it was resolved that the mini PF rotates vertically around a horizontal axis, Cara Dune was conspicuously absent and the Baby Yoda Grogu doll may or may not hold magical levitating powers, there was nothing else to talk about.
Thread needs some fuel…..just like any healthy dumpster fire needs fuel.

I'm going to replace baby yoda with an ET doll.

#3694 2 years ago

And we're back to Yodagate...or lack of a gate...or mag-nate. He should at the very least rotate.

#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I flipped out when Stern released photos and I was discouraged by the choice of using a mini pf for both the LE/Premium and Pro models(had my usual new release tantrum). My first thought was to cancel my LE spot and just wait it out. Then my friend talked me off the ledge and convinced me to give it a chance. He thinks I may actually like the rotating pf on the LE and the features will be worth the up grade. I was hesitant so I also am ordering a Pro just in case I do not care for the mini pf on LE. The Pro mini pf seems more like a pass through and may play different?(thinking I may like better?) I am a Star Wars fanboy and just could not resist the power of the force for this game. I told myself the only titles that will have me pulling trigger on LE were BTTF, Beetlejuice, and maybe Van Halen. Then Stern surprises me with the Mandalorian out of left field. I am becoming a theme horror and Star Wars Mandalorian theme is like crack to me-and too hard to resist. I also have to say that Carl Weathers really pushed me as well, along with hopefully great video and audio content. Damn you Stern!

The majority of the gameplay modes appears to revolve around that mini pf...so...

#3797 2 years ago

You've seen the gameplay that contradicts what the marketing says?

#3804 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Based on interviews so far, the mini PF is primarily used for Encounters. Other main modes don't use it or use it sparingly. We won't know for sure, though, until we see the game in action in a few hours

I got the impression nearly every mode ended with an encounter. But if not, cool.

#3845 2 years ago

We have the answer. Doll does not move, unless you shake it like your baby.

#3850 2 years ago

Bill Burr confirmed!

#3869 2 years ago

I like it, but not in a (what are the LE's going for now?) 13-15k way.

#3962 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Game shouldn’t be shown or even sold until most of the assets and game are complete. Does no justice to the game and it’s an absolute gamble how code/assets will end up.

Hahaha hahahaha. No, you are absolutely correct, but...that's not been the case for at least...10 years and as you can see, it hasn't made any difference. People don't care about being guinea pigs as long as they can say they were first!

#4208 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Listening to people complain about not getting to see a pin before deciding to buy a LE or not...
Those people weren’t gonna get a chance to get one any ways.
Some people gonna complain about the price, give distro a hard time,
Blah blah blah.
There is obviously a certain group of people that are either dialed into what’s going on,
Don’t care because they will buy and sell if they don’t like and would rather feel confident they are locked in,
And those that flip.
Maybe these machines especially LE have been under valued for years and all the “critics” were too busy complaining to see it coming.

Or...we could just be getting less and less for the money. If everyone waited until the code was done to decide to buy or not, Stern would have went under years ago. Operators aren't the big buyers anymore. If everyone took whatever shit was shoveled every time you'd be playing on whitewoods with beep boop sounds called "Choose your Own Adventure Pinball" for 15k that comes with 2 flippers instead of the SE that only comes with 1.

#4287 2 years ago

Yes you are right. The proper term there would be developer. Anyone that submits code to source control is a developer.

We call them bug makers and outage instigators.

#4295 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Personnaly i don't want to see more of this, i watched 30min of the stream and that was enough to confirm that i will realy enjoy this game. I want to discover the more by myself and keep some surprises !
Somebody knows when the first machine will be out ? Heard about some production problems by the lack of some parts...

Yeah, I seem to be in the minority there. I don't want to know every detail about a game. I just want to see an overview and get an idea. If someone tells me every little trick etc, it spoils the adventure and gives me little reason to buy it.

#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Oh yeah the show about a bounty hunter who’s protecting a child from fascist government who’s trying to murder him is totally childish like a little boy touring a factory that makes candy.

You clearly never watched the movie...or at least didn't comprehend it. Willy Wonka is way darker than the tired gov'mt wants someone for their military division trope.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=Zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.