(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#841 2 years ago

Based on the distributor feedback of unavailability on the LE and massive lines to acquire one site unseen it would be Crazy for Stern to not view this pre-banter and jack the LE count up to 750 or more. Smart marketing play to test temperatures.

#970 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

GNR is 5000 LE. There won’t get buyers for half of them..

Lol. They had half sold on day one. May want to check your facts.

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also, JJP's "Limited" is different than Sterns. JJP is more like "Limited to...". If a JJP LE is 5000, they're just saying "at most we'll make 5000 & then we're done". They might not even get that high, but they're just letting you know what the maximum machines of the run will be....and of course we know that if they do sell through that number, they can go ahead and make a variant & sell whatever number of those they feel like.
So, if all 5000 GnRs sell through...would not shock me if they did a "1000 Slash LE Encore Editions" or some shit.

Agreed yet who cares? The only ones being short changed are those that can't get one or those forced to pay some shylock a premium flipper price. If a game is good I could care less if they make 10,000 of them. Power to the buyer and end this hype flipper investment group! Add to that in the grander scheme is 1000 in the World Really that many???

#976 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't think so. Stern just doesn't do an SLE model with every release as JJP now appears to be doing with every title.
JJP LE = Stern LE
JJP CE = Stern SLE

JJP also doesn't make a Pro so.... LE = CE

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Maybe so? But they are pushing away customers like me who dont flip machines but keeps them in their collection for many man

I'm personally not a flipper, I keep everything I buy for many many years in my collection. That being said its a gamble on weather the game will go up in value or drop in value. Look at Munsters LE, transformers LE,Stranger Things LE, these machines dropped lower than retail right out of the gate. Also ,Most flippers are not jacking the price up close to 4k on a stern title unless they had it for years and it became collectible like Tron LE or a lord of the rings gold. Just my opinion.

So that sold GnR CE you sold you had for how long and sold it for purchase price? Way to go.

#1014 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Im lovin this tittle as it's
A) not an old timers license and will still be getting more popular by the year,
B) Not an old man music pin
C) Not a super hero based tittle
D) Something new from the Star Wars Universe
Now just holding out hope for: layout, art and coding that creates moments! However it's already got a ton going for it just with my A B C and D

You sold me at "tittle"!

#2461 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I showed my 11 year old daughter the video and asked her what she thought.
Her eyes lit up, she smiled and said “Oh WOW it has a giant baby yoda on it”
Ordered a pro. Can’t wait. Great time to be alive.
And it’s Baby Yoda everyone. We find out Grogu’s name late in the first season I think. But it has been and always will be Baby Yoda.

Cool stuff and you clearly have some great priorities in life! Kids grow up fast and father daughter time is a win for sure. Congrats.

#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I still don’t understand what I’m supposed to be Shilling for.
Flippers that move?
Last I checked stern doesn’t have a monopoly on that.

Yeah but they keep making the balls Round and I find it distracting! If the ball was square it would be Much more predictable!

#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

no spoilers but I have only 2 episodes left before I complete season 2 of this show and although it's been very good, this show desperately needs a villan that is actually threatening. No spoilers if something does change......
The old man in the black suit is just not believable. He doesn't come across as evil at all and really isn't intimidating. I really hope someone is introduced (like a darth type) to really introduce a threat. Otherwise, it's really just creatures that have been impressive. This show needs a good villian.

No scary? He led a drug empire out of a laundromat all while making chicken. Scary!!

#3809 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I swear there was never an end credit painting I didn’t like and I looked forward to viewing them after ever episode.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you love still image art consider an AIQ.

#4034 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Just like Dwight polished up Munsters.

That’s my reoccurring fear….

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Something you might consider in future videos is add audio sub-titles for your viewers. Because with masks on it was difficult to hear.

Sound seemed ok to me but a minor criticism would be "more is not always better" meaning having Everyone mic'd up with a microphone gave away Jacks ability to control the show, dialog, and flow. Everyone wants to be heard yet sometimes they didn't need to be. I prefer the simple platform of a group playing (preferably Better players with him) with some subtle commentary as achievements are made. Wild suggestion to consider would be to educate Jack on the rules set etc Before the presentation with the engineers and let him convey and ask questions beyond that during play. Some people are simply better at presenting sorry.

#4331 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Heck today, CNC machine software can gather manufacturing data straight from 3D models, no drawings needed.

Ummm, where do you think the model that was scanned came from?

#4380 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is always a possibility, but has never been done. I wouldn’t expect anything else to be in the game outside of what was talked about on stream or what is shown via inserts on the playfield.

Agreed. Managed expectations. Unless like Spooky with R&M said out of the gates they will continue to add additional modes I wouldn't assume Stern is doing more then they showed. If you like what you see its a win.

#4423 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Does anyone know if the upper PF flippers can be shut off while no ball is in the upper PF? Sure would reduce noise and wear on those flippers when they’re not being used.

I think it will be the same as Munsters.... JK

#4626 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

They’ve never had a policy like that to prevent their parts (except-translite, back glasses and cabinet art work) from being sold. All the main toys are available for a time too. Mostly you have to order it through a distributor. Now Stern might come back with out of inventory reply and don’t know when they’ll restock it, but as long as they are building Mando’s, it should be available in sufficient quantities imho. But if you are correct and the part cannot be ordered, then we’d be 100% dependent on a mod maker to sell it to the community.

Typically Marco has all replacement parts and ramps listed just after game release. The only time Stern (or others) limit this is if its an LE or CE. No need for anyone to make them I suspect Marco will sell many.

#4706 2 years ago

Watching the stream at any point did the two green targets on the right get activated or are they not coded yet? Game looks great, MUCH better stream this time! Only very minor objection is the stop play of the foundry. Wish it didn't stall play so much or just awarded random.

#4742 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I’m ok with this is the way being somewhat obtainable . Not sure it’s as easy as we think , Jack is a very good player and had the tilt pretty loose!

He had it disabled lol. Agreed he’s Not your average player so I have no concerns with easy.

#4744 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

He did show the tilt off a few times

Lol. Yes he had to stick his hand in the machine to activate it. All good I want to see game play doesn’t need to be a rules test.

#4817 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Did anyone in USA receive his pro model ? Still looks like production problems at Stern...

Is it a production problem seeing as Stern never announced a production date other then what was assumed on Pinside?

#4820 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yes, DeadFlip! Lol

Actually he said he was playing that at Stern and would likely be going home with a Premium so technically no Pros lol.

1 week later
#5091 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

I’m wondering the same. You can order it right now without it being announced or seen yet?

Why not? All the games were sold in the same fashion lol.

2 weeks later
#5772 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I just got the leaked before image from pinstadiums PR for Mandalorian. Pinstadiums are a MUST for this game. How about them apples chuckwurt - necessary mod.

[quoted image]

Lol.

1 week later
#5960 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

any LE's already out in the wild?

Played the LE all this week at a local collector. What a beautiful game. Much faster game play then I imagined. Scoring averaged in the 150 million range. No issues and the color palette is spot on perfect on the LE.

#5963 2 years ago

How was the upper playfield? Have you also played a pro so to compare the two? And how was the magnet feature for Grogu?

Both played really well granted I have an LE coming this week so I may be biased. Personally I felt the Pro had little value on the upper while the LE upper was rather challenging. A fun test of skill in a way. The Grogu magnet seemed at this point rather useless and random but maybe that’s a code issue.

1 week later
#6182 2 years ago

So LE owners, how is the upper playfield? Worth the upgrade to a premium over the pro? Right now I don’t think so, but I only played a pro. I would imagine having two flippers can one helps a lot, but the upcharge seems a lot for it plus a magnet and wire form ramps.

Played both and Very glad I went with the LE (or moving upper playfield). Adds an additional challenge and for me I want to enjoy a game with all the designer envisioned. Really a fun feature.

#6203 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Also, how does The Foundry get lit up? This is so incredibly valuable (imo)to progress to wizards.

I think you have to tickle Grogu’s tummy till his arm goes up to open the store. Pretty sure that’s it.

#6390 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I don't have a digital level but my point was if all the leg levelers are at the same position the pitch is going to be close to what Stern recommends. The design is in the 4.5" diff between the rear and front leg bolt holes in the cab. Keep it at 4.5" difference by having all legs levelers the same height and it's close to what Stern recommends. that's all I am saying. If you have a digital level you can figure it more directly. Great game, the LE is.

Your theory only has value if the Floor your putting the game on is dead level which is why using an Actual level or inclinometer is the correct way to set up a game. Plus in your photo your installing on carpet so your pretty much guessing.

#6449 2 years ago
Quoted from mphizzle:

This is my first pinball I have ever owned and really enjoy the game! However, I am having an issue with one of the scoring mechs. Anytime I use a flipper scoring occurs and one of the red flashers towards Grogu lights up as well. The flasher is at the top left on the playing field. Not sure if it’s a setting or something I can adjust. Any help on how to fix this would be great. High score pic is an example of some unrealistic scoring.
[quoted image]

Looks to me like you spun the spot light around. That is supposed to be pointed at Grogu not the flasher lamp. That may actually be why your flasher is lighting...

1 week later
#6677 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

If the premium serial numbers picked up where the LEs left off with nothing in between then they built around 700.

Huh? How do you come up with that. They did a short run of Pros, then 750 LE'S.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Raleigh, NC
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=Yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.