(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I owned JP and DP. I really liked them both for sure. I don’t have enough time on SW to make an accurate opinion. Never played TMNT.
Do you have a lot of time on GnR or own one? If not, you really should. Game is nuts. You really can’t judge it without putting some real time on it and understanding it all. Everyone I’ve had over to play it a been blown away. The usual response is, “I’ve never played anything like this before!”
I’ve owned a lot of games over the years. Nothing has come close to GnR. It’s so immersive. I really like Stern games too, I just hope they up their game after GnR.

Wait is this a Stern thread?

Spoken like a true JJP fanboy, you guys always think you have to promote anything JJP in Stern threads, because we all know they don’t shoot all that well. That’s precisely why they are loaded with lights to distract from all the deficiencies. Let’s face it, JJP has way overpriced their games because of years of fiscal irresponsibility, which we all pay for when we buy their machines. LEDs are cheap, drumsticks are a couple bucks, plastic cymbals are a few cents from china, rotating hat has no ball interaction, guitar neck doesn’t do anything of real interest. GNR the band put out a handful of albums with tons of covers. Not sure how or why these few items listed here have some how raised the bar to anything in pinball. If lots of irritating flashing in the eyes is an immersive experience: I can’t figure that one out at all. Your right, no one has ever played anything like that at Stern, because they know how to make fun pinball, that shoots great. After all, most all the pros at Stern once worked at Bally/Williams who set the real bar/standard years ago.

We are discussing in this thread Mando after checking the thread list again. Please promote your JJP purchases in the GNR club thread with people that care.

#125 2 years ago

(Okay, will restate it in the public forum, as more of a public discussion then.)

We all know JJP machines, including GNR don’t shoot all that well. That’s precisely why they are loaded with lights to distract from all the deficiencies. Let’s face it, JJP has way overpriced their games because of years of fiscal irresponsibility, which we all pay for when we buy their machines. LEDs are cheap, drumsticks are a couple bucks, plastic cymbals are a few cents from china, rotating hat has no ball interaction, guitar neck doesn’t do anything of real interest. GNR the band put out a handful of albums with tons of covers. Not sure how or why these few items listed here have some how raised the bar to anything in pinball. If lots of irritating flashing in the eyes is an immersive experience: I can’t figure that one out at all. No one has ever played anything like that at Stern, because they know how to make fun pinball, that shoots great. After all, most all the pros at Stern once worked at Bally/Williams who set the real bar/standard years ago.

I wasn’t excited for Mando at first, but now after thinking more about it, it could be a winner with Eddy doing it in the vain of The Shadow. It’ll be a sell out.

#194 2 years ago

Rumors: Mando will have upper playfield that rotates, with 2 flippers and 6 drop targets according to Kman. Also, rumored to have 2 ships, one that will have a door that opens. Should be fun with Eddie on design.

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

If any argument about not being able to get the Mando pin, just show this to your girlfriend/wife!!
[quoted image]

Yep, just showed my wife and her expression was just that; “awe, that’s so cute!”

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Won't prevent you from getting that pin, will it!!!

You’re right, she’s all in with me now too!

1 week later
#1579 2 years ago

This is Brian Eddy creating a game that appears to have all the extra BOM that might have gone into LZ, although it’s a good game too. But because SW Mando will sell boatloads of machines for years to come, so Stern can afford to amortize the BOM costs over the years. Where something like LZ or BKSOR would never sell in those numbers and cannot justify the bigger BOM. It has received the GB treatment. Plus, like GNR, Mando appears to have all the assets, which is also what we all want in our machines. This looks to be a home run all the way around and is the Star Wars machine loaded with all the things we have always wanted. Mando looks to be SW Disneyland for our homes.

#2479 2 years ago
Quoted from scasteel:

Thst would be sweet. I believe the included figure is also on Amazon and does nothing [quoted image]

That’s not the same one at all. Look at the detail. Stern’s Grogu is quite different and unique.

#2485 2 years ago

Thinking this pin will stand the test of time and be right up there in the top five of all time, just like Brian Eddy’s other pins MM and AFM.

1 week later
#3829 2 years ago
D52C7405-C46C-47D4-AB55-58390FB62F8B (resized).jpegD52C7405-C46C-47D4-AB55-58390FB62F8B (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#5073 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Well confirmed today our distributor here only got a measly 13 LEs. No wonder they were gone before the fact, especially with the FOMO types out there at the moment. Also, given the ridiculous delay till December on Premiums, I've said I'll just wait thanks and also see if Godzilla is the next title or not and also get to no doubt play a Mando Pro in the meantime somewhere. Meantime there's a good chance my Fathom Revisited will arrive.

I wonder why, when the count was upped by Stern to 750 LE’s?
Star Wars, so its a hot title and with Baby Yoda? Women love it!
Game play looks to be awesome as well as coding.

#5174 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Is this game too similar to turtles?

Know TMNT very well and it is little like what I know so far about Mando. Although the coding on TMNT is so good, it would be fine if there were some similarities, as there is in most all games. Would hope Dwight would take the best of all his games he’s coded and include them in Mando to some extent. TMNT is a top tier coded game for sure and never gets old, so much to go for, so hoping and it appears Mando will be in that same vein as well.

#5217 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Shortage of parts hitting hard.

And you know this because how?

#5502 2 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

The Razor Crest has crash landed in the desert wasteland known as Utah. Mando is now holding court inside Kiito's Brewing in Salt Lake City. As a child of the 80's I liked the meme floating around online so much I decided to do a custom translite based on it to get Cara and IG in on the action.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool back glass you created with Cara, RG11, Grogu and Mando. We all love Cara in the action.

#5585 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I agree with this. It’s a huge part of why my Munsters LE won’t be leaving.I find it fun but the theme is very loved by my family and I feel my wife would would linch me if got rid of it lol.

Had a guy that was willing to buy our Munsters for way more than we paid, but when my wife got wind of it by my traitorous son, I was sent to the stockade by a lynching mod she gathered for nearly a week. Lol Munsters is really a theme that most people love. And love to play as well. Think Mando will have those same qualities in our home.

1 week later
#5936 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

What you don't understand is that these machines have decent quality source material. Why would you not want to listen to this sound via better amplification and speakers? And that is the point. The source. Line-level outputs is as close as you can get to the source.
Since you have 2 home theater systems and that makes you an expert....(I don't like going down this road...) I personally own 21 a/v setups. Pinball is my 2nd hobby where A/V is my main hobby (I need to find cheaper hobbies). The majority of them use 4K HDR monitors and range from 7.2.2 to 5.1 audio systems.
I have personally designed 4 dedicated Home Theaters (1 for me and 3 for friends). 1 of them was featured in a Home Theater Magazine (the one in my home...of which I have pics in my profile). These ranged from mid end to high end. (separates with balanced XLR outputs etc...)
What you are saying is in effect this:
"The stock 4" speakers are fine for my purposes" If you'd actually say that, great.
But you are spreading your opinion as if it were fact. You haven't even heard a Spike2 with what I am talking about doing. How can you say it is a waste when you haven't even heard a pin like this? Also, note that I am talking about Line-level outputs. Doing anything to the sound at the boards speaker connectors is speaker-level outputs. At this point the sound has already gone through the boards cheap amp. This isn't an awful thing, but you always want to use line-level if you can. For example, Star Wars doesn't have line-level outputs for the subwoofer (only for the backbox), so for that I had to use the speaker level outputs to get a line-level output for the sub. But after Star Wars (or maybe the pin after it) they went to line level outputs for all of the sound channels.
I can absolutely assure you, if you grab the sound from these pins at the line level (which is before the sound goes through the cheap amp on the board) amplify it with a decent amp and push that sound to decent speakers, it is FAR better for most people. Stern added line-level outputs exactly for this reason. There is NO reason for the line-level outputs to exist for crap source material. Stern added them for a reason. Well, I am here to tell you about their reason.
I can't even believe that this is a discussion.

You are right on the money @dinot! Taking your excellent advice and upgrading sound as you’ve done at the line level. Thanks so much for sharing with us all your expertise!

#6044 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Question on current production Stern pins. Mando will be my first Stern. Are they using fiber board on cabs anymore? Pics here seem to show even the Mando Pro has a plywood bottom. When did Stern start doing that? It seems GB has an MDF bottom (2016)...

Stern upgraded all cabinets from Munsters going forward. All nice plywood and metal corner braced. No longer MDF and such. Big improvements!

#6045 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

#17 on the top 100! Haha. I know it's probably not a real possibility but I don't think reviews should count unless there are comments attached. I enjoy reading people's individual reactions to the game and feel like just throwing up a number by itself is akin to all those Human Resources surveys that I blast through without thinking

It should be renamed to the heavily manipulated “Stern Haters Lopped 100”, lol! That crowd won’t ever give any Stern a good review, lol. (Whether they’ve played it or not, doesn’t matter and not part of their rating thought process, as long as it’s kept down.)

Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’d be shocked if the LE didn’t start in the top 5-7 and then settle around 13-15.

I’d be shocked if the Stern haters didn’t drop it undeservedly to around 25 to 30, just like they did on Brian Eddie’s other game, STH. Now STH is highly sought after in spite of it only rising to a manipulated position of only #23. Demand and sales alone tell us where a machine should be ranked. On that note, STH and Mandalorian should both be in the top 5, as they are both in high demand. STH was slow out of the gate, because so many Stern haters piled on it early and kept berating it, even though now, most everyone loves it and trying to find one to purchase. Mando will unfortunately fall into the same downward manipulated pathway of pinside.

In contrast, Spooky a very good company, has so much good will, no matter how well Halloween does or doesn’t shoot, it will be ranked higher than both Mandalorian and STH. Crazy how the exact same designer Brain Eddie of the top 2 rated games for much of the time, has done Mando and STH, which are both arguably every bit as good, if not better. But because they have the Bally/Williams label are given carte blanche. Granted they are both good games too!

#6204 2 years ago

So exciting to see photos and hear everyone’s reviews of the LEs. The color of the armor matches artwork quite nicely. Can’t wait to get mine next month! (Just noticed Kevin’s nice touch of the black bolt heads for the legs.)

#6331 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have heard several people saying their LED bulb is falling out of the socket by Grogu, and I thought I would share my fix. What I do for loose LED's is use a small piece of clear scotch tape that sticks to side of socket and then half way to center of LED. No glue or permanent fixes, sometimes I will try and bend the wire leads out-but that usually does not work. Scotch tape works well and you do not see it.

Good idea! So what does that exactly look like? Where exactly do you place the tape?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 22.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=Thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.