(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SNES.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4798 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:You mean like how you can start multiball in Medieval Madness in 15sec by hitting the orbit a few times followed by the scoop?
And just like MM, you can do it but it’s not optimal. It’s an easy and fun mode to trigger early for a new player but not necessarily the best choice for an experienced one.

I agree with this. Easy multi balls are great for beginners and always make guests happy and excited when they get one. Really like that this is easy to get for them.

Now to sell a game so I have room for this!!!

#4799 2 years ago

Dbl post

1 week later
#5090 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Does anybody have any idea what the topper is gonna be yet?

I’m wondering the same. You can order it right now without it being announced or seen yet?

#5161 2 years ago

Just got back from playing the pro with my wife and daughter. Great experience! I was worried about the upper playfield area, the plastic ramps covering too much of the playfield, and the shot to the left of the right ramp that looked like it hit the side of the orbit and was kind of awkward. I have to say the upper playfield was definitely difficult to be perfect on (decent amount of luck involved IMO), but was a lot of fun! I didn’t notice the ramps blocking my view at all when I was playing. The right shot was very fun actually and returned pretty quickly to the flippers. I really enjoyed the pin and am looking forward to buying one now! Helped that my wife and daughter were all in as well. Lots of fun!!

#5176 2 years ago

My daughter is all in on “Baby Yoda” and keeps asking when we are getting one. We were humming the music all night long!

D7753D8A-B328-4660-9D95-6E67D76668DC (resized).jpegD7753D8A-B328-4660-9D95-6E67D76668DC (resized).jpeg
#5244 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you watched the show - the mode plays fine. By this logic... why did the pirates multiball make it either, it was just one scene, etc.
And playing if you hear plenty of Grogo sounds and references to the child. He doesn't feel 'missing' in the game. He's cooing and he's on the orbit shots and callouts refer to him and the awards sequence all have him. It's a non-issue really. Oh and he's in the ball save animations too.

I agree that he didn’t feel missing to me. He’s also on the tilt animations as well. I think he’s in the game a good amount. Although my daughter would say you can’t have enough Baby Yoda haha

#5249 2 years ago
Quoted from SpaceGhost:

It's possible for sure. I supposed the rules as you get better get more interesting. The flow of the game seemed a bit rough to me but again, that's my opinion based on the type of pinball I like and play.

It's not that I don't like modern pinball because I was very much hoping that Dead Pool, TMNT and Star Wars were going to be great machines. I really want to like them but I just feel like they are a bit rough in gameplay. Maybe it's the amount of start and stopping of the game to show animations and graphics that bugs me. Just kills the flow of the game.

Try Black Knight Pro. Fast and in your face. Only stops briefly for a few shots in the scoop, but you can cancel out the animation by hitting both flippers at the same time so you can get back to rocking!

#5470 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Six months from now:
“Why are there so many Mandos for sale?!”

Seems like it happens with every new release. People play under 50 games and then sell. I don’t get it but I will be waiting there with cash when that happens! Lead tome for a pro was October and I figure someone will sell me a used one before then.

#5472 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! If you ordered a pro today you are waiting till October to receive it? That’s wild. I’m still optimistic I’ll receive my premium in July but haven’t spoken with my distro recently. I know the chip shortage is delaying everything, which is understandable.

Yeah I got quoted the October run to get a pro. And they were “selling out quickly” but that was probably just a sales technique to get me to throw down the cash. I thought that was crazy for sure so I will be looking for a used one instead

1 week later
#5844 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Upgrading the backbox speakers is something I highly recommend. The Pro/Prem have 4" single cone speakers that are about $1 and sound awful.
Start with the Pinsound Subwoofer & Line-Out connector for Stern SPIKE. This is a plug&play solution that will give you line-level outputs.
Get the 5.25" adapter plates, either from Speakerlightkits or PinballLife. You can go with the Kenwood KFC-1366s (that Stern uses on the LE), but honestly I think that those are kind of crappy. (Though they are eons better than the Pro/Prem stock speakers). You don't have to break the bank. I like JL Audio or Polks. For Mando I bought Polk Audio DB521.
You don't want to drive those speakers from the amp in the pin. Get an aftermarket amp (which is why you got that Pinsound adapter). I like this one:
amazon.com link »
And don't forget the external sub. I recently upgraded all of my pins to Klipsch Reference R-12SW. They were on sale recently for $150. I bought 6. (So now I have 6 x Polk PSW-10 to unload)
I've done this to all of my pins (Well, except for Mandalorian Premium, but I have all of those parts ready to go when I get it) and they sound fantastic. Interestingly, TMNT was the one that surprised me the most. I didn't expect anything special on that one, but it sounds awesome.

Let me know what you’re looking to get for the PSW10s. I may take a couple. Thanks!

1 week later
#6047 2 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

MANDALORIAN PINBALL
Ramp Decal
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/mandalorian
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool, just ordered one!

#6218 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Update .....time , this will go into our league machine this week for test. Should easily see 100 plays this week. I will follow then, also for pricing I'm trying work it out, it's a pretty tedious to paint and tie on the ropes
[quoted image]

Looks great! Any idea what price you’re going to charge?

1 month later
#7055 2 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I have a pro and after I plunge the ball, the game goes into encounter mode and turns off all the other lights on the playfield - as if it was in encounter mode. Does anyone have any ideas of where I should start to troubleshoot? Seems like all the switches are fine - everything seems to be plugged in under the playfield. Thoughts?

Sounds to me like the switch or sensor to start encounter is registering. I’d go into switch test to test it out.

1 week later
#7162 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Hello All -
I just caught up with this thread. I was a few pages behind.
I just want to say that I believe you all are great. The CLUB threads in general are reasonably safe places. Its great to see you all help each other with all your questions, issues, troubles, and champion stories.
I think I agree with large swathes of the reviews and critiques. I am particularly interested in the ideas about improving the ENCOUNTERS. The whole BONUS LEVEL idea was my idea and a bit against what Brian wanted to do. So if you are frustrated please blame me.
I think I will think about allowing level 2 and 3 to start immediately when you complete 1 and 2. Bonus level would only start after level 3 is complete. Then increasing even more the value of the bonus level after level 3. I also think this only makes sense on the PRO. Maybe.
Laters -
- Dwight
PS - I probably will not respond to responses to this. Sorry.

I’m still waiting on my Mando so I can’t contribute much to this yet, but I just wanted to say that it is really awesome of you to make this post and look at advice from this group. Very cool!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SNES.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=SNES and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.