(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1223 2 years ago

Is Carl Weathers doing call outs a rumor, or wish, or is that sort of a confirmed thing?

Also, we think there is a drop ramp and upper playfield. Anything else I've missed that is rumored to be in the game?

#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are two main ramps. The left one has a diverter.
The right one always goes to right flipper.
On the premium there’s a third turn around ramp that feeds a wireform that goes to the left flipper for repeated shots during ambush modes.

You may be right, but it looks like 4 to me.

The one on the far left. The one in back near baby Yoda. The half pipe ramp, and then the shot right beside it looks like a ramp.

#2015 2 years ago

Is this post at the bottom of the mini playfield?

I wish this playfield was more like Shadow's where you could hit drops, and then shoot a center shot off the playfield.

Stern could have kept all the standups, but had something like one controlled target that when qualified dropped down and opened a shot. To me, that little tweak would make a huge difference.

4EA9119C-6659-4C05-B5B5-CFA6520D2FB4 (resized).jpeg4EA9119C-6659-4C05-B5B5-CFA6520D2FB4 (resized).jpeg
#2022 2 years ago

chuckwurt

You may be right, but this looks like 4.

B76695D6-307B-49AE-A543-44D551BADA39 (resized).jpegB76695D6-307B-49AE-A543-44D551BADA39 (resized).jpeg
#2046 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have no idea why there’s a ramp flap there, but I believe that just feeds the top lanes/magnet.

I agree on where it feeds, but i think it loops over the orbit back there to allow full orbit shots from the far right and left orbits. So maybe it's an inner orbit/ramp...should give some nice speed coming back down when not grabbed bu the magnet

#2610 2 years ago

Does anyone know how the mini playfield will be coded?

I hope it's modes like....you have one shot to hit a particular lit target, or a limited amount of time to hit certain targets vs an all out flailfest to hit all the targets.

It seems like you can easily trap the ball from the feed and take aim. That would be far more satisfying to me.

#2773 2 years ago

I like everything in the game so far, except for the mini playfield and the magnet placement. The magnet is what it is, sort of irrelevant...I hope the mini playfield is better than it seems.

It just seems like it would have been easy to make it so much better. Just copy, (or try and one up) TZ's power playfield. Magnet flippers, drop targets, a path to shoot off the middle of playfield. The magnets could be grogu using the force.

It's just hard for me to wrap my head around the guy who designed the Shadow's mini playfield (which is crazy awesome) doing this one.

I really hope I'm wrong and it's a blast to shoot...the rest of the game looks great.

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Knock them all down and the playfield tilts to access a new shot would have been pretty unique and special.

That's a really cool idea. If drops would have been impossible all around, you could have kept them everywhere but one in the middle. Having the playfield raise to a shot/ramp through the back of the playfield or something like that would have been awesome.

#3337 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well it kinda is, I only watched the first season but it felt like an homage to 80's TV. Mando, Stranger Things, that just leaves Ready Player One. I'm surprised Stern didn't jump on that license.

I think it's more like a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western meets Star Wars, than anything from the 80's.

1 week later
#4370 2 years ago

I know there are 5 missions. Will they be the same 5 missions every time you play?

It would be cool to have a pool of 5-10 or more coded, and the game randomly selects 5 for a particular game.

#4377 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

As it is right now, I believe they are the same 5 every game.

Maybe they'll add some...it certainly seems like there is enough existing content to add more than 5...or add more from seasons in the future (but seriously doubt that happens)

2 weeks later
#4999 2 years ago

This is probably it

26E25A2B-E9D7-4334-AC3F-41E3A3E694E5 (resized).jpeg26E25A2B-E9D7-4334-AC3F-41E3A3E694E5 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5543 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

This is NOT the way. First NIB and first refused delivery. What a massive disappointment to go from playing Mando this evening to not being sure when you'll even get one (if ever). I blacked out any identifying info as the distributor hasn't had an opportunity to rectify the situation yet. The picture is the first spot I opened to check the game and after that I said take it back. Has anyone dealt with this before? At this point I just want a refund and I'll wait for a local game to pop up for sale eventually
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've dealt with this several times over the years. Shipping is always a bit like playing roulette.

You did the right thing in refusing it. It will all work out in the end.

Either your distro will get you a new game, or you have to wait for this game to get shipped back and repaired at the factory.

Of course you could ask for a refund...that would just be up to you and your distro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,900 (Firm)
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=Rockytop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.