(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RCIV.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5245 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:So keep your eyes on your left ramp entrance... 147 plays[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How has Stern addressed the cracking of the ramp with you? Sending replacement or modification?

#5265 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It hasn't even been a day... you in a rush?

tenor.giftenor.gif
#5469 2 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

The Razor Crest has crash landed in the desert wasteland known as Utah. Mando is now holding court inside Kiito's Brewing in Salt Lake City. As a child of the 80's I liked the meme floating around online so much I decided to do a custom translite based on it to get Cara and IG in on the action.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the Cara addition!

#5518 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm still a little confused.
Is this the way, or isn't it?

Haha

2 weeks later
#6027 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Here comes a wall of photos.
FedEx said they couldn't deliver it until at least next week, so I went to the local hub to save the Child from their evil grasp.
Well packaged. Tip to others that are new to Stern NIB, the side that says you may truck from that side, this is where you will gently use a box cutter to open the box. The legs come loose inside cardboard sleeves that serve as corner protectors (do not pull up on these, you would risk the legs falling forward into your nice mirrored back glass).
The mirrored backglass is amazing in-person, photos cannot do it justice.
The artwork is awesome, very well done. The whole package is (near) perfect. This will always be at the end of our lineup, it is a very sharp looking package.
The Invisiglass is incredible. It makes me so mad that I feel as though I can't go back to "non-HD glass" - once the genie is out of the bottle, hard to put back in. At least my wife doesn't have to put much effort into gifts in the near future, I want to upgrade all the glass on our machines.
The pinballs were super shiny and packed with desiccant, no rust or pitting so I felt comfortable using these instead of Ball Barron.
The only issue I have is incomplete powder coating of our lockdown bar (nothing like spending all this money for rust out of the box). Will contact our distributor to see what Stern will do about this.
This machine FLOWS so well. The shots are not clunky, the flippers feel great and it is pretty impressive how well it shoots out of the box. It is a FAST game, the english put on the balls makes for some crazy action.
The upper playfield is a huge success in my opinion. We are having so much fun controlling the ball up there and attempting to keep accuracy for those shots to 100%, it gets VERY intense progressing through the levels. The playfield is not static at all (pitch, yaw, roll whatever we agreed this technically is based on perspective) and feels like this is going to keep the game fresh. I've played the pro (at least $60 worth) at Birdfish in Ohio and the mini-playfield is worth the upgrade in my opinion. Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE the Pro and think it is probably one of the best values Stern has put out in some time (though I hope someone will put out a wireform kit for owners, yet another reason to have the Premium/LE).
The magnet for the Child needs to be dialed in (less power I think) as it only throws it back down the left orbit or into the area of the Razorcrest. It is a neat addition and feels like the Pro is a little emptier without it.
That "shadowesque" loop/scoop to ramp diverter is one of the most satisfying shots in the game. Flowing from one to another, especially when lit for a jackpot, is a great feeling.
The light show, music/sound design add to the overall intensity of the game... very well done. I love the Carl Weathers callouts and truly appreciate the effort into making a cohesive package for sound. Tough to appreciate this on the pro in a noisy bar, the home environment allows this game to shine.
The code, well, it feels like the least polished of all (though still very happy with the game). I look forward to updates, modes, and squashing some bugs present.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing info and pics. Good stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RCIV.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=RCIV and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.