(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#355 2 years ago

Just talk to my distributor. Sounds like its going to be a good game. He wouldnt divulge anything but he warned me about LZ playfield being barren and alittle ugly so i trust his opinion based on what a pin looks like.

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from RabanzZ28:

For two weeks now, I’ve called a bunch of distributors in my area about getting on a list for an LE in anticipation. All said their lists are over full. How can I obtain a slot for an LE? Am I going to be subject to scalpers? Any distributors want to sell me one??

Call them all back and get on there lists for back up because some will drop out because of the color of the armor, art work, has 2 flippers down by trough, ect...lol!

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

All in, premium or LE on theme alone for this household. Besides a "school of witchcraft and wizardry" theme, this is a close second for us.

Same here! Wife was like get a LE and my kids have never shown any true excitement for pins until this one. Been a good week for us Star Wars fans. Oculus SW pinball then today Minecraft Star Wars for my little guy and now Stern with this cherry on top!

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

True for me too. Not only that, the show has made me a more of a Star Wars than I ever was. Sure I liked the original trilogy as a kid. But not nearly as much as many other people. After that, I was not much invested in the franchise until recently. Now, because of covid and Disney +, I've watched just about everything. Including all of the Clone Wars. But it all started with The Mandalorian show. Sure, I could nit pick a on a few things about the show. But I'd rather just run with the enjoyment of it.

Hows the new show Bad Batch? Looks cool but being a animated series ill probably just let my kids tell me what happens.

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I love bright lights, what I don't like is that his code tends to be score focused more than mode progression.

100% disagree about Dwight code style. Hes all mode based usually and not score.TMNT, GOT, SW, and GB are just a few all mode based games that have great progression. Also Dwight is credited on software on LOTR besides Keefer.

Also has anybody ever noticed how interactive Marshmallow man is on GB? or how about the stupid looking infinity gauntlet that looks like it came out of a cracker jack box? Or how about the stupid dildo dino on the JP pro? I could keep going but you get the picture.

Game looks packed with great shots. My only concern is the depth of the code with 5 main modes. There has to be more then 5 main modes so im hoping for multilevel modes like BM66 where you can either cash out or go deeper into the next part of the mode or even possibly like Star Trek with levels to the modes.

#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That's long gone!

Thing about RGB GIs is there always so dim unless its GOT or ST. JJPs are dim except GnR because of the Hotrails but the rest of there games are on the dim side compared to regular bayonet white leds which i prefer. Even Hot Wheels i just got is so dim it needs pin stadiums and Wonka pin stadiums are a must have. SW and BM66 GI that i have now are so much better lit stock then Wonka and HW. I do wish they would do full inserts RGB but GI with normal LED bulbs.

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Maiden has five modes; I didn't hear any complaints.

I have zero time on IMDN beside one time at Pinfest and i did enjoy it but Deadpool i couldnt sell fast enough with its modes being so shallow.

Also im not complaining i want a LE or premium. Im on the list for LE but 3 need to cancel as of 9am tismorning so lets talk bad about the game more so i can get a LE, LOL!

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sounds like you need a Rick & Morty.

Ive never played one. Does it have a lot of modes? Ive never watched the show, not much of a cartoon fan.

#2098 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

My issues with prem/LE are the grogu magnet and mini playfield.
Seems they knew they had to use magnet (grogu power) but they didn’t managed to convert it in a great feature.
I’m afraid this mini playfield gets boring quickly if only used to collect encounters.
But the main feature is the code for me. I have no game with Dwight on the code and don’t know what to think.

Besides Lyman being number 1 Dwight is my favorite coder easily. Starting with Junkyard for me hes been great. GOT is my all time favorite coded game hes done followed by GB and SW closely. TMNT is really good to. Munsters he did what he was told to do so if he was told to make a simple game he did that great to cause that is a simple code. He is the master of moments. I dont fear DW on code ever!

#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

Cara Dune so thick they could only include her in the game if they switched to a wide body.

Would be the SC version for Super Curvy. I think she would kick every single guys ass on here, id let her put get me in the north south position and transition into a triangle choke anyday!

#2126 2 years ago

I like that theres 5 rollover lanes. Reminds me of Williams Indy. I miss that on newer Sterns with only 3 lanes or even TMNT at only 2 which really suck.

#2130 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Google it, save the moderator some work!

Edit- (i see you unquoted me now)Not sure why you quoted me. I know why she got the boot but i still respect her as a person(anybody that steps into cage i respect) and liked her character on the show so it is what it is. Ive followed her since Strikeforce.

#2135 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Didn't anyone read the TWIP article? Full breakdown of the rules design. Some impressions:
1) 18 RGB inserts for shot indicators & RGB GI lighting for specific mode & effects --- That's perfect & all you need. I personally can't stand color puked lighting rails & so much color on some titles that you can't even tell where to shoot the ball.
2) The best feature of the Prem/LE is the dynamic inner loop U-Turn ramp. I love this design & the multiple ways the ball can go. That's going to be a lot of fun to shoot repeatedly.
3) Will be interesting to see how the Mini tilting playfield is coded. Does it start flat & get steeper & harder with each level? Can you unlock equipment in the foundry to light the apron button, giving the player the option to make it flat & easier for a few seconds? For anyone who's played Banzai Run, you know vertical shots are not easy. I think this could be the best use of a mini playfield in years.
4) I like the Scope shot feature. Shoot the lit blue arrows for big jackpots. I can see the disintigration clips on the LCD already.
There's a lot going on with the rules & modes. The playfield is packed, even on the pro. The art is outstanding. This looks like a winner all around. As a guy who owns his own Stormtrooper suit, I'm very excited to play it myself

Well said and totally agree on all points!

#2144 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I quoted you by mistake, lol, I actually wanted to reply that I sure wouldn't mind a gentle choke myself, and yeah, she could kick some asses over here.
Thing is, she played a character. Fictional. The actor views and opinions, wrong as they were, should NOT affect a character she played.
And now, because of this collective woke attitude, we're missing out on Cara Dune, the Mandalorian though gal that had a soft spot for Grogu!

No worries man i figured you didnt mean to quote me. I was surprised when i seen how large and in charge she became over the years, she has a power lifter look to her now compared to her 145lb fighting days, lol!

#2151 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Another thing is that the pro mini playfield doesn't tilt, but there's also only one flipper. There's a big open gap there. So it's going to be harder to keep the ball up there when it's buncing around. It's going to drop out & your going to have to keep putting it back up there via the ramp. Different & equally effective IMO.

Is the Pro mini playfield even lifted at all? Ill have to go look at the Pro again since i didnt really check it out much since going LE/Prem. Looks flat from what i can tell and just fills the right corner of the normal level playfield. I could be wrong though? Ill go check it out again now.

Also is Grogu life size? He sure looks like it.

#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

No, it’s part of the main

Thats what i thought from quick clip i did see of it. Thanks for clarification.

#2166 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Does he used to code several levels in modes or MB?

No he doesnt have levels to his modes that im aware of if your comparing to BM66 style modes which are the some of the best modes and code on any game ever. 4 stage episode modes on that game are outstanding compared to say GnR music modes that do nothing for me. Dwights style is more playing a progressive style game to get to the wizards with multipliers thrown in there for the points style guys which honestly i dont care about. I look for a adventure under glass that is exciting and fast paced. Dwight did do some finishing touches on Star Trek after Lonnies mess to but im not sure whos idea it was to make the 6 modes on that game 3 levels deep.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The Pro would be the location machine of choice as always. That upper playfield is static does not tilt. So a tilting upper playfield seems not to be a location gimmick.

Its not a upper playfield on the pro correct?

#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:Life size at like 8" tall?

I just looked him up and hes 16'' tall. He just seems so tiny when Mando is holding him on the show.

#2215 2 years ago
Quoted from Snailpin:

Do we know who worked on the game design on this one?

Same guy that designed the GOAT Medieval Madness!

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Baffles me why they didn't put the dynamic duo (Eddy/Sheets) together for this one considering the magic Lyman can works with these properties that have loads of video assets.
Putting the same guy that botched up the last Star Wars just makes no sense at all to me. At least my wallet is safe for now. Waiting to see what Elwin does next.
Maybe they'll pair up Elwin and Sheets!!!

Not that i disagree that Lyman is great but SW code is great also. It has some of the best moments in any machine. Hyperloop multiball during Deathstar or Endor mini wizards with 3 balls in the hyperloop then blowing up the Deathstar into victory multiball is so good and if you havent done it yet your missing out.

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

SW code is incredible to me. Only thing I dont love is the multiplier which really only matters for scoring if you care. But the actual modes/gameplay is great. Dwight is a good coder and I like his games. I also like that hell be around the game thread and answer questions

Hes watching now. Hes liked a few posts in last few hours i seen.

#2261 2 years ago

Is the power activated up/down scoop activated with the action button...like a diverter on Shadow go figure?

#2297 2 years ago

Still no talk if the action button controls the up/down diverter on the Premium/LEs? I think that's a much better add-on then the magnet!

#2543 2 years ago

Is the power activated up/down scoop on the premium/LE controlled by the action button like Shadow ramp diverters but vertical? Sure looks like it. Video starts at the diverter being used.

#2549 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe it’s automatic during ambushes.

Guess we will have to wait to see some gameplay. Im hoping its used more then ambushes and not automatic but wont be a deal breaker for me.

#2558 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Dont believe so they talk about the button in the podcast and don't mention it. More mode specific . TBH I am ok with this, I am a big fan of diverters they really can make a game have so much variety.
I owned a roadshow for a while and it did an amazing job with them!

Which podcast are you referring to? Can you please post a link?

#2578 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Stern Pinball:
"Mark your calendars, Dead Flip Pinball Streaming reveal stream with game team 5/21 @ 6pm CDT!"
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10159484978114244

Thanks but those are not the podcast(droids) im looking for, lol. I guess i have to be a Stern insider member to hear the podcast that Mando was referring to.

#2581 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

This guy needs a hug
[quoted image]

Maybe its because its the 2nd season that we find out his name is Grogu not baby yoda.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those podcasts are free 72 hours after they originally air. Just set up a free account with them and check back in a couple days.

Thanks man! I thought i had a account with them. When you get a NIB it has that special gift paper with Garys face on it that i thought signed you up for free to there Insider thing but it doesnt reconize my email.

#2587 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Heh, I think it's telling how Stern picked C-H-I-L-D as the letters to light instead of G-R-O-G-U

It is weird they did that since I always have to ask my 6yr old whats baby yodas real name, lol! Im really happy its 5 lanes though since 3 lanes is boring and you dont have to do much to get all 3 and dont get me started on TMNT 2 lanes(worst part of that layout to me).

#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Ok lets go with the 60's, my point was only that it doesn't really count as new or modern. Mandalorian is going after the adorable market in toy sales but its still basically a Dad or Grandpa rock theme.

100% respectfully disagree on Dad theme! My 6 yr old and 10 yr old have tons of Mandalorian toys. They both sleep with Baby Yodas, have all there desktops as Mando or Grogu, and watched the 2 seasons without me. My wife told me to buy the machine since my kids are so into SW universe. They cant wait to go to SW galaxys edge at Disney World. Every kid in the USA knows who baby Yoda is. If you want a true Dad theme look at Munsters or Iron Maiden or Elvira but Mandalorian is not the way...

#3359 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Did you miss the whole they are going after the adorable toy market with the series. I 100% agree this iteration of Star Wars is meant to sell toys and play the nostalgia strings of Dads. I didn't realize that was ever a question for the Star Wars universe.

Did you miss the first sentence where I said its not a Dad theme...My kids dont care if I like Star Wars or not they love the Mandalorian. They watched all 7 seasons of Clone Wars recently and the Bad Batch. Star Wars is not Dad theme its universally loved by all ages.

#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s not “Baby Yoda” It’s Grogu, it’s an entirely different character. Make sure your kids know they before they get schooled by some huge playground nerd haha.

I know I know, lol! Grogu, The child, Baby Yoda, pick your poison i guess. Trust me my kids are always correcting me saying its Grogu not baby yoda.

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh ok good, just don’t let them hit you haha

They hit each other enough that i dont have to worry about them hitting me much, LOL! Brotherly love i guess. My 6yr old is the tough guy and my 10 yr old is the video gamer so it goes down very often. I actually had to buy a second build a bear Grogu because they would fist fight over who got to sleep with him!

#3365 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Dude, its not a big deal. People of all ages love classic rock, its still Dad rock. I didn't realize it was sensitive to say Star Wars was for Dads and kids. I apologize.

No apology needed its all in good fun, im not being serious in a negative way with you buddy! Im sorry myself if I made you feel attacked in anyway.

#3392 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You have no geeks if you haven't exposed them to Indiana Jones trilogy, BTTF trilogy, Goonies, Gremlins, Top Gun, etc.

I think my kids have watched more Star Wars stuff then I have ever with Disney+ now. They watch the entire movie series in order pretty often. My older 10yr old loves BTTF, Goonies, and Indy but also been on a Predator, Terminator, Matrix, John Wick kick recently. Almost all the themes that they love to watch come from Fortnite releasing character packs. Whats old is new again I guess to the point i felt like i was watching one of there shows when I checked out Mando.

#3413 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

John Wick for a ten year old???

Actually he was probably 9 or younger when John Wick skin came out on Fortnite and he watched the movies. He watched LOTR when Salomon is getting the Orcs army together where there coming out of the ground with the drums banging (personally the scariest scene i can think of hes watched)and didnt scare him but the wolves scene in Frozen freaked him out, go figure. Kids are strange sometimes what there into and what freaks them out, lol!

1 week later
#4535 2 years ago

Just got my LE invoice from my distributor and was told 3 weeks for delivery.

#4609 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

+1
waiting to see/test/play it
and to be honest, i'm even not sure the mini PF (area) will be less "fun" on the PRO than the moving one...

Did you happen to listen to the Dwight and Eddie interview on Super awesome pinball show? https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/19099136
Jump alittle over half way is when Dwights part starts and Dwight talks about the differences of the two minis.

#4661 2 years ago

Deadflip streaming the Pro tonight at 6pm Central...

#4665 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Finally! Will be interesting to see if people change their initial pick and go for either the Premium or the Pro. Or if current Pro buyers will walk away happy!

Thats where im at, I have a LE but if the Pro looks better Ill just get both and make somebody happy with a LE.

#4668 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

That's a great way to look at this. What's the difference again between a LE and a Pro?
Just comparing, myself I wouldn't be too attached to the LE backglass, armour and HD glass. Blades? I've already seen some good ones being offered. Leaves me looking at that mini playfield once and for all.
For example, I like my uppers in Shadow and GoT, but with those two games, I get the sense of gameplay and everything runs smoothly.
Tonight should be quite interesting!

Difference money wise from LE to Pro is about $4k.

Thats my main concern is the mini playfield differences. Dwight came out and said the Premium/Le mini is more fun but he works for Stern so cant expect him to talk to bad about the game. The plastic ramps i could live with and the magnet as far as i can tell is a waste so far. The diverter might be cool but have to see how the Pro plays without it. Im excited, is it 7pm Eastern yet? Maybe Levi should do hourly updates...

#4672 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

If you got in on day one... now it's roughly a 7K difference.

I got in about a month before announcement and still was 4th down the LE wait list. Luckily people didnt have the loot when distributor called with invoice and he only went $200 over MSRP unless Stern raised there prices to $9400. No free shipping on this game either which is a first for any NIB Sterns for me that ive bought.

#4800 2 years ago

Ive watched both streams a few times now. Mini on the Pro looks like its handicapped looking to me with just one flipper and the playfield being flat and not moving looks lackluster when compared to the Premium/LE. Overall both games look great though but Premium/LE for is the way for me.

On the Star Wars discussion I also owned both SW pro and premium, Premium vs Pro is easy on that one. Pro version is to easy to beat. Hyperloop and being able to blow up the Deathstar never get old and make that version of the game so much more fun, so that choice was much easier then Mando has been for me.

#4908 2 years ago

Ive grown to dislike superbands. I noticed when i get NIB the stock rubbers grip the ball much better and I was a superband junkie up until last few months. Ive been trying perfect plays and like them more then superbands. I dont like the translucent look of the superbands compared to the deep nice colors of perfect plays either. Titans I remove right away I have never liked them.

So Im going to go with stock Stern rubbers or perfect plays in black when mine arrives.

#4910 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Everyone has an opinion-some like it bouncy some do not. Love Superbands
If you did want to check out Superbands-I get them from Marcos...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RUBB-POLY

My main gripe with superbands is drop catches with them. I religiously changed all my games for years to superbands until I got a game in trade and thought it had superbands on it when they were actually not and they played so much better with my style of play that has developed skill wise over the years.

All you guys that have issues putting superbands on im a easy hire i slip them right on no problem but you got to pay for airplane tickets, food, lodging, and entertainment but flipper rubber change is free, lol!

#5031 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Hearing multiball is achieved too easily and often.

Then it should be game of the year...

#5043 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

From what I've seen, I don't mind that it's easy to start Razor Crest multiball(s), I mind that it's boring. Something like hit 3 center shots to light MB, hit 6 shots for the next one, hit 9 shots for the third one. Just a mindless grind on an easily repeatable shot.

They were talking about this on one of the TPN podcasts yesterday. I think they said that Dwight said that some are once per game multiballs so you cant keep restarting them but dont hold me to it cause im just repeating what they said. Guess we will know soon enough.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Will be streaming here in about two hours![quoted image]

Can you provide a link to where you will be streaming? Thanks!

#5087 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Has anyone heard when LE’s are shipping?

Just called my distributor and at first they were reluctant to give a date but after getting topper locked down they told me hopefully by beginning of July.

#5192 2 years ago

An inane comment while waiting for the Mandalorian pin delivery: It looks like Skywalker on the right sling plastic is the "older" Luke. possibly Stern did the design before the end of season 2? Spoiler: Luke was CGI'd as age appropriate a few years after ROTJ.

He looks right to me. Definitely not the newest trilogy Luke more like the Thrawn trilogy age.

#5324 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

just got an email from my distro looking for final payment. says Limited shipping within the next week or two

I just got the final payment due invoice on LE for next week or so shipping to!!!

Favorite bash toy for me is Slimer on GB pro. Just feels right to me and the way it works makes you feel like the ball was slimed.

#5328 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I'm not understanding the connection with "Jennie"?

Life is like a box of chocolates, didn't you know that already?

#5535 2 years ago

I see automated has Pros in stock for anybody looking for a Pro.

#5541 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It seems strange he would have 1st run Pros in stock. I'm a little surprised when most people aren't getting them.

Drop shipping whatever overflow Stern has at warehouse if i had to guess.

#5550 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Production run size is likely set before Stern has every game earmarked for promotional activities. They probably just had more games from the run then earmarked... so they goto their big distros to sell like everything else.

Exactly. Automated always has the best stock and will get you your game the fastest in my experience with NIBs. There just the middle man drop shipper so when you order a game it will come directly from Stern. Sucks there not doing free shipping on this game but Id ask for it see what he says.

#5606 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

So after all the hate on the fact that Dwight was coding this one, has he redeemed himself? My only impression is from streams but it does look like the rules are deep with a lot to do and plenty to choose from depending on what kind of game you want. Easy to get Mbs, straight forward modes, scoring pretty even on the .96 code, really cool asset integration etc.
Still early for a final verdict, but I think Dwight should bet getting some props for his coding on this one.

I dont care what anybody thinks, Dwight is my favorite coder and makes the most fun coded games in my opinion. Ive hands down had more fun on SW, GB, GOT, and TMNT then any other coder has ever done and expect the same with Mando!

#5623 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What do you think a deep game is if Star Wars isn't deep? Tons of modes and multiballs in that.

BM66 when it comes to Stern takes the cake for deepest coded for me with 8 main modes with multistages to each mode making some actually 4 mini modes in 1 mode and a ton of minor villian modes to play through and all the other things in the code to do. Try to play all 8 major modes with out cashing out on each episode until there done and see how long that takes and how fun it is to progress through each stage of the modes. Its a game that truly takes some time to really open up but once you get it and the strategies with the minor villians come into play man its great. I also dont think SW is deep coded but it sure is alot of fun and gets intense in those wizards. Honorable mentions for Sterns are TSPP and LOTR but deep doesnt equal fun especially for TSPP.

Hobbit on JJP games is deepest that ive played. Each mode has different shots and its like LOTR x5 code wise.

#5626 2 years ago

Anybody no where to order shooter lane protectors yet? Cliffy I think is flooded im hearing so was wondering if anybody knows of a quick alternative?

#5629 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it’s called Mylar and it’s available everywhere.
Oh and reduce the eject power to its min setting.

So no option besides Mylar so far is how I should of worded my question. I don't put anything usually on my NIB lanes i just turn eject down to minimum but seeing a few shooter lane pics of pro has me wanting to be alittle more proactive since it's going on a LE.

#5631 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hear ya. I did that a tad too late on my LE. I have a small pop of clear in the shooter lane, but once I got the Mylar on there and reduced the power it hasn’t gotten worse. I assume doing that day one will keep it perfect.

Cool I'll do that then. Only game I ever had issues in shooter right out of box was Ghostbusters and I ended up clear coating it and sanding/polishing it out to look new then Mylar and eventually a cliffy kit. Thanks man!

1 week later
#5898 2 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Just heard my LE ships next week!

I was just told there shipping tomorrow to my distributor then be here in a week or so.

1 week later
#6080 2 years ago

I can not find any ball guides on my LE that need washers. Which guides are you guys raising?

edit- found one on the exit side of the inner loop

double edit- did both sides of the inner loop.

is there any other potential guide chippers?

#6089 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Easy to get too?

Wasnt to bad. Take off two screws in the plastic guard. Then removed the ramp wireform and ramp nut from under playfield and move the entire ramp out of the way and that will made it so you can get to the plastic covering the guide hex nuts. Then just removed the guide nuts and put washers under each end.

#6091 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Can you share pics of everything you put washers under?
Pretty please, I have mine coming and will do
The same

On the left side Stern already installed the front washer you see in pic but the actual guide end is tucked in behind there.

20210708_191937 (resized).jpg20210708_191937 (resized).jpg
#6101 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Had a chance to play this again last night. The visibility of the shots on the right is a problem due to the plastic ramps. The encounter playfield is low and behind so much stuff that my kids would have a difficult time seeing it. I want to like this machine but to me, these issues detract from the enjoyment of the game.

Sounds like your kids needs to try a Prem/LE. Yesterday my 11 yr old was in the upper mini and looked at me and said "I love this game". I didn't think I'd like the mini myself but damn is that fun. The added diverter is so slick when it does it on the 180 ramp that I can't see not having that feature. Even the magnet if it wasn't there now would seem weird.

#6107 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Titan standard shiny pinballs will work great in all games.

The magnet can be pretty crazy powered. It threw the ball up over the ramp yesterday. Dwight should power it down to a crawl to mimic Grogu slowly pulling the ball with the force and possible add in some control with the action button letting the ball go when your over the lane you want the ball to go down to award you. Also Dwight if your here(i know your watching) the shaker is terribly to powerful. Every shake is full power even at minimum setting. Calm it down and make it build up. Also theres moments where all the playfield lights are off except the mini playfield that needs some work.

#6113 2 years ago

Cara here. Also here is the cabinet speaker, I'm not sure if it's also different then some other LEs like my backbox speakers.

20210709_151356 (resized).jpg20210709_151356 (resized).jpg20210709_151421 (resized).jpg20210709_151421 (resized).jpg20210709_151526 (resized).jpg20210709_151526 (resized).jpg
#6114 2 years ago

You can report this stuff straight to Stern:
[email protected]

Dwight is here reading/following so its much easier for him to see stuff here specific to his game then go through whatever happens at Stern i feel. Plus I've reported bugs before there even with videos of issues and no response where I've chatted with Dwight now a few times here and on streams so i just find it easier for him to notice by posting here.

#6118 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Man I really like that Cara Dune sticker. I just can't bring myself to pay $7.50 for shipping. Maybe I'm a cheap ass. I never like it when people over charge on shipping. Instead of paying $15 for the sticker and $7.50 for shipping, I'd pay $20 for the sticker and $2.50 for shipping.
It's a mental thing for me. Ok, maybe I'm nuts. Or does it really cost $7.50 to ship a sticker now?

They send a set of flipper decals along to. Not really my cup of tea but was a nice addition Tilt tossed in.

#6120 2 years ago

Would that Cara Dune sticker get torn up pretty quickly or is it worth it/the cleanup?

It's same material as side art blades I think so I'm not sure how well it will hold up really. It's a easy install though, just take the 2 screws out and pull the metal lane to do it. Pre punch the holes in decal before trying to put the screws back in so it don't wrinkle.

#6151 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Can someone post the brand and model number of the new "shield" speakers?

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-aIRY1vqdAma/p_777P52B/Sound-Ordnance-P-52B.html

#6160 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Good question. I’ll look and see if they even have EOS switches.

Yep mine says it too.

20210710_115042 (resized).jpg20210710_115042 (resized).jpg20210710_115050 (resized).jpg20210710_115050 (resized).jpg
#6164 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

from his cousin pinball...
[quoted image]

Nice! Can you show a pic of the entire playfield so I can tell the size alittle better please. Also where did you get it?

#6168 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Cool. Thanks for checking into that!

No problem anytime! Dwight knows to so im sure he will get it figured out on one of the upcoming code updates. He also knows about the mini playfield bug where if you start a encounter after multiball sometimes the mini stays vertical.

#6170 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I really wish they would code in an option to turn off the mini playfield flippers until the opto up there is tripped when a ball enters.
I can’t remember who talked about it from Stern, but they said the reason they left those to always flip was because if that opto failed at a location, those upper flippers would never be on. They are right. But why not put an option in the settings to have them turn off until the onto is hit. They could leave the default to “mini pf flippers always on”. Then us home owners could switch it to only after the opto is tripped.
Makes sense to me. I would love to see this in a code update. I’ve already been cleaning flipper coil dust off the playfield under the mini Pf.

Good idea! I also have dust under mini i cleaned up when i put Cara decal on. I also went over every screw on the entire game. The minis silver head philips were super loose compared to the rest of the game. The left one was about to fall out. I also had to glue the Grogu spotlight in because it kept falling out no matter what i did to the holder.

#6175 2 years ago

In the first Twitch stream, Mando Premium, the bulb near Grogu kept fall out and rolling down the playfield. Is this still an issue?

Yes, happen to me alot so i glued it in.

#6180 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

My Grogu spotlight fell out twice.

I just put a small dab of glue on the bulb and waited alittle to make sure it wouldn't drip on game then installed it. Hasn't fallen out anymore. Not sure why that one wants to pop out over and over the holder seems like it's in the right spot.

#6186 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So LE owners, how is the upper playfield? Worth the upgrade to a premium over the pro? Right now I don’t think so, but I only played a pro. I would imagine having two flippers can one helps a lot, but the upcharge seems a lot for it plus a magnet and wire form ramps.

The upper playfield is addictive on the LE. I find myself shooting for it constantly its so fun. Plus the up post after the exit of the mini I dont believe the Pro has that lets you see some of the best assets in the game. The diverter ramp that is used for super jackpot is so slick and makes that shot great feeling when you hit it. It switches from inner loop to 180 ramp so quick and is a great moment in the code anytime the diverter flasher is flashing. Magnet wise if it wasnt there would feel weird when you shoot the child reward orbits but it could use some code work for how its powered and possibly a type of mini game when grogu grabs the ball then uses action button in a child mode of some type.. Wire forms wise i havent had any balls fall off them at all but the upper mini diverter rejects bugged me alot. I ended up putting on felt tape on the round part of diverter and anti bounce foam tape on the actual ball stop and powered the left flipper down to 240.

I sorta feel Eddie did small throwback to Shadow with the interesting and differnet kind of gameplay upper playfield and the diverter while not controlled by the player is still there and probably best Eddie could do with Stern BOM. Really the game almost feels split with the shots all being mid playfield and then the mini and child area. The mini is coded great with some small bugs but grogu could use something to make that area more fun. Something fresh and new on how lanes are played would set that area apart and make it so much more fun just by adding the action button or alittle thinking out of the box . I mean come on it takes up the entire left corner and has two orbit inserts, a magnet on some, give us a good reason to shoot there.

Is the Premium worth the upgrade over Pro, 100% yes i think so. The premium upper mini being so different and having so much more going on plus the 180 ramp diverter shot feeling so great makes a easy choice for home buyer. Is the LE worth the upgrade over Pro probably not initially but the LE will hold value where the Pros wont once theres a ton out there. Is the LE worth the extra over the Premium, yes and no. The powder coat is nice and the mirror backglass is best in awhile but the playfield colors match the premium cabinet more.

#6210 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yes you absolutely can. I’ve done it multiple times.

He talking about where you can short plunge and sneak it in the mini area on pro but thats not possible on the LE since the mini is at a angle until start a mode that uses it and also its completely lifted away from the playfield at all times so its not possible.

#6261 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Two problems on my Le. The large bulb pointing to grogu keeps falling out.
2, when shooting to upper playfield, nearly 50% of the shorts bounce and come right back.
Any help?

Drop of super glue on the base of bulb between the metal prongs and let it get tacky before install and use the least amount possible. The metal holder just isnt working on that bulb, im not sure if its the shaker or the magnet or what but no matter what that holder wasnt holding the bulb in.

Put foam anti bounce tape on the ball stop, wrap the diverter with felt tape and turn right flipper power down to 245 should get you close to 90% of the bounce gone.

DID YOU PULL THE BALL GUIDE AROUND THE RIGHT RAMP AREA? This is number one thing to do before even playing a game unless you like chipped playfields.

Also turn the trough VUK down to 176 or whatever the minimum your machine will go and still kick balls out properly. Lets keep these LEs in mint condition.

#6264 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I heard about this. Cano someone give clear instructions on what to do? Thanks in advance!

Which part the ball guide?

#6271 2 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

What do you mean exactly by “pull the ball guide on the right ramp”? Also I have been getting a lot of rejects at the scoop. Particularly from the right flipper. Any suggestions? Thanks

Put washers under these circled guide posts.

On the scoop are you talking the foundry? If so a small piece of felt tape on the scoop would probably help but i havent really had much rejects since i backhand that shot.

mando ball guide (resized).jpgmando ball guide (resized).jpg
#6275 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Interested to see that Dank Farrik Frenzy mode!

Yes exactly what i was going to post! Cant wait to try it.

#6302 2 years ago

I tried alot last night to get the DF 2 ball multiball but couldn't start it. I got the selector to land on the ? about 4 times which is hard to time right but gave me child picks award each time. Anybody else time the ? right and get the DF multiball to start?

Timing the ? with the action button reminds me of the no wammys show, lol!

#6306 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

There aren't any whammys though. The question mark is all reward with no risk. Should be more expensive.

The risk is hitting something besides the ? and if you do land it will it reward you the DF multiball. Dwight might have to change that rule up a bit or make the DF award percentage higher.

#6310 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

But if you hit something other than the ? you are still getting an upgrade at a reduced price.

Yeah but your not getting the new DF multiball and you could land on something you dont want. Ive even landed the ? 4x now and nada just child picks award. Wonder if theres a percentage setting for the awards in settings?

#6311 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I’m a bit confused about the foundry and buying upgrades I purchased the ambian rifle but it never activates what am I missing the button just doesn’t light up.

Is that the misssion one? If so you need to start a mission and the button will turn yellow if Im thinking of the right award.

Edit- i see its the add a ball was answered above. Isnt it green during multiball when you have it?

#6322 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Jack Danger streamed the new code last night and was having the same issue. He eventually took the glass off to give himself enough Beskar to buy all items other than the question mark. It still took another 2 or 3 question mark hits before he got DF.
It is more of a novelty mode, akin to JP Goat mode, that will probably have you wanting to rip your ears off.

Hmm sounds like Dwight needs to revisit that DF mode and make it alittle easier to get or get rid of the ? and just make it a item you can buy would work better.

#6329 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Just got mine, seems to need a lot of tweaking. I lowered the flipper power but I'm getting a lot of rejects from the top of the encounters ramp. Is everyone just trying to stick something up there to cushion the ball or what?
I also cant quite figure out what's going on with the post in the back of the playfield. Doesnt seem like it's always working correctly.

What is the post doing? Did you update to .97 code? The post I believe is to 'push' the ball into the Child(Grogu) area instead of letting it go around the orbit. It does seem to be popping up some at the wrong times. Try holding left flipper in until ball hits spinner on your plunge. Also dont use action button to plunge do it manually it seems to work nicer to hit the spinner. That will open up the skill shots combo that is one of the most fun ways to start a game, reminds me of the secret super skill shots in Wonka.

#6339 2 years ago
Quoted from Seirif:

Just wrap the bottom of the led w/ a thin strip of electrical tape...that will provide enough friction to keep it from falling out. And you won't have to mess around w/ super glue...

Been there done that they still eventually fall out. What was it xmen i think i had so many wedges kept popping out. Electrical tape the crap out of those bulbs. Small dab of glue is easier and i use such a small amount the bulb can easily be taken out if i ever want to. Being that its a spot id rather glue it in, now if it was a insert i wouldnt glue it because i might want to change it out.

#6384 2 years ago

Steeper in that case, my guess is your bubble is above the top line. In the lines, Stern says its 6.5. How high are the rear leg levelers on your machine? If you make them all the way down like your front ones you'll probably be around 6.5 and bubble in the middle. That's all I am stating here. To get to 6.8 (above 6.5) you have to dial up the rear leg levelers if the fronts are all the way down. Having all 4 leg levelers at the same height gets about 6.5 and bubble in the middle. Just interesting conversation, thanks!

Here's mine at 6.5 with a 10" digital level. All my legs are basicly all the way in.

20210716_231645 (resized).jpg20210716_231645 (resized).jpg
#6406 2 years ago

How many modes does this game have in it? 5 missions, 4 main wizards, 9 encounter modes, Ambush, Hunter, DF 2 ball, and the 3 Razor Crests. Damn Dwight you packed this game with breadth! Anybody that says its not deep id like to see them complete the 9 encounters to make it to This is the Way final wizard! Then you also have the scope and sweet ass super skill shot combo. Only thing that needs work is the Child part of the game needs something to make it more interesting.

#6408 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Both Stern Star Wars games are great IMO. If you're a big Star Wars fan, you should own both!

20210717_141121 (resized).jpg20210717_141121 (resized).jpg
#6414 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stern designers usually suggests 6.7-7 depending on the title. Could you please link a reference to Brian Eddy stating 6.5 is how the game was designed to be played?

6.5 is universally what all newer Sterns use i believe. Anything more causes the ball to fall in a straighter line which according to some is cheating. I set all JJPs to 7 though myself and some games like Williams Indy I had at 7.2 but I never set any games under 6.5 but Ive never owned anything older then mid 90s games.

#6432 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

9 encounters? I thought it was 3. New code totally cockblocks burning through the multiballs. Now there's a hurry up after the multi which requires quite a few razor crest shots. Well played dwight

Yes 9 encounters. Each insert in the playfield is a level and each insert on the mini is a stage to the level. So 3 stages to each level equals 9 different encounters plus the wizard encounter.

#6468 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I did the fade but I don’t see band equalizer. I see bass and treble gain/frequency.
Where is the equalizers?

I turn the equilizer to off on all Sterns that have the option. I think they sound the best that way with a subwoofer hooked up.

#6488 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I was able to backhand both the left and right ramps consistently from a trapped ball on the machine I played on site. Along with scoop. It means pretty much every shot is makeable from both flippers, except the orbits and the U turn. Too easy?

I backhand the U turn/180 ramp all the time also backhand the right ramp easy. Started Ambush mini wizard mode 2x now, sweet mode how the playfield lighting works like Slash mode in TMNT but needs a ball saver for a few seconds at the start.

Also I want the left scoop to have a ball saver for 2 seconds and its in the settings but doesnt work.

#6491 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

How close is your right scoop to the playfield when it comes down? Any chance you could take a pic?

Hope these help. I tried to activate it in settings but that setting doesn't work yet so had to do it mid game so there not the best pics.

20210719_170632 (resized).jpg20210719_170632 (resized).jpg20210719_170700 (resized).jpg20210719_170700 (resized).jpg20210719_170715 (resized).jpg20210719_170715 (resized).jpg
#6507 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

I did update to .97 and thought the same thing as you. My wife and I went to play a couple games and I was telling her how grogu shouldnt be doing that on the plunge anymore and she got it her first shot Seems kind of random when it will trigger.

Im not sure what triggers it either but i know on the second ball the super skill shot never works for me because that stupid orbit post keeps popping up and not letting the ball go through the orbit clean. Must be a bug in the code.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mando came
[quoted image]

Man i bet your one angry mo! Whoever did it wrapped it with plastic wrap like that would help, idiots! Did you end up taking it out of the box to check it out or just send it back?

#6511 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Hmmm. I havent had too much trouble with (starting) the super skill shot since the update. Are you holding the left flipper before you start the plunge?

Yes every ball i hold the left flipper in but every game the up post in orbit pops up it seems at least on one of the balls. Its annoying that this little bug is in there but Dwights team will get it cleaned up soon enough im sure.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I documented everything and took photos, from what i could see inside there is no damage, but I haven't unboxed it fully yet, wish me good luck! Mando! Yeah its like putting saran wrap on to cover up their damage haha.

Good luck i hope its just the box damaged for you!

Quoted from Xaqery:

You have to hold the flipper in until the ball gets past the switch in the left orbit, almost to the spinner. I am torn on if this is best. On one hand you can choose the super skill shot or you can just feed to lower flippers quickly. But its not as intuitive.

Any plans for a wizard similar to Jedi or Cowabunga Super Wizard mode? Game could use a ultimate wizard that requires Ambush, Hunter, and all 3 scope shots finished for a super hard to get to wizard thats beyond This is the way. Also maybe extra ball award after completing the first 3 stages(Level 1) of encounters.

#6582 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys, just reviewed the Mando LE with 6,5 score out of 10, link to the video

I give your review a 6.5 out of 10.

#6700 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Watching a couple streams, it looks like you pretty much get one shot from a trap on the upper pf, then it immediately turns into a blindingly fast random drain fest. I’d love to see a stream that shows someone able to consistently make contact with the ball the times or more after the first flip on the upper pf.
Obviously, pf size is an issue. Is turning the flipper strength down for the only the upper flippers an option? If so, does it help?

I can make it to the 5th level or 2nd stage of 2nd encounter so far. I can try to record it. The key is to aim between the targets on the encounters that have the targets side by side and always be thinking about how to stop the ball for the follow up shots after each shot.

#6731 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, mando is much shorter time, integrated into missions and honestly a lot more fun. I don’t want to sit and play on an upper playfield forever like BKSOR. The Mando le/prem might be one of my favs because of the short play and mission interactions

I'm still having trouble getting past level 2 of the 2nd encounter(the 5th stage overall). I realized i should be buying the encounter completion from the foundry instead of saving for extra ball every time.

I'm a upper playfield hater ill admit. I absolutely love the mini on the LE/Pre though. Once you get the timing down it becomes a lot of fun. Its probably my favorite part of the game. The video clips during the encounters and when you complete them are some of the best! Now if Dwight could just take the 2nd encounter rule that locks the playfield in away until the 3rd encounter that would be nice because I always seem to lock it in almost vertical, ugh!

#6733 2 years ago

Not my fault you suck at it, lol!

Really though its all good we cant all like the same stuff. You still got me beat though on GC but only by alittle. I cant seem to break the billion mark yet, probably cause i go for the mini so much or ambush mode. Hitting that scoop ramp over and over feels so good, its my second favorite part of the game.

#6742 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

You better not say the magnet is the third most favorite thing about the game.

LOL, Its definitely not at all. Something needs done to make it more fun like being able to control the magnet with the action button during the child award or think outside the box when it comes to how lanes are used possibly but no i dont think its fun. I will say if it wasnt there like the Pro I would miss it though since im use to it now but man does it need some code work to make it more fun there. Also more of a slow power to the magnet would create a more force like not the super strong whip around it does now.

#6753 2 years ago

I've been having a lot of fun with my LE the last couple weeks. I want to comment on Ambush mode. It's really cool to play. But, I really have to get there very deliberately. Which does not seem very ambush-like. I'd like to see it be a little more like the Boba Fett mode in Star Wars. Where you advance towards it during regular play without having to focus on it. Maybe combos can get you part way there. Or every other combo counts as an advance. Or have a white shot pop up sometimes like the Boba mode in SW.
I also kinda like the idea some have said about making the Child mode more interactive. Someone said you can hit both flipper buttons to control it. But I haven't had luck with that. Maybe being able to turn off the magnet with the action button or something would be cool.

You can turn the required shots down from 5 to something more easily achievable like 3 to light the right ramp for ambush. It is tough to get, out of 300 plays ive only gotten it 3x.

Child area without a doubt needs some work. Dwights the king of action button mashing how about a button mash game during Child award to power the magnet up depending on how powerful you want it to throw the ball to get different lane awards. Put a timer on it like 5 seconds or similar to Tie fighter or pizza eating mash games. How many eggs can Grogu eat in 5 seconds, lol!

Another thought would be lock the ball on the magnet and hit another ball into it for a Child 2 ball multiball. Another possibility would be lock a 2nd ball in the scoop(like GB) then knock the ball off the magnet to start a 3 ball multiball that uses the lanes under the Child as Jackpots and once collect all Child lanes jackpots lights super jackpot at the right scoop/inner loop. You could use the Child lane jackots for either multiball idea really. Shit you could take both multiball ideas and combine them so if you knock the ball off before hitting the scoop its just a 2 ball multiball but if you can lock ball in the scoop then its a 3 ball. Just trying to think of something comparable to the rest of the games code for that area, lol!

Also that DF multiball that you get from the ? in foundry is total waste of code, not the multiball but how to activate the multiball. Make that multiball buyable for 1000 beskar or award it in the Child award because I tried and tried and still havent seen it and Ive hit the ? mark alot and it always awards Child award, every single time!

#6772 2 years ago

Thanks. But, I prefer not to mess with those types of game settings. It's easier to compare game play experience and scores when I keep it at factory defaults for game features and outlanes. My main reason for mentioning the Ambush mode was to say that it might be nice if it was more ambush-like. Right now, I only get it if I'm intentionally going for it and making it a priority. I think it might be more fun if it felt more like it ambushed you.

I see what your saying on how the mode works. I dont think ive beaten the mode yet but the scoop blinks during it so im not sure how that plays into the mode yet really. Thats pretty much only time ive gotten there also, when i go just for it. I have hit the scoop 4 or 5 times in a row to start it once which was cool and reminded me of how Elwin does orbits in a repeating sense which felt good.

Got any ideas that would make it feel more ambush like?

#6810 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone having trouble backhanding the right ramp?
My game is leveled from left to right and I am playing at 6.5° deg or steeper.
Flippers are pointing at the holes perfectly and titan flipper rubbers.
I wouldn't bother if the this shot wouldn't be total kamikaze with those targets next to it.

No mine is a easy backhand thats hittable 9 out of 10 times. Post a pic of your flippers and ill compare them to mine.

#6815 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Finally was able to play this for the first time the other day. I don't think I've ever instantly viscerally disliked a playfield layout/shots more. It was like all the bad parts of Ghostbusters made even worse, with a really lame mini pf thrown in for good measure. I played about a dozen games and 90% of the shots it wanted me to take were just the one straight up the middle. Really unfun ramps layout too. Am I alone here or is this a polarizing game?

Did you play a Pro or Premium/LE? The shots all being mid playfield really seems to throw people off at first. On the shot straight up middle you need to hit other shots to light them then after hitting so many shots the left scoop shot lights to start the modes. I dont really like how the shots arent better defined with the arrow inserts not being lit with the present code either, it can make it feel like the only shot you are suppose to shoot is the center shot so i hear you there.

Oh and I love GB but more the Pro then Premium layout.

#6903 2 years ago

Question for Shadow owners or guys that know the rules on that machine. Does the upper playfield have modes? Is it easy to master that playfield or does it take some time to get use to how it plays. Im just wondering out loud and havent gotten to play Shadow more then once but I would love to own one someday. Im thinking Eddy put the mini on Mando to sorta have alittle of the Shadows good points along with the diverter.

Just not sure I get the issue with Encounters? I can personally get through them but I also can hit the left ramp after leaving the upper mini pretty easy to start the encounters again which helps alot. Also the bonus stages I personally like, i just try to get the highest accuracy possible and collect millions of points until it times out. With no bonus stage if the game went to the next encounter level you wouldnt see the sweet scenes between encounters when the ball is resting on the up post.

#6908 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Has anyone messed around with the music/sound setting after adding a Polk subwoofer and have recommendations for the different levels?

Here's my settings and my volume is at 14

20210806_213859 (resized).jpg20210806_213859 (resized).jpg20210806_214001 (resized).jpg20210806_214001 (resized).jpg
#6925 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Bought new sd card, reflashed and still won’t boot. I’ve emailed stern..

Unfortunetly might be the cpu since you've tried a new SD card. Upload a video of the cpu during boot up showing the red lights and ill compare it to mine. When you turn it on does the Stern screen show on LCD then goes black or does the game show black screen and make a clicking sound without even showing the Stern screen?

#6967 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

The only thing Im Not liking about it is the orbits are super duper Houdini tight

I think the flippers being sorta aligned for mid playfield shots and not drooping more makes them tougher shots.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Regarding upper playfield.
I spent about 20 games focusing on the upper playfield. I can now make it to the third set almost every game. Dont mess with the flipper power. Just practice playing up there. Its actually easy for me to hit the targets accurately until the playfield is at its max pitch now. That left most target causes me some grief.
I love playing the encounters and shocking people by the scores you can get up there.
I try to have the first set of encounters done before I start my first mode or mb.
[quoted image]

100% agree. I love the mini and the challenge to make it to the mini wizard which I've only gotten to one time so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (OBO)
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,900 (Firm)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=Phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.