(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago

I'm in for an LE! - from Facebook LOL - If this game doesn't have the music it will be a major let down, sure its fixable in pinball browser but id rather it was in the stock game.

To the Great People at Stern Pinball !
They all hate you, Stern Pinball. Because you’re legend!
The future is uncertain but I HAVE SPOKEN!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Bounty hunting is a complicated profession and When one chooses to walk the Way of the Mandalore, you are both hunter and prey, You have something I want. You may think you have some idea of what you have in your possession, but you do not. Soon, it will be back with me. it means more to me than you will ever know.
It is SO SO SO crucial that you have the Mandalorian soundtrack, with the super audio and sound legends you have at Stern Pinball I have no doubt you will make this sound track magic but its no good to me dead.
A friendly piece of advice, assume that I know everything - and remember I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold.
and I'm in for an LE!

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m 47 and grew up on Star Wars. I love Star Wars, but the original Trilogy. I don’t have the same love for anything past that. In fact, I’ve never even watched the Madolorian. That’s not to say it isn’t great. It’s just that I bet a lot of buyers that are of my vintage (which are most buyers) feel the same. Life is busy and that’s the reason for the existence of nostalgia. You can reminisce without having to put in any effort. You just can’t pay attention to everything with jobs and kids and lives like you used to be able to do.

dood i was just like you - but bored I watched ep 1 - didn't stop, me and the whole family LOVE it and most of my family don't like Star Wars.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Chuck, Tuesday is May the 4. You know, May the Fourth Be with You Day. Obviously the day they would announce a Star Wars theme.

only one fly in that ointment. I understand (well actually I'm guessing based on some other things I'm understand LOL) Disney have a mega announcement planned for that day so Disney/Stern may want to wait a little, or at least tease little.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Thanks Captain Obvious, I was just making a joke. Lighten up man.

laugh-it-up-fuzzball (resized).pnglaugh-it-up-fuzzball (resized).png

LOL

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

My wife: "You're not buying a Mandalorian pinball machine!"
Me: "This is the way..."
My wife: "Don't be childish, we've got too many as it is and there is no more space in the house!!"
Me: "I have spoken..."

lol I had pretty much same convo!

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Lol, What's your prediction Neil, killer game or what?

Hoping it’s a killer.

#311 2 years ago

COME ON STERN!

#315 2 years ago

My mechs on STh were fine... the guides were less so. but I agree with the point that I want a game that I can play out of the box.

AIQ was a worse experience for me than STh.

Neil.

#435 2 years ago

LOL, its not mando, mando isn't a big enough theme, stranger things is bigger, the fans want BTTF- LOL what codswallop!

LE sold out sight unseen days before the game came out. any one still doubting how big this IP is?

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Can't wait to see how many idiots buy this sight unseen based on theme then bitch about code, art, flow and pooling.
Cue the flame war in 3, 2, 1...

^ Calling number one bitch ^.

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To be fair, isn't every LE sold out instantly these days? Till a month later when it turns out they aren't?
Maybe I'm off on that but you guys would know!

True last game that I think truly sold out was IMDN - but I think the force is strong on this game

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Didn't both avengers le and elvira sig sell out?

Not sure on Avengers did they make all of the LE's? Elvira I wasn't sure they'd made all of the LE's - the SLE's yes I think you are right have sold out.

Quoted from Mando:

You guys like my new name?
Formerly Mandelbloom my last name but this just makes sense

who are you?

#809 2 years ago

IMG_1466 (resized).JPGIMG_1466 (resized).JPG

Me and this dood in for an LE

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Based on the distributor feedback of unavailability on the LE and massive lines to acquire one site unseen it would be Crazy for Stern to not view this pre-banter and jack the LE count up to 750 or more. Smart marketing play to test temperatures.

Hey if it’s good for JJP!

#990 2 years ago

I can't wait for this!!!!!

tenor-4 (resized).pngtenor-4 (resized).png
#1060 2 years ago

Just may it please have good gameplay - a game I want to stick more money into, a game that I run home from work to play, a game that is bolted down. I have spoken.

#1068 2 years ago

JJP vs Stern - now thats the sort of circle jerk I live for! so much so it must be in every thread! not!

#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

count the mando heads! atleast 14 without even seeing the side art.

Well it is The Mandalorian pinball

#1569 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

damn... i was hoping for a dessert like art style... what a fail, looks so unispired to me [quoted image]

I was hoping for this as the backglass also but plenty of stuff around for alt-translites.

#1571 2 years ago

grogu's eyes look too small compared to the rest of him. but overall if this is the game first impressions positive.

#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

never said it was a bad thing I'm hoping this is the starwars pin i've been waiting for.

hell yes, totally agree!

#1575 2 years ago

yeah I thought something similar WRT stranger things.

#1624 2 years ago

more Carl Weather's appreciation fast forward to 4 minutes- freaking epic.

Regarding the game - it looks great I'm super excited for this! Ain't gonna be no rematch!

#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah. I'm pretty bummed about that coin door. Stern needs to step up their game a bit and start powder coating those. I have no idea why all the other armor would be powder coated and not the coin door. It makes no sense. Why take the time to powder coat the rails, legs, and hinges and then just say "Yeah fuck that coin door. We're done!". It's crazy.

man you can always pay the $100 and get it done yourself - of all the hills to die on!

#2167 2 years ago
Quoted from scooter75:

No where to be found.
[quoted image]

consequences huh!

#2300 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Threw caution to the wind and made a impression video . Don’t roast me too hard

why not just write your impressions given the format of this forum?

1 week later
#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

is it typical for users to give negative posts without playing it?

sadly yes, its 90% of the noise on most new threads. Then months later the bozo's that have talked rubbish play the game and then end up buying it.

#4072 2 years ago

I stayed up until 2am to watch the stream, for an old geezer like me its not easy as the home usually insists I'm in bed and medicated by 9pm.

For me I was hugely pleased. This is probably the first game that I really care about the theme in years. I love The Mandalorian its a super tv programme!

First off the art and the design of the playfield looked great, the lighting of it was fantastic. Then as I was promised the music, holy moly, Jerry and Stern totally freaking nailed it on the sound. It couldn't be better short of an implant to my brain of the epic Mando music. The explanation of the different modes and plays styles was super and I really like the flow of the game and the shots. The mando helmet probably the bit that I need to play more to really have a view on but it looked fun. The video and assets in the game are superbly used and plenty of speech from the game too. Apollo does a great job on the call outs but again need to hear a bit more. I have a lot of time for listening to Dwight and his passion and excitement is fantastic I also like how he explained through the baskar and the trading system in a lot of detail too. Also great to see Mike on stream as he's a fantastic guy.

I see a lot of folks give them agro for the stream, you've no idea how hard it is to stream a launch like this; trying to get the right audio and video and the whole experience but every stream DeadFlip nails it in my view and getting folks mic'ed up made it even better. You need to realise that the pinball designers and coders etc are not TV personalities and you are trying to direct them, make it interesting and get the right info out and Jack is the master at that in my view. Sure he could have had flashing lights dancing girls and hot pants which is great for a two minute facebook ad but not really telling you much about the game.

When it was even remotely rumoured that this game was mando I put my distributor on for an LE and after last night I'm super glad I did. Time will tell after playing it for a while but based on what I've seen I really like it and I'm really excited about it. Just concerned that we might have a bit of a wait to get it with the component shortages that seem to be affecting industry at the moment.

I have spoken.

Neil.

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, this is not good for your heart Neil...

its good for other areas of the body

#4269 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

honestly mate? I think you've lost it.

#4270 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Lol, ultimate Stern apologists for pure laziness with Dwight’s shallow coding. Munsters code is complete and utter laziness. Munster madness 1, 2, 3 is tragically a rinse and repeat 3 times. How can you not understand this? Why should anyone have to move on from a theme they love???

WHAT THE F? Sorry dood but you are talking total BS. Stern said they wanted a simpler game and Munsters was it. Dwight followed the brief. If you think he is lazy you absolutely have no freaking clue what you are talking about. George/Gary could have had Dwight do more but they were happy. Not a Dwight issue but a Stern issue, but even if you change the code Munsters is hamstrung by those stupid stand ups and other design choices. I played munster and canceled my LE order after playing it.

#4271 2 years ago

Also don't forget that alot of Lyman games are so good because Lyman choses to put his own time into them. thats why we have had AC/DC, TWD and MET updates well after the games stopped selling.

#4387 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

But Dwight has a chance to fix the Munsters mistake. Everyone doesn’t get a second chance. Hard for people who have a Munsters still to look forward when Dwight could fix it.

how can he fix it? Stern wants him to work on other stuff...

You are complaining at Dwight when its Stern you should complain at. Although I doubt you'll get jack shit.

#4388 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

See you and I are in the other camp, I'm a not a tournament guy, I don't care about the scoring aspect, or different paths to increase it etc. I want something that draws me in when I play that machine....yes, a good mech or toy is a basic requirement. The other is you need to make the rules to match the theme...you can't just invent stuff that doesn't fit with the story. All of these SW movies have a story built in....just need a little finesse to port it into a pin. Look at TWD, The Horde mode is a perfect example. there is a whole feel about it....the lights, the sound, even the challenge itself changes with flashing arrow urgency. That mode personifies good theme integration in the rule set. I don't want to shoot static Tie Fighters on the screen with the action button.

tournament guys (and gals for that matter) also want something that draws them in. why do you think we celebrate when hobbit is not in a tourney?

#4389 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I tried to watch Cary's review but I was too distracted by how he had a beard on the left side of his face and light stubble on the right. Did he lose a bet?

LOL - someone give that man resolution STAT!

#4451 2 years ago

Getting ready!

I'd like to ask you all to sit back and enjoy a Mirdoroo Grogu (Midori and Lemonade!)- this game is going to be great. I have a good feeling about it; and so does my drink.

191500231_3980287318752669_2771199930185596398_n (resized).jpg191500231_3980287318752669_2771199930185596398_n (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4747 2 years ago

man the pro stream was awesome!!!! The polish now on the game is so fantastic - I'm super excited!

#4811 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think both the Pro and Premium/LE will be great and will satisfy many. I think what it comes down to is...will the upgrades be worth it and will they enhance the game play?
To me it comes down to how big of a Star Wars fan are you? I have gotten to kinda know who the true Star Wars fans are around here, and feel many will go with the enhanced playing option because for many-this game will become a long term keeper.
For me Star Wars is huge in my home and I am a fanboy-it is going to be difficult not to go Premium/LE on this one if I like the way it plays.

LE sold out about a month ago dood!

#4924 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There is more to the story then just 'pros'.
For new releases, Stern usually builds a small run of pros first for operators and special uses like launch parties. Don't confuse those pros with the larger run of pros done for most orders. Stern told those early run folks to expect the games to be built end of May and would have them likely this past week. That didn't happen. So it's just chatter about when those first run games will be landing.. Stern is a little behind here for reasons unknown.

hearing Stern has a supply problem with LCD screens.

2 weeks later
#5782 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Oh then you haven't played GNR JJP yet.
Truly Amazing pinball a must have even if one doesn't like the band.
Glad to hear Mandalorian is fun.

it's a boring woodchopping unfathomable snoozefest. Sold mine haven't missed it at all.

#5828 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Received my apron cards today in the mail. (Couldn’t decide which ones I wanted so I got both)
They look great and will look even better on my premium.
Thanks at Mr_Tantrum!
I’ll post some pics of them on the pin when I get it! Hopefully soon!
[quoted image]

are these available to download?

#5850 2 years ago

where are the LE unboxing?!?!?!

#5861 2 years ago

yeah that was last week!

Neil.

#5949 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I'm in the UK. I asked my distro and they told me to order direct from Stern.
NeilMcRae will you be ordering any Mando bits from Stern, would you like to do something together?

I've ordered the plunger from coin taker, as I'm getting LE I don't need the other parts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
9,900 (Firm)
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=NeilMcRae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.