(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I know in the US folks are usually paying somewhat under MSRP.
Does everywhere else in the world basically pay MSRP?

Pricing is controlled by Stern (like Apple). Distributers aren't allowed to sell below MSRP. We all know it happens but it's all hush-hush and isn't really that significant of a rebate. You won't see such prices advertised. Machines that sit for a while are a different thing. Distros can rebate (with Stern's approval of course) games that aren't selling.

In Canada you can get a league rebate. It's a few hundred off. Certainly not significant when we are talking about a 12-14k machine after taxes.

The only way to get a significant rebate is to be an IFPA top ranked player and then you can buy a game direct from Stern. Or be part of the segment of population who doesn't have to pay taxes.

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It was a lot easier ~15-25 years ago when almost none of that existed and you could still experience most of the same world class rides with none of these modern day headaches.

25 years ago you didn't have today's insane crowds and 3-4 hour wait times in line for 1 ride. They had to do something. I like the format.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

We gonna see more today or just the tease?

If it's anything like the LZ teaser it'll be a few days/week before we get more.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Serious answer, call the loyal customer, ask them if they want to put $10K down now and if they don't, sell to the persons standing their with $10K. A bird in the hand and all.
The answer is really more nuanced than that, I know if I am only get 5 LE's and I've got 50 loyal customers, I don't need to pick up the phone and call, I'll hold them for my loyal customers, but if I'm sitting there stuck with Zeppelin and TMNT LE's because I was "holding them for my loyal customers" I haven't done it right either.

Best answer yet.

#695 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are there Stern LE’s from the past few years that have held their value? I haven’t looked in a while but it used to be you could generally pick them up at or below retail six months or a year after they were released.

JPLE and DPLE are 2 that come to mind. Hell even SThLE now is in demand.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

....sigh.
I said I had a 10k cash DEPOSIT on me. Im aware of P1 and Stern pricing thanks

Well then you should know that P1 cannot accept a deposit on a game that isn't released yet. Yes they can put you on a waiting list. They can't collect a dime.

You may want to try again once it's announced for real.

#744 2 years ago

I like how some trolls keep saying "you have to try before you buy". Well here's a little bit of info for you Sherlock... Distributers do not put LE's in showrooms because collectors don't want to buy "used" LEs. Given that the pattern of release is Pro/LE/Prem buyers also cannot play a premium to see how the LE would play.

If you want an LE there are 2 choices. Buy sight unseen at MSRP or pay scalper prices buying from re-sellers. Don't like the idea? Don't buy it and wait for a Premium.

It's not a life necessity. It's a luxury toy. Big deal.

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m lucky. I was late to the Mando party, someone spoiled the end of season 2, and I forgot about it by the time I watched it. Haha

LOL. My gf watched season 2 pretty much without me. Except I ended up catching the last 20 mins of the last episode when she watched it LOL. SPOILED

#793 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Would be nice if a designer was allowed to leave pops off of the game. Would free up 3 coils for other mechs, but so far Gary requires 3 pops on every game. Also requires an Italian bottom ever since WOF.

STh has 2 pops.

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

No, you pay like $35 and click on the link to join right on Sterns web page.

Nice guess though. Lol.

No. That's Stern Insiders. Stern Army is different

Nice guess though. Lol

#901 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People buy LEs because they think they are the 'top end' and the FOMO effect. .

Not everybody. I prefer LEs because of the add-ons (upgraded speakers, shaker, side armor, pin blades, powder coat), the real backglass, and the HD Glass. I don't give a rat's ass about exclusivity or getting a numbered plaque. I buy my games for my wife and I to play, not to keep in box or re-sell at a profit. I get the newbs that see this as an investment. I do not. I see it as entertainment.

In Canada if I were to buy a prem and the add-ons separately, then sending the metal for powdercoat, and getting a custom mirrored BG made, it would cost more than an LE. I know. I just got a SW Prem and added mirror blades, side armor, speaker upgrade, shaker, and HD glass. That's already added about 1400$ CAD and I haven't even considered a BG or powdercoat.

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Hence the comment 'top end' - you think it's the loaded features model.. where the vast majority of those things are simple bolt-ons. Like I said in previous post... stern's biggest differentiator of late has been Art.
If those features were on a lesser model - would you still buy the LE?

Bolt-ons that cost more than getting them already installed on the LE. Most of the time I don't care about the art difference. If they could make a super premium with the add-ons of the LE I would buy that instead.

I wish they just had 3 levels of bling like cars and drop the numbering/limiting of "Limited Edition". Cars also have LEs although they aren't really limited much and certainly aren't numbered with a certificate from the CEO. They still sell.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

are you paying people to do it for your or something?
"value" has never been a LE justifier. The price spread between premium and LE was $1400 on the last releases. $1400 for shaker, art blades, powder, glass, and translite is cheaper for you?
Shop better.

Yeah well you're missing the point because where YOU are it's cheaper to buy parts. Good for you man!

You forgot BACKGLASS. Translites suck and we are comparing apples to apples. What does it cost to have the LE features on a prem. You also forgot side armor and you forgot powdercoat. These are features I enjoy. Powdercoating in my neck of the woods is super expensive.

So buying an LE is cheaper for me. I just paid 835$ (Cdn and with tax) for 2 sheets of HD glass. That's what it costs here. There aren't a bunch of distros. Only one out this way and everything they sell is MSRP converted to Cdn. No deals and closed borders.

Open your mind to the fact not everyone has the same access to things/parts/services(powdercoating).

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It was my first time calling a distributor, a few days before the announcement. I asked for either the LE or Premium. I got a reply that my name was added to some list. I may just be on the very, very bottom of it (if at all) but I have no expectations whatsoever. This is a brand new pinball for a theme we all love at home! Fun stuff!
Wondering if both LE and Premium could actually become sold out, that is even before more information becomes available? Say, if a trailer hits next week, could all games be spoken for by the week after?
Then my name on that very bottom of the list could become useful when some people would change their mind..!

It's a cornerstone game meaning it will be in production for quite a long time. think JP. There isn't such a thing as selling out of the Prem as long as it's in production.

#961 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The 750 isn't even the best part...You guys haven't even seen it flip yet! Lol

If 750 is what it takes to clear out the scalpers and other greedy idiots then so be it!! I'd still be in.

#1340 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Seriously though My expectations should be tempered for the following reasons...
1) this is a brand new show meaning that it’s possible that the timeline for this game is rushed to coincide with the end of season 2

Season 2 was over and done with 6 months ago.

#1341 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

lol, didn't help one bit managing my expectations!
Let's all meet again right here tomorrow, when we get to read about people that are totally happy about what they see, and others that complain about the tint of the green not being green enough! (forgot to add, there will be some complaining that it should have been Jaws all along!)

Not enough flippers, not enough mechs, not enough ramps, too many ramps.

And then the inevitable questions like does the pf have chipping and dimpling? Are the guides rubbing on the clearcoat?

#1376 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

I captured it before it went down, can I re post it?

Hell yes

#1417 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Can’t wait to see the pro !!!

Wouldnt it be funny if they went with prem/le/sle like ehoh and bm66. Folks here will lose their shit. Bitching. Moaning. Complaining. Saying they’ll never buy a stern again blah blah blah.

#1957 2 years ago

Quoted from PaulCoff:

LE art package pics? Please show me.

How about you just check Stern's website. It's all there.

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Take heart, given the significant growth in the area the odds are good that he is a transplant from somewhere else!

Bah. It's a newbie douchebag (joined 6 weeks ago) who probably heard about this pinball craze and he thought he could cash in. I'm sure the distro has a waiting list in case of cancellations and even if someone was dumb enough to pay the seller the distro would probably NOT sell to that buyer. Pretty sure any self-respecting distro won't encourage line jumping and douchebaggery like this anyway. Distro just has to say "you just lost your non-refundable deposit". Then they can sell for MSRP AND keep that deposit and this way THEY make the profit and not this db.

#2703 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The way it’s hung it looks like it should do more but I don’t see any wires, might just swing like a pendulum.

Kind of like a non-spinning spinner lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=MrMikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.