(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#428 2 years ago

So this music would fit well in a mode !

#454 2 years ago

Topper has to be an animatronic grogu no ?

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

That’s a great idea for an alternate translite - huge pic of Gina with a little Mando and baby yoda in the background.
Take that Disney!

Hahaha I like it ! If anyone was offended would be me .. and I am not

#487 2 years ago

I am gonna say maybe she is in the clips but not on the art work .. we shall see.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The artists names are attached to those pics so no

Those are a similar look to randy Martinez mando art however .

#521 2 years ago

Is this the style of art everyone is hoping for ? Not sure we get that with Randy Martinez .. seems like you want Doug Chiang

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-mandalorian-concept-art/

#607 2 years ago

You guys like my new name?

Formerly Mandelbloom my last name but this just makes sense

#635 2 years ago

Hahahha love that one !!!

And if you want to change it you just have to ask Robin ... there was a link . That said I am sure if he is inundated with requests that may end .

My last name is very unique so I always just use it , but then anyone who searches my name sees all my hobbies and such . I once had someone start asking me pinball questions in job interview lol

So decided this name fit . I shall use this handle going forward !

#636 2 years ago

In regards to getting an LE I think if you have done business with someone in the past and bought several LEs then yeah they will give you a shot to continue that . Let’s see what happens last few games you could get an LE in the first few hours at least .

Do you need the LE no , will the LE hold its value ? Maybe .

I am a player and collector so I am ok with the slight premium for the LE but wouldn’t buy it from a scalper .

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Which Mando are you referring to? Mandalore Mando off the TV or Mandlebaum from a few pages ago?

Mandelbaum for sure right !?

38866BE8-1762-4CC5-AB0C-B50A029DF116 (resized).jpeg38866BE8-1762-4CC5-AB0C-B50A029DF116 (resized).jpeg
#719 2 years ago

Let’s get off the LE debate and back to speculation on the game !!

While I enjoy character selection as was suggested .. feel you clearly have to play the role of Din in this game no ?

#723 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I've heard some very positive things from a non pinball family member on the art.
That was unusual, and a nice surprise.

Art ....

Have we seen the art ?

#785 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet. Stern army members get to sit in on the distro webinar on Tuesday for the reveal.
It’s Tuesday 5:00pm eastern. Can’t wait!

I have always wondered how do you get in the “stern army” is this people who host tournaments etc ?

#857 2 years ago

I had heard 600 LE if you believe Kanda? 500 seems the sweet spot on LEs they have tried many times to go above that and it ends up hurting the LE demand ... but we shall see ! Last 3 that are more than 600

Star Wars , took a long time to sell out
Black Knight , same
Munsters , Same
Did I miss one ?

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Different times. I’m all for lower LE numbers, but i think Stern would be stupid to make any less than 600 at this point. If Stern are consulting with distributors, and distributors are telling them they have 1000 people ready to buy LE’s........?

People will bail on the Les If there is 1000 of them, a lot of the LE buyers are speculators. Like I said and I know demand is up, but every time they up the numbers they sit, there is a sweet spot where it seems limited enough that people snatch them up. You get rid of the FOMO people will wait to see the game.

#916 2 years ago

I also think the hype train has started just because of the leaks, is this really better than back to the future as a theme ?

Anyhow 750 LEs I’m willing to bet some free up in the next week .

#923 2 years ago

I hope I am wrong, but...
last 3 games to have over 500 LE took a while to sell out at the distro leve - Star Wars, Munsters, Black Knightt
Last 2 modern themes also did not sell well - Guardians and Stranger Things.

Yes things are crazy right now, yes Mando is popular but it fits both these bills.

750 is lot, loses the FOMO. I am in and hope I am wrong, ill check back with you all on this in a month

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Buy it because you want it .... Jesus

I am said I am in ! But I am not opposed to it being more limited and worth more !

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

The distro we got in with said machine is $10,199 base. Scalped right off the bat for a drop ship from the factory?

Sounds like it, unless there is a MAJOR price increase!

Maybe it comes with a topper now

#1153 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

JJ doesn't pull that shit. Great distributor.

Agreed in with him !

#1277 2 years ago

JJ is MSRP ... not sure if they will charge MAP as usual on this one . I do know he is hoping there are not a bunch of flippers .. if you don’t want the game for you leave it for someone else and don’t make this man have to update who it’s going to several times when he did the right thing !!

Also distros get scoop Tomm morning .

#1313 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

It would be freaking awesome if the topper was like Black Knight: Sword of Rage and was basically this. BUY BUY BUY!

Topper 100% must be animatronic Grogu !

#1494 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You should know. Or change your pinside name and avatar right now.

Just a fan .... and it’s basically the first half of my last name

#1507 2 years ago

Let’s be real it’s not even to scale .... I would not doubt if this is based somehow on the real game but thats not it 100%

#1675 2 years ago

If grogu is just a doll they got at Walmart and shoved in there it would a the biggest stern fail of all time. Pretty sure this is a poor photoshop job of the actual game we we shall see.

#1678 2 years ago

The more I think about it he kinda has to be that big if he is gonna pick up the pinball it be to the correct scale?

#1685 2 years ago

Well Grogu does nothing, thats pretty lame !

#1698 2 years ago

Hard to tell from that video, seems fairly loaded but feel grogu Is for sure a miss as he is the most iconic thing in the show and just sits there.

#1962 2 years ago

Man should have been checking my email ho fast did they go on insider ? I am In but could have hooked up a friend .

#2078 2 years ago

Thoughts on art

Personally I like the LE cabinet best
Backglass I am hoping pictures don’t so justice and it’s got a TON of mirroring Z

Lastly armor is great !

#2290 2 years ago

Threw caution to the wind and made a impression video . Don’t roast me too hard

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

you look just like a Friend i know that used to live in South Fla Mando!!
he even pointed out a Flaw in my NIB sw pro that i missed when i got it.

Hahaha sorry man but just know if you buy a game from me I have always not picked it . I mention the shadow I sold you in my video

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

why not just write your impressions given the format of this forum?

Ha ! I have been but I talked for like 20 mins . Just trying it out having a little fun .. and trust me in regards to being “addicted to the camera” I would have been happy to not even show myself ... but seemed a bit impersonal .

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I put up with the first four minutes of your video and I do not share your views

It has 2 views so far so I appreciate it , other one is me lol

#2317 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not really. They designed the mini pf to be at a steep angle and don't think that would work below pf. Premium tilts so maybe it will be moving while playing? I'm generally not a fan of mini pf's but this one is unique. If short and good rewards could be fun. Cool the pro still has some mini pf instead of dead space like other games.

It does move while playing per the podcast .. I mean did they knock the mech out of the park no but sounds cool to me .

#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Nice job Mando! Especially with the dearth of information you had to work with (minimal game play video and no opportunity to actually play the game first hand) and considering it’s your first vid. Thanks for posting!

Appreciate the kind words , just a way to express my overall excitement but also realistic views

#2347 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

On the Pro, in front of Grogu, is there a small round magnet? or non at all?
If small, does it pulse for a throw?

No magnet .. assume a post makes the ball go into the lanes , pops .

This brings an another question given where the pops and lanes are . How does the plunge and skill shot work ?

#2348 2 years ago

See people trying to flip their spots already .. unfortunate but can’t blame then I guess . We will see with 750 not sure how high they will go !

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Ahhh I think you missed my point. That space in that corner is valuable real estate which could have been used for more shots, not a giant stuffed animal.

Well the ball goes under him so it doesn't necessarily take away space for game play. I think 99% us can agree it should have done something however.

#2409 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I would agree - though it seems pretty efficient use of the space to me. There is an orbit, a controlled post, a magnet/themed lanes, and a ramp with another controlled gate (I believe) all snaking under/around that Grogu figure. I'm not seeing an issue other than I don't want to stare at the green baby the whole time, but whatever...
I'm not so sure it'll be easy to replace that Grogu sculpt either, I think it's largely hollow and looks pretty tightly integrated and cutout for the surrounding components and ramp, etc.

Yea don't think the hasbro will cut it ! May something like they did with walking stay puff. But you cant really make a new grogu Disney will be all over you @$$! I think its actually a nice looking sculpt, and I like Grogu...but its gonna just make me mad that he doest nothing when he totally should! LOL Oh well, game looks to shoot fun and have some nice intense gameplay. At least from what I can tell from some pictures and video clips LOL.

To answer the others guys question stream is next Friday.

#2517 2 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Here's something that I can't stop thinking about.
In the mandalorian series, what is Grogu's favorite toy, which he plays with all the time?
The knob from one of the ship's control levers... A LITTLE F'ing SILVER BALL! And he even uses the Force to get it sometimes.
This couldn't be written better to be integrated into a pinball machine. And yet, they went with a static Grogu doll which does nothing.

They are leveraging the video assets for this, but yes huge miss here as stated many times

#2525 2 years ago

In regards to the helmet , someone pointed out to me that the helmet is central to the theme of the show. How he never takes it off(until he does) etc... so I guess from that angle it makes sense for it to be a prominent feature. The lights are just there so you know if you hit the target, I mean if they could have made them drops would have be sick...but I see how that would be an engineering challenge to fit into that space as well as the budget

In the podcast everyone seems to really be proud of that moving playfield and that it was a lot of fun to shoot, so we shall see!

#2553 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can anyone confirm yet if mini pf gradually tilts steeper as you as you keep the ball alive or random?

It moves during play for sure they say as much, not sure exactly what decides when its steeper , likely as you progress to harder battles and such?

#2556 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Is the power activated up/down scoop on the premium/LE controlled by the action button like Shadow ramp diverters but vertical? Sure looks like it. Video starts at the diverter being used.

Dont believe so they talk about the button in the podcast and don't mention it. More mode specific . TBH I am ok with this, I am a big fan of diverters they really can make a game have so much variety.

I owned a roadshow for a while and it did an amazing job with them!

#2561 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do you think people will really pay 16k for the LE? Man that would be crazy but at the same time, this is pinball 2021!

Bet these sell HUO for less than MSRP within 3 months .

Also anyone know what it costs to request a LE # ? Pinged my distro but I guess he is slammed , before I keep bug him let me see if it’s worth it .

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Heh, I think it's telling how Stern picked C-H-I-L-D as the letters to light instead of G-R-O-G-U

Well ... they were making the game while season 2 was still airing . Guessing that part was done beige he name was revealed .

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

50-100 depending on the number.

chuckwurt

thanks! Sadly another price increase, $150! I dunno if I can pull the trigger on that one

#2642 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Ok I screen grabbed this from the pro trailer. That is def not there on the pro version.
I also checked the Premium/LE video and I didn't see that as well. So maybe that was an early prototype they photo'd? Could have been a late feature pull then.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I was doing the same thing, thats my guess is they pulled it. Oh well. Modders do the impossible!

#2763 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I found the hasbro teardown video for those who are curious to see how the animatronic toy ticks. If you skip to timecode 11:00 you can see the head sensor. If you tap his head 3 times it activates the force pose.

Anyone know if it's possible to somehow trigger the force pose on the hasbro toy with the child magnet on the pin?

You are gonna have to mutuliate those to make it fit .. the game yoda is hollow stuff goes behind and under him .

#2775 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Eddy at Stern
You hoped to get a destructible castle with draw bridge, instead you first got a 20 Dollar projector and then a 20 Dollar doll

That’s it DerGoetz not inviting you to play mine

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hope it has rule changes like TMNT. That was a great idea. Maybe since everyone is Mando, stuff purchased from the foundry is shared amongst all players?

He covered this in one of the podcasts and it is shared ...

#3319 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I listened to Dwight on the podcast, this game is going to be coded a lot like GOT....so it depends on how your take was on that game.

Don’t really see that , for example how the houses worked .

#3566 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’d explain why that’s impossible, but I don’t want to spoil ROTJ for you ...

hahaha

1 week later
#4646 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Imo ......it looks more meh.....like how much control do you really have uo there

Seems that it’s not used that often and should remain fun IMO .. but who knows .

#4741 2 years ago

I’m ok with this is the way being somewhat obtainable . Not sure it’s as easy as we think , Jack is a very good player and had the tilt pretty loose!

#4743 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He had it disabled lol. Agreed he’s Not your average player so I have no concerns with easy.

He did show the tilt off a few times

1 week later
#5018 2 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Thanks for sharing the link, hope i didnt screw up to much, ive never done a live video and thought that this would be neat to try.
So here is my thoughts after getting to play it. Please keep in mind that i am not a good player, or that i play often. I look at my machines morethan i play them, seriously, but to me they are art and i enjoy that aspect very much.
So theme. I am odd, i do not like syfy (star wars or star trek) at all, so i was not excited for it personally and had no intentions of adding one to my collection for that reason alone, But i think that changed today.
Randy Martinez knocked it out of the park with art. Once i set the game up, i instantly thought, im going to keep one of these. Its that nice in my opinion. I know others will be different, but that alone had me. Play. Now remember, im not a player per se, but i had a blast playing. The upper playfield is hard to hit the targets to, so it was really fun trying. Multiballs came a little easy. So for a player of my caliber, thats great, as i usually am not good enough to finish modes or such to get multiball in other games.
I know its somewhat a shitty review, but its been a long day and i only got about 15 games in before i just was to tired from working all day. Ill get a few more in tommorow, then ill be sending this game down to cp pinball in st louis tommorow afternoon.
All in all, great game, great art, and i will be happy to have one in the collection.
[quoted image]

Nice .. is this the same tilt that used to be owned by Trent ? Did he sell it ?

3 weeks later
#5956 2 years ago

Are there any features/modes that feature episode 6 from season 1 “the prisoner” that was a great one .

#6001 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Anyone with an LE not ship yet? If the rumors of premiums going on the line last week I wonder if those will start shipping this week or next…

My LE has not shipped yet at least to me I may have to my distro .

#6092 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

all you guys getting your LEs in...mine is sitting at my distros warehouse and I'm not getting any update on shipping. Blah.

Mine is stuck on the way to my distro , freight issues … like everything these days .

1 week later
#6529 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This should be the final version for the Helmets mod....the original version was fully printed in resin. This meant the stakes weren't as tough as they needed to be. The new version is printed in 2 pieces and the stakes themselves are steel, which will definitely an improvement. The current version is in the league machine and Mando is in the bank this week so it will get a ton of plays on it. I would imagine by the weekend I will know of I feel confident enough to start producing them.
Thanks again
Tom D
DIDDY'S Mods
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice !

#6682 2 years ago

I’m thinking like a light blue or super cool white but not a darker blue .

#6685 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I really don’t know if there is much of a strategy. It just feels like a flailing shit fest to me. Sure, when you get to the bonus level, you can wait until it’s flat to flip. Other than that, I just….don’t get it. To be honest it’s a bit of a let down. Looks cool though. That’s about it.
I know some people are saying they like it, but do they really? Or are they just saying that because they want to like it and already spent the money?

I honestly enjoy it . I try and trap the balls , which becomes a lot harder when it’s steep . I did turn down their power just a hair and seems to make a difference .

#6689 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

How about compared to “the power” on twilight? Less or more random?

Less IMO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=Mando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.