(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LordHumungus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

Sounds great to me but I would much prefer a OG take. StarWars bounty hunter? Yep but comic style art, animated graphics with each mode being a new Alien that needs to be found and captured to collect the bounty etc. Based on the show? still interested just prefer it OG. Either way better than a new starwars game based on the terrible trilogy woke douchebags just gave us. Best case. A dedicated Darth Vader pin.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Original take could be cool or be like Avengers with odd static animations flying out and terrible callous. Maybe Mando will say "It's time to go binary"!

It could never be as bad an Avengers cause it wouldn't be avengers. Stern and Superhero call outs, well most all call outs stink. Get a good voice for narration during the game and thats it. I don't need to hear anything else. SFX, good fitting music and maybe the 2 voice actors that did Maiden, pitching their voice up or down for the Alien fugitives.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Wow so looks like this IS NOT the theme people want going by the poll - very interesting.

What do u mean, the most votes are for "I'm in" Ur not gonna get hundreds of pollers on this but if they released a Mandalorian pin and its looks good it will sell.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

it’s a theme that is exciting to all of the members of my family.

It should be exciting for everyone, even if ur a SW's fan. A Bounty Hunter in space. If they have the same access to material as SW then it should be great.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I just see from the poll that lots of people are in the don't care and out so not as much enthusiasm as one would expect or Kaneda is hyping

Well ur first mistake is listening to Kaneda. I voted in, but I don't care really. If they make it and it looks good I might grab a pro. If they don't, who gives a shit.

So the "don't care" doesn't mean it won't be popular.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pros don’t have neat mechs. You’ll want a Prem.

Boy do I hope none of the models have "neat mechs"

I'll be very happy with anything the same or close to the greatness of SW Pro. Every Stern I've had where I bought a Pre/LE then sold it, after a few years rebought the Pro? took almost zero time to get over the lack of Pre/LE extras. But I wouldn't complain if the add on's were so amazing I have to upgrade. win/win situation.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m lost. You’re hoping there aren’t near mechs? What?

So am I , what the hell is a near mech? It was about the word "neat", forget it.

I can take or leave mechs, I would rather have more spinners or drop targets, even a bash toy over some kind of useless mech that doesn't impact gameplay, but rather stops the action. Just my personal preference. A good mech to me would be the Black Knight in BKSOR, Rudy, the ship in POTC (stern).

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hopefully Stern does this one right. After getting a GNR CE recently, it’s going to be hard to impress me to be honest. The bar has been raised pretty high by the crew at JJP.

As apposed to all the ones they did wrong? You weren't impressed with JP, DP, TMNT, SW etc. This GnR lust is crap. The fact that the theme is a SW based Bounty Hunter already kills GnR. Ok some fancy lighting, a guitar neck, 2 drumsticks and a spinning hat not too mention the gameplay isn't all that great. If u like it good but this whole "the bar has been set high" is just plain ridiculous.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

If they give this one the treatment they gave LZ we will all be so disappointed.

Not all, I'd be fine with a simple layout, highspeed game. If the code is there, no problem. Lots of people love the LZ pins. Is this gonna be another SW thing where if its not loaded with crap it stinks? After owning many many games and playing just about everything SW is right up there with the best.

Quoted from Chisox:

Fair enough. Not trying to stir shit up, just curious.

U should stir up shit when Rarehero makes foolish comments, there's no shortage that's for sure. "everything" what a joke.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Three pops in the upper right corner.

Giant Bounty Hunter Head with mouth that opens.

Baby Yoda on a spring.

That's sounds fantastic.

#64 3 years ago

He's means The Mandalorian isn't a movie and The Avengers pin isn't based on the movie.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

This yearling is cracking me up folks!

Is that a reference to me being a member of Pinside for a year? Fooilish mistake kind sir. Use to be Hazoff and this is year 8 for me. Not that it should matter anyway. Also its shows 1yr for u so is a yearling really calling another yearling a yearling. Never even heard that term before. Sounds like something from a 60's western. "Dat boy der be a yearling"

Quoted from NightTrain:

Nothing has come close to GnR.

Glad u love the game, so many pins come close and most far surpass it for me. Maybe u have to be huge GnR fan but the theme and live concert thing just wasn't for me. I'll take Maiden, Met and Ac/Dc long before GnR, even Aerosmith.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

No it was all that bravado and then the spinning hat comment, it’s clear you are unfamiliar with the game. Following the description of a EM game being better. You’re a veteran of pinside, I stand corrected.

That whole thing about having to be "familiar" with the game is horseshit. I know very early into it whether a pin is for me or not, then when it becomes evident that there's even more greatness than I anticipated its fantastic. I've never bought anything and said "nah not my style" then all of sudden after playing it some more thought I was wrong. Bravado? we both know u meant my 1 yr status. GnR has even been out for a year. Em Game? know idea what ur talking about. Yearling

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Can they get Bill Burr to do the call outs?

I really hope not.

#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, I hate the stern Star Wars. Way way too hard but I was thinking to try an art addition but I know I’ll hate it

At least ur honest. I think many dislike it for this reason but use the "lack of toys" crap so they don't have to admit they aren't very good at pinball. Its a fast game and trying to move the multiplier around concentrate on a multiball with a mode going is truly exhilarating. Lots of old timers on this sight, it could kill them.

Quoted from Happy81724:

I bought LZ LE and it shot well but for an le price not worth it. Hardly anything that grabbed our interest and once we got gnr SE which was $7155 with tax it really showed how little they put in the LZ

With the exception of STLE none of the LE's I bought were worth it. I don't find LZ to be as bad as its made out to be, I like that style, simple and fast but I can see the disappointment.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

But its terrible for pinball. Any casual walking up to the game see's no pinball magic, plunges straight into the target bank to an outlane 2 out of 3 balls. It's demoralizing and makes people uninterested in pinball.

Fuck them.

Yeah I can see that but I don't care. I guess if ur an OP? like u said that's what makes it fun. I don't find it hard to have a good lengthy game but like JP and Maiden, LOTR they require some serious skill to complete, another reason to love it for me. That should be all the more reason its great in a small collection.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Once again, it’s a game, not a full series box set. There’s more than enough content, action, quests, characters and story in the existing seasons to create a pinball ruleset & modes for a game that will last 5-10 minutes.

Even though theres a healthy mutual hate between us ur quite right sir. The series being complete or not really doesn't matter. I would love a dedicated Terminator 84' machine or a Raider of the Lost ark pin. Wrath of Khan. They could easily make an entire pin off the first season. I'm still hoping for more of the JP approach, very little to nothing to do with the series. Let the designers make up there own story for this Galaxy Deep Space Bounty Hunter. I even prefer this for the title. It doesn't even have to be SW's.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

SW didn't just have bad code, it was missing the SW connection, they tried making up for it by gluing toys on it.. it was basically High Speed 3 with SW IP slapped on it.

Bad code, R u out of ur tree sir? I can see being turned off by the lack of "world under the glass" fuckfacitis that is rampant on this site but the code is among the best in pinball. What is the SW connection. I must know.

#115 2 years ago

Deleted. I don't care.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

9,900 (Firm)
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LordHumungus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=LordHumungus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.