(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

After finding out it's not Back To The Future.... [quoted image]

Pumped for this game... honestly I have no interest in bttf. 1st movie is fine I suppose. I get its now a cult classic and its aged fine. The 2nd movie has aged like shit and both sequels arnt great movies. They are ok movies at best for me. I dont even really like the pinball fx version. Happy to save money on that one and get my LE Mando.

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Luke better be in the final wizard mode.

Agree. 1st time we seen Luke since 1983. That old degenerate hobo we got in the sequels doesnt count.

#1366 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

he is good ar photo shop. may even work for stern as bland as it is

Looks real enough. Like the right side of the game. Not sure what to think of that baby yoda figure yet

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Spent a little while digesting the photo... as a fan of the show, I'm pretty happy with the LE backglass art. Nice to see Ahsoka, Boba, the Darksaber, and obviously Din & Grogu. The Armorer, Bo Katan and the Trooper helms on pikes are awesome. Big fan of comic book art, looks simple and clean. This is the Way. (I'm always a little worried about wacky/off art/color packages for LE's like Slimer green GBLE or Solid Gold GOTLE... yuck, no offense to proud owners).
If I'm being honest I've seen sooooo much Grogu (he's literally everywhere... the marketing department at Disney overdid it... he's like a song that's played too much), so the massive toy is the corner is both expected and exhausting. I get it, it makes sense.
I hope the plastic ship finish is more muted/dirty "metal" and not "chrome". I doubly hope it activates and does not bounce on a spring (Baby DP, Tie Fighter...). If it loads a ball and rotates/shoots (aka POTC) holy crap I will be amazed but I'm not holding my breath.
Video/music assets are super important for me personally, and I understand we might get some "voice acting" (as in "Aboboli-bobli-bo" from GOTG)... it happens. So the possibility of custom Carl Weathers callouts are a big bonus, like Chief Hopper on STh or Winston on GB. Love it.
Lastly the vert/moving upper PF "Helmet" is going to be interesting. Hard to pass judgement on it this early, but I hope it's exciting and engaging given it's size/scale. Lots of ramps/wireform/subway potential, will be up and ready tomorrow AM for the big day.

Gotle armour was black. Only going on the one blurry photo and my opinion may change but it looks like a bit of a cluttered hot mess. More doesnt always mean more. Pro may be a winner here.

#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

I really wished they wouldn’t have put a big doll in the corner of these games. I understand it is cheaper than a mech of some sort and eats up real estate for Stern, but I’m just not into dolls.
Also, I’m pretty sure we’re getting really bright, colorful, comic art on all three instead of the cool western styled art that is shown in the credits of the show.
I like the artists style, but I really wanted something different than the Star Wars comic edition.

That giant toy really grates me atm... also looks like its just a flasher aimed at it and doesn't really do anything. Tbh it looks like something an 8yr old would chuck in the corner of their dads star wars pin and he has let them do it so as not to hurt their feelings. Too big and too much real estate.

#2802 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a crap about this? The most expensive stern (Elvira) has plastic ramps. Just about every recent pro has had wire forms. From a cost standpoint I find it hard to believe there is actually a real difference. I thought we were passed believing wire forms were somehow more “premium”... but I guess not. I’m sure there will be a mod for this lol

Left ramp on Elvira is metal with a plastic return. Centre ramp into the house is metal? Not sure on that one

#3329 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Exactly. Some people can't stand reading any criticism about a game they plan on owning or already own. Criticism is fair game in general threads.
I've noticed a new type of "comeback" against any game criticism lately and its "This is pinball, it's fun, who cares what the toys and features are" or "Just be happy pinball is still around"...Good grief, sounds like an excuse for there not being a lot in a game or a lack of thought being put into mechs / features. When new pins cost $6k-$9k+ and for a majority represent a decent chunk of yearly income everyone should expect some critical comments regardless of the title.

It does depend on the title, the thread to a point, and also how much flak a game is getting. Take the holier than thou stranger things owners thread as an example. See how far you get being critical in that thread, particularly back when it was a fresh release.

2 weeks later
#4717 2 years ago

Both streams we have now are presented very differently. I don't really see the pro mini pf area as being better at all. The moving mini pf is quite unique and very interesting. Im sure it will be quite fun to play and different. The small area on the normal pf on the pro gives more of a wasted area feeling to me.

1 week later
#5061 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yup, I thought this was a cool add in, Imo the pro playfield / layout is the better one

Just my opinion here but I dont think the mini pf even qualifies as a mini pf on the pro.... I'm struggling to fathom how anyone could see this as a good use of real estate and its implementation being better then the premium. The mini pf on the premium is quite unique and its coded to give a fast frequent and changing experience when up there. The pro imo is prime example of a design afterthought.

1 week later
#5460 2 years ago

I have to say that after seeing the latest premium stream imo the upper playfield is a complete blast with how it can be played. It obviously takes some getting the hang of but it seems once you have it down it really is fun yet still challenging and unique.

#5579 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I think there will be a number of used games on the market before long. While the game is fun, I can see people feeling like they've seen enough of it, or even making it through the game quickly, and deciding they're good. It doesn't have the depth and difficulty to last long in a serious player's collection IMO.
Having said that I'd be happy to own one for a while but I promised my dino-infatuated daughter that JP will be our next purchase.

Theme over everything else is usually what keeps games in collections longer... that personal attachment to said theme regardless if the game is thatxgreat or not. This theme will be all it takes for most who get an le or prem. I think a lot of pros will change hands as typically those buyers arnt into the theme as much.

2 weeks later
#6015 2 years ago

I think the top 100 is accurate enough... most title after some time balance out.

I also think its an excellent port of call for new pin buyers to a point. These days when we're talking big dollars for these games I think a new pin buyer is foolish if they only get what they like and don't have an exit plan if/when they want to move a game on.

I always advise anyone new to the hobby to be wary and careful of their purchases and see what's popular and what isn't... this get what you enjoy advice that I hear people giving is fine if you have endless room and pockets. Pie in the sky thinking there.

#6048 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Any word on if the black speaker surrounds on the LE are metal or acrylic? In either case, do they allow light to shine through them if backlit?
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

I preempted there Doug and bought dark blue from you in my last order. I think the dark blue will fit this game. The metal surrounds in led Zeppelin didn’t seem to make sense. I will be changing the black out regardless.

That LE looks stunning btw. Congrats!!! It looks way better now when in a lineup than in the promo pics. I’m excited for mine.

2 weeks later
#6592 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stern shakers have no romance, straight to the jackhammer.

I usually turn mine off and it will be when my le arrives. Its still there for whoever wants to have it going but I'm not a fan these days. Use to be a must for me to have one. Now having the machine shaking around does nothing to enhance play for me.

4 months later
#7490 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have not messed around with upper post settings. Is it odd that the orbits do not flow like all the other games-yes but at the same time it is different and sometimes the dribble down adds another dimension to gameplay. I asked myself-Do all games need to have wide open orbits? I am going to hold off on the update to make sure no major bugs and then I will download and experiment with different orbit options and will probably not choose to disable. I kinda like it being different

Its good i guess that Dwight listened and added some options but I never really had a problem with how it played.
Nice flowy orbits feel good but the game is set up for it to be advantageous to drop into the lanes and also the pops for points and beskar. I would have preferred dwight to focus on some other enhancements instead of messing with the rules on the orbit post.

There are still some glaring problems:
Coding with the upper pf needs polish as there are still some issues. Also adding a super targets mode for example in the upper playfield would make it more fun.
The child still throws the ball down the guts 8 out of 10 times. Plus the child awards need to be more lucrative.
There needs to be a continuation for the relevance of hitting the centre shot after all the mbs are completed. The shot basically dies after all the green modes are done.

#7494 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not seem to have an issue with SDTM drains from center? I have my game on 5 ball and have progressed significantly. The multi-balls may be too easy and I was debating on switching back to 3 ball. The new code seems like the multi-balls will not be handed out like candy and are spaced out more and I may have to leave it on 5 ball? I want it not to be frustrating but not too easy either.
Have I mentioned-Mando is the shit

Yeah I should have phrased it differently. The ball off grogu doesn't drain dtm, but 8 out of 10 times it throws it down the centre shot or back around the right orbit giving a shitty points award. When the child is lit its not really worth it to go for as both orbits can be dangerous if missed.

1 month later
#7554 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

IMO Mando Premium is the way. Played both Pro on location a lot and home LE tons. Making the Ambush up down scoop is a rare event in our games but it is the most satisfying shot in the game.

I would agree, most satisfying shot in the game but for the super jps not ambush.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

9,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=John1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.