(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Four flipper buttons
Two controlling diverters.......

...on the lockdown bar. Doh!

#1337 2 years ago

Okay, since we all know that the secret to happiness is managed expectations, here's my contribution to this thread...

It’s not "The Mandalorian", it’s "Inspired by The Mandalorian" - different characters, voices (brought back the guy from Walking Dead), plot, locations and oh yeah, no Baby Yoda because his agent was being a dick. And Gomez designed his own version of the Razor Crest ship, and it's on a spring!

#1775 2 years ago

Okay, this looks better than I was fearing/expecting. Fan layout. Art looks good (Prem better than LE, as usual). Pro might be the way to go as well if you don't care about the PF flipping up.

#1843 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It always cracks me up that people always seem to think new games are cobbled together from “leftover parts.” That’s not how it works. They make the parts for the games they build.
When was the last time we had a game this orange?! Looks cool to me. Burns like the tattooine suns.

Well to be fair, historically that has been the case. It would seem that Stern has learned a few valuable lessons in terms of how to make games that appeal to collectors. First by bringing back hand-drawn art (thanks Dirty Donny we miss you), then by investing in more complete/complex software, and lately in more elaborate custom mechs.

Which is awesome.

#2188 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My advice to everyone is take a small break at some point. Stop reading Pinside for a month, stop checking the news sites, stop listening to the podcasts. Just for a little bit, to get a little space in your brain. You can still play pinball lol. And then just evaluate whether it's actually sane to get so frothed up about a new game you haven't even seen that you're putting down thousands of dollars in deposits. Because I think when you get to the point like someone else in this thread mentioned, where you can't sleep the night before a game reveal, that you're maybe in a little deeper than is healthy.

Hesus Aurich ! If I did that I could completely miss out on the pre-order window for some flashy new game! What about my carefully nurtured FOMO?!

The fact that distributors are reporting their "interested" lists for LEs are full for unannounced future games by Elwin is surely a sign of the apocalypse.

The fact is, so long as the prices for new and used pinball machines continue to increase at an accelerating pace like the expansion of the universe (or a soap bubble) people see no downside to buying up these NIB at whatever the cost. They *know* they can flip them later, probably for a profit if surely not close to their original purchase price. And they are not wrong, at least today.

The minute that the supply increases enough to substantially outweigh demand, or demand drops substanitally, the whole thing will implode like the house of drop-targets that it is. Stern realizes this, why do you think they keep increasing their prices on a constant drip? Everytime they do that the used game in my basement increases in value too, eventually well above what I paid for it new. It's a pyramid scheme, with NIB buyers supporting the rest of the hobby by setting ever-higher prices as the new normal.

It's been a hell of ride, not looking forward to the eventual collapse.

#2266 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some rando on the internet got his hands on a Mando LE and is streaming it live as we speak!?!?
Wow! That's gotta be a worthwhile link to click on!

Boy, that left ramp is sure repeatable..

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You should honestly be banned for posting this crap. Nothing more than an attempt to get views on your channel.

I thought it was fun(ny).

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like that they went with warm white LEDs too. Fits the theme better.

Yes, thankfully. That does count as "innovation" for Stern.

#2939 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Something really fishy here guys... Watch this video from 49 seconds and slow down playback to 0.25:

It shows the magnet activation when Grogu uses the force - and his coat definitely moves!! It could have been hit by the ball but I don't think so.
This could be proof that he moves, or that he moved at some point!

If so he must move on all the editions or they'd have a lot of pissed off Pro buyers on their hands.

#2962 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If Grogu is animated this would be incompetent marketing on a legendary level. Stern makes decisions that baffle me but I just can't believe they are capable of that big a blunder. If it moved what possible reason would you have to not show it off.

Some kind of post announcement surprise??

My pet theory is that Baby Yoda did move originally but once Gary Stern saw all the LEs selling out sight unseen, he went down the line ripping out the guts to save $ on the BoM (like it was a SR game).

Or... they will release to cool moving version as a custom mod later, ala UV lights on Stranger Things.

#2964 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just a reminder:
Stuff that moves yet fails to impress pinsiders:
Herman Munster
The shark on Pool Sharks
Mick on a Stick
Tie fighter on a stick
Deadpool bobble head
ramp on Waterworld
BK flail
Be careful what you wish for folks. It may just move!!!!

A much more apt comparison would be the T-Rex on "Inspired by Jurrassic Park", which you conveniently left off your list.
...and nobody thought the flail on BK was unimpressive.

#3100 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Seems like a smaller Grogu in the hover crib might look more to scale, if it fits.
[quoted image]

Seems obvious to me as well. Bash it once the lid opens, bash it again, Byoda gets pissed and uses force powers to fuck with the ball (via magnet in front). Done.

#3112 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

How much is the fancy metal ball shooter knob going to cost?

If you have to ask...

1 week later
#3753 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Clearly, just from reading the hundreds of comments here, you've got your job cut out for you tonight..!
Make sure to address that it's NOT Baby Yoda but Grogu, that Grogu doesn't move, bobble or yoddle, do confirm if the playfield pitches, yaws or rotates.. and check for any eggplants in the art!
Also, most importantly, tell us if the actual pinball is fun and do enjoy the moment! Congrats on getting this chance to play it!

Screw that. Make sure you make that animatronic Baby Yoda (tm) DANCE baby!

...we'll know what Jack really thinks of the game if he switches the stream over to the DP in the Stern game room halfway through.

#3802 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Hoping to see some Ralph McQuarrie style end credit paintings on the Mandalorian pinball machine during high score or attract mode...please,please,please.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

To be honest, if the all the video assets were animations done in this style, that would be the one thing that might push me over to the buy category on this game. Doubtful.

#3808 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I have definitely ordered premium translights. LE specific parts are a no no, for sure. From the pics, the plastic entrance pieces are identical on both models, and the habitrails will fit properly. I'm just saying Stern will take our money for some metal habitrails. They realized a lot folks were willing to pay for the Eddie figures and other premium parts, so if they have stock, they will sell them, is my bet.

I would bet that the cost to produce the plastic ramps, stock and track them, etc. far exceeds any per-unit price difference at these volumes between them and the two-wire wireform version.

Stern is just going through all this trouble to slant more people towards the Premium model, which is annoying. I much prefer the "carrot" approach, where they actually put compelling additional features into the Prem vs the "stick", where they take stuff away as a deterrent to purchasing vs. actual cost savings. See spinners in Metallica Pro.

#3811 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you love still image art consider an AIQ.

...Ugh. AIQ is everything I despise about the Marvel universe.

#4087 2 years ago

You guys watched the stream?? I got "distracted" on the Twitch front page by a lovely young lady in a bikini riding an inflatable banana in a kiddy pool in her living room...

Sorry DeadFlip , you're going to have to up your game! ...might want to make sure the pinball machine is grounded before you try that though.

#4272 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

None of this talk is a knock on Dwight’s stellar abilities to code games. In fact TMNT is a shining example of what Dwight could have, should have done on Munsters.

Guys, Munsters code is the way it is BY DESIGN. In several podcast interviews Dwight noted that Gomez had suggested that he try going simpler with Munsters, I suppose to make it more approachable to casual players. This might have been an over-correction after SW, I don't know, but Munsters is exactly the way they wanted it to be, for better or worse.

The problem is that when a coder known for complex, deep rulesets switches it up suddenly nobody is expected/wanting that from them, and many are left disappointed. Just like when your favorite band decides to alter their musical "formula" and loses 1/2 their fan base.

So if you want Munsters to have deeper code, I suggest you start coding it yourself.

...but by all signs Mando will have an interesting ruleset more typical of Dwight's style.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.