(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flyfalcons.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You sure about that? Stern is ok with distros jacking the prices to the moon as they see fit? Not a great experience on the buying side when you have no idea what something may cost despite Stern putting a price on a game.

This is what the LE collecting game has become. Collectors have clearly established that market value is more than MSRP. Don't like it, there will be Premiums and Pros at MSRP.

#1889 2 years ago

I think it looks great, if I was pin shopping I'd be in for a Pro.

#2562 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Talked to my distro today. They are disappointed and surprised that the demand is quite low so far (only) les are sold out with long waiting list.

I think most of us like to play a game before purchasing, or at least watch a good stream of someone playing it to see if we want one. Not counting operators, who would be crazy not to have one on order for their location.

As for the LE collecting game, well, stuff like this is why I'd be fine with Stern and distros jacking the price to actual market value:

Screenshot_20210512-074228 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210512-074228 (resized).png
#2820 2 years ago

What a sleazy world the LE collecting game is.

#3285 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The funny thing is Iron Man has a lot of features compared to many games today. There are more things in Iron Man than in my TMNT pro.

I’m with you, those side rails look incredible. Anyone know what Stern is going to charge for them?

It's not what Stern will charge, but what the flippers that buy out the supply, sit on them for months, then slowly start reselling them will charge.

PS I think the Premium art package with those rifles is my favorite look for this game. Love the desert color theme over the Beskar.

#3815 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You've seen the gameplay that contradicts what the marketing says?

Marketing says that Encounter modes are on the mini and that's it.

#3875 2 years ago

Stern is going to sell a ton of these. Looks great.

#3890 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I can't stream
Is Pro good enough guys?

Probably but that tilting mini PF is pretty darn cool.

4 weeks later
#5517 2 years ago

Found one in Indy this evening and had an enjoyable time playing it. Didn't get to explore a lot but got to see missions, multiballs, encounters, the foundry, etc. Looking forward to getting more time on one when I can.

#5558 2 years ago

I think there will be a number of used games on the market before long. While the game is fun, I can see people feeling like they've seen enough of it, or even making it through the game quickly, and deciding they're good. It doesn't have the depth and difficulty to last long in a serious player's collection IMO.

Having said that I'd be happy to own one for a while but I promised my dino-infatuated daughter that JP will be our next purchase.

#5568 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

What is a 'serious player'? Like, always has a furrowed brow while playing?

I'm not serious but I spend an unhealthy amount of time furrowing and swearing for playing something that's supposed to be fun. Just thinking of how a game like this plays vs Elwin offerings. It is fun for sure!

2 weeks later
#6098 2 years ago

Had a chance to play this again last night. The visibility of the shots on the right is a problem due to the plastic ramps. The encounter playfield is low and behind so much stuff that my kids would have a difficult time seeing it. I want to like this machine but to me, these issues detract from the enjoyment of the game.

3 weeks later
#6833 2 years ago

Excited to make it to Dallas Cidercade last night because of their Mando LE. Diverter at the top of the central ramp was either missing or not operational, and the encounter playfield appeared to be stuck in the fully raised position. Not impressed with your QC, Stern.

The metal rails were much less obstructing than the plastics on the Pro.

#6836 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Both mini pf and diverter can be disabled in the game settings, maybe the operator disabled them?

I suppose it is possible but not sure what for. A very disappointing experience to hit the center ramp for an encounter mode and having the ball simply orbit back around.

#6856 2 years ago

As luck would have it I ended up at Tilt in Minneapolis last night and was able to play their LE. Diverter was working and it played how it should. The diverter at Cidercade had been removed, likely for having broken. These should not be breaking so quickly.

2 months later
#7375 2 years ago

Played a second location Mando (a Pro) with a broken ramp diverter. Stern needs to step up QC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

9,900 (Firm)
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flyfalcons.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=Flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.