(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please, no more Luke Skywalker. That is so 1977

Luke better be in the final wizard mode.

#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Might be best if I didn't express my opinion about baby Yoda then. Or whatever they named the latest marketing gimmick.

Grogu is awesome...especially when he eats babies!

#2251 2 years ago

Stern Star Wars rules is easy top 3 favorite for me. So good! Love the insert matrix on Mando and Hope Dwight sticks with this style creative rule set on this one.
3 Cheers Dwight!

#3398 2 years ago

I’m calling it now. This game is going to be freaking bad ass!!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just listened to that podcast. Great listen. Excited that the upper playfield is used for other modes other than encounters. Loved the stuff he was talking about especially how they will set it up for multiball on the upper playfield.

Yep. Super excited on this game especially after hearing Dwight. Breadth, speed, and progression is dwights best coding aspects (GOT & SW). If you guys want marathon games, get Lyman and Keefer games. But Dwight knows how to code breadth.

I honestly believe It was the vocal minority that shit on his genius GOT/SW rule set that made munsters and TMNT what they are today - i.e. simple and straightforward. Glad to hear he’s going back to his unorthodox way, which to me are some of the best rules in pinball.

#3426 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I liked GOT, my spouse was not a huge fan of it (she found the rules less approachable). We flipped on TMNT (that we currently own), she really enjoys how straight forward it is but I find the rules to be missing some depth (still a fun game, certainly).
I’m all up for Dwight doing the game more along the lines of GOT/SW, but give me an example about what you mean with “breadth”. I generally follow your advice on games closely, when you like a game that basically always means I will like the game...been that way for years.

Right on tiger.

Basically what chuckwurt said.

To add to that. The most common and popular rulesets are linear but deep. Easy to learn and follow along, not too much thought involved on your journey, but as you get deeper more of the game opens up, i.e. depth.

The vocal minority typically hate games that offer breadth. They don’t want a game where there’s too much strategy involved - it can be overwhelming and confusing. A prime example of this is Mr. Kaneda; his idea of the perfect game is playing a game scene by scene from start to finish as if it was the movie.

The kings of breadth are GOT and SW. others would be TWD, DP, AIQ (from what I’ve researched but can’t confirm), Hot Wheels (from what I’ve researched but can’t confirm), WOZ, JJPOTC, and even X-men to an extent.

#3427 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Will Mandalorian have a physical ball lock or is it just a virtual one?

Ooooooo can anyone confirm if it’s a moving virtual force motivated rotating lock?

#3945 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m calling it now. This game is going to be freaking bad ass!!

Nailed it! What do I win?

#4091 2 years ago

Stream was great, everyone on the stream was fantastic. Dwight showing off the rules even though it was hard to follow along was great because we can circle back around to the video as the game comes out; plus it showed there’s lots of breadth and depth.

Mini pf I thought was awesome. Tough! With cool objectives and a sweet (Dw)lighting show.

The only negative I have about the game is the price cause I don’t have the moola to get one! Haha...at least not yet.

1 week later
#4768 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

with ball eating thingy.

I believe that’s a ball eating anus.

#4812 2 years ago

I’m not ‘in’ on either version, but based on the streams I’m leaning premium. The mini pf had much more variety to offer for long term ownership. The drop down additional ramp diverter is super cool. And, then there’s the wire forms, much better than plastic. Definitely interested to see how each one plays which is the bottom line.

2 weeks later
#5611 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Gotta love it when just the color, size & placement of inserts can pretty much tell a story.

That is a great way of describing a well designed insert matrix and fully agree! SW was another fantastically well thought out insert matrix.

#5770 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Mando with HD glass and pinstadium
[quoted image]

I just got the leaked before image from pinstadiums PR for Mandalorian. Pinstadiums are a MUST for this game. How about them apples chuckwurt - necessary mod.

5BCC5B2F-0285-4B9B-B60E-D50F693F989B (resized).jpeg5BCC5B2F-0285-4B9B-B60E-D50F693F989B (resized).jpeg
#5790 2 years ago

Not sure why GNR is so popular in this thread but I’ll go to bat. GNR, much like Deadpool, is very finicky with its setup. You gotta find the right pitch to get it playing right. Again, much like Deadpool, when you get dialed in and tweaked right, it’s one of the best games around. So so good.

The inner spinner through the pops reminds me of the Karana ramp shot - so good. Hammering the right ramp target off a combo for a double jackpot is bad ass. It has one of the best mini pf’s around. And while the code needs some balancing, there really is quite a lot to do and strategize with. I’m 800+ plays in and just found a new strategy I really like. Not to mention, it’s such a unique and different type of modern game. It’s not a ‘samey stern’ and overall feels so good. Oh and the Adrenalin risk/reward associated with the code is so so good, not to mention the music lends itself so well to pinball. A+++ in my book. It just needs more polish in the rules and scoring balance which is coming.

Now back to Mando. Hope I get one …and soon…

#5794 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I’m not promoting any mods or upgrades. Just showing an image of how the Playfield looks with HD glass and pinstadium. I put it on all my games. Just a preference of mine. I like how it looks. People were saying the pros they’ve played on location have a lot of glare and it’s difficult to see parts of the Playfield. People complain about pinstadium pricing but also spend $1000 for a plastic piece that sits on top of their game. Everything pinball is expensive.

Sorry not a jab at you. I was just poking fun at pin stadium and their way of marketing. Their before images are always way dark. My post was all in good fun, or meant to be.

1 week later
#6076 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It should be renamed to the heavily manipulated “Stern Haters Lopped 100”, lol! That crowd won’t ever give any Stern a good review, lol. (Whether they’ve played it or not, doesn’t matter and not part of their rating thought process, as long as it’s kept down.)

I’d be shocked if the Stern haters didn’t drop it undeservedly to around 25 to 30, just like they did on Brian Eddie’s other game, STH. Now STH is highly sought after in spite of it only rising to a manipulated position of only #23. Demand and sales alone tell us where a machine should be ranked. On that note, STH and Mandalorian should both be in the top 5, as they are both in high demand. STH was slow out of the gate, because so many Stern haters piled on it early and kept berating it, even though now, most everyone loves it and trying to find one to purchase. Mando will unfortunately fall into the same downward manipulated pathway of pinside.
In contrast, Spooky a very good company, has so much good will, no matter how well Halloween does or doesn’t shoot, it will be ranked higher than both Mandalorian and STH. Crazy how the exact same designer Brain Eddie of the top 2 rated games for much of the time, has done Mando and STH, which are both arguably every bit as good, if not better. But because they have the Bally/Williams label are given carte blanche. Granted they are both good games too!

Hah You might want to get over yourself thinking most people are stern haters and try not to take it so personal. There’s very few people who stoop so low to try to skew ratings, I mean who actually does that…oh hey look at your ratings, I guess you’re one of them. Shame shame. Hahahaha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.