(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3015 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Like Solo in carbonite.

Grogu on ice (resized).jpegGrogu on ice (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4583 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

When you are all fighting around rotation definition and munsters code, i made my mods as i die waiting for my pro.
My beskar camtono flasher mod is finished, what de you think ?

My artblades too, and my Razor crest, but this one is not for my pinball
[quoted image]

Looks great, but.....no offense intended here, but it kind of looks like an ice cream maker.

Edit: Corrected spelling and added extra winks and giggles.

1 month later
#6042 2 years ago

Any word on if the black speaker surrounds on the LE are metal or acrylic? In either case, do they allow light to shine through them if backlit?

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#6062 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Light shines through the speaker cone for sure
I guess we are using different terminology - the speaker surround is the butyl rubber interface between the cone and frame.
If you mean the frame, it appears to be metal and looking at my photos above, no light transmission. The cones, however, let plenty of light through (they glow with just the backbox lighting).

Yes, I now see my termonogy could be confusing there. I wasn't meaning to refer to a part of the actual speaker anatomy. I didn't know a "surround" was a part of a speakers make up. I thought that whole area of a speaker was just considered the cone. Sorry for the confusion.

What I was calling speaker surrounds, Stern calls speaker rings in the LE game manuals. They are black in The Mandalorian LE. It's the flat, square piece of acrylic or metal that goes between the speaker plate and the speaker. The visible part of them are the different color rings you see around the speakers on the recent Stern LE games. It's the part that seems like it should light up, but doesn't light up (except on Batman SLE and Deadpool LE)...unless you get speaker lights to light them up.

As for the speakers being lit up from the factory, by the backbox lighting...I wouldn't call it plenty, as it's only the top of the cones that light up. In my bias opinion, it looks like the LE speakers are supposed to be lighting up, but something is not working properly or is poorly implemented...unless you get speaker lights to light them up.

#6063 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I preempted there Doug and bought dark blue from you in my last order. I think the dark blue will fit this game. The metal surrounds in led Zeppelin didn’t seem to make sense. I will be changing the black out regardless.
That LE looks stunning btw. Congrats!!! It looks way better now when in a lineup than in the promo pics. I’m excited for mine.

I added a "bronze" color surround set to my website that basically looks black until it is backlit. When it is backlit it allows light to shine though. All show with their normal colors, but with a bit of tint to them. It's a really nice "see through black" instead of the factory LE black, which I suspect doesn't allow any light to shine through them.

#6079 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m getting my LE soon. Is it the kit at the bottom?
http://speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html

Any of the SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits on that page will work in a Mando LE. Which you like the look of best and may decide on is up to the buyer.

#6145 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Your speakers have shields in the middle because they are cooler than mine! Stern just switched speaker manufacturers at some point. No biggy. I like those better than the kenwoods.

For awhile it has seemed that the Kenwood KFC-1366s have been getting harder to find. It's weird they would make a very viable change like that mid run on an LE game. It seems that if they didn't have enough of one model to do the whole 750 LE run....they would have held the older model for replacements or something.

Can someone post the brand and model number of the new "shield" speakers?

1 week later
#6573 2 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

very nice. glad it worked out. What brand/model of speakers are those?

Sound Ordnance P-52B

1 week later
#6808 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Looks good on the LE too.. [quoted image]

Imagine how good it would look with silver mirror speaker surrounds instead of.....black?!?

Mando silver mirror surround and PB (resized).JPGMando silver mirror surround and PB (resized).JPG

#6823 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Any chance you could back up a bit and take a full head shot of that LE?
My LE has the other speakers, black with the mirrored shield. I'm kinda digging the blacked out vibe. Perhaps you can persuade me though!

Sorry, the picture I posted was one a customer sent me and not my game.

1 week later
#6956 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

This is definitely the way! Thanks Doug!
[quoted image]

I started stocking the bronze surrounds for the Mando LE folks that wanted to keep the default black look around the speakers. The advantage over the black there is the bronze allows light to shine through it where as the black does not. However, with all of the silver mirrored edge lines on the LE backglass artwork I think the silver mirrored surrounds are the way to go. If you switch to the chrome t-molding...it's a real no-brainer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 22.95
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.