(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1095 2 years ago

No shitty leaked pictures by now?

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The meeting where those photos are shown is Tuesday.

There were a lot of tuesdays already, gimme that pics!!!

#1189 2 years ago

I like The Shadow.

#1191 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is the sarcasm emoji broken?

The Shadow knows!

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No photos can leak if they don’t show any to distros.

You on christmas:
THERE IS NO SANTA !!!

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Unless Mandos head pops out of the back glass a la 3D like this is fake .The head crosses the back glass and into the top of the cabinet .

No it doesn't, that "metal bar" is part of the picture (it's his visor again).

#1822 2 years ago

Looks awesome but with the "upper Playfield"... is something underneath it so the ball can cross wenn it's liftet up?

Otherwise it could just be flat like on the Pro (ok not the "anti gravity" tilting).

#1828 2 years ago

No Topper?

#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The premium and LE do not have full RGB lighting?

That's long gone!

#2079 2 years ago

If you can buy and equip stuff within the game, like the trailer says, it could really add to the game with some roleplaying elements.

I really hope they nail that. Liked that on GoT but it could have been done more... well RPG'ish or story/ progress driven.

#2267 2 years ago

I h8 u, but gr8 troll! XD

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Black Knight was full RGB, even in the pro.

No.

#2336 2 years ago

Going through the trailers over and over I think I might have found a concern...

...the Pros „upper playfield“, it seems you can‘t see it (well) behind that ramp. That‘s usually where they „hide“ the pops an rollover lanes.

DE099191-EB2C-40AD-A5C0-4FF5B6724F2C (resized).jpegDE099191-EB2C-40AD-A5C0-4FF5B6724F2C (resized).jpeg

I can’t see it here. - Ok, that‘s not quite an adult players perspective but you see the problem I guess...

#2808 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

struggling between really wanting this game and thinking it’s a turd. I love the look of the game (minus yoda doll) and the layout feels unique and packed... but when I dissect it every shot is basic and the upper pf might have the fewest “shots” of any upper of I’ve ever seen, It feels like it’s missing that one super satisfying unique shot and is relying on a potentially bad mini pf too much....

It certainly isn‘t a turd. It looks absolutely fun to shoot. Only the theme integration is partially questionable.

(Let‘s ballface Mando, yeah! )

#2869 2 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Everybody wanted this to be Back to the Future and all they got was the big huge plastic ramp! [quoted image]

Comparing to this Stern has seriously upped their theme integration.

#2902 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Thanks for the info.
So Todd is old and doesn't realize what he's saying at 3 min on his new video?

Well it is possible that he meant something different. Since he talks about the premiums before he talks about the LEs it is totally possible he is only referring to the premiums, when he says the LEs are first.

#2903 2 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Stern won’t end up selling direct...

They just did.

#2960 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Spoiler alert. Season 3 will have nothing to do with Groku(gu?).

Son Goku.

#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

When is the game being show tonight?

Quoted from Munsters:

Pretty sure my distributor is ethical but they just got less le’s comparing with le’s in the past. Ive heard other distributor got normal 15 le’s and only gets 9 mando le’s... So stern thinks like donald, usa first...

The problem is the games would have to be here asap, since in July the 25% extra import tax comes back (if they don‘t work anything out by then). So Stern and a lot of retailers are a bit f*****. Imagine they ship your game and it suddenly is 25% more expensive.

#3213 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

I will pay 25% extra to get an mando le, you can arrange one for me?

Yes.

But I won‘t!

#3229 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Posted two days ago, I found this comment noteable and I'm surprised it went unnoticed here. (Maybe poor translation)
I've always assumed that the LE hype meant the Premium would be an immediate bestseller. This tells me a different story.
Distributors would normally never say such a thing, at least publicly, and I'm wondering if this is a rare glimpse of the true market and sales psychology.
My mind has been spinning on a few different levels and I'm wondering how others might perceive this.

Look who posted that (from where).

Why should you buy the Premium when the LE is cheaper (in europe)?

In July the 'paused' extra 25% import tax comes back if europe and the us don't work something out. That would make the Premiums more expensive then the LE.
So srsly if there's a possibility for that to happen, you try to get the LE.

#3235 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed. Too much stock is being put in one random comment from a European who is staring down at a massive tax hike. This is why JJP has been pumping out GnR to Europe and has all us North American buyers sitting on our hands waiting for our distros to get allotment again.
Stern should probably break up their LE run to do some premiums and pros and get those to Europe as well in front of the tax hike.

1) It is not really a tax hike, it's a punitive duty from the EU as a countermeasure for the "america first" punitive dutys of the US. It may be solved. It propqably will be; question ist when.

2) JJP is just... well... *slowish*. At least there is no "pumping out".

3) As far as I heard Stern kinda does the opposite, since the retailers here can't really commit to an alotment. So more LE's for the rest of the world.

Edit:
4) While not compareable to the US market or elsewhere, it is not one random commenters, or one retailer problem, but the whole continents.

#3251 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It would have been cool if they had placed a row of pop ups like the Gargoyles in Elvira along the top of the mini playfield.
Make them missle bullets or whatever they're called coming from his head. Or those little sand pirates on a stick.
You'd probably break them in short order on the two flipper playfield but that would make a spectacular effect.
Stationary targets serve their pourpose but action such as drop targets are way more satisfying.

Not too sure drops would even work in that oval shape, without designing a whole new mech.

I think it's fine the way it is, but it is some "blatant" theme Integration:
"Look, heres Baby Yoda and there is Mados helmet!" - While something else would have made for a way more logical playfield then his head.

#3321 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yes, completely agree. See the comment above mine from SLCPunk explaing just that.
But the pop ups might be fun

You collect moneyz, to buy stuff.

#3405 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That is ‘rocking’ not ‘Rotation’ dude, c’mon.
I know you know the difference. True about the doll...I just figure Stern should cut the ish with the borderline false advertising.
[quoted image]

They it rotates, wich it does since it has an axis. ONE axis. They didn‘t say it does a full rotation. So everything is correct in all departments altough you‘d udually not describe this fraction of a rotation as a rotation.

#3444 2 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Mini-playfield cannot rotate. Rotation is around someting 360 degree, a complete circle.

That would be a FULL rotation.

#3622 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Darth is dead.
Mandalorian takes place after the original trilogy.

Then why is Yoda still a Baby, d‘uh!?

And it‘s ManDelorean so it obviously has time travel, wich explains Luke appearence and honestly I know I‘m talking shit but I just read 200 posts about „rotation“ and want to die.

#3711 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Y’all ready?! :O
We quadruple checked all our gear tonight. Stoked to show this off!!

Wait, what?! It's friday allready?!

- I mean, wow that's great... I just work too much, that I didn't notice. XD

#3855 2 years ago

Only thing that stands out, that I don‘t like:
The HUD/ Main Screen. That „bezel“ is still ok (typical Stern) but that rendered Mando looks pretty stiff/ unnatural. (And you should not show him when a video is running)

(The shop screen in comparison looks great imho.)

#3863 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

We're guessing the static Mando on the screen upgrades his armor and weapons as you buy them so you can look up and see your progress. We'll see.

That will be the case. He still doesn‘t look that great.

#3871 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I like it, but not in a (what are the LE's going for now?) 13-15k way.

Too bad they‘re only producing LE and never anything else. *sarcasm*

#3874 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Whoever buys the premium should replace the upper play field Flippers with lightning flippers… Does things are too damn big, they get in the way of each other

No.

#4139 2 years ago

So... when are they streaming the game?

Video on Friday was mainly Dwight talking.
(I love his enthusiasm tough! )

#4427 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

OK, on a serious note. How do I hide my LE from my wife? I figured out the "don't have it delivered while she's home" thing, but not how to camouflage it once it's in place.

Hide it with something she has absolutely no interrest on. My wife hates the laundy, so laying a dirty sock on top of the machine makes it basically invisible!

#4561 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The GB holo was a waist of everything. DI was better, but still underwhelming IMO.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#4666 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thats where im at, I have a LE but if the Pro looks better Ill just get both and make somebody happy with a LE.

Your wallet is not a person!

#4745 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But what about not having enough beskar?

It'd be great if the scoop just shoots the ball out like TNA (like, IMMEDIATELY) , yelling at you "Come back when you have the money, hobo!!!" XD

1 week later
#5201 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You just don’t like modern pinball. It’s okay. Not every era is for everyone.
But clearly you’re the minority in that thinking. Modern pinball is amazing.

Modern pinball clearly has "longer legs" in the home environment (because of code).
Lights & Sounds are clearly better, that's just technological progress.

But I guess nearly noone would argue that older games had more toys/ mechanical "wow" in 'em.

#5206 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow only lasts so long at home. Then it gets to whether the gameplay is actually good and has long lasting appeal.

I still love the MM Castle, the JM Glove, etc. ...

So why not both?

(And yes, some modern games have that, of course. Stern also.)

1 week later
#5804 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I would rather smear a fresh steaming turd over my playfield than use Pinstadiums. But each to their own

I'd watch that on YouTube!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.