(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 153.
#1 2 years ago

Hey Guys
Looks like the Kaneda is out of the bag and if the rumor is true looking for what we can expect in a new Stern pin? Whos in whos out and who doesn't care?

#2 2 years ago

Would be my third NIB from stern this year if the rumor is true (my wallet would then need a break).

#3 2 years ago

If it's good, like maybe...I guess?

#4 2 years ago

I hope it is so I can save my money.

#5 2 years ago

ManDELOREAN! Super fake out.

#6 2 years ago

VERY EXCITED!!!!

oops.gifoops.gif

Ball 1 locked!

lock.giflock.gif

#8 2 years ago

Sounds great to me but I would much prefer a OG take. StarWars bounty hunter? Yep but comic style art, animated graphics with each mode being a new Alien that needs to be found and captured to collect the bounty etc. Based on the show? still interested just prefer it OG. Either way better than a new starwars game based on the terrible trilogy woke douchebags just gave us. Best case. A dedicated Darth Vader pin.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Sounds great to me but I would much prefer a OG take. StarWars bounty hunter? Yep but comic style art, animated graphics with each mode being a new Alien that needs to be found and captured to collect the bounty etc. Based on the show? still interested just prefer it OG. Either way better than a new starwars game based on the terrible trilogy woke douchebags just gave us. Best case. A dedicated Darth Vader pin.

Original take could be cool or be like Avengers with odd static animations flying out and terrible callous. Maybe Mando will say "It's time to go binary"!

#10 2 years ago

I Haven’t Evacuated Since the Solstice Multiball

#11 2 years ago

I’m in for a premium sight unseen.

Fantastic show.

#12 2 years ago

I'm in for an LE! - from Facebook LOL - If this game doesn't have the music it will be a major let down, sure its fixable in pinball browser but id rather it was in the stock game.

To the Great People at Stern Pinball !
They all hate you, Stern Pinball. Because you’re legend!
The future is uncertain but I HAVE SPOKEN!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Bounty hunting is a complicated profession and When one chooses to walk the Way of the Mandalore, you are both hunter and prey, You have something I want. You may think you have some idea of what you have in your possession, but you do not. Soon, it will be back with me. it means more to me than you will ever know.
It is SO SO SO crucial that you have the Mandalorian soundtrack, with the super audio and sound legends you have at Stern Pinball I have no doubt you will make this sound track magic but its no good to me dead.
A friendly piece of advice, assume that I know everything - and remember I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold.
and I'm in for an LE!

#13 2 years ago

I'm on the list with my distributor for a LE, I just hope it has clips, callouts and music from the show.

#14 2 years ago

Wow so looks like this IS NOT the theme people want going by the poll - very interesting. Lets see if that changes if it does indeed come to fruition

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Original take could be cool or be like Avengers with odd static animations flying out and terrible callous. Maybe Mando will say "It's time to go binary"!

It could never be as bad an Avengers cause it wouldn't be avengers. Stern and Superhero call outs, well most all call outs stink. Get a good voice for narration during the game and thats it. I don't need to hear anything else. SFX, good fitting music and maybe the 2 voice actors that did Maiden, pitching their voice up or down for the Alien fugitives.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Wow so looks like this IS NOT the theme people want going by the poll - very interesting.

What do u mean, the most votes are for "I'm in" Ur not gonna get hundreds of pollers on this but if they released a Mandalorian pin and its looks good it will sell.

#17 2 years ago

In. Star wars pin = awesome. Better theme than back to the future

#18 2 years ago

If it's a good game with neat mechs I might consider getting a pro.

#19 2 years ago

We sat down with the kids and watched every new episode as they came out together as a family.
The kids are 10 and 12 and yes my entire family plays pinball.
I swore I was going to try not to buy NIB for a while after dropping a bunch of money on a JJP GNRLE, but this would change that as it’s a theme that is exciting to all of the members of my family.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

it’s a theme that is exciting to all of the members of my family.

It should be exciting for everyone, even if ur a SW's fan. A Bounty Hunter in space. If they have the same access to material as SW then it should be great.

#21 2 years ago

What do u mean, the most votes are for "I'm in" Ur not gonna get hundreds of pollers on this but if they released a Mandalorian pin and its looks good it will sell.

I just see from the poll that lots of people are in the don't care and out so not as much enthusiasm as one would expect or Kaneda is hyping

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I just see from the poll that lots of people are in the don't care and out so not as much enthusiasm as one would expect or Kaneda is hyping

Well ur first mistake is listening to Kaneda. I voted in, but I don't care really. If they make it and it looks good I might grab a pro. If they don't, who gives a shit.

So the "don't care" doesn't mean it won't be popular.

#23 2 years ago

In on an LE. Awesome show.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

If it's a good game with neat mechs I might consider getting a pro.

Pros don’t have neat mechs. You’ll want a Prem.

#25 2 years ago

Baby Yoda LE.. watch out for the craziness!!

#26 2 years ago

It’s Grogu bro.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Boy do I hope none of the models have "neat mechs"

I'll be very happy with anything the same or close to the greatness of SW Pro. Every Stern I've had where I bought a Pre/LE then sold it, after a few years rebought the Pro? took almost zero time to get over the lack of Pre/LE extras. But I wouldn't complain if the add on's were so amazing I have to upgrade. win/win situation.

#28 2 years ago

I’m lost. You’re hoping there aren’t near mechs? What?

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m lost. You’re hoping there aren’t near mechs? What?

So am I , what the hell is a near mech? It was about the word "neat", forget it.

I can take or leave mechs, I would rather have more spinners or drop targets, even a bash toy over some kind of useless mech that doesn't impact gameplay, but rather stops the action. Just my personal preference. A good mech to me would be the Black Knight in BKSOR, Rudy, the ship in POTC (stern).

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

In on an LE. Awesome show.

I’m between a premium and pro, really depends quality of the light show and upper playfield playability. Not sure what it would take for me to move up to an LE, it’s possible with this title but would really take something special.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m between a premium and pro, really depends quality of the light show and upper playfield playability. Not sure what it would take for me to move up to an LE, it’s possible with this title but would really take something special.

I’ve never been in on a Stern LE, sight unseen. But I like Mandalorian quite a bit, so I’m willing to roll the dice!

Hopefully Stern does this one right. After getting a GNR CE recently, it’s going to be hard to impress me to be honest. The bar has been raised pretty high by the crew at JJP.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hopefully Stern does this one right. After getting a GNR CE recently, it’s going to be hard to impress me to be honest. The bar has been raised pretty high by the crew at JJP.

Hands down. If they give this one the treatment they gave LZ we will all be so disappointed. I still think GnR was a game changer and Stern is going to up their game to meet the competition. It was too late for them to do anything with LZ, but they’ve had ample time to do this new release right.

#33 2 years ago

So am I , what the hell is a near mech? It was about the word "neat", forget it.
I can take or leave mechs, I would rather have more spinners or drop targets, even a bash toy over some kind of useless mech that doesn't impact gameplay, but rather stops the action. Just my personal preference. A good mech to me would be the Black Knight in BKSOR, Rudy, the ship in POTC (stern).

I’m with you man. Spinners and drops are my two favorite mechs in pinball and it seems like they’re getting less important and prevalent with each new release. I mean I’m not sure if any JJP games have even have drops, do they? Hobbit maybe? People laughed and rolled their eyes when that spinner popped out of the playfield on LZ but I did a couple snap kicks and fist pumps.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hands down. If they give this one the treatment they gave LZ we will all be so disappointed. I still think GnR was a game changer and Stern is going to up their game to meet the competition. It was too late for them to do anything with LZ, but they’ve had ample time to do this new release right.

Not to derail the thread but what is it about LZ that is so disappointing?

#35 2 years ago

From 600 to 800 LEs...who is still interested?

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Everything?

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

From 600 to 800 LEs...who is still interested?

They are making 800 LEs? What is the source of that information? If true, Stern feels they have an absolute grand slam game on their hands.

Quoted from Chisox:

Honestly, I feel the theme integration was a bit weak and it felt a little barren. That said, I recognize it’s all subjective. Maybe if I was a fan of the band and enjoyed the rules more I would feel differently...but after GnR it felt flat to me.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They are making 800 LEs? What is the source of that information? If true, Stern feels they have an absolute grand slam game on their hands.

Honestly, I feel the theme integration was a bit weak and it felt a little barren. That said, I recognize it’s all subjective. Maybe if I was a fan of the band and enjoyed the rules more I would feel differently...but after GnR it felt flat to me.

Fair enough. Not trying to stir shit up, just curious.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I'm on the list with my distributor for a LE, I just hope it has clips, callouts and music from the show.

Good Luck.! There were not many LE spots left when we put our name down for one last Thursday.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Good Luck.! There were not many LE spots left when we put our name down for one last Thursday.

I've had a spot since March.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I've had a spot since March.

Awesome!

#42 2 years ago

It is if is indeed Mandalorian, perfect theme for our family.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

It is if is indeed Mandalorian, perfect theme for our family.

My wife and I love that it is a newer theme and hope it is Mandalorian too!

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well if it is Mando, the theme alone has already blown GnR out of the water

#45 2 years ago

I tried to enjoy the show because I heard good things. It did not hold my interest and felt lacking. Not every theme has to appeal to everybody. I am glad people seem excited.

#46 2 years ago

I wouldn’t think it could be the mandolorian since that only came out in late 2019. I doubt that’s enough time to secure a license and design and manufacture a game. I could be wrong, but I thought lead times were like 2-3 years, and with covid, I’d guess it set them back more. It has to be a code word for something else. Someone mentioned Delorean so I’d guess Bttf2 would be more likely. Personally, neither are that attractive to me, haven’t seen the mandolorian.

#47 2 years ago

I have a poster, not sure I need a pinball machine with that theme. But good for anyone who does.

#48 2 years ago

I don't know what a Mandolorian is.

Then again I didn't know what Avengers was either, and I love that pin.

Movies ain't my thing.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I don't know what a Mandolorian is.
Then again I didn't know what Avengers was either, and I love that pin.
Movies ain't my thing.

Neither are movies lol

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah I rather save the money with the pro. I only ever bought four premium/LE games so far while in the hobby.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.