(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 153.
#4801 2 years ago

Really like how you can skill shot into the upper playfield and it is also used in multiball on the Pro.

#4802 2 years ago

I think both the Pro and Premium/LE will be great and will satisfy many. I think what it comes down to is...will the upgrades be worth it and will they enhance the game play?

To me it comes down to how big of a Star Wars fan are you? I have gotten to kinda know who the true Star Wars fans are around here, and feel many will go with the enhanced playing option because for many-this game will become a long term keeper.

For me Star Wars is huge in my home and I am a fanboy-it is going to be difficult not to go Premium/LE on this one if I like the way it plays.

#4803 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

It's actually at 1:26:45.

Well, that explains it.

#4804 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Ive watched both streams a few times now. Mini on the Pro looks like its handicapped looking to me with just one flipper and the playfield being flat and not moving looks lackluster when compared to the Premium/LE. Overall both games look great though but Premium/LE for is the way for me.
On the Star Wars discussion I also owned both SW pro and premium, Premium vs Pro is easy on that one. Pro version is to easy to beat. Hyperloop and being able to blow up the Deathstar never get old and make that version of the game so much more fun, so that choice was much easier then Mando has been for me.

Yeah, these are always the same debate people say pro is no brainer and others the prem/le. Obviously, it’s preference so go with what makes you happy. The nice thing is you can always sell if you don’t like what ever model you buy and not lose a bunch of money. I’m still in on my original choice and pumped to get it. I haven’t been disappointed in my choices yet and at times have went up/down a model later

#4805 2 years ago

Told my wife-I do not want to spend over $8000 on a pinball machine and I do not want to own any worth over $10,000- This was like a year ago or so.
Here we are today-I could not resist Led Zeppelin LE and finding it impossible to resist Star Wars. My only excuse is theme-theme-theme. Not many themes left-so I have changed my parameters a bit. Excuses...Excuses...Excuses as my wife tries to remind me of what I said a year ago.

#4806 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

used in multiball on the Pro.

I believe this is the case for the premium too.

#4807 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Told my wife-I do not want to spend over $8000 on a pinball machine and I do not want to own any worth over $10,000- This was like a year ago or so.
Here we are today-I could not resist Led Zeppelin LE and finding it impossible to resist Star Wars. My only excuse is theme-theme-theme. Not many themes left-so I have changed my parameters a bit. Excuses...Excuses...Excuses as my wife tries to remind me of what I said a year ago.

Yeah, a couple years ago I told my wife the same about not understanding why I’d ever buy anything else but the pro models. Then I bought a prem and really enjoyed the extras. After that, I could LEs for 1200-1500 more than a prem so I bought my first LE. Now it’s hard for me to turn down an le because I like what I get with them.

She seems to be happy if I keep my total amount of pins to the agreed to amount and if anything ever crazy happened the pins would be slowly sold.

#4808 2 years ago

Other excuses...

You only live once

Life is short

Go big or go home

Pros are for Ho's

thinking of more...

#4809 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Other excuses...
You only live once
Life is short
Go big or go home
Pros are for Ho's
thinking of more...

Oh yeah, any way to justify it!

Dream theme is a good one! I’ve used that before with the wife

A couple more

Now or never
It’s only money, You can’t take it with you

#4810 2 years ago

Dream theme is the one that worked this time around

Wife asked last week if we are keeping LE or Pro? Told her not sure-but guess that gives me the green light?

#4811 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think both the Pro and Premium/LE will be great and will satisfy many. I think what it comes down to is...will the upgrades be worth it and will they enhance the game play?
To me it comes down to how big of a Star Wars fan are you? I have gotten to kinda know who the true Star Wars fans are around here, and feel many will go with the enhanced playing option because for many-this game will become a long term keeper.
For me Star Wars is huge in my home and I am a fanboy-it is going to be difficult not to go Premium/LE on this one if I like the way it plays.

LE sold out about a month ago dood!

#4812 2 years ago

I’m not ‘in’ on either version, but based on the streams I’m leaning premium. The mini pf had much more variety to offer for long term ownership. The drop down additional ramp diverter is super cool. And, then there’s the wire forms, much better than plastic. Definitely interested to see how each one plays which is the bottom line.

#4813 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LE sold out about a month ago dood!

I think he's talking about the build style and not specifically the LE. Besides, even if he WAS talking about the LE, there will be more than a few for sale here soon. There are guys here who habitually open the box, play about 100 games, and sell it three weeks later. I don't really get that, but to each his own.

#4814 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think he's talking about the build style and not specifically the LE. Besides, even if he WAS talking about the LE, there will be more than a few for sale here soon. There are guys here who habitually open the box, play about 100 games, and sell it three weeks later. I don't really get that, but to each his own.

Right...I feel like we've already reached that inevitable "post FOMO" era on this game, the same thing that happens virtually every time. By the time of the "pro" stream there's significantly less craziness and rabid response as people are already lusting after the next game and last week's hotness starts to fade into memory.

Yes, this point is almost always reached before anybody has even unboxed a pro and we appear to be reaching that point now. LEs will be gettable in the coming 6 months or so for anybody who wants one. And in a year we may be where they start going for dumb money again, like Stranger THings which is mind-boggling considering how much everybody hated that game when it came out.

#4815 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Pro version is to easy to beat.

It is?

I have beaten the game once and that was easily a 45 min game.

Mando Pro for me, I wish there wasn't any mini PF at all and everything was set back a little further as a result but it looks good none the less.

#4816 2 years ago

Did anyone in USA receive his pro model ? Still looks like production problems at Stern...

#4817 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Did anyone in USA receive his pro model ? Still looks like production problems at Stern...

Is it a production problem seeing as Stern never announced a production date other then what was assumed on Pinside?

#4818 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Yes, @DeadFlip! Lol

#4819 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Still looks like production problems at Stern...

I don't know that a backlog of games that already have customers is a "problem" for Stern, as long as that line keeps moving, Stern is probably more than happy.

#4820 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yes, DeadFlip! Lol

Actually he said he was playing that at Stern and would likely be going home with a Premium so technically no Pros lol.

#4821 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

He said Tuesday at the beginning of his stream that when he was their, they were loading Pro onto the truck to ship out.

#4822 2 years ago

I keep checking in to see if someone has their game yet! I know Colorado will be a day or 2 behind.

#4823 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Really like how you can skill shot into the upper playfield and it is also used in multiball on the Pro.

It’s also used in multiball on the PreLe.

I really think the effect of the tilting/rotating/rocking PF is completely lost watching it on a stream.

Having said that we really need Danger to properly stream the PreLe like he did the Pro.

#4824 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s also used in multiball on the PreLe.
I really think the effect of the tilting/rotating/rocking PF is completely lost watching it on a stream.
Having said that we really need Danger to properly stream the PreLe like he did the Pro.

There is no way to stream the Pro upper flipper losing and gaining power to increase difficulty. I'm interested to see how that feels.

Well, I'm excited to play all the versions and see more streams. Game looks good.

#4825 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

There is no way to stream the Pro upper flipper losing and gaining power to increase difficulty. I'm interested to see how that feels.

That’s true. I think the upper pf on both will be ok in their own way.

My comment re the Deadflip stream was referring to the the “shambolic” LE launch stream Vs the more typical Deadflip stream with the pro.

#4826 2 years ago

Someone yesterday hinted that it may be a while before we see Pros. Would that person care to elaborate?

#4827 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Someone yesterday hinted that it may be a while before we see Pros. Would that person care to elaborate?

Unless you are an operator or business of some sort, most likely you would get a pro in august after the LEs are made. Only a small batch of pros are made first.

#4828 2 years ago

And from my understanding, they are trying to get those pros into the hands of operators so people have a chance to play on location

#4829 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Next 3d print will look good next to the pin
[quoted image]

Dude. That would be amazing. I just finished my R2 that took 7 months with ender3 IG-88 I’m guessing would take me 4 months. Start up a thread with your build.

#4830 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

And from my understanding, they are trying to get those pros into the hands of operators so people have a chance to play on location

I still do not have an ETA for when mine arrives.

#4831 2 years ago

Yeah still nothing here. We are adding on to our current location and was hoping to have mando for our grand opening.

#4832 2 years ago

8F724384-BCD7-4653-94AA-C2149F254800 (resized).jpeg8F724384-BCD7-4653-94AA-C2149F254800 (resized).jpeg
#4833 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Jack, on the pro demo, said that he was getting a lot of points from the encounters, thrashing on the mini playfield in other words.

Yeah, he definitely was getting points up in the mini-pf, but it was specific to the Encounter modes. The "Sneaky Levels" from short plunging had a different ruleset, and different level you reach with target completions it seemed - with sub-100,000 point scores shown. Scores that would appear so low I'd hope there is some other award or higher points when you get to higher levels/more additional completions or something.

Either way, that "sneaky level" mini game may not be present on the Premium model?

#4834 2 years ago

Yeah I don’t think you can go wrong with any version of this one.
All versions look to be a lot of fun and all are very attractive as well.
Gameplay with Danger was solid.

#4835 2 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

It looks like this is the case. On stream Jack short plunged into the mini playfield and there was some sort of sneak in scoring associated with it.
[quoted image]

Yeah, that image shows Sneaky Level mini-modes or something? Which doesn't seem to be a normal Encounter mode.

Screenshot_2021-06-03-20-26-56-136~2 (resized).jpegScreenshot_2021-06-03-20-26-56-136~2 (resized).jpeg
#4836 2 years ago

My son grabbed this at the lego store today. We are awaiting our pro...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4837 2 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

My son grabbed this at the lego store today. We are awaiting our pro...
[quoted image]

DOES IT MOVE

#4838 2 years ago

This is the way!

However just recieved my GNR LE and oh my God best new pinball I've ever purchased.

I've owned around a 100 different titles but this thing is bloody amazing.

WoW!!!

Still on board for Mando.

#4839 2 years ago

The head rotates....or does it tilt?

#4840 2 years ago

Dad bought his son some Grogu Legos, now awaits his Mando Pro to play together. It moves.. me..!

#4841 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Dad bought his son some Grogu Legos, now awaits his Mando Pro to play together. It moves me..!

He'll be waiting till August

#4842 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

He'll be waiting till August

You want to be "that guy!!!"...with that news to the kid

#4843 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

You want to be "that guy!!!"...with that news to the kid

Just sayin

You're right I'm sorry

#4844 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is it a production problem seeing as Stern never announced a production date other then what was assumed on Pinside?

Wrong - people were given an expectation from Stern directly... that date has slipped.

#4845 2 years ago

Can confirm. Gary stern told us all the production dates on the stern army webcast meeting.

#4846 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can confirm. Gary stern told us all the production dates on the stern army webcast meeting.

Well, what were they?

#4847 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well, what were they?

First run pros end of May. LEs beginning of June. Premiums end of June.

#4848 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

First run pros end of May. LEs beginning of June. Premiums end of June.

Oh, premium before second run pros now?

#4849 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Oh, premium before second run pros now?

The only pros that were mentioned in this meeting were the first run pros.

#4850 2 years ago

Is anyone receiving theirs today?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/97?hl=shrimppimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.