(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 153.
#4751 2 years ago

Ive bought mandalorion helmet signed by the hero itself only one left on ebay:

ebay.com link: itm

#4752 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Ive bought mandalorion helmet signed by the hero itself only one left on ebay:
ebay.com link: itm

Slightly overpriced

#4753 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Could be alot later then you would think. Stay tuned.
**Reference to regular customer units shipping, not initial Operator/SternArmy machines.

Hoping I get my first nib in june fingers crossed

#4754 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Slightly overpriced

I dindt pay the asking price

#4755 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Ive bought mandalorion helmet signed by the hero itself only one left on ebay

Quoted from acedanger:

Slightly overpriced

Don't BK and SW toppers go for $2,500 now as well? This is right in the ballpark, plus it's signed!

#4756 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

I dindt pay the asking price

Curious it looked like the $100 dollar version. BTW it would be so much cooler if Jon Favreau had signed it. Congrats. I 3D printed mine for 30.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't BK and SW toppers go for $2,5000 now as well? This is right in the ballpark, plus it's signed!

Sadly I guess; but at least the Stern ones interact & have LEDS.

f15a52238c60ce40091ef7de2265cb7d8b47675c (resized).jpgf15a52238c60ce40091ef7de2265cb7d8b47675c (resized).jpg
#4757 2 years ago

If there's any interest I'd sell this as a topper for $350

IMG_0086 (resized).jpgIMG_0086 (resized).jpg
#4758 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Curious it looked like the $100 dollar version. BTW it would be so much cooler if Jon Favreau had signed it. Congrats. I 3D printed mine for 30.

Sadly I guess; but at least the Stern ones interact & have LEDS. [quoted image]

Interacting leds is easy to add maybe it’s an 100 dollar helmet but who cares, it signed by mando! Never had the idea to have the real beskar one

#4759 2 years ago

Didn't anyone notice the fricking MIRACLE that occurred at the flippers at the 1:25:45 mark? Because DeadFlip sure didn't.

DAYUM

What are the odds?

#4760 2 years ago

The balls are not falling off the plastic ramps like the premium wire form in the previous stream.

#4761 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not such a horrible idea if it speeds up gameplay. But that’s why it’s good as a menu option - you won’t have to select it if you don’t want.

Very bad for tournament play, hence why it should at best be an option at best to choose to have it random
But this is intended as a "RPG"-inspired gameplay feature, so if it is so horrible to endure the seconds you have to choose a reward...there are many other games to play instead

#4762 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The balls are not falling off the plastic ramps like the premium wire form in the previous stream.

Obviously - the scenario is completely different.

No balls being dumped onto the ramp midpoint... and ramps with actual sides

#4763 2 years ago

just to say :

the "you've missed everything" call out is already in T3 (Dwight again)
as its said from Arnold, is this an easter egg while they are each 2 in PREDATOR !?

#4764 2 years ago

Still no machines delivered yet?

#4765 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:Didn't anyone notice the fricking MIRACLE that occurred at the flippers at the 1:25:45 mark? Because DeadFlip sure didn't.
DAYUM
What are the odds?

What am I missing?

#4766 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What am I missing?

No spoilers, watch it again...

#4767 2 years ago

Watched the stream and prefer pro model Mando and the ramps too, making this the clear winner. However, the lack of a bash toy nor wow factor (plus seizure from watching the Dwight flasher show too many times) made me decide to pursue a STh pro instead. That one is fleshed out, and it has a slam ramp with ball eating thingy. I think Mando will be fun to play and with more sound and video clips that fully use the license, might make this one to get later. Intend to play it on location until 2022 and revisit it after Godzilla is shown.

#4768 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

with ball eating thingy.

I believe that’s a ball eating anus.

#4769 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

No spoilers, watch it again...

No.

#4770 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Still no machines delivered yet?

Jack said yesterday at the beginning of his stream they were loading the games up on the trucks when he was there. So I would assume we will probably here something tomorrow or Friday maybe?

#4771 2 years ago

Next 3d print will look good next to the pin

2B2E4467-2201-46F0-9136-3F01FB870503 (resized).jpeg2B2E4467-2201-46F0-9136-3F01FB870503 (resized).jpeg
#4772 2 years ago

No really...watch it again.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#4773 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

No really...watch it again.[quoted image]

Why do I get the feeling we’re being set up for a “deez nuts” joke?

#4774 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why do I feel like we’re being set up for a “deez nuts” joke?

CB67C4D7-45A2-41EF-97DC-0D62EBFD2173.gifCB67C4D7-45A2-41EF-97DC-0D62EBFD2173.gif
#4775 2 years ago

I'm really not liking that multi-ball is lit and started by just repeatedly shooting the center target/ramp shot. That seems really dull and makes it a gimme frankly - you can start the first MB within like 15 seconds of starting a game. Where is the challenge there? I guess you don't get many points without stacking a mode, but still... Just doing something else to lite the locks would have been nice.

Did the Premium have the "Sneaky levels" mechanism of soft plunging into the mini Playfield (not sure you physically can) to get additional upper pf target completions? And what was the reward for completing those? I liked the look of that mechanism, but I couldn't tell what was to be gained there, scoring from that was virtually nil...

#4776 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm really not liking that multi-ball is lit and started by just repeatedly shooting the center target/ramp shot. That seems really dull and makes it a gimme frankly - you can start the first MB within like 15 seconds of starting a game. Where is the challenge there? I guess you don't get many points without stacking a mode, but still... Just doing something else to lite the locks would have been nice.
Did the Premium have the "Sneaky levels" mechanism of soft plunging into the mini Playfield (not sure you physically can) to get additional upper pf target completions? And what was the reward for completing those? I liked the look of that mechanism, but I couldn't tell what was to be gained there, scoring from that was virtually nil...

Jack, on the pro demo, said that he was getting a lot of points from the encounters, thrashing on the mini playfield in other words.

#4777 2 years ago

Lol, it's only a few seconds into the video he bookmarked.

#4778 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Didn't anyone notice the fricking MIRACLE that occurred at the flippers at the 1:25:45 mark? Because DeadFlip sure didn't.
DAYUM
What are the odds?

It's actually at 1:26:45.

#4779 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I agree with you when it comes to the simplicity of getting that first multi ball started.
Maybe you can change the settings to a higher difficulty??

#4780 2 years ago

Where can you order the Mandalorian shooter knob from the Premium stream? Don't see it on the Stern website shop..

#4781 2 years ago

Do you play more on the mini playfield on the pro than on the premium?

#4782 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

DAYUM
What are the odds?

It would help to use the right time stamp. The is nothing even near the flippers at this time.
You are a minute early for the center blocking balls

#4783 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

No.

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

It looks like this is the case. On stream Jack short plunged into the mini playfield and there was some sort of sneak in scoring associated with it.

0F3CBE7A-C3B7-458B-BB1E-4A1E4FCD4CAF.jpeg0F3CBE7A-C3B7-458B-BB1E-4A1E4FCD4CAF.jpeg
#4785 2 years ago

Did not notice that. Cool!

#4786 2 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

It looks like this is the case. On stream Jack short plunged into the mini playfield and there was some sort of sneak in scoring associated with it.
[quoted image]

Yup, I thought this was a cool add in, Imo the pro playfield / layout is the better one

#4787 2 years ago

Not sure if Pro is the way to go or not yet?

I really do not care for mini-playfield's but without a choice and given a stellar theme, decisions need to be made. Ultimately I will need to play both to decide but what I like about the Premium/LE mini pf is it appears to have more of a true strategy and actually looks difficult to keep going. Watching the stream I noticed the players draining rather quickly playing the Premium model vs Pro. Thinking it may be entertaining trying to keep the ball alive in such a small space with two flippers? Keep thinking about the geometry of the shot and if cradle techniques would work to keep alive?

Also keep looking at the feature matrix difference chart and there is quite a bit missing on the Pro model vs Premium/LE. Scoop is the big one, then missing rotating pf, and missing magnet, etc. If price was not a factor-thinking many would go Premium/LE on this one if they could. Time will tell

#4788 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure if Pro is way to go or not yet?
I really do not care for mini-playfield's but without a choice and given a stellar theme, decisions need to be made. Ultimately I will need to play both to decide but what I like about the Premium/LE mini pf is it appears to have more of a true strategy and actually looks difficult to keep going. Watching the stream I noticed the players draining rather quickly playing the Premium model vs Pro. Thinking it may be entertaining trying to keep the ball alive in such a small space with two flippers? Keep thinking about the geometry of the shot and if cradle techniques would work to keep alive?
Also keep looking at the feature matrix difference chart and there is quite a bit missing on the Pro model vs Premium/LE. Scoop is the big one, then missing rotating pf, and missing magnet, etc. If price was not a factor-thinking many would go Premium/LE on this one if they could. Time will tell

Yeah, I’m still in for the my LE but I think the pro will be a fun one. There are things that I know I will like better on the prem/le like the extra ramp, metal wires and the mini playfield. I will play my buddies pro when he gets it but I’d doubt it makes me want to sell for a pro. We will see though but I love Star Wars so I’m excited for it all.

#4789 2 years ago

I love lots of games layouts but recently theme connection is huge for me. I keep thinking this is Star Wars Mandalorian-one of your favorite franchises-need to go big. Keep thinking I will appreciate the LE over time and the mirrored backglass, custom armor, invisiglass, shaker and the biggie for me- upgraded 3 channel speaker system will really make the soundtrack and call-outs stand out.

Feel like I am finally rounding out my collection as my wanted list continues to shrink. Really only a handful of themes I think I may be interested in the future....BTTF, Beetlejuice, Mission Impossible, Van Halen, Grateful Dead, Goonies(for wife), Superman, and NHL. (Hey Stern-cough... please take notes on my wishlist). I could care less about Godzilla, Toy Story, etc. Only other games I want right now are Elvis, KISS, Truckstop, and a Twister. Finally getting to the point of been there done that-which is good I guess?

#4790 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure if Pro is the way to go or not yet?
If price was not a factor-thinking many would go Premium/LE on this one if they could. Time will tell

Price is not a factor for me but I'm going Pro. Magnet is not interesting and I don't like mini playfields with two standard flippers.

Diverter scoop is cool but it's similar to Marvel ramp on AIQ and the pro played great without that.

I have just figured out for me personally that I generally like the way Pros play more add that they cost less and it's usually a win-win for me.

#4791 2 years ago

Looking like possibly another Star Wars where to me the pro plays miles better and smoother than the prem and LE (and yes I owned both).

The extra "stuff" they throw in to make people happy as upgrades rarely accounts for better game play.

Wire forms that dont hold the ball and more mechs usually just means more problems and time spent dialing the game.

My dialed in Star Wars prem (that took countless hours to get that way) didnt play anywhere near as good as my out of the box pro with zero tweaking.

#4792 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Looking like possibly another Star Wars where to me the pro plays miles better and smoother than the prem and LE (and yes I owned both).
The extra "stuff" they throw in to make people happy as upgrades rarely accounts for better game play.
Wire forms that dont hold the ball and more mechs usually just means more problems and time spent dialing the game.
My dialed in Star Wars prem (that took countless hours to get that way) didnt play anywhere near as good as my out of the box pro with zero tweaking.

I agree completely and the same is true for most Pro and Prem/LE. I like a moving TRex head as much as the next guy but the Pro plays smoother and I actually prefer it that way.

#4793 2 years ago

To me the Star Wars Pro seems too striped down and the fork ramp and Hyperloop really make the game. Premium/LE Star Wars is one of my favorite games and well worth the upgrade. Again-time will tell

#4794 2 years ago

There’ll be a fix for the PreLe wireforms.

#4795 2 years ago

Having more ways the game can interact with the ball are a big part of what makes pinball fun for me so Premium all the way.

#4796 2 years ago

Just watched the pro in action

Not judging the game itself but just Prem vs Pro?

Pro all day long. Pretty loaded pro for stern standards. Updated code looks good too with more call outs. Definitely looking forward to getting some hands on

#4797 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

You mean like how you can start multiball in Medieval Madness in 15sec by hitting the orbit a few times followed by the scoop?

And just like MM, you can do it but it’s not optimal. It’s an easy and fun mode to trigger early for a new player but not necessarily the best choice for an experienced one.

#4798 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:You mean like how you can start multiball in Medieval Madness in 15sec by hitting the orbit a few times followed by the scoop?
And just like MM, you can do it but it’s not optimal. It’s an easy and fun mode to trigger early for a new player but not necessarily the best choice for an experienced one.

I agree with this. Easy multi balls are great for beginners and always make guests happy and excited when they get one. Really like that this is easy to get for them.

Now to sell a game so I have room for this!!!

#4799 2 years ago

Dbl post

#4800 2 years ago

Ive watched both streams a few times now. Mini on the Pro looks like its handicapped looking to me with just one flipper and the playfield being flat and not moving looks lackluster when compared to the Premium/LE. Overall both games look great though but Premium/LE for is the way for me.

On the Star Wars discussion I also owned both SW pro and premium, Premium vs Pro is easy on that one. Pro version is to easy to beat. Hyperloop and being able to blow up the Deathstar never get old and make that version of the game so much more fun, so that choice was much easier then Mando has been for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/96?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.