(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 153.
#4701 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If you don’t mind Jack if you were pressed to pick pro or prem $ not being a issue what would it be ?

Tough call. I don’t have the time on the Prem that I do on the pro. I reaaaally enjoyed the pro tho!

#4702 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tough call. I don’t have the time on the Prem that I do on the pro. I reaaaally enjoyed the pro tho!

Ive been back n forth just from viewing what’s been out .My issue is with both kids getting they’re braces Im left having to sell if I purchase this year lmao .I was hoping they would be done with Family Guy to make things easy but got a “hell no” when I asked lmao.Thanks Jack I guess it’s not like the worlds ending anytime soon .Man this hobby is insane but where there’s a will there’s a way .This is the way .

#4703 2 years ago

I think the audio/visual was really nice. Great sounds. Also an interesting layout. Looking forward to my pro for location. Should be here soon.

#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Ive been back n forth just from viewing what’s been out .My issue is with both kids getting they’re braces Im left having to sell if I purchase this year lmao .I was hoping they would be done with Family Guy to make things easy but got a “hell no” when I asked lmao.Thanks Jack I guess it’s not like the worlds ending anytime soon .Man this hobby is insane but where there’s a will there’s a way .This is the way .

He has spoken

#4705 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Based simply on two streams, I'm not seeing enough of an upgrade to justify the additional $1700 jump from Pro to Premium. I'm a little bummed that Grogu wasn't utilized more on the playfield, but the random magnet certainly isn't moving me towards Premium. Overall I found myself locked in watching this Pro stream and I'm excited to play

#4706 2 years ago

Watching the stream at any point did the two green targets on the right get activated or are they not coded yet? Game looks great, MUCH better stream this time! Only very minor objection is the stop play of the foundry. Wish it didn't stall play so much or just awarded random.

#4707 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Well I'm not worried about every LE and Premium not finding a good home. But Stern will be quite happy with the Pro bring as popular, if not more. And if you 'reaaally' enjoyed the Pro, then you have spoken!

#4708 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Based simply on two streams, I'm not seeing enough of an upgrade to justify the additional $1700 jump from Pro to Premium. I'm a little bummed that Grogu wasn't utilized more on the playfield, but the random magnet certainly isn't moving me towards Premium. Overall I found myself locked in watching this Pro stream and I'm excited to play

Yeah i’m new but learning .I’m going to try not to visualize what I want in a pin before it’s revealed from now on .These people put a lot of work into these and nobody knows anything about what guided them one way or another on decisions ,only they know .Honestly ,when out on locations flipping I do not believe Ive ever played a game only once . Yes I like some better than others and yes code depth is a factor but the best thing is they’re all different .Sometimes I want to play a long deep game and others I just want a basic game to not have to think so much and just have fun .Bottom line pinheads are finally “spoiled “ with choices .Let’s keep that in mind

#4709 2 years ago

No i have not played Thunderbirds yet .

#4710 2 years ago

I'm wondering if grogu really does move, but they have it turned off for these. So that way when you play at home on location you get that WOW moment like when you first saw star wars. Maybe wishful thinking, but would be cool if it were a surprise

#4711 2 years ago

Pro is the way

#4712 2 years ago

The Pinside obsession with the doll moving has me a bit concerned.

#4713 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Considering we're all playing with arcades and pinballs, I'd say it's a healthy obsession!

#4714 2 years ago

I’m pretty sure I saw Grogu doing the Macarena in one of the modes.

#4715 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I’m pretty sure I saw Grogu doing the Macarena in one of the modes.

Quoted from Vino:

It’s Stairway to Heaven all over again?

#4716 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s Stairway to Heaven all over again?

09FE7726-904D-4DE1-923E-A2945F0A24EB.jpeg09FE7726-904D-4DE1-923E-A2945F0A24EB.jpeg
#4717 2 years ago

Both streams we have now are presented very differently. I don't really see the pro mini pf area as being better at all. The moving mini pf is quite unique and very interesting. Im sure it will be quite fun to play and different. The small area on the normal pf on the pro gives more of a wasted area feeling to me.

#4718 2 years ago

Loved the stream. Couldn't help but notice a 5s or so load time each time entering the foundry. Think this could be improved in code?

#4719 2 years ago

Just watch 10 minutes to confirm my choice, Pro will be fine. Great assets, ambiance will be huge.

By the way i find the multiball a little bit easy or simple to lit ? Backhand razor crest lane and go.

Can't wait anymore to have mine, hope the production is fine right now

GO !

#4720 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:don't really see the pro mini pf area as being better at all.

I do ! One less thing to break and trouble shoot!

#4721 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Just watch 10 minutes to confirm my choice, Pro will be fine. Great assets, ambiance will be huge.
By the way i find the multiball a little bit easy or simple to lit ? Backhand razor crest lane and go.
GO !

I hope you can make it harder in the settings

#4722 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

It would be cool if the static Mando on the screen got upgrades as the game continues and you spend at the foundry.

Same for

Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I hope you can make it harder in the settings

Also hope so, would like this set to hard from the outset.

#4723 2 years ago

Does the game seem too shallow? Looked like JD could've easily gotten to This is the Way. Only 5 main missions and as was pointed out, easy to light Razer Crest multiballs. Outlanes at mid position, maybe open them up.

#4724 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Does the game seem too shallow? Looked like JD could've easily gotten to This is the Way. Only 5 main missions and as was pointed out, easy to light Razer Crest multiballs. Outlanes at mid position, maybe open them up.

Code seemed pretty complete on top of that. Not sure if there's room for a lot more?

#4725 2 years ago

If it’s like SW and GOT, it won’t be deep on the surface. The depth comes from all the different ways to attack the game.

#4726 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

GO !

I thought the same thing currently it seems you can just shoot the center. Live catch and do it again for multi ball, hopefully that gets changed.

#4728 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

But when will they ship?

Said in the stream that the first game ready to be shipped had been signed yesterday by Stern folks..so, just about now?

#4729 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only very minor objection is the stop play of the foundry. Wish it didn't stall play so much or just awarded random.

Would be a great menu option

Xaqery ?

#4730 2 years ago

Awarded random? Horrible idea. But having it adjustable I’m fine with. As long as it’s not default.

#4731 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Awarded random? Horrible idea. But having it adjustable I’m fine with. As long as it’s not default.

Not such a horrible idea if it speeds up gameplay. But that’s why it’s good as a menu option - you won’t have to select it if you don’t want.

#4732 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, I like the idea of building my character. If they can start incorporating some rpg video game type and you can build your stats that would be awesome. It would be even cooler if they make a pin that i can Save my profile and grow my characters abilities and stats as I play it more and more.

#4733 2 years ago

I keep flip-flopping on which model I may like.

After watching the Pro stream, I think I may like the action of the rotating pf on Premium/LE more than Pro? I can already tell I will love the gameplay with the awesome video and music assets. The Pro looks fun, but not sure I like the plastic ramps obstructing view and the mini-pf does not seem to have a strategy? Not many themes left that I feel I am interested in and Star Wars is one of the best-if not the best theme in all of pinball-so there is that.

Thanks again Jack for streaming, it looks like a great game and I love the overall package.

#4734 2 years ago

Brown is the way?

Image 6-2-21 at 8.57 AM (resized).JPGImage 6-2-21 at 8.57 AM (resized).JPG
#4735 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, I like the idea of building my character. If they can start incorporating some rpg video game type and you can build your stats that would be awesome. It would be even cooler if they make a pin that i can Save my profile and grow my characters abilities and stats as I play it more and more.

I like the weapons buying to begin with, but I could see it becoming repetitive or worse, that one or two weapons are unbalanced “weapons of choice” that you always pick. Random selection would force you to try all weapons eventually and add an element of surprise, especially if you’ve owned the game for a while.

#4736 2 years ago

But what about not having enough beskar, or not wanting to even buy something?

#4737 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Brown is the way?
[quoted image]

I think either the orange, the brown and the grey is the way. The game looks great fun at it's core, so whatever game you end up picking won't be a bad choice, IMO..

Owning any flavor of the new Mandalorian pinball? No issue there!

#4738 2 years ago

Love , Love , Love the video animations that sync with modes. Very well done and I am lovin it!

Star Wars>crack

#4739 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My issue is with both kids getting they’re braces Im left having to sell if I purchase this year lmao

Just a tip maybe relevant maybe not, in case you did not know. Check with your insurance there's sometimes a one-time orthodontist benefit of $2000. I believe it is a health insurance benefit not dental insurance if yours is separate, but check them both as it's been years since i used mine. Good luck!

#4740 2 years ago

There did seem to be a very long (in pinball terms) load time for the shop when you hit it.

#4741 2 years ago

I’m ok with this is the way being somewhat obtainable . Not sure it’s as easy as we think , Jack is a very good player and had the tilt pretty loose!

#4742 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I’m ok with this is the way being somewhat obtainable . Not sure it’s as easy as we think , Jack is a very good player and had the tilt pretty loose!

He had it disabled lol. Agreed he’s Not your average player so I have no concerns with easy.

#4743 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He had it disabled lol. Agreed he’s Not your average player so I have no concerns with easy.

He did show the tilt off a few times

#4744 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

He did show the tilt off a few times

Lol. Yes he had to stick his hand in the machine to activate it. All good I want to see game play doesn’t need to be a rules test.

#4745 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But what about not having enough beskar?

It'd be great if the scoop just shoots the ball out like TNA (like, IMMEDIATELY) , yelling at you "Come back when you have the money, hobo!!!" XD

#4746 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Just a tip maybe relevant maybe not, in case you did not know. Check with your insurance there's sometimes a one-time orthodontist benefit of $2000. I believe it is a health insurance benefit not dental insurance if yours is separate, but check them both as it's been years since i used mine. Good luck!

My wife used something like that .She’s got the big bill lmao don’t want to get into that i know women have a tougher time with teeth later in life .It’s draining me I’ll be shaken by the ankles for some time but we’ll get through it .Cash is King ,Orthos are no exception

#4747 2 years ago

man the pro stream was awesome!!!! The polish now on the game is so fantastic - I'm super excited!

#4748 2 years ago

I have to admit...that pro upper pf looks a little more fun to me with the nudging and only one flipper. The tilting is a cool trick, but honestly seemed like it might be more frustrating than fun. Biggest thing I would miss on the prem/LE would be that scoop ramp, but that shot without the ramp looks so fun I might not miss it. Can't wait to play!

#4749 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

But when will they ship?

Could be alot later then you would think. Stay tuned.

**Reference to regular customer units shipping, not initial Operator/SternArmy machines.

#4750 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Could be alot later then you would think. Stay tuned.

Aww man you can't drop a teaser like that on us

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/95?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.