(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 153.
#4651 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I could do a few in resin

Hit me up if you do this!

#4652 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

3d printed Mandalorian helmet flasher covers.
[quoted image]

Neat. Some translucent filament might be a good choice to let some additional light thru.

#4653 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve bought two wireforms in the past through my distro. Each time I’ve had to send back the broken ones.

Chuck do you know of any games that have plastic ramps that has been modded with metal wire forms? I so wish my guardians of the galaxy or left ramp on Jurassic Park had metal ramps

#4654 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Chuck do you know of any games that have plastic ramps that has been modded with metal wire forms? I so wish my guardians of the galaxy or left ramp on Jurassic Park had metal ramps

Do those have different ramps between the models?

#4655 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

.. Battlestar Galactica (but from original movie and series) would have made a great pinball theme!

Still is a great theme that can be done.

#4656 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Imo ......it looks more meh.....like how much control do you really have uo there

Yeah, the mini playfield on the premium looks like there is no control. The pro looks better.
Also the plastic ramps on the pro are blocking the view a lot. The pro needs habitrails !!

#4657 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Something stupid that a man with a mask and leather accessories would use for fun eg. Pulp Fiction style

Neither of those make sense but wow u really know a lot about this, interesting. Seems maybe a little too much. Ur very taken with the mask and leather, u think Mando Dildos are funny, speaks volumes sir. Lets not forget thinking Wonka is "bad ass" Not that there's anything wrong with it of course. Live free sir. Enjoy ur alternate lifestyle.

Romulick?
sddefault (resized).jpgsddefault (resized).jpg

#4658 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do those have different ramps between the models?

I don’t believe so. I was just wondering what games do have different ramps between the games like Mando does? I don’t think I’ve ever saw a mod for metal ramps over plastic for any machine but I’d be on board

#4659 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I don’t believe so. I was just wondering what games do have different ramps between the games like Mando does? I don’t think I’ve ever saw a mod for metal ramps over plastic for any machine but I’d be on board

I think we haven’t before because it wasn’t this easy to do. It appears all you need for the swap is a set of premium wireforms and they will drop right in.

#4660 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think we haven’t before because it wasn’t this easy to do. It appears all you need for the swap is a set of premium wireforms and they will drop right in.

They could have put a wireform at least for the ramp that's goes across the middle of the PF, foolishness. Hopefully theres an easy inexpensive mod, it shouldn't have been plastic to begin with.

#4661 2 years ago

Deadflip streaming the Pro tonight at 6pm Central...

#4662 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/329314050549754/posts/2001587723322370/?d=n

Pro stream at 6pm!

996A898C-14BD-4DA1-9151-06B8E8327758 (resized).png996A898C-14BD-4DA1-9151-06B8E8327758 (resized).png
#4663 2 years ago

Finally! Will be interesting to see if people change their initial pick and go for either the Premium or the Pro. Or if current Pro buyers will walk away happy!

#4664 2 years ago

That’s 7pm eastern for you tune zone illiterate types!

#4665 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Finally! Will be interesting to see if people change their initial pick and go for either the Premium or the Pro. Or if current Pro buyers will walk away happy!

Thats where im at, I have a LE but if the Pro looks better Ill just get both and make somebody happy with a LE.

#4666 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thats where im at, I have a LE but if the Pro looks better Ill just get both and make somebody happy with a LE.

Your wallet is not a person!

#4667 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

That's a great way to look at this. What's the difference $$ again between a LE and a Pro?

Just comparing, myself I wouldn't be too attached to the LE backglass, armour and HD glass. Blades? I've already seen some good ones being offered. The art? I really like the Pro. Leaves me looking at that mini playfield once and for all.

For example, I like my uppers in Shadow and GoT, but with those two games, I get the sense of gameplay and everything runs smoothly.

Tonight should be quite interesting indeed!

#4668 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

That's a great way to look at this. What's the difference again between a LE and a Pro?
Just comparing, myself I wouldn't be too attached to the LE backglass, armour and HD glass. Blades? I've already seen some good ones being offered. Leaves me looking at that mini playfield once and for all.
For example, I like my uppers in Shadow and GoT, but with those two games, I get the sense of gameplay and everything runs smoothly.
Tonight should be quite interesting!

Difference money wise from LE to Pro is about $4k.

Thats my main concern is the mini playfield differences. Dwight came out and said the Premium/Le mini is more fun but he works for Stern so cant expect him to talk to bad about the game. The plastic ramps i could live with and the magnet as far as i can tell is a waste so far. The diverter might be cool but have to see how the Pro plays without it. Im excited, is it 7pm Eastern yet? Maybe Levi should do hourly updates...

#4669 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im excited, is it 7pm Eastern yet? Maybe Levi should do hourly updates...

Lol, Levi thinks we're all peasants anyway, with those time zones.. 7:00 p.m. NEW-YORK time is what he meant to say!

Edited: that's in 3 hours from now!

#4670 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I'm usually into LEs or Pres, but in this case, I may get my first Pro. The stream will be really helpful. The ramp diverter is the main thing I'd miss from what I've seen so far, although streams in general are like looking at a map until you can play the game.

#4671 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

If you got in on day one... now it's roughly a 7K difference.

#4672 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

If you got in on day one... now it's roughly a 7K difference.

I got in about a month before announcement and still was 4th down the LE wait list. Luckily people didnt have the loot when distributor called with invoice and he only went $200 over MSRP unless Stern raised there prices to $9400. No free shipping on this game either which is a first for any NIB Sterns for me that ive bought.

#4673 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

If it turns out it plays great then you'll enjoy it even more, and that's $4k towards Godzilla

#4674 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Neither of those make sense but wow u really know a lot about this, interesting. Seems maybe a little too much. Ur very taken with the mask and leather, u think Mando Dildos are funny, speaks volumes sir. Lets not forget thinking Wonka is "bad ass" Not that there's anything wrong with it of course. Live free sir. Enjoy ur alternate lifestyle.
Romulick?
[quoted image]

Is this a selfie from your big weekend out Jacksalot?

#4675 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Gentlemen, gentlemen, please, we all love novelty dildos and leather! Let's focus on our common ground here and put aside such unpleasantries!

At least until 7pm Eastern!

#4676 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That's so weak, last week. Back to the Blue oyster Romulick. We all know thats u, although ur Mando Dildo is no where to be found, where could it be??? Shame on u sir.

#4677 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's so weak, last week. Back to the Blue oyster Romulick. We all know thats u, although ur Mando Dildo is no where to be found, where could it be??? Shame on u sir.

Man you've lost a step we're done !

#4678 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Man you've lost a step we're done !

No idea what that means.

#4679 2 years ago

5 minutes to the live stream, happy viewing Mando fans and others!! Lol

#4680 2 years ago

Pro looking great. Already enough call outs to require people to find something new to complain about.

#4681 2 years ago

The shots definitely look fun and satisfying to hit, especially the right horseshoe. Theme/music/sound effects are good, and to a lesser extent so are the callouts. Theme is definitely appealing.

Mini PF still does nothing for me, and there's definitely a lack of interactive toys. I think code/rules will largely make or break this one (which is usually the case).

#4682 2 years ago

The pro looks like a blast. Zero issues out of the box. Updated code has Mando callouts.

Can't wait until mine is delivered!

#4683 2 years ago

Looking forward to watching the stream later, seems like the early reactions are positive... Although that could be bc the negative ones haven't finished their thesis yet

#4684 2 years ago

The sounds and callouts have improved even more since previous stream. So interactive with the butter shots - a real highlight for this game so far.

#4685 2 years ago

Damn, at first glance the Pro is looking incredible! Callouts, assets, Mando's voice...That upper playfield looks way less gimmicky and smoother with the Pro compared to the full Premium/LE version.

Really feels like Stern went all out doing a fully packaged game with the Pro, then it was just a matter of adding the extra features to justify the other versions.

Tie fighters, Moff Gideon sounding fantastic!

#4686 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Mini PF still does nothing for me, and there's definitely a lack of interactive toys. I think code/rules will largely make or break this one (which is usually the case).

That mini playfield does even less in the Premium/LE, IMO. It felt more cumbersome than anything during the first reveal. I think all and all, the game is looking great so far and should live up to the hype. My pick would be the Pro, this was some pretty convincing gameplay.

I do get the impression that Stern lost an opportunity to just design a simple version of the mini playfield for all the games, no tilting or rotating. But could have focused on offering a more dynamic/animated Grogu toy on the Premium/LE.

#4687 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Looking forward to watching the stream later, seems like the early reactions are positive... Although that could be bc the negative ones haven't finished their thesis yet

For a Pro, it's a home run. Routed, it will make miracles. At home, it's just going to be damn fun! The 'negative ones' seem to have forgotten that a pinball is supposed to be fun in the first place!!

That Stern employee that came to play a quick double, man that guy was just quiet and totally into his game. That was nice to see, just a casual player that seemed to totally enjoy it!

Edited: my girlfriend I going to loooove those Grogu animations!

#4688 2 years ago

So the pro is just missing a magnet, tilting mini playfield w extra flipper, and wire ramps?
It’s looking great! That mini ramp with one flipper reminds me of my first pin...swords of fury.

#4689 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

So the pro is just missing a magnet, tilting mini playfield w extra flipper, and wire ramps?
It’s looking great! That mini ramp with one flipper reminds me of my first pin...swords of fury.

i believe its also missing that combo shot with the metal piece that comes down making one shot into two.

#4690 2 years ago

Any mention of when it will be on YouTube? I was busy doing yard work all day after work and completely missed it but was looking forward to gameplay of the pro. Thanks

#4691 2 years ago

Cool to hear all the actors/characters vo from the show made it in. I caught Din Djarin (Mando), The armorer, Kuiil, Moff Gideon, IG-11, Mayfeld, Bo Katan, Lang, and Grogu giggling. This is the way!

#4692 2 years ago

#4693 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

It doesn't have the upost either that stops the ball when coming off the mini pf, which im ok with cause it stops game play.

#4694 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Any mention of when it will be on YouTube? I was busy doing yard work all day after work and completely missed it but was looking forward to gameplay of the pro. Thanks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR1i0WY1PVXzBpKtgJK-lb9gmdipvP4O_l2BbhBBwcZtYtGjobNIArHtXEg&v=dUGYvFjbeZA&feature=youtu.be

#4695 2 years ago

I saw Grogu move!

#4696 2 years ago

Looks like a very fun machine.

Sticking with Pro

#4698 2 years ago

Thanks a lot for the video it is appreciated

#4699 2 years ago

If you don’t mind Jack if you were pressed to pick pro or prem $ not being a issue what would it be ?

#4700 2 years ago

Good stream, still happy with the LE but the pro looks like a lot of fun especially if you can get wire cross ramps for it. Stern did a great job on an amazing theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.