(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 153.
#4601 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Weird question here....has anyone ever had luck asking Stern to do a special build? I think I like the Premium art the best but thinking I may like the Pro layout. Wondering if I threw Stern several hundred bucks-would they make a special machine with Premium art cabinet and Pro playfield? I know the answer is probably no(especially with 5 month back-log) but it would be cool. Just an afterthought and sometimes money talks.

Find someone nearby with a Premium that wants pro art and swap the cabinets? Haha I'm reaching a bit

#4602 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:Weird question here....has anyone ever had luck asking Stern to do a special build? I think I like the Premium art the best but thinking I may like the Pro layout. Wondering if I threw Stern several hundred bucks-would they make a special machine with Premium art cabinet and Pro playfield? I know the answer is probably no(especially with 5 month back-log) but it would be cool. Just an afterthought and sometimes money talks.

I like the art on the premium but prefer the Full color Of the pro art package the prem has a little too much brown for me. It’s just a personal opinion. All three art packages are awesome !

#4603 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

All three art packages are awesome !

One thing I like about the LE is the subtle color choices that look sharp(love the silver look)- no neon colors from Stern for once. It is going to come down to game play for me on which one I choose.

I have to say that Premium with custom side rails really popped in the stream as well. All three are different and good in different ways-makes for a tough decision.

#4604 2 years ago

The simple answer is buy a pro and a premium, swap what you want, sell what you have left over. Im sure someone will buy it.

#4605 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The simple answer is buy a pro and a premium, swap what you want, sell what you have left over. Im sure someone will buy it.

Probably the best solution yet!

I actually read your post this time-it was only two sentences long

#4606 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I actually read your post this time-it was only two sentences long

He must be tired.

#4607 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Might have better luck trying to buy the premium cabinet art and installing yourself.

Yep. Or get with a like minded buddy who wants the premium game in the pro cabinet and do the swaparoo.

#4608 2 years ago

Still relatively new here, but this is one of my favorite posts I have seen in awhile. Not sure why so many live in the past when you can be enjoying life now. If you dont like munsters sell. Dont play it.

3/4 games I have I initially did not like playing. then the more I played the more I appreciated them. It was also during a learning curve for me in pinball. Had not played for years and now that is all I think about lol.

#4609 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

+1
waiting to see/test/play it
and to be honest, i'm even not sure the mini PF (area) will be less "fun" on the PRO than the moving one...

Did you happen to listen to the Dwight and Eddie interview on Super awesome pinball show? https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/19099136
Jump alittle over half way is when Dwights part starts and Dwight talks about the differences of the two minis.

#4610 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Did you happen to listen to the Dwight and Eddie interview on Super awesome pinball show? https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/19099136
Jump alittle over half way is when Dwights part starts and Dwight talks about the differences of the two minis.

no... simply because being not english native, its hard to follow these kind of talkshow, even more if its Dwight talking (quickly)
but will soon see the pin with JD, and later test it, the best way to really know

anyway, tanx for the link, will give it a try

#4611 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One more-IG-11 is badass!...

If that clip is not a multi-ball animation it’s a huge missed opportunity and I will be sad.

#4612 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

If that clip is not a multi-ball animation it’s a huge missed opportunity and I will be sad.

I am sooooooooo excited to see all the video animations and call-outs they choose to go with. To me they will make this game spectacular! Yes please incorporate IG-11! Getting jazzed for this one

#4613 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

excited to see all the video animations

In addition to all the video animation assets, I am also looking forward to the orchestrated theme soundtracks. Star Wars and Jurassic Park really shine because of their orchestrated soundtracks. Mandaolrian will be the same

Take a good listen-it is going to really sound great....

#4614 2 years ago

Check out this Hip-Hop version, it would pump with an external subwoofer(Cleland-make it so)....

Haha-just cranked this shit up loud-and shit is falling off my walls-feel the bass!

#4615 2 years ago

Carl Flippin Weathers!

Carl Weathers likes to BBQ...

#4616 2 years ago

Game looks good but the baby yoda doll sucks and so does the call outs but what else is new with Stern. Should have used the guy from the SW pin. No need for bad out of place Carl W call outs. I'm a fan but it doesn't work.

#4617 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Should have used the guy from the SW pin.

The guy from the SW pin (Tom Kane) had a stroke that left him mostly unable to speak.

#4618 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Game looks good but the baby yoda doll sucks and so does the call outs but what else is new with Stern. Should have used the guy from the SW pin. No need for bad out of place Carl W call outs. I'm a fan but it doesn't work.

Callouts sound good to me. I felt his lines made sense for the context and the jackpot calls sound good too. Appropriate emotion level for the moments in which they were used.

#4619 2 years ago

As for modding the plastic ramps with metal wire forms .... are the metal one needed an exact match with the premium/le models or are they significantly different?

#4620 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

As for modding the plastic ramps with metal wire forms .... are the metal one needed an exact match with the premium/le models or are they significantly different?

Looks like to me that the wire forms will drop right in and work on a pro.

#4621 2 years ago

Has anyone received their pro yet?

#4622 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Has anyone received their pro yet?

I don’t believe so

#4623 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like to me that the wire forms will drop right in and work on a pro.

So it should have a Stern part # and could be ordered from Stern??? No need for mod community to do anything then, unless Stern offers none and a source is needed to produce them. Also might be cheaper for mod maker to produce them than what Stern will sell them for, so there is that. But hopefully Stern adds these to their store and they can be purchased directly.

#4624 2 years ago

So it should have a Stern part # and could be ordered from Stern???

Yes but not sure they will sell you on unless you’re a premium owner and have a broken wireform.

#4625 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes but not sure they will sell you on unless you’re a premium owner and have a broken wireform.

They’ve never had a policy like that to prevent their parts (except-translite, back glasses and cabinet art work) from being sold. All the main toys are available for a time too. Mostly you have to order it through a distributor. Now Stern might come back with out of inventory reply and don’t know when they’ll restock it, but as long as they are building Mando’s, it should be available in sufficient quantities imho. But if you are correct and the part cannot be ordered, then we’d be 100% dependent on a mod maker to sell it to the community.

edit - this feels like the perfect project for a high school shop class. Stidents can learn how to use new tools as they build and sell X-forms. So their plan looks like this. First they sell shares in their company product to classmates for $5 a share and we’ll say 95 kids bought shares and each of 5 members of A-Team buy a share so everyone owns 1% of the X-forms project and $500 is added to the treasury.

Team A declares they will build and sell 250 sets of X-forms that are replicas of the two Stern wireforms for $90 shipped. They believe packing and shipping will average $20, leaving $75 a set to cover costs and profit. If all are sold it would bring in $19k gross income. A-Team firgured their materials cost at $3k, tool cost at zero and supply cost at $1k. They know as long as they spend less than $19k, they will be winners. It all goes according to plan but there was a 50% reject rate which caused mterial and supply costs to increase 50% to $6k.

Upon reconciliation the group took in $500 + $19k and they spent $5k shipping shipping, which was excluded from the project costs, $4.5k materials cost and $1.5 supply costs. This left $13,500 in the account to be distributed among the 100 share holders. Each will receive $135 back in return for their $5 investment over 2 months time and the company is dissolved. Meantime the mod community is full of happy campers too.

Somebody make this happen.

#4626 2 years ago

They’ve never had a policy like that to prevent their parts (except-translite, back glasses and cabinet art work) from being sold. All the main toys are available for a time too. Mostly you have to order it through a distributor. Now Stern might come back with out of inventory reply and don’t know when they’ll restock it, but as long as they are building Mando’s, it should be available in sufficient quantities imho. But if you are correct and the part cannot be ordered, then we’d be 100% dependent on a mod maker to sell it to the community.

Typically Marco has all replacement parts and ramps listed just after game release. The only time Stern (or others) limit this is if its an LE or CE. No need for anyone to make them I suspect Marco will sell many.

#4627 2 years ago

They’ve never had a policy like that to prevent their parts (except-translite, back glasses and cabinet art work) from being sold. All the main toys are available for a time too. Mostly you have to order it through a distributor.

I’ve bought two wireforms in the past through my distro. Each time I’ve had to send back the broken ones.

#4628 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Typically Marco has all replacement parts and ramps listed just after game release. The only time Stern (or others) limit this is if its an LE or CE. No need for anyone to make them I suspect Marco will sell many.

This is good news. I hope they have plenty of the prem wireforms in stock! Haha

#4629 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Callouts sound good to me. I felt his lines made sense for the context and the jackpot calls sound good too. Appropriate emotion level for the moments in which they were used.

Its personal pref I mean some people like the Metallica call outs as well and they are atrocious. Anyway, luckily u can attenuate them out of existence. I'm getting a Pro so it should be easy to remove that giant baby yoda doll and won't be long until there are wireform replacements for the plastic ramps, then all is good.

#4630 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its personal pref I mean some people like the Metallica call outs as well and they are atrocious. Anyway, luckily u can attenuate them out of existence. I'm getting a Pro so it should be easy to remove that giant baby yoda doll and won't be long until there are wireform replacements for the plastic ramps, then all is good.

And you will replace the grogu with what ?

#4631 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

#4632 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

[quoted image]

A bit too far, but at least it moves.

#4633 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Unless its real ugly without it there, nothing. Could be just right without. Like the slings on JP.

#4634 2 years ago

Any ETA on pro delivery? So excited to get mine, hoping it is soon.

#4635 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Any ETA on pro delivery? So excited to get mine, hoping it is soon.

Will probably here more tomorrow or Tuesday I'm sure.

#4636 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Will probably here more tomorrow or Tuesday I'm sure.

Tuesday here I'm expecting

#4637 2 years ago

They’ve never had a policy like that to prevent their parts (except-translite, back glasses and cabinet art work) from being sold.

Wrong - see examples like the Rising Cross from Metallica. Was available, then they stopped because of timebandit's mod. Other examples too... I think it's in part because Stern really doesn't like making spares so mod buying depletes the supply plus a bit of the 'protect the tiers' thinking.

#4638 2 years ago

3d printed Mandalorian helmet flasher covers.
C8717EA5-89FD-4210-B73F-5DCE5BB9292F (resized).jpegC8717EA5-89FD-4210-B73F-5DCE5BB9292F (resized).jpeg

#4639 2 years ago

I could do a few in resin

#4640 2 years ago

I wonder if the foundry may slow down the pace of the game. What do you think?

#4641 2 years ago
Quoted from Microvolt:

I wonder if the foundry may slow down the pace of the game. What do you think?

Pick quickly!

#4642 2 years ago

My only worry is about the upper PF if it’ll be fun or something that’s just meh after a while.

#4643 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My only worry is about the upper PF if it’ll be fun or something that’s just meh after a while.

Imo ......it looks more meh.....like how much control do you really have uo there

#4644 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

[quoted image]

Oh man that was funny!!!

#4645 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

3d printed Mandalorian helmet flasher covers.
[quoted image]

Not at all meant as a criticism. Very cool idea. The red however has me only seeing Cylons lol.

#4646 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Imo ......it looks more meh.....like how much control do you really have uo there

Seems that it’s not used that often and should remain fun IMO .. but who knows .

#4647 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not at all meant as a criticism. Very cool idea. The red however has me only seeing Cylons lol.

.. Battlestar Galactica (but from original movie and series) would have made a great pinball theme!

But very cool Mando mod helmet! Just wondering, if it was printed in resin, would we see some print lines?

#4648 2 years ago

When is the pro stream? Seems like it is past due.

#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh man that was funny!!!

No it wasn't it was stupid.

#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No it wasn't it was stupid.

Something stupid that a man with a mask and leather accessories would use for fun eg. Pulp Fiction style

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/93?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.